>Vanquish
>Anarchy Reigns
>Metal Gear Rising
>The Wonderful 101
>Transformers: Devastation
>Near A Tomato
>now Astral Chain
Seriously, what went right?

Attached: E6C4A446-671D-45B5-81DC-A57905858A9F.jpg (900x900, 23K)

talented developers with enough money to develop interesting passion projects but not so much money that they have turbojew investors who expect quadruple profits on every game

>Vanquish
>Anarchy Reigns
>Metal Gear Rising
>The Wonderful 101
>Near A Tomato
there, removed all the shovelware for you.

>Bayonetta is considered shovelware

Attached: 1566517959980.jpg (1660x1124, 393K)

>Bayonetta is shovelware
Can it get any more contrarian than this?

More like what went wrong after W101. Their games suck ass now.

Only games that have aged well were bayonetta, MGR (largely due to being the last good Metal Gear game), and that's it.

The rest is B-tier flavor of the month shit

Thank you :) BLOCKED talented developers with enough money to develop interesting

He's a butthurt sonygroid, just ignore it.

Kamiya got severely depressed because his magnus opus flopped hard, he is the heart of platinum

>wonderful 101 (wii u exclusive) is included
>bayonetta (multiplat) is not
>SNOYYYYY!!! SNOY!!! SNOY!!!
nintrannies are truly retarded.

>No madworld on switch
please

Bayonetta isn't much better than DMC2 folks, I gotta be real here.
I've heard Bayo 2 is a lot better but I have yet to try that.

MGR:R is Plat's best, but it requires a large brain to fully appreciate. Transformers: Devastation and Legend of Korra both had nice aspects to their gameplay but the overall games didn't catch me like I'd like.

did you not play Nier A

stop enjoying things

Automata is trash. The combat is some of Platinum's worst, and I didn't give a shit about the story or world or characters.

>Bayonetta isn't much better than DMC2 folks, I gotta be real here.

Attached: 1558777999253.png (665x469, 4K)

Nice retort, virgin.

DMCfags are fucking insane.

>three hours long first playthrough
>shallow combat with little variety
>mash one button/attack over and over
>parry the slow moving obviously telegraphed attack
>press X to awesome
>difficulty doesn't change anything except making you die in one hit and enemies have a load of health
Yeah what went ""right""

Attached: 1563149908586.png (400x400, 175K)

>I've heard Bayo 2 is a lot better but I have yet to try that.
It's not. It's the same shit. Bayonetta is so fucking overrated. It's the COD of beat 'em ups. A simple accessible button masher that is only so loved because it's so fucking easy, has excessive flashy animations and incels love tits. Platinum games are often guilty of being style over substance but Bayonetta holds the crown for that.

>Anarchy Rising and MGR in
>Bayonetta and Transformers arent
Do you even know what shovelware is?

why are dmc fans so fucking mentally unstable lmao

It's always funny to see people saying this when Bayonetta has more oppressive enemies than DMC. Other than that, they're both virtually the same and offer the same handholding should the player choose to use automatic mode.

DMC2 is hot shit and Bayo 1 and 2 are equally great, fuck off.

>Bayo 1 and 2 are equally great
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Bayo2 was a huge step down from the first game.

They're the bronies of action games and everyone in their discords and facebook groups always tells them what they want to hear. If DmC never happened, they wouldn't be so deranged with their circlejerking, but the long wait for DMC5 allowed the worst aspects to fester.

This. I only played the first one and I don't even remember it at all, I just went through all areas button smashing with the same combos, and getting into the final part of the game without knowing wtf was going on because the history was dogshit

if bayonetta starred dante you would be sucking it off as fervently as possible

I personally wasn't comparing Bayonetta to DMC but, since you bring it up, I have no problem saying DMC1 is nowhere near as accessible a game as Bayonetta. DMC1 punishes ineptitude. Bayonetta rewards it with an animation no less extravagant than what you get when you aren't incompetent and dead enemies just the same, not a dead player as it should be.

Honestly the only thing I disliked about Bayo 2 is the clunky mech part, other than that I enjoyed both games very much.

There's nothing else to compare it to because DMC1 set the trend all action games afterwards followed, but have you tried not being an absolute fucking casual and playing it on NSIC? Because normal DMC1 is much easier than normal Bayonetta 1.

Astral Chain is literally shovel ware and only liked because it's on switch. No one would touch it otherwise

This. Truly a fpbp

That's like saying Vanquish is shovelware and no one would care if it ever was ported to PC. Oh wait...

>Because normal DMC1 is much easier than normal Bayonetta 1.
No, I strongly disagree with this. I wouldn't say DMC1 is an excessively difficult game but Bayonetta is the world's easiest game. There's only one part people ever found difficult and that's only because the rest of the game is such a fucking cakewalk that they were unprepared for a moment when button mashing suddenly doesn't work for five minutes. The game's progression should not be piss easy -> piss easy -> piss easy -> piss easy -> slight challenge -> piss easy -> piss easy and that is not DMC1's progression at all.

Screw Vanquish. Never have a played a third person shooter with more boring levels and insulting storytelling. It made Gears of War look like a work of art.

No, it's like saying Octopath Travelware is shit RPG Maker shovelware that no one would care about if it wasn't exclusive to switch (while it was being projected as GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY when exclusive). And that's exactly what happened when it was no longer exclusive. The game has no effort put into it.

are you fucking joking?

hey buddy, vanquish isnt meant to be a super serious game, replay it but think of it as light-hearted, you wont sound retarded next time you talk about it

They don't give a single fuck and make whatever

It's obvious you never played it if you think you can go through the levels only by mashing buttons.

Obvious retards falling for the obvious bait, the dude isn't even a dmcfag

Yeah nobody would discuss or care about Platinum's first new ip in 6 years if it were on PS4.

It's easy when you play on casual and automatic, yes.

P* is a passion project. They are doing a lot of these because they love to. Unfortunately it doesn't always pay the bills.