Switch owners: what made you take the plunge? First party content? Portability?

Switch owners: what made you take the plunge? First party content? Portability?

Thinking about getting one, just not sure if I wanna take the leap.

Attached: DE90CE46-6CB1-4B9C-B74F-BC118954AC41.jpg (488x488, 20K)

First party content. I'm not above bing bing wahoo karting with some friends

I was a retard and bought way too early into it. I'm not the biggest fan of nintendo IPs, I like zelda, pikmin, donkey kong and metroid. Some others I don't mind, but some just aren't for me. I bought the switch at the end of it's launch year because I was interested in playing botw and smo, I gave XBC2 a shot but that game just isn't for me. I had hopes for the future with SMTV, Bayo 3 and the new metroid being announced, but those got pushed back. The new pikmin game that reggie talked about was also not for switch which disappointed me again. I'll probably eventually be happy with my purchase, but I fell for the hype.

based wholesome user, the switch is a smash hit with my local college stoners.

yeah this, the only reason to get a Nintendo system now are the first party exclusives and occasional third party ones like EO and the 3ds MH games, everything else is done better elsewhere

The first party content, but portability was useful at the time as well.

Got it launch day with Zelda. I hated the WiiU so I was happy to just move onto the next thing they were doing. I love it. Other than taking it on flights it doesn’t leave my house.

3DS was on death's door and I decided to trade up. I didn't regret it.

been playing Nintendo shit all my life, not stopping anytime soon. Was going to get one eventually anyway since SMTV was announced for it on the reveal conference.

Splatoon 2 and friend who owned a store that sold them offered me a Launch Switch for $130 as a Birthday Present when trying to find a R/B one meant going to a scalper.

Attached: Splat_Switch.png (1639x981, 1.29M)

portability was a selling point sure, but it's the first party content. Being the only console maker that actually makes their own games inhouse, You're guaranteed a few solid titles no matter what nintendo console you get.

I got it on the first major ebay sale (one of those generic 25% off everything shits) right after it was announced that it would be hackable forever with the old units. I got it to be a forever portable machine and for mario odyssey. Odyssey was pure joy that you will not be able to fully experience on an emulator because half of it is built into the joycons. I didn't really have any particular interest in BotW and I didnt care for it when I tried it on WiiU, but then I found myself with 165 hours on it on switch on just my main profile (of course I have an alt profile, silly). Literally my main gaming machine and I have a beefy as fuck desktop, laptop, ps4pro (also exclusives), vita, etc.
After seeing another dude in the office in a break room with his switch, I took it to work exactly once to play in the break room on downtime between a couple long ass meetings I knew I would be having that day. Cringed at myself and never brought it in public ever again outside of flights. I freely use it in airports and on flights, though - absolutely no shame there.
I literally take it with me every time I take a shit. Will hold the shit in for a little bit longer if I realize I forgot it. Bring it to bed with me, play a small game of tetris 99 before I go to sleep. Fucking amazing shit.

Hackability and portability.

Odyssey was the killer app that made me do it.
I'm a sucker for the cartridges over Blu-Rays.
Nintendo's history of never making handheld failures.
The avalanche of GOOD ports and indie titles it gets alongside its decent to excellent first party.
The fact that it only does everything once it's hacked. Playing HD N64 games on this thing is the tits.

This, it's my couch co-op machine. A few times a month I have a bunch of people over and we play Mario Kart, Smash, etc. I love it.

I have fuck you money and I wanted Odyssey. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Just get a Wii U or download CEMU

Unfortunately I bought it for Metroid, which might never come out, so it just remains a port machine. I dislike every single first party game on the system, so it sees less use than my dusty old ps4. It's a pity, because I expected it to differentiate itself from the other consoles.

Attached: man vs computer.gif (300x240, 892K)

I do a lot of field trips and stay in hotels pretty often because of my job, so I've always been into the portable consoles. Now that a lot of home console games that I missed are being ported, on top of Nintendo's top rate first party, the Switch was practically made for me.

>Bring it to bed with me, play a small game of tetris 99 before I go to sleep
Same but with Mario Maker 2, I'll play a handful of new popular levels before lights out. It's great.

Drug mule?

I got a Wii U for Splatoon
I got a Switch for Splatoon 2

Those made me take the plunge. I'm definitely playing the shit outta of my Switch though. I play any chance I get a little free time.

Attached: 2019082914282200-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

I like nintendo IPs, I am a weeb so I like their anime games, I loved breath of the wild, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, I love Fire emblem three houses and astral chain, I also didn't have a wii U so I bought Bayonetta 2, it has great exclusives as simple as that and the portability and third party games are just a big plus.

Bayo 3, something about SMT5, Astral Chain, EO switch or something

Literally bought it when Monster Hunter XX was announced with no western release date in sight.

Wait, old switches have functional online even hacked? I call bullshit

not wanting to miss out on the nintendo games that i like. of course, nintendo then decided to spend the entire console's lifespan so far shitting out nothing but wii u ports and cardboard.

I've always liked handhelds more than consoles (PC + handheld usually works fine for me), good exclusives (especially first-party) & indies and reasonable third party ports and future looks pretty good. I've never bought a console within its first year before but the Switch broke that rule (I'll also never buy a console with only one or two games I'm interested in but the Switch had enough games for me at time of purchase)

Just a field technician.

Maybe hold on a little until next year? There's a high chance they're releasing the "Pro" model to not get completely crushed by the new gen tech race.

I have Dragons Dogma portable and the most content heavy Monster Hunter. I am so fucking good bro

I'm homeless ( not moneyless ) and living on the road. So this fat piece of shit with drifting joycons was my only option for modern vidya.

I hate it. I really do hate this console I don't know why I didn't bought a laptop instead. The games are overpriced, the online is awful, I'm forced to carry 4 power bank with it, and like I said the joycons are drifting after 4 months.

Fuck nintendo.

Eventual Animal Crossing with my girlfriend.

And I liked botw so much, even after finishing it on Wii U that I did it again on the switch.

You don't run the hacked part online retard.

Knew I wanted to play very specific games on it. I own a PS4, Xbox One and a high end PC. I don't use my Xbox One anymore aside for backwards compatibility and probably won't buy a Xbox console again with everything including Gears and Halo for example coming to PC even specifically, Steam. Leaving PS4 as my main console so I can own physical copies of games and take advantage of the very small exclusives I care about and my high-end PC for things easier to get on PC or shit I care about better performance on in some areas. The Switch I wouldn't get multiplat stuff in most cases especially since if I could get higher quality on PS4 if I care to own it physically. I got one last christmas as a gift as I felt things were coming I really wanted. Currently have Smash, Katamari, Fire Emblem 3 Houses and Xenoblade chronicles 2 and 3 Houses might be my GOTY. To put into perspective games coming out or already out I plan to buy are Astral chain, DQXIS, Langrisser I&II, Xeno 2 torna, TWEWY final remix, Bayo 1&2, SMT V, Digimon survive, and NMH3. All of which are either switch only, ports with switch specific additions and upgrades or aren't graphically intense that playing on Switch is probably better like with Langrisser's SRPG combat and very minimal graphics. Skipped on Wii U because had no desire to play anything, but Switch seems like one of my favorite consoles in a while for what it has. Really wish they would add virtual console.

Should I get Dragon Quest Builders 2 on Switch? Or PS4 base model. Are there any performance differences ?

I don't want one with F-Zero or Metroid Prime 4.

It also has God Eater 3 and I am sure Bamco will port Code Vein, anyway I didn't buy the switch for third party games, but it is good to know they are there for you to get them in portable, I wish we could get the last collection of .hack//u games instead of the sword art online ones

How was the second playthrough? I loved the shit out of my first run (130 hours) but now I've explored every inch of the map and feel like there's nothing more to do.

Honestly, don't waste your money. The drifting issue ruins the experience entirely.

Compared to the other consoles, the games and gimmicks were different enough from my PC to warrant getting it.

Attached: _0.gif (730x730, 497K)

Just buy another pair of joycons every 3 months, what are you, poor?

It's only 80$ and nintendo needs money.

>underpowered
>gimmick
>supposedly a handheld but too large and performs better docked
>dock scratches screen
>cheap, flimsy joycons
>library consisting of rehashes, shovelware, the worst versions of multiplats and kiddie games.
>insufferable, delusional community
>manchildren love it
>system of choice for trannies and the morbidly obese.
>smash tournaments known for being comprised of people with no concept of personal hygiene
>an embarrassment to be seen playing in public
>horrible online, overpriced.
>console is overpriced, very low value in general
>often referred to as several derogatory names, some examples include “cucktendo shitch” or just “shitch”, “Fischer price tablet” or more rarely the “NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
I could go on but I think we’ve all seen enough to agree that owning a Nintendo Switch is undesirable.

Breath of the Wild.

>just buy more overpriced chinese garbage

yeah no thanks

yeah but you sound like a fag who's really fun at parties

>First party content? Portability?
Yep. These two things. Playing Nintendo games in bed is peak comfy.

