This is simply the best PS2 game

This is simply the best PS2 game.

Attached: 31909-ratchet-clank-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1129, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3kD_QhYgIA4
youtu.be/U5fNBNTXYlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

correct

controversial opinion coming thru
Deadlocked was a close 2nd

It has terrible checkpoints and Ratchet & Clank 3 was better in every single aspect

Wrong that would be ape escape 3 or we love katamari. Besides that i wonder if this game is worth playing. I enjoyed the next 2 games in this series but never played the first one.

Attached: kumi.png (386x384, 219K)

i don't understand how they fucked up the second game with such a shitty final boss.

It doesn't hold up very well, 2 and 3 are significantly better

Due to how weapons work and no real upgrade system, early weapons quickly use their benefits. RYNO as usual fucks game balance right up the ass.

if you play the first game you can import your save and use some of the weapons in the second game.

He's a cute boy too.

Attached: ratchet_and_clank_sketches2_by_shira_hedgie_da06y3k-fullview.jpg (900x526, 111K)

>the punch doesn't have the walloper
one job.

Is the PS4 remake worth getting? I know that it's technically a movie tie-in but I've heard more positive than negative.

It's amazing how good the story was, considering it had no writers. I would argue that the series went downhill around the time they got a "serious" writer in the Future series.

the third game was better imo. 1 is good, but you spend the first half of the game without an intuitive strafe option.

If you like some of the Future weapons and a mix of the first game weapons, I feel they finally got the gameplay down to what makes it fun and enjoyable since all the weapons can be useful and fun to use. The story is sadly barebones and most of the "conflict" is pretty much pointless. Also fuck hoverboard races.

I hope you like hearing the following:
GO BUY A PIXELIZER
MR ZERKON LOVES TO KILL

I prefer the gameplay and environment variety in the other games, but the story of Deadlocked only gets better with time. The series used to be special, and Deadlocked was evidence. It was supposed to be their dark and edgy take on the franchise, but instead of turning Ratchet into nu-Jak they took the opportunity to satirize the way that reality tv and news channels were slowly becoming the same thing.

It called out a lot of dishonest and scummy media practices that have only become bigger problems as time went on. And while it's clearly focusing on FOX, I don't think that's really a flaw. People who obsess over "lack of subtlety" are worse than autists who miss the point of things.

>Needing Mr. Zurkon at all
Literally only useful for thinning the herd. Was fucking pissed how gimped the Buzz Blades are when even Tools of Destruction allowed you to fucking bathe your enemies in blades and fuck your sound quality to hell.

they removed all the dialogue that made the first game good

I kinda miss the platforming stuff from the other games, but the weapon system was great. Mixing and matching mods to create your personalised weapon (more ammo/less power if you are trigger happy, more power if you're careful) and the omega mods were awesome too. I like the little effect from maxing them out at level 99 too.

Literally because they wanted to have it run with the movie, which in turn had several story beats cut out. I still like the game, but it certainly shows you how short the game is once you get Challenge mode.

The gameplay from Deadlocked was still fantastic. Loved the Dread bots and co-op. At the time I thought that co-op was the new standard, but I was wrong. God I wish I wasn't wrong.

Also, I loved unlocking other skins and pretending that I was playing as other contestants. For some reason, UYA and Deadlocked were the only games with badass alternate skins instead of a bunch of jokes

That's not even the best PS2 R&C.

for some reason I thought they added strafing to the PS3 rerelease so I was very disappointed when I bought it and saw it wasn't there

Most HD ports don't "fix" gameplay issues and sometimes just add extra issues. Like how SotC got fucked with the grip system being fucked.

>Like how SotC got fucked with the grip system being fucked.
I have a PS2 copy of SotC but decided to play it on the PS3 since it's HD. What did they do to the grip system?

Whoops, sorry wrong image

Attached: Going_Commando_front_cover.jpg (1200x1768, 494K)

Is it better than the PS4 one? That's the only one I've played and I thought it was garbage t b h

You lose balance much easier or get jostled from some of the lightest movements. I think it also drains faster due to a more stable and higher framerate.

Bro I FUCKING love this GAME so goDAMN MNUCNH

Yes, much better

>It's been 3 years and counting since the last Ratchet & Clank game
What did we do?

yeah. they cut a lot of dialogue, characters, and content.

Isn't it supposed to be a remake of the first one though? What went wrong?

>Remake
Having a movie to tie-in. I have no love lost for the previous President of Insomniac leaving now.

I love deadlocked out off all of the mainline games though user.

Attached: Deadlocked.jpg (890x606, 29K)

No this is

But that was the best platformer on the PS2

Attached: MGS2-Feature.jpg (877x473, 139K)

that isn't burnout takedown

Attached: Takedown.jpg (640x908, 446K)

Sheesh, I thought some parts were more bullshit than they needed to be. This explains a lot.

Why is ratchet 2 considered the best? The whole story feels like a filler arc.

