They listened

>they listened
basedthesda

Attached: 031BD8BA-3AA9-4C00-A823-2F9223255F1C.jpg (1277x883, 978K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xo3gnmvh5XQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill yourself T*dd

Been playing Doom 1 on the toilet one level a day since they removed the DRM. What the fuck is with the drop in level design from Knee Deep in the Dead to The Shores of Hell? All kinds of crappy maze-shit with backtracking and weird blue tunnels.

John Romero did most of Episode 1.Also He developed the mapping tools, the other mappers joined id way late in development and it shows.

>can't even match original
just use a fucking sourceport and you can literally have the original lights and audio

just use gzdoom you Toddsucker.

Just wait until you play Doom 2, where they just plain stop giving a shit.

how do I do it on a Switch?

It'd have to be downgraded for the Switch to be able to run it.

Or they could just release THE ACTUAL GAMES instead of Chinese Unity knockoffs.
Do that and take away Doom 3's attached flashlight and I'd buy all fucking 3. But I know they won't do any of that.

>that one level with the SpiderDemon Mastermind just chilling on a platform
>you can instakill him with a switch that's awkwardly hidden on a wall
>only find out about that switch after killing the motherfucker the normal way
why even include something like that? maybe if it was a secret it'd be cool, but its what the level designers expected you to do. nobody's gunna find that switch (since they'd be focused on the spiderdemon) nor would they think to flip it the first time they play that level (since its in the open and the fucking spiderdemon is spamming his explosive autocannon at you).

it seems like the weird ass level design was intentional, they probably assumed a good chunk of their playerbase had already become Doom experts and figured "Okay let's fuck with them"

>Chinese Unity knockoffs.
literally the only thing that's made in Unity are the custom credits for the devs that ported the game
it's literally the same game, all the same glitches and sequence breaks are there

Congrats, you're fixing problems that shouldn't have fucking been there at all.

Attached: tf2Soldierno.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

>Same game
>Making patches to make it match the original

>performance improvments

my refrigerator can run doom at 60fps

Isn't doom freeware?

I bought deltaTouch on Android instead and then ILLEGALLY downloaded doom 1 and 2. Yes. It means I didn't pay. Shocking I know but I like to live dangerously.
I'm playing them with custom wads and mods using a bluetooth gamepad on the shitter, go fuck yourself bethesturd. And fuck any switchtard paying 5 dollars for such a barebone release.

youtu.be/xo3gnmvh5XQ

And yeah, my cheap phone is able to run brutal doom and project brutality on software mode. Can you do that with the 5$ switch version? I don't think so bethestard.

Attached: 1549518334438.jpg (688x692, 61K)

>GZDoom
>60fps

>Every single official Doom re-release
>Still 30 and looks like shit

Why is Bethesda so incompetent?

user, it's id who are the good guys.

Technically the sprites and sounds are not. But you can easily find them online.

Get mad.

Based Todd matching the lofty standards of a port bring as good as its original incarnation.

>awkwardly hidden
It's on the side of the fucking ramp

>Can you do that with the $5 Switch version?
Yes, I can, assuming I'm not a retard who spends money on Doom and assuming I'm a smart man who hacks my Switch with a paperclip and plays with GzDoom.

You're wrong and homosexual.

>performance improvement
>needing performance improvements for a doom port
what the FUCK did they do? how do you fuck up a DOOM port so badly that you have to patch it for PERFOMANCE? MY BIONIC FUCKING DICK IMPLANT CAN RUN DOOM. what the fuck are those incompetents up to?

Yeah I'm attacking Bethesda and that absolute shit port, not the people smart enough to hack the switch.

Get mad.

Fuck off, Todd.

They still released a botched version of a 1993 video game in 20 fucking 19. Zero excuses, they get no credit.

doom 1 is freeware so you are not comiting a crime

Twitter was a mistake because it allows any company to announce even the most boring and unimportant bullshit to the world ad nauseum.

okay, but seriously, my robodick has the equivalent of a pentium 2 in it, all I needed to do was to hack the firmware, hook it to a screen and I played doom on it by using it as a joystick. my DICK ran doom better than this port, WHAT DID THEY DO?

>play sigil first
>rest of the game is ruined

>Carmack whips up an Xbox 360 arcade port of Doom casually
>These people can't even make a good port despite numerous source ports existing and access to the source code

This isn't Doom though. It's Doom made in Unity.