Based and fun at parties

Day 1 buy. I don’t think a day goes by without me playing something. Huge fan of pretty much all of Nintendo’s first party content, and have been pleasantly surprised by a lot on indie titles. Portability is my core opportunity to put hours into games and has given me a lot of time to play long rpgs I couldn’t invest couch time with.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a potential Persona 5 Port.

cfw

Enjoy Scramble port fag

Good games.
Odyssey was a blast, while not as good as it was hyped up to be Zelda was breathtaking. Also party game
Also cause hardcore smash player here

When omega labyrinth life was announced. Also I like my vita and switch us a nice follow up to it, playing the same kind of games that I played there, mostly in handheld mode

Has anyone tried putting the battery of the New Nintendo Switch into the old Switch? I wanna see the results.

Hackable switches are becoming more and more scarce and I happened to find a bundle at my local Sams Club that was in the safe serial number range.
It came with Just Dance 4 which I still have sealed.

Attached: 1524848224908.jpg (251x242, 14K)

It makes mustard gas

I am playing smash and SMM2 every day, good thing to take it with you, like waiting for a huge hospital line.

What's the price for a hackable switch? Is it going up?
t. user owning a hackable unit

i got one for pokemon, but the rest of the library is disappointing.

Portability. I only play on PC and handhelds

First party games. I'm getting a bit older, and most games are blending together. I'm done with al this openworld garbage which take 50 hours to beat, where only 1/5th of the hours played is quality content. Most switch exclusives are so different then most games, it refreshed my love for games. It's also fun to see my non-gamer wife loving games for a change. Playing Fire emblem until late in the night whilst I'm sleeping. Good times

The battery isn't different, the new chipset is more efficient so the battery lasts longer

I have no idea. I just don't like buying second hand shit hacked by someone else so I was kind of on the lookout for a hackable unit.
I was waiting in sams club for my mum because she has the membership and I need it to buy my tendies so I just went through all the switches and checked the serial numbers.
After begging her the entire time we were at the store she bought it for me

Attached: 1524457036633.gif (840x488, 511K)

Ah, goddamnit. I was planning in getting one of the new batteries and installing it on my old model. Since i haven't seen anyone talk about it i assumed something was up. Thanks for answering.

I have one and it's pretty shit. Even the first party selection is garbage.

I wanted to get one ever since Shin Megami Tensei V was announced, but the release of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist - Link Evolution is what made me to decide to get it a few weeks ago along with Pokemon Sword/Shield coming up.

> Bought a fucking switch for the worst fucking yu gi oh game in existence
God damn you got memed on HARD

Attached: 1530216484323.gif (332x311, 1.43M)

This post is a joke, right? Haha, you got me. You're funny.
haha

Attached: IMG_2083.jpg (1400x1400, 140K)

this. Mario is 6/10 at best. Zelda is okay, but more far cry than what zelda should be. Rest of it is wii u clones and ports of games everyone played 4 years ago.

No I'm serious, I don't give a fuck about Zelda, oddessey was disappointing, most of the library are ports.
Pokemon was the only reason I got a switch.

waiting for all 3D Zeldas to be ported before I buy teehee

Attached: 1564650152920.jpg (1024x990, 128K)

I had a Vita and all those niche Japanese devs have since jumped ship over to Switch so just on that basis I'm covered. It also helps that Switch is pretty much a Vita 2.0 but they did mostly everything right in comparison to the thing.
I'm not a huge fan of most Nintendo first party games but those are much better than the nothing Vita got after its second year so it's a plus on that side too.

I mostly bought it for first party Nintendo stuff, but what really sealed the deal was that Travis was making a comeback. Very pleased with TSA and hyped for NMHIII

TSA is ass

This, although Sony has good IPs they never use them, everything is a Darksouls clone or a The Last of Us clone, even God of War, consoles need variety in genres of games, not the same "hyper realistic action game No.394", I liked Spiderman a lot tho, but because there are not a lot of games like the Batman Arkham ones, and I love that type of games.

The 2017 announcement that mainline Pokemon was finally coming to console. Then I felt like a sucker until XB2 came out. Then I felt like a sucker for most of 2018, MHGU was nice to play on console though. Then I felt like a sucker for most of this year until I finally installed CFW now that there's something resembling ban safety without too much tediousness involved. For once I'm glad I ended up being an early adopter, CFW is blessed as always.