>Takedown
>best Burnout when the AI has to fucking cheat for the last 3-4 races
No.

it was a better xbox game

improved game play over the first game

It was basically just cartoon antics, which suited the series just fine. Trying to make it serious and 'epic' when it's a game about a furry mechanic blasting robots and aliens with comically oversized weapons was a gigantic fucking mistake
Even Deadlocked was pretty chock full of dark humor and didn't really take itself seriously

It's more of a movie tie in game than a full on remake.

OG Ratchet 1
"Nerd"
New Ratchet 1
Geeking out

I think up your arsenal is the best since it doesn't have the shitty flying levels of going commando. Haven't played the first one or deadlocked though.

No
Butchered character, Ratchet is a dreamworks protag now
Butchered story to hamfist neferious in there along with other bs
Butchered weapons. Majority of the old originals are gone for the modern meme weapons like zurkon and the fucking disco ball
Butchered worlds. They removed a few of them
It's obvious this wasn't made with original R&C fans in mind

Why does every main character have to be a "totally relatable" dork nowadays?
What's wrong with having a cool character that the player can't particular relate too but can still feel sympathetic for?

Attached: 1482930175927.png (327x255, 91K)

Ratchet needs to be barefoot more often

They remade (rebooted more like) the story of 1 into a movie, the made the game from the movie.

OG ratchet
Snarky little shit
Nu ratchet
Dreamworks tier "goofball" outcast

Ask Ted Price.

OG Ratchet gets betrayed by Quark
justifiably says hes going to kill Quark and he doesn't give a shit about Drek
New Ratchet get betrayed by Quark
WAAAAAAH CLANK I FUCKED UP WAAAAAAAAAAH

1 by far has the best visual design. The scrappy metallic look combined with futuristic tech instead of full-on sci-fi like the later games was great.

ive been playing only the HD collection on my vita for the past three weeks, and i find 1 to be the only game on it that is perfect. 2 has too many bullshit minigame segments that just arent fun, and 3 has the worst weapons in the entire series(pretending deadlocked is the last game). as a kid i thought deadlocked was the worst of the 4, but playing them now it is also my second favorite because it is smooth and streamlined with the best weapon leveling

I always thought that 2 had some of the best and worst aspects. Every time I do a playthrough I dread having to do the giant clank fight or the ship sections or the boring ass thermonator puzzles.

Up Your Arsenal might have been more linear and had less variety but at least it was consistently "good" rather than great in some places and awful in others. Better music too.

They've both got their positives. The shooting in 1 is kinda ass but it has the best overall level design due to every stage having multiple paths to choose from the outset. Had the most emphasis on platforming too.

Deadlocked is the total opposite; all combat, zero platforming. But it works cause of how tight the actual shooting is. There's only 9 or so weapons but you can mod them with different effects to make them more personalized.

ape escape 3 is the worst of the mainline games, it has no soul. 2>1. and 3 isnt even a bad game, but you can tell it was a lazy game. look at the monkey names in 2 vs 3, in 2 each of them is a pun or themed around the monkey while in 3 they are just straight japanese translations. 2 plays better as well, the morph stock in 3 trivializes everything in your path and it drops from every teleborg so you never run out.

>2 is better than 3
>2 doesn't even have Soichi Terada doing the music

2's minigames were ass too.

Attached: (you).png (853x439, 414K)

thats why the tesla claw and ryno rape the game, plus that strafe you get from the thruster pack isnt really practical or useful. hell, the last planet can be solod by the visibomb around corners

based

I liked the movie.

Ted Price isn't leaving insomniac is he? They just finally caved in and let sony buy them

the minigames suck in all 3 of them, bar mesal gear solid. 1 blows the music of 2 and 3 out of the water anyways, but i still prefer the monkey noise soundtrack of 2 to the one in 3.

CHECK IT OUT
WELL IT'S THE LYRICAL POWER CRASH
YOUR TRACKS MAKE ME LAUGH IN FRONT OF THE MICROPHONE
YOU DIDN'T PASS MATH
SCIENCE
THE MAIN INGREDIENT TO BE THE FINEST OF THE FITTEST
YOU DIDN'T AND YO I AIN'T WITH IT

Attached: pipotron.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Doesn't look like ratchet and clank 2 to me

It's

Check it out
It's Mr. Lyrical Paragraph
Your tracks make me laugh
You're frontin' the microphone
You didn't pass math

Frontin' is nigspeak for acting what you aren't. Has a connotation of being unfoundedly cocky or pretentious.

2 and 3 are better.

Here, I found a video with the full lyrics in the comments. The rap sample was from a Russian audio asset collection sold in the 90s and has appeared in Einhander, Ape Escape, Ar Tonelico, Street Fighter, and tons of others.

youtu.be/U5fNBNTXYlQ

I've got that CD. It is "frontin'" but it's also "it's the lyrical paragraph"