What is the best Diablo2 class?

what is the best Diablo2 class?

Attached: d2 classes.jpg (542x330, 42K)

Assassin.

Hammerdin.

necro

sorceress has an orgasm on death thats pretty cool

Lite sorc

Anything Paladin. There's no class more fitting to demon slaying than a holy man.

this. my first character and most played one.

necro, paladin and sorceress are all top tier

Barbarian hands down

bowzon

Easy choice

Bigger question

Diablo GoG or Diablo 2 Torrent Edition?

For me, it's wind druid

Druid

paladin, for pvp they broke him giving stupid strong 1 point wonder holy shield which lets him get max block with minimal investment in dex, good defense boost and 1(!) frame block recovery, together with like 15 viable builds the class was just too versatile

smite din

I like them all except Barb and Assassin.

i miss this so bad bros :( blizzard should re release this as "classic" so i can have an excuse to be with all the cool kids and play it again

I'm literally downloading Diablo 2 right now, so this thread will come in handy

Hurricane Druid

what's the best diablo mod for hilarious imbalance?
im enjoying d2scrabble

Diablo 2 1.13d any method you want. Do not patch 1.14

what happened in newest patch? i havent played d2 inlike 10 years.

>javelin amazon with that shit that spreads lighting everywhere
>double throw barbarian
>spinning spear barb
>glacial orb sorc
>teleport lightning sorc
>poison corpse explode necro
>hammer paladin

druid and assassins fucking sucked lol

>Windows 8/10 comparability fixes
>Mercenaries will no longer become "an evil force"
>literally fucking nothing
Stay with 1.13 that still works with the PlugY and the resolution mod

skelemancer. Always rolled one on a new ladder season to get that easy MF rolling. Once i get some gear i make a sorcs. Every time all the time.

Attached: oo.jpg (1438x1080, 813K)

As always: the one with the biggest tits.

Barbarian?

Sorceresses. They have the fastest speedruns by a mile.

>javelin amazon with that shit that spreads lighting everywhere
stops working at Hell dificulty where 1/2 of monsters is lightning immune
>double throw barbarian
meme garbage build i never seen anyone play throw barbarian LOL
>spinning spear barb
only solid build still miles behind other classes
>glacial orb sorc
1 element builds stop working hell,
>teleport lightning sorc
look up
>poison corpse explode necro
actually no idea, might be good but only because summons and corpse explosions are such a ridiculous strong spells even with 1 point
>hammer paladin
actual god tier char but only with enigma which is impossible to get singleplayer, odds finding high rune is literally like winning a lottery and you need 2 specific high runes to make that item.

they each had their times when they were the best i mean. except meme barb but i played him all the way to hell runs with a group and they enjoyed it because they never saw it before and i had top tier items. i was mostly just there for my warcry buffs

>hammerdin
>only with enigma
Memeing casual scrubs that have no idea that vigor is a synergy. Also charge.

For me, it's the Shapeshifting Druid.
>such a ridiculously high life pool (and as a result, low flinch rate), and such forgiving faster hit recovery breakpoints that it's more viable to just tank a hit and life leech it back than it is to get stuck in block
>highest base attack speeds for unusual weapons like staves, two-handed axes, and polearms so the best class for gimmicky weapons like upgraded Ribcracker, Tomb Reaver, and range 4 polearm rune words
>can also do meme shit like Rabies with Plague Bearer and Treachery proccing Venom that makes the calculation of poison damage over x seconds wig the fuck out and do way more than it's supposed to
>absolute mayhem proccing a few on strike/when struck a second while tanking a mob and using Fury while barely ever suffering hit recovery
Not the most viable, but some of the most fun I've had.

sorc is objectively the strongest

I will go through them left to right though.

Amazon: All around an OK class. Javazons are good for farming cow level and reasonably strong. Bowazons are easier to get up and running but are not as good. Played mainly by people who admire her tits.

Assassin: One of the weaker classes but trapsins and kicksins are easy to get going and so decent for ladder resets. Normal martial arts assassins are kind of shit. They are a gamey class for people who want to optimize things because they do everything kind of screwy and good assassins. Played mainly by the red mage type of devout optimizer who see glitches as features.

