Mario turns into a turn based RPG

>Mario turns into a turn based RPG
>no one minds
>Mega Man X turns into a turn based RPG
>no one minds
>Yakuza turns into a turn based RPG
>WTF IS THIS THE WORST THING EVER DURR FUCK U SEGA IM A STUPID MANCHILD

Attached: 1387069937647.png (694x694, 562K)

the mario and megaman RPG games are spin offs though

Don't use Sakura to create bait threads you faggot.

Mario RPGs are the only turn based RPGs worth playing.

You have to understand, there have been like 14 Yakuza games, all with the same combat, with the exact same 3 blocks of a city to navigate for 20 years.

>Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi treat themselves as standalone series and don't call themselves the next big mario
>Megaman X Command Mission is treated as a spinoff taking place in an alternate universe where the changes that led to Zero never happened
>New Yakuza calls itself Yakuza 7, as if it takes place after 6, as if it calls itself a sequel to 6, as it's calling itself the next mainline Yakuza, and be the new game play style going forward especially with kiryu not being the protagonist anymore
Yakuza 7 is going from a character action game to a JRPG. From a game that you have to be on the edge, be ready for anything, where it's essential for the game to run as good as it can and to avoid input delay. To a game that you can play at your leisure where shit like input lag and bad framerates are perfectly fine since they don't require much asides from picking the right command but feel less involved in comparison

Attached: 1504097379098.gif (500x281, 1.05M)

This whole event just showed how many zoomers play Yakuza. They hate turn based with a passion. I'm willing to play the new one, but I'm cool with it if they revert back to the old combat too. I'll have fun either way

>where it's essential for the game to run as good as it can and to avoid input delay.
You have never played any Yakuza games

This.

Command Mission was fucking garbage fuck you

No one liked Command Mission.

then don't play
easy as that

Mario RPGs and Command Mission are both spinoffs. This situation is the equivalent of calling Dead Souls "Yakuza 5" or picture related. No one would bat an eye if something like Judgment was turned to the turn-based system because it's not only a spinoff but it also features new characters and is completely separate from the mainline games. It makes no sense why they would opt to make the spinoff use the regular combat and make the mainline experiment. There's no sense to it.

Attached: Yakuza 7.png (479x673, 680K)

I like it because JRPGs are always either fantasy or sci-fi/modern with a lot of fantasy elements like magic or monsters or whatever. This is a JRPG where it’s literally some middle aged dudes and ladies beating the shit out of each other in the streets. I think it’ll be pretty damn cool.

>Lists two spinoffs
The more app comparison is Dawn of War 3.

Attached: warhammer-4k-dawn-of-war-iii.jpg (1920x1080, 551K)

Decent argument, even when Mario RPGs and Command Mission are spin-offs. The problem is that we're talking about Sega, the masters of pulling shit to make fans mad, not even Capcom or Square Enix is able to pull the shit 180°s turns that Sega does.

This, she is cute and wholesome don't do this please.

>LOOK AT ME, I MADE THE THREAD AGAIN
Fuck off.

Shes a slut

A cute and wholesome slut to be specific

Attached: uwu.jpg (500x500, 30K)

X turned into a rpg once like halfway through the ps2 era and coincidentally it was also one of the last X games ever made.

Speaking of pic related, I wouldn't mind a turn-based RPG using Street Fighter Characters. Make it a Suikoden style where you can collect as many fighters/party members as you want, and also have stuff like parries/dodges like Mario&Luigi/Blue Omen Operation.

Attached: 1496547526529.jpg (1022x318, 133K)

I'm surprised this didn't already happen in the 90's

>This whole event just showed how many zoomers play Yakuza. They hate turn based with a passion.
I don't play Yakuza for its turn based combat. I want to punch and smash people in real time with bikes. If I wanted to play turn based games then I would play the 50 other jrpg's I have installed on my pc.

even better, a street fighter beat'em up