Smash Ultimate Hate Thread

This game fucking sucks competitively.
>lol git gud
I am "gud." I routinely beat many people at my locals.
How can I be good and think it sucks competitively? well here is your answer: it's fucking boring.
It is boring to jump around shitting out safe aerials, or jumping over projectiles just so you can shit out more safe aerials and string it into a braindead combo. I get reads, and they are 50% of the time just a gamble that pays off and the other 50% an actual read based on th psychology of the match.
Your opponent does the same thing., endlessly shitting out safe aerials. It's fucking lame, monotonous, and not interesting. The "mindgames" are second grade level rock paper scissors shit. Fuck this game and fuck you. It's boring. I'm quitting the competitive scene because being safe (winning) isnt fun, I prefer to take risks, and that simply is not a viable strategy. Playing like a pussy is how you get good. remember that. never approach unless there is an opening (I.E your opponent approached) and always shit out safe aerials. and remember your combos. There you can now beat MK Leo if you put in the effort.

Attached: smUsh.jpg (299x168, 12K)

I can see your point but i havent played long enough to see things that way yet

I swear to FUCKING GOD this game does nothing but eat inputs, i never had this problem with smash 4, brawl or melee. Smash attack? Nah you didnt press shit, oh you wanted to do a tilt? Nah im pretty sure you didnt press anything

Fuck this shit game, it also unironically has online as bad as Slap City's

>There you can now beat MK Leo if you put in the effort.
Alright then. Do it.

I did, My name is kameme

>I have a problem nobody else has, must be the game
Are you doing those with the c stick on landing? That's really the only way your inputs can get eaten

I think the idea behind making shield worse was to incentivize parries. That said, +3 frame advantage isn't really enough to justify going for them

>I am "gud." I routinely beat many people at my locals.
Cool lies, champ.

>How can I be good and think it sucks competitively? well here is your answer: it's fucking boring.
>It is boring to jump around shitting out safe aerials, or jumping over projectiles just so you can shit out more safe aerials and string it into a braindead combo. I get reads, and they are 50% of the time just a gamble that pays off and the other 50% an actual read based on th psychology of the match.
>Your opponent does the same thing., endlessly shitting out safe aerials. It's fucking lame, monotonous, and not interesting. The "mindgames" are second grade level rock paper scissors shit.
Wait, are you describing Melee here?

>I am "gud." I routinely beat many people at my locals

that's not saying much

Sorry I bopped you online, bro. Just practice and get better. Stop being so defensive and apply pressure.

Now beat Brood

I agree completely with this. Unironically. You have my support, user.

Problem is that everything in Ultimate is based around short jumps. There's little to no ground game.

Put on items, get a few beers and invite some friends. There ya go, its fun

Impossible. Plant is OP, it should be banned.

>apply pressure.
oh, you mean shit out safe moves like I literally fucking said. eat my chode, fag. fight me
ID: 9J4TC
PW: 1235

Why do they put recoveries like Mac's and Doc's in a game where +60 other characters can recover from the depths of hell back onto stage

Attached: 1566806220123.png (312x312, 63K)

I main Ridley but struggle a lot against higher tier characters. What character would be the easiest to transition that is also high tier? IE that they play kinda similar to Ridley?

Attached: e9d7423891fee73b0ac3359df89b10b07ca58679_s2_n1.jpg (480x996, 82K)

Attached: 5ac012f939b31.png (953x1282, 922K)

This. I felt a huge difference from the last smash immediately when this one came out, but I got used to it to a degree, but when you’re fighting an opponent whose just spamming, and lag is rampant, and inputs don’t even get registered half the time, you just start throwing out whatever gets the job done. If this game felt like the past few input wise, it would clearly be the best yet, and it is but fuck the guy who worked on that part of the game, he dropped the ball.

Sakurai and his team are too stupid to realize giving every DLC endless recovery makes everyone the same, it limits the design.
Nintendo should've hired someone competent at developing fighting games long ago.

>That said, +3 frame advantage isn't really enough to justify going for them
It really isn't, there are some other factors at play, like disjointed hitboxes and projectiles, but it's ridiculous how some attacks get to be safe even on a parry, that's how you get people buffering spot dodge on every single punishable thing they throw out

Honestly I still think the game has a pathetic amount of original content even with the DLC. Only 4 fucking new stages in the base game is inexcusable. If they weren't going to add new ones they should have added more old ones. What the fuck was wrong with half the Wii U stages that didn't make it back. And the amount of things to do in the game outside of normal Smash is embarrassing. But rosterfags get to shitfling constantly about forgone conclusions they have zero control over because muh ballot.

Why do sword characters get the privilege of having a better offstage game and recovery than characters who can literally fly such as Ridley, Charizard, and the Pits?

probably because when those characters could actually fly in Brawl, you could run down the clock flying around under the stage.
I don't agree with it, but that's probably the rationale; just look at Melee Jiggs too for a less extreme and practical example.

Because most of them are FE characters and the japs fucking love them. This should have been obvious to you since Melee.

>FE characters
>good recovery
Good one