I just started this

I just started this.

>no jump
>only one attack with baton + shitty gun
>your chain monster is simple as fuck to use

WTF is this. Where the fuck are my combos? I want action on-par with DMC and Bayo. Fuck this shit.

Attached: astral chain.jpg (1920x1080, 551K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEpUyt3-p0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How about you play the game and unlock shit you dumbfuck.

have patience faggot

>Start any DMC
>only one combo
>only one weapon
WTF WHERES MY CURAZUHY

I am also at the very beginning of the game. I'm just going to assume it opens up a bit. Still, I'm not a fan of auto-attack on Legions.

no fuck you I only had to press the play button on my playstation what the fuck is this gameplay bullshit

It's far more RPG than their previous games, you need to unlock, customise and upgrade

kill yourself strawmaning faggot. I'm used to getting most of my shit in platinum games right out of the gate except for a few extra moves from the store and W101 as well

how long is this game? hopefully more than 6 hours like past platinum games right

you start DMC with multiple moves and combo options. at least one pause combo right off the bat has always been a thing and you buy more in the first mission. way to out yourself.

15-20 story 40+ to do (most) of everything that not counting get an S in every mission

sure is longer than your dick LMAO

This is happens when you put an action game on a shitty nintendo console

but it's the same concept of building your arsenal you dumb faggot. Only Bayonetta had a large list of moves at the start, every other action game has you building up 70-80%

People have lied to you about it being a stylish action game. it never was.
the combo variety is absolute shit. you have no alternate combo strings & only get more legion skills. there's less of a focus on combat & more on quests, puzzles, talking ect. it's like zelda.

but in astral chain you never get pause combos. you have the one ground and air combo. no stinger or launcher. you have to use the cinematic sync attacks instead. combat is not deep.

nigga that sounds gay as hell wtf. why do they still rank you after every encounter and why did they put in the "dodge at the right time and you get slow-mo" mechanic if the action itself is just trash. Fuck this shit, I knew everyone else replying to my thread were just coping.

someone clearly hasn't played for very long

You get pause combos upgrading your X baton, your legion jump is your gap closer, the basics are all there.

Post switch with timestamp

you get ranked on everything even talking to people.

there is pause combos

Holy shit why do you niggers not play the game

Idiot.

Zoom in on the text that should be a good enough time stamp

Attached: A1142C36-F81F-4369-92FD-1FF892E5DBED.jpg (1242x2208, 270K)

>Waits for the last thread to at last autosage so I can post wemb's because people clearly don't know how this game works
-You can jump via chain pull and start and air combo on hit a-la IAD in fighters
-You do have both charged, and delayed attacks you unