RuneScape Thread because damn, do I miss playing this game back then

RuneScape Thread because damn, do I miss playing this game back then.

Attached: Default_login_screen.png (765x503, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I4M4XTsx2cA
youtu.be/FMNAcMNedOc
youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo
youtu.be/o0zlv24Ik2g
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbg0-cBsPo
youtu.be/QSkvyG3H_KM
youtube.com/watch?v=t1M6KsUY3o8
youtube.com/watch?v=FMNAcMNedOc
youtube.com/watch?v=RH5rEvxFLvM
youtube.com/watch?v=LFgvAyJWkjU
youtube.com/watch?v=I4M4XTsx2cA
youtube.com/watch?v=VNW9TAwImBY
youtube.com/watch?v=QHCg8mHzuz0
youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvyG3H_KM
youtube.com/watch?v=NGNwL3QRPpk
youtube.com/watch?v=b5YKLxHo6Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZknElGdlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>play with irl friend around 2006-2007 (before the trade limit)
>he goes on some website and buys 200 or so million gp
>knew his password
>every night after he got off I would get on and "drop trade" just enough gp that the counter wouldnt go down
>ended up taking around 10 or so million and he was none the wiser
Idk ig i was a bad friend.

Attached: 1564719480276.jpg (240x232, 7K)

>back then
why aren't you playing OSRS now?

youtu.be/I4M4XTsx2cA

Attached: x9q0ca8saiyx.jpg (600x399, 27K)

I did the same shit with my classmate's rune scimmy because he had two. Next day he questioned me about it but I convinced him it wasn't me.

we are still friends

I've been considering it after listening to a bunch of old school tracks. Is it just as good?

Make an ironman. It changes the game and makes it way more satisfying

played for a month to relive it but i stopped after realizing i simply do not care at all about making a bunch of numbers go up. because thats all the game is. as a kid it was a cool fantasy world to explore. as an adult it is a chore simulator

Go play oldschool? There's 75k people on right now

yeah it's actually better. you can still do all the old stuff but there is tons of new content that actually isn't shit. they did a great job polling updates

Fuck yeah here is another
youtu.be/FMNAcMNedOc

Attached: Rune_armour_set_(lg)_equipped.png (446x921, 47K)

>tfw exploring the wildy for the first time in runescape classic and losing all my money and armor to two Jedi pkers wearing monk robes and rune swords

Attached: 593.png (600x966, 125K)

He didnt even ever question me. He did wonder how I was getting all my money. I just told him i had a contract cutting willow logs for some guy kek.

Also kind of did the same shit with some other guys we knew irl. There was a group of 4 of us that all played together. One of the guys pissed off someone in our group. So we got on his account and fucking completely cleaned him out. Took anything valuable, dropped anything else, and changed his password. Somehow convinced him it wasnt us. Down to a group of 3. About 6 months later the other kid pissed us off and we did the same shit, somehow also convinced him it wasnt us. Ig 12 year olds are pretty fucking stupid.

If I wanted to play as a member, would this game still be "grind for shit and log off to grind for shit again tomorrow".

Does it have meaningful quests and content?

Attached: cowman.jpg (750x421, 64K)

Of course. You'll have your nostalgia to motivate you for a while until you've surpassed your original account. From that point on, you will most likely have found your own personal goals to keep you playing. Most people are still willing to chat up a storm, though you may need to be the one to initiate the conversation since most people are either afk skilling or too beta to make friends.

I recently quit though (2100ish total level) because I wasn't getting the same satisfaction from hitting milestones or grinding for gear that I had prior. Perhaps in a few months I'll be interested in playing my iron, which in turn will force me to grind for bonds on my main again.

I gave my friend my password because he said he could train my account and hack some trimmed armor for me. Every time I gave it to him he would change my password, but I'd just use recovery questions so it was all fine and dandy... Except for the fact that I gave him my password 3 more times afterwards. You weren't the only stupid kid on RuneScape.

I mean it is what it is. It has the quests, but outside of that its Runescape. Its super simplistic. Tbh in my opinion there isnt a more comfy game to play while having something on in the background

There's a lot of grinding, but the quests are fun enough

Attached: 992e430860daed902f7aaddbf73eabd19967de6e74b62a779ab9b1f6558da827.png (960x1280, 1.45M)

Recovery questions is how my other 2 friends got their account back after changing the password, but they both quit when they saw literally all their stuff was missing.