Necromancer: The necromancer is the least equipment dependent class, in fact he can play with no equipment at all easier than anyone else. His summoning builds are very capable of killing everything for him as he follows them around picking up loot. His clear speed is not so fast. His other builds focusing on poison or bone damage can be decent with the right gear but never as good as other ranged options. His curses are strong force multipliers. Between his summons which are not super gear dependent and his curses on a fresh ladder reset people are always happy to see him, and then later on annoyed as he just clutters everything up and doesn't contribute a whole lot. Played by people who are always excited to learn there is a necromancer class.

Barbarian: The most bland class in the game. Think of your generic fighter, warrior, soldier. Thats the barbarian. Whether hes spinning, berserking, using a shield, or throwing, he damages things and doesnt die too easy. Thats basically it. The singing barbarian is a unique caster subtype thats lots of fun but objectively pretty shit. Played by boring people who enjoy playing big strong man in all video games and love the generic male protagonist on all cover art.
[continued]

What's wrong with 1.14

BAR BAR

I forgot when my multi arrow bowazon would clear mobs like 10 screens away lol

[cont[

Sorc: The strongest class, the best MF class. Shes best for starting a new ladder, and finishing it. Really the only class that needs to exist. Due to teleport she can navigate the map fastest with out needing special armor to do it.
At the beginning of 'end game' shes a little weak due to elemental resistances but once you get your merc and build sorted out even this becomes no problem. Very boring overall. Played by people who want to be best, people who want to be the mage, and people who want to be a cute girl.

Druid: The worst class in the game. Every possible build is garbage and only furries play them.

Paladin: The paladin is an all around class capable of admirable performance. Its noteworthy for having the most colorful fanbase around it. Paladin builds always tend to have creative names, and people play them and appreciate their various mechanisms for true enjoyment of the game. His only real endgame potential is a hammerdin bot for baal runs, but anything from a zealot to an avenger can be played successfully and fashionably. Played by people who like the fact that their auras help their team and tend to play magic knights in other games.

my favorite is Trapsin and Fire Sorc

>Played by people who are always excited to learn there is a necromancer class.
Damn accurate

Attached: Diablo II character select.webm (404x720, 2.88M)

Yeah the idea of necromancer was always oddly appealing to me. Like who wouldn't want to hang out with cool skeletons and shit.

Also you make enemies die qnd then serve you as slaves

this, bowazon before the nerfs is also right

I don't think there is one. Some are definitely not as good as others, but there's so many categories of what defines as "best" so it's hard to say just one character. I depends what your goal is.

ghost assassin up in this mothafucka

lots of bullshit here
trapsin and ele dru are top 5 builds in the game
what the fuck are you smoking

>7 classes
>i-its in the top 5!
druids are garbage enjoy your ravens you freak

javazon

there's a difference between a class and a build

Hammerdin if you're a brainded idiot

Barb if you're the average joe

Sorc if you're a thinking man

The rest are just played for fun.

ok, where the fuck is the remaster

Attached: 1494784084375.jpg (1689x1440, 409K)

if you go by build then the top 5 builds are all different kinds of sorc

median xl assassin

only ligh sorc is amazing, but only with top-end gear
sorcs are great for starting out though

srsly. i need to show these goddamn streamers and zoomers whats up. get top ladder rank against them :)

Is the Barb from D2 the same Barb in D3? If so, man this guy has seen some shit.

I sense autism ahead with this one let's hear it.

He was supposed to be originally but in the final product it's just some random old barb with no relation to the D2 one

the standard fotb/fb sorc is the top build in the game

lightning mono-element are also good with infinity but the problem is there are three distinct ligitning sorc builds, one that focuses on chain lightning, one that focuses on charge bolt, and one that focuses on nova
so thats 4 builds right there.