Attached: 1565726392198.jpg (589x589, 32K)

Breath of the wild, and I wasn't disappointed.
Why do all you faggots feel the need to be a contrarian?

you post this on every thread

TSA is good because of the story and fan service, I see the side scrolling action more as a plus, the game has a very visual novel vibe to it, it even has a visual novel part

First party and the ability to go portable.

Portability and local co-op options are a double slam dunk for me. I've owned every Nintendo and Sony handheld and as much as I hate what happened with the Vita, I'm happy enough to have all my games in one place and not need my friends to own devices if I want to play with them.

YGOPRO Percy Links still doesn't support A.I. duels, and the PC release of Legacy of the Duelist was what got me back into YGO after 12 years. I've been having a lot of fun with this one, too.

Is there a YGO game where I can play with the actual fucking rules against different AI like the tag force and world championship games on handhelds?

I want to play animal crossing and rune factory

How can you enjoy a game that took literally ALL the quality of life improvements over the last two decades of yu gi oh games and threw them out the fucking window?
The only good thing about that game is the fact that it's the only official game with the links mechanic but everything else about it fucking SUCKS

Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey.

He just said he's been out for over a decade, you fucking moron

its nice for indie games and ports
i enjoy being able to play on the go

I got it for Zelda and Pokemon. Being able to play a bunch of Sonic games and RPGs was a plus.

Online test stuff for splatoon 2 and Arms.

The most Modern System I owned before that was a PS3, so it was a good enough time to upgrade.

brand loyalty

The fact Sony's PlayStation division is no longer a Japanese company. I bought a PS4 in 2017 because it was where all the weebshit went, but in late 2018 I realized the Switch was going to take over while Sony shoots themselves in both feet before falling face first into a fire.

I bought a switch like four months ago for Breath of the Wild, Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina. I've been happy about Breath of the Wild and Astral Chain, hoping Daemon x Machina delivers so that I can get 3/3

>inb4 astral chain shitposting

Attached: AKIRA_AND_2B.png (617x875, 230K)

Based galaxy brain idort.

I really wanted Breath of the Wild and I hated the WiiU gamepad with a burning passion.

I hopped over for Xenoblade and Mario Maker 2, then Astral Chain, FE3H and Daemon Ex Machina happened.
I have BotW from the initial purchase but it didn't click with me. My only wishes are easier ways to share screenshots and something like a pro version - I'm not that much of a graphics snob but the jaggies are insane in some places.

I knew someone who was selling their hackable switch for cheap so I went for it.

Once you accept the fact the Switch is a handheld with TV-out you stop caring about the graphics. 3DS (and DS) was a shitshow but that didn't stop anyone from enjoying its games.

Receiving one as a gift is what did it for me.

Exclusives and so far it ain't worth it. Botw is garbage, Mario Odyssey is ok, Bayo 1 is amazing, Bayo 2 is boring, Xenoblade 2 is pretty good, Smash is trash, and I'm absolutely adoring collection of Mana but those are decades old games. And I'm never picking up the garbage shit like Kirby, yoshi, or the countless shitty Mario games that aren't collectathons.

It's $300 what fucking leap are you talking about. Stop worrying about games and fix your life if you can't spend that much freely.

A console without games is literal trash.

It was portable and hackable

Great investment
I got back into modern gaming because of this bad boy, thank you mister Iwata very cool.

Haven't had a Nintendo console since the N64. Felt like it was time to play some again after a while. So far BOTW, Smash and SMM2 makes it worth the purchase.

I use it to play smash with friends online and I steal kids money at my locals in smash for free money

Getting a laptop convinced me.

The loose power cord on a console being the only thing keeping you from losing all your progress on your game or whatever. Hell of a thing not to worry about that anymore.
Not to mention the Last 5 E3s were nothing but disappointments as far as next gen went. Hard to care about raw power when none of the Devs seem to either.

That's why Switch is great. Playing a game on your TV and the power goes out and you pull it off the dock and keep playing. Like a built-in UPS for the console.

He's not wrong

Honestly though I feel sorry for Sony cucks, theIR platform has NOTHING except Bloodborne and some movies like God of Bore, Unfarted and Boreizon. All the same western boring crap with realistic graphical styles meanwhile us Switch chads have actual GAMES with actual variety like Mario Odyssey. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Brothers, Mario Maker, Mario and Rabbids, Mario Tennis, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Super Smash Bros. Meanwhile Sony cucks are looking forward to YET ANOTHER Last of Us game and some Assassins Creed rip off, Ghost of something. It doesn't even matter, it blends into the pile of realistic graphical styled games that no real gamers will ever care about.

Price dropped under $50