The biggest indicator of how dumb i was (or just how bad/inefficient at the game i was) is the fact that despite starting the game in early 2003 I only have like 2 level 99 skills

Attached: Classic1.jpg (512x343, 42K)

The quests outclass pretty much any other """""""quests""""""" in the genre. However it's still a grindy game with an extreme level curve (92 is the halfway mark to 99 exp wise) There's no content that really requires stats over 90 though, and that's just raids.

This shits RS? Like a beta?

No thanks, not willing to replay a game that wiped all progress and server wiped. Just means they'll do it again eventually.

No this is RuneScape (now called RuneScape classic). Old school RuneScape was RuneScape 2, and current RuneScape is RuneScape 3.

>tfw the character you made in 2002 got cucked into NuRunescape without your consent.

Attached: 17155722_1366888996667508_5424571580949736525_n.png (676x505, 248K)

Is this the logic zoomers use when confronted with a different version of an mmo?
What happens when FF pulls this shit with a retro server

This is giving me those fucking 2004/5 vibes, holy christ.
Who here got their 15-year cape?

no, reddit zoomers killed it with their efficiency retardation, also the fact that they're scared of pvp (the only thing rs had going for it)

Man id definitely hop on if my original account was still on old school.

i have a 15 year cape, a scythe and bunny ears but it means fucking nothing because they're trapped in rs3

How am I a fucking zoomer if I'm old enough to have considerable amount of time on pre-OSRS and classic RS.

Enjoy your neutered version until it gets wiped.

why the fuck would it get wiped retard, your account was never wiped in the first place it's still the same account it always was. osrs is a separate game from rs3 and rs3 is a continuation of rs2, the one you played. why the fuck would your account transfer to a new game? imagine if retail wowfags were upset their account didn't transfer to classic, that's you right now.
osrs will never get "wiped", rs has never wiped in the first place

Nah literally the original runescape

Nobody wants to play RS3 and it's not the same, you incompetent chimp of a nigger.

So you have a classic cape? Isnt it the rarest cape in the game? Sad its kind of plain looking. Youd think they would have done more with it.

>osrc
>new game
RS 3 is the new game
A more apt analogy would be if everyone of Wow had their characters moved to Wow 2, and then you'd have to make make a brand new character to play the game you wanted to play. For all intensive purposes, the server was wiped

Not sure. I remember getting that cape though. Stats werent great but i usually wore it outside of combat. Havent seen many other newer capes though, but I liked how it looked nice and simple. But yeah idk if there are rarer capes

I logged on just to get that shit. All the menu changes are so weird but I kind of like the upgraded graphics for the landscape.

I had no idea how to do anything other than fight so I just explored

>used to play this shit everyday with 4-5 other people at the library
i miss it. hope those guys are doing well, hard to believe it's been 15 years.

runescape quests are the best. they are actual adventures with fun stories instead of "collect 20 bandit asses"

Attached: 1423839699938.gif (200x200, 100K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo
Post your favorites.

I usually grind this game a month or two then stop for a few months but I haven't stopped since '06

Attached: 1550730232474.jpg (540x720, 142K)

and somehow not all of the bandits have asses to drop, questing is the one thing that rs has on lockdown

youtu.be/o0zlv24Ik2g
best quest
>mfw 3:15

Attached: 1395532373242.png (508x525, 26K)

>spend days picking flax
>make a few 100k and think im rich
>blow it all on some stupid fucking shit
>run around the next day or so flexing with whatever i bought
>eventually die to some dumb shit and lose said items
>back in the flax fields i go
Felt like I went on this rollercoaster way too often

the games fucking dead

the community is dead, getting a skillcape is meaningless now, the new skills suck ass, each new grandmaster is gatekept my some retarded lvl 75/80 skill you use to open a door or talk to someone then is never used again, EoC sucks ass and runs like the worst kind of Guild wars/WoW hotbar combat imaginable, theres microtrasnactions and pay1win out the ass, and did I mention the community is fucking dead?

