Untitled

Attached: 55555.png (668x321, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/movie/the-thing-1982
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Botw btfo

Fun Fact: Zelda was named the best franchise ever, beating Final Fantasy in the finals by a narrow margin despite beating everything else by average vote difference of 60,000

Attached: Zelda vs FF.jpg (1132x186, 33K)

literally the only reason people like this game is because they were dumb kids who had never played anything better

If that happened today, some nancy boy with a patreon would intentionally bomb the metascore just for exposure.

OHNONONONONO

And yet most people think Majoras Mask is the best one.
I really wonder why even call a game "perfect" when it's clearly not.

Who made this? that´s a huge amount of votes.

>And yet most people think Majoras Mask
You mean most of Yea Forums? known for being a contrarian website? top kek what a retard.

How can modern """""games""""" even compete?

GameFaqs, Gamespot & IGN.Com always collaborate for these things

was the 1 point because of iron boot swapping?

Attached: zelda souls.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

I feel like I've met significantly more people in my life that care about Zelda than Final Fantasy.

it'll still be the best video game 20 years from now

I think it was because an official nintendo magazine actually gave it a slightly lower score than others.

>game that starts the formula and does it extremely well, some even consider them the peak of the series
>game that fleshes out the formula of the previous game and reaches incredible popularity and critical acclaim, being widely considered as a masterpiece of the medium.
>game that tried something new but failed miserably and ended up being an unfinished mess
>game that is arguably better than the game that is widely considered as a masterpiece, although is not nearly as popular, considered as cult masterpieces
>game that tried to replicate the success of the critically acclaimed and most popular game but fails miserably and ends up just being a shitty rehash with no soul

Holy shit this is actually extremely accurate.

you fucking retards even know how Metacritic works?

It's a bit weird to think you can quantify the quality of a work of art, assign it a number, and add up the numbers that other people have given it, as if anything of that is meaningful. It doesn't tell you what emotions it instilled in you, what thoughts or ideas. Even just as entertainment, how do you measure how much "fun" you had? It's not even useful as a comparative tool.

If I'm honest, I couldn't say I had more "fun" with Ocarina of Time than some random game like Armored Core For Answer, or Civilization IV, or Crash Bandicoot 2. I can't measure how much "fun" I had, I can only describe what a work meant to me.

There wasn't anything better than ocarina of time in those times stupid zoomer, this game started an entire genre

Its averaged from journalists and reviewers.

SEETHING

That would be pretty based if you ask me

metacritic.com/movie/the-thing-1982

>Never played this game
>Never had an N64
>Never bothered with Emulators
Did I miss out bros?

I always forget about this. God damn plebs.

It was, Nintendo Power was actually the most "negative" review at the time

Attached: Nintendo_Power_Issue_114_November_1998_page_130.jpg (1600x2106, 1.16M)

get out of Yea Forums right now.

Honestly that whole generation of games has aged like milk if you don't have your nostalgia goggles on.

spotted the zoomer.

Reminder that Zoomers grew up with the 5th gen consoles.

Cringe

Final Fantasy has fucking floundered in the last ten years

No. OoT wasn't even very good when it came out, people were just easily impressed by 3D at the time. It was a strict downgrade compared to Link to the Past.
Basically, video games have gotten more popular with each successive generation, so you keep getting people who have never played vidya before playing the latest installments of old series, and only the latest installments, and going "HOLY SHIT VIDYA", and now, to them, that first one they played is the best and most memorable. It happened with FF7, it happened with Mario 64 and OoT, it happened with Halo, it happened with CoD4, I could go on, but you get the picture.

Attached: 1560567545088.png (378x340, 217K)

>an heroic theme
i dont care what people say, nintendo power editors and writers were fucking hacks.

I mis those honest days when graphics were considered one fifth of the total score. Braindead zoomers treat it like it's 99%
>muh 30fps with dips muh DF screenshot

Wind waker was the last game where I enjoyed Ganondorf and they've brought the fucker back 3 times since. Can we get a new villain already? Or one that only appeared once or twice before?

Imagine being this ignorant.

Not to mention graphics also took into account shit like animation, story, and art design instead just muh resolution and muh textures

>it happened with Mario 64

SM64 is unironically still the best 3D platformer.