The problem is, enigma armor is mandatory for everyone who is not a sorc if they really want to be optimal (remember time = money), this means starting off the sorc has the advantage of being able to wear armor to buff it.
So you can take builds that are not sorc and not wearing engima and they are basically disqualified from the start even if they are strong, because they are not strong and fast.

necro obv

That was the original idea but that was dropped in development, probably because they added the ability to pick male or female when rolling a character and that wouldn't have worked for the fembarb. There's bits and hints of what they planned for each class' personal backstory in some places (mostly promo material) and flavor text but other than that, they are just generic now.
They still kept male barb old though.

vanilla amazon
lord of destruction was a mistake

thats a nice inventory you have there, be a shame if you couldnt use it anymore :^)

>play Necro
have literally entire build dedicated to nothing but summoning skeletons
>refuse to use them, actively be drain on team barely contributing to combat
>wait until final boss fight with Baal
>summon 30 of each kind of skeleton and crash the game

Necromancer is the real shit

If you play PvP the only choice is Leap Barb

I'd rather have my ridiculously broken homing piercing arrows that disintegrate everything in the game

man what a shit decision.
I guess that would've made the barbarian storyline too unique for their formula but it would've given him so much potential as a character.

shit my bad

meteorb is subpar as an endgame build
suggesting cb or nova as valid alternatives for a light sorc is just wrong
teleport while overpowered for sure, isn't really needed if you're not farming bosses

I miss screaming and jumping like a monkey around blood moor

Tri-elemental soso and I am kidding you not.

>Tri-elemental

mephisto runs all day like the autist i am

>annoyed as he just clutters everything up and doesn't contribute a whole lot
Bullshit.

Amp Damage is a godsend for melee classes and the minions scale well enough to put a wall between enemies and ranged players. Dim Vision against Hell mode ranged units has saved more than its share of groups and combining Decrepify with a Clay Golem and any source of cold damage will lock down any boss.

A well-built Necro always has a place in my party.

Those idiots flinging Bone Spear and running out of mana every 4 casts in Act 3 can fuck right off

Enigma summoner

Maul Druid was legit though.

Zon is pretty brainless, LFury is godly with just 20 points and no synergies, with a javelin on switch you can use it with any build. One of those skills like Death Sentry that are just so brainless OP that every build should have them. For bosses you have charged strike. Burizon is tons of fun too.
Pally is obviously best for ubers. Conviction aura to counter Mephisto's, smite that always hits and dracul for leeching.
However the real answer to the question is classic 1.0 war pike WW baba. Once you try it, post-nerf WW feels like a fucking joke.

dual lacerator throw baba is godly, literally only problem is that you run out of ammo so fast

Fireclaw is basically the melee version of Mono-Lightning

if fucking destroys.

It's weird too, since the entire game is riding on pure nostalgia factor, taking you to old locations and fighting old enemies.
They couldn't even shit on its legacy right.

player1 every class can shitstomp pvm if u have correct build and good items, some classes are better than others untwinked but in general if you know what you are doing pvm is a JOKE
>Druid: The worst class in the game.
wind druid is one of the best pvp classes in game with added bonus its also a hard counter to hammerdins aka the most common pubstomp class in game

/thread

I had an almost perfectly-equipped summonmancer once upon a time. He was fun, even if the lightning will-o-wisps in act 4 were an immediate death sentence. Having an enormous horde of skeletons was a hoot, though I could rarely get up a full complement of revived units, as they tended to time out before I could find enough corpses and get to use them for anything.

>D2 thread
Fuck yes
I'm finna make a shapeshift druid because of what a few anons said here. Can I go werewolf for abusing ribcracker or a maul, or is bear the good one? I don't care pvp but I am interested in that rabies shit. Gimme the deets bros.
Pic related, I have this shirt

Attached: 0002804623_10.jpg (942x1200, 378K)

And you forgot Terror, the best CC skill in the game. It's literal crowd control, and does wonders in Hell. Necromancer is a pretty dynamic class, not in combat, but in switching skills accordingly all the time. Summoning necro is the only build in the entire game that uses every quick skill slot, and uses at least 6 or 7 all the time

Did the wisps get nerfed at some point? I do an annual replay of Diablo and I've never had any trouble with them.

Necro is the best class because you don't have to autistically grind areas for loot. You can just play the game to the end.

stupid blizzard, remakes WoW but wont remake Diablo 2 LOD :(

>baba
>dudu
>soso

Attached: 1559658329231.gif (249x199, 1.93M)

>what is the best Diablo2 class?

zealot

Attached: zealdin.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

>that filename

Why would you want the gorgeous 2d art replaced by shitty 3d art?