FUCK you jagex

YOU SOLD OUT AND RUINED SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL

Attached: 1545693971453.png (665x662, 422K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qsbg0-cBsPo
this shit slaps

without a doubt
youtu.be/QSkvyG3H_KM

>farm whatever the fuck
>get expensive gear
>afraid to lose it, never take it on anything even vaguely risky
>it ends up just collecting dust in my bank

Attached: dqGD9ly.png (480x107, 30K)

play osrs like the rest of us u brainless faggotron

>80-85 combat stats
>still rocking rune platebody and dragon platelegs
>prayer flick everything anyway
feels good man

Attached: 1488174451118.jpg (454x476, 30K)

>boot up rs because of the new elf quest
>good lord what the fuck did they do to the playermodels
And so Jagex swinded me out of a bond for the last time

>tfw living my life one dragon longsword at a time
I remember everytime i died with something valuable I would immediately exit out of my browser and just go lay down. Wouldnt play again until the next day

Attached: Its+apu+apustaja+_5c1d1e5c68def2c32f255ae33e48972a.jpg (367x401, 32K)

I mainly played from 2005-2008 but picked up rs3 earlier in the year out of curiosity. Only took a few months to get several 99s.

It's too bad they don't have an option (and never will) to have all the correct models swapped back in. the fucks the point of playing a game made for nostalgia sake but not having it resemble it's true form?

My favourite was already posted so have a runner up instead
youtube.com/watch?v=t1M6KsUY3o8

what are you guys talking about I look the same as always

Attached: U0DA6x4.png (172x235, 11K)

I wanted OSRSHD to be a thing. I started in 05, but I loved the 08-10 style to some extent.
youtube.com/watch?v=FMNAcMNedOc

Attached: 24.png (250x369, 94K)

At combat lvl 80 I was still rocking full rune but I'd use a Barrows set once in a while for tough quest monsters. I love that one set that lets you drain health.

Attached: Guthan's_armour_equipped.png (296x924, 38K)

I meant NPC, sorry

Attached: 1516188679499.jpg (500x375, 21K)

I stopped playing RS before the HD changes were made so they hold no value for me and it all just clashes with muh nostalgic memories to the point that I'm just better off listening to the playlist of music from 04-05 and imagining I'm back then.

the ultimate banger.
youtube.com/watch?v=RH5rEvxFLvM

I'm playing WoW Classic right now, but RS by far has the best questing system in any MMO

>flute salad hasn't been posted yet
what the FUCK
youtube.com/watch?v=LFgvAyJWkjU

items being actual, tangible things that you can pick up, move, and place anywhere in the world makes it so much better.
I can't stand RPGs where items are just menu abstractions with no actual substance. runescape has spoiled me

Attached: 1397431563329.gif (135x161, 23K)

youtube.com/watch?v=I4M4XTsx2cA
youtube.com/watch?v=VNW9TAwImBY

i too like autumn voyage and autumn voyage

what other games did you play during runescapes time? it was a gateway drug

adventure quest was fun but never scratched that low budget feeling even for its time..id love to play an 06 -07 version of that

maplestory was grindy bullshit god tier. good music, great art, and fun sort of interactive gameplay compared to runescapes sort of autoplay.

ragnarok was a mix between the two although I didnt play much of that

I always went back to runescape because of it's sim qualities

>first account, i must have been 7 or 8 years old
>have no idea what im doing, just running around being a nuisance and enjoying myself
>somehow get a mithril square shield into my possession
>feel like a god amongst all the peasants
>die for some reason, probably stupid
>no more mithril square shield
>sit in lumbridge spamming the crying emote over the lost cash
good times

runescape on the computer and ps2 games when i wasnt playing runescape

i cant get back into osrs. i've tried many times, i can only stomach doing one quest every three months. just getting around is such a chore with the point and click mechanic.

i know its off topic but i literally cant find an answer is aus range banned from VG?
its been weeks now and i cant tell why

Attached: 1473567308364.jpg (2193x2617, 406K)

OSRS quests are fucking insane. There are insanely creative areas that people will only visit like once ever. On top of it the dialogue is awesome to read. Getting a quest cape gives a reason to level shit you otherwise wouldn't too. I've probably lost my cape by now sadly cuz i stopped playing for the sake of not being addicted.

