Should I buy this thing or the pro controller...

Should I buy this thing or the pro controller? My joycons started drifting and it's only getting worse no matter how much I clean them, the drifting is always coming back.

I don't even play smash Bros, I just think it looks neat and I'm really curious about playing Splatoon using a GameCube controller.

Attached: 1507452-01_NSW_GC-WL_Purple_2_ANRV_P_Gallery.jpg (420x336, 16K)

Normally those third party controllers don't include gyro or rumble so it depends if you can deal with that.
Also hopefully it works on PC as a Xbox controller as well so it doubles as that too.

What, I thought nintendo was making those?

I'd reccomend it but just know that the triggers aren't analog which can be a bit annoying in situations where you need to press it quickly

Yeah, but it breaks down within 4~ months if you use it regularly. But for $40, might as well buy two. They’re better than $80 joycons, in my opinion.

Buy a Mayflash controller converter. Goes for 19-25$.
You can use any other controller you have on the switch. I use my PC controller and PS4 controller.

they are, he is talking out of his ass

the controllers are made by powera but licensed by nintendo

>but it breaks down within 4~ months

What the flying fuck, is there a single controller on this piece of shit console able to survive the trial of time? What about the pro-controller?

It's top garbage, the analog stick starts sticking to inputs a few months in.

Extremely durable actually. I’ve had mine for about 3 years now since the launch of the switch and it works fine. I just prefer the look, feel, and weight of the wireless GameCube, but if you’re looking for pure efficiency, the pro is the way to go.

I bought one of the dumb no-gyro no-battery pro controllers and its stick is already a little broken, it drifts down.

Guess I'm gonna go for a converter then, seeing how my joycons started fucking things up even though I never did anything serious with them I'm finding it hard to believe the stories of people like

who's talking about how durable Nintendo's material is.

I started playing games in 93 and never had an official controller breaking so easily for no reason.

No they’re only licensed as an official branded product. Get the Pro Controller

The Nintendo made pro controllers are great. Also, send your joy con into Nintendo if they’re having problems - they’re fixing them

Isn't this only happening in America for free because shitendo is afraid of the big ass class action coming to them? I don't live in burgerland.

It's decent, especially for the price. Doesn't have rumble. The faux-analog triggers are kinda pointless, I've been wondering if I should just remove the springs. For me the stick often starts drifting very slightly to the right, which is a bit annoying with Hyrule Warriors, but usually re-pairing it quickly fixes that. Mostly.

Other than that, the improvements they made to the buttons, triggers and the layout make me wish the original GC controller was built like it too.

yep. US only.

pro honestly.

pro's sticks can also start to drift out of nowhere, its the most overpriced piece of crap i own
id just stick to the gc controller

I've got this and the pro controller. Playing splatoon with that one sucks because the triggers are terrible. If I'm using a weapon where I have to press the triggers a lot like the inkbrush my finger starts to cramp. So I wouldn't recommend it for splatoon. Otherwise its my preferred controller for most 3D platformers and action games.

This shit is a beast of a controller. No nfc, but who cares.

Attached: B3F5B15E-100C-4348-B5A0-56CEDAAEFB91.jpg (1500x1500, 109K)

>can't wake the Switch from sleep
Fuck 8bitdo for still not being able to put in such a basic fucking function. Even the controller OP posted can do it.

>batteries
It's 2019 for fuck sake, we should be beyond this kind of bullshit by now.

Attached: image.jpg (500x373, 52K)

They're 3rd party and the joystick box reportedly wears quickly.

you can get the wired one which is like half the price

Would it be worth it to buy an adapter and connect my xbox one controller to my switch