OMG, they can fix a 25-year old game! My faith totally restored!

And through the doors of Id one day
Came a Mormon with a full bell-ay
Sandy!
Sandy Petersen!

Get mad.

was the 360 one good?

I'd say it was pretty good. Nothing beats the PC version of course, but it was fun playing coop with my console friends.

Based Bethesda modifying abandonware found for free literally everywhere on the web that they had no part in creating and reselling it.

>Buying this shitty port in the first place
Kill yourself.

so, an SMB2J situation?

Get blown the fuck out retard.

Get mad.

Episode 2 and 3 are fucking fantastic ad I enjoyed every minute of them.

But it's like comparing Giant World from Mario 3 to Water World from the same game.

Basically you go from "literally the best level design in history" to "just really fucking awesome".

Which is still awesome, but it's a massive step down relatively speaking.

Bethesda made a remake and not even that was free from a shit launch and bugs out the ass. How the fuck are they a giant in the industry when everything they release is a giant turd at launch?

coop sounds interesting, i dont think ive seen that on pc

What are some good wads?

>how the fuck are they a giant in the industry
Because people eat the shit right out of their assholes, did you know that daggerfall was literally unbeatable at launch due to a gamebreaking bug? And it still sold enough to warrant another sequel. If people weren't such shit eaters, bugthesda would have been run out of the industry by their second fucking game.

APK where?

Shadow of the wool ball, Rise of the wool ball, pirate doom, Batman doom, and the adventures of square

wait they made it with unity?
brb gonna go decompile.

Doom 1 ep 1 is really good, then ep 2 kinda really sucks ass, ep 3 is kind of okay, and ep 4 is good as long as you're willing to get your ass kicked. Doom 2 is great up until around map 10 or 11, then the level design just takes a nose dive. Factory is like the first of these bad levels and it's still the least offensive, yet it still has a couple areas that are completely pointless. Downtown, the next map, is typically where I stop playing if I'm doing vanilla 2. It's impossible to navigate.

Chex quest is unironically good.

Google the cacowards, it's all the community decided best wads over the last like 15 years.

real guns hardcore, gloom busters, russian overkill, colonial marines, combined arms, aliens the ultimate, aliens 2017, hideous destructor, blade of agony, trailblazer, these, the island 1 & 2, ancient aliens, gmota, brutal starter pack

ICARUSLIV3S on youtube does videos on doom mods/wads, you're bound to find something you'd like. He does total conversion mods like project MSX which was a great mod and never got finished, wads, and stupid meme shit.

HERETIC IS A GOOD GAME YOU SHOULD PLAY IT

>doom thread dying

Attached: 1566933344778.jpg (728x353, 43K)

>Performance improvements
>A nearly 3 decade old game has performance issues
I know it's not as simple as saying it's old so it should run flawlessly especially with them using a unity port but god damn that is just sad.

How the fuck do you need to improve the performance of Doom? It can run on a refrigerator.

IMAGINE FUCKING UP A PORT OF DOOM HOW CAN YOU BE SO BAD AT YOUR JOB

>DOOM special edition
fuck that shit

>DRM
>in fucking DOOM
what the fuck are you talking about?
you just install dosbox, install DOOM, and you're good to go

You can get doom to run on one of those TI calculators people use in highschool. It's shameful.

The newest release had drm

Bethesda's release of it had some kind of DRM, it wanted to be connected to the servers and you would be getting messages every time it disconnected.

Attached: soy.gif (452x371, 55K)

>putting DRM on a game from 1993
fuck bethesda

Attached: Bethesda board of directors.png (1211x1344, 182K)

do you still have to sign in to the bethesda account thing when you play?

Why is it so hard to get a fucking DOS game to run properly?

literally how can you fuck up a game from 20 years ago

We live in a world where Ubisoft fucked up a TETRIS port and I'm sure a bad space invaders port must exist somewhere, a bad port of Doom doesn't surprise me at all, still bullshit in this decade though.

Ep 1 and 4 are my faves. 2-3 are kind of blurs to me.

I think they just rushed the game and brought in too many new people. They made too many gimmicky levels. The first few levels and the last few levels are strong. The big city ones are a boring slog.

Final Doom and Master Levels are way cooler and a proper Doom 2.