DESU in many ways runescape felt like playing morrowind for the first time. Open world almost mid evil simulation style game. playing morrowind when it came out and playing runescape gave similar feelings.

train magic so you can teleport around in style, user. getting teleports is always my first priority

How the fuck do you guys handle the grind in the late levels? Even doing something on the side, it's still boring as shit.

I meant to say mmos but yeah same here but alot of nintendo

Everyone does until an hour of so of ding ding ding... ding... ding pixel clicking for dumb virtual ore.

thats why your suppose to play this in middleschool when you have limited shit to do in your life anyway desu. listening to my chemical romance and chatting on aim or msn

>Sea Shanty 2

Attached: FlashyEmbellishedInchworm-mobile.jpg (368x368, 10K)

game requires 2 monitors. idk how people play without dual monitor setup it'd be impossible for me

i had gamecube and xbox main games at the time for me were animal crossing and halo. OSRS had me addicted as shit and the moment i got my own PC it got a lot worse, when i first started playing WoW is when I completely spiraled out of control.

Only MMOs I have ever played for than 10 hours has been RuneScape and MapleStory

I still play in tiny window mode cuz I hate moving my mouse too far

Attached: 1390972138584.png (967x657, 83K)

q p
w

Adventurequest, Neopets, and Club Penguin. All free-to-play of course because my parents wouldn't entertain the idea of online transactions.

>level 3 getting dumpstered by the chicken
very nice

what other games have naturally-ocurring microecosystems, like campfires in runescape

>2007
>have decent levels but forever a poorfag
>save up every penny to level construction and make a comfy house
>at rimmy, some guy asks if anyone has a g maul for a cool trick
>I volunteer, very proud of mine, saved up ages to get it
>we go to his house
>'yeah bro just use your maul on the table and you'll break it in half!'
>try it
>gently place the maul on the table
>he kicks me from the house
>cry

Hit 70+ every skill this week. What should my next goal be?

Attached: unknown.png (1404x890, 1.3M)

Everquest, Maplestory, Roblox

to be fair wow classic has some pretty nice quests too, people just tend to skip them/never find them because they don't know about hidden quest chains that start from seemingly innocuous small quests, especially in retail because the end reward doesn't mean anything with heirlooms etc

runecrafting to 99
use the death/nature/blood runes to train magic
sell the remainder

or

go camp out at wintertodt until 99 fm

youtube.com/watch?v=QHCg8mHzuz0

Who else here has a 99 skill cape?

all we needed was 2008scape

08 was way past prime 'scape user. IMO it should've been 06scape.

youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvyG3H_KM
that 2:00

Attached: 1559531421389.jpg (640x960, 83K)

I agree with you 100% and your gif is incredibly relevant

anyone play contemporary runescape bootlegs? I was too poor for members, so moparscape was a blessing just to see the what members looked like. having any weapon I want and spell I wanted within reach and play test pvp was really fun.

it was however at most a fun side diversion. you always felt like you were playing in a bizzaro universe.

And pretty much nothing is soulbound aside from a small amount of equipment or quest items. It's nice being able to borrow a friend's high level equipment.

youtube.com/watch?v=NGNwL3QRPpk
youtube.com/watch?v=b5YKLxHo6Xs

Attached: 1563944368108.jpg (960x960, 106K)

>tfw lost account 9 years ago by forgetting password and recovery details
>tfw doesn't matter anyway because modern RS3 is a pile of wank
>tfw that's just an excuse to make me less sad about losing the account
it still hurts

Attached: 09-10-17 17.14.112.png (1042x557, 239K)

youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZknElGdlw
this version is good too

Attached: 1559942240038.jpg (750x766, 47K)

What are you talking about user, that screenshot is from 2017

I wish this image were real

Do yourself a favor: never play OSRS. It will kill any remaining nostalgia you have after a few days and it will leave you only with the bitter aftertaste of how the game doesn't even come close to holding up.

>NOOOO DAD I WAS UP ALL NIGHT PLAYING WOW CLASSIC STOOOOOOOOOPPPP

nah but i'll probably use one to practice bossing when i hit 90 in my combat skills so i don't have to risk 50M+ on practice runs

I WANT TO GO BACK AND SELL COAL CERTS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1310338249020.jpg (251x414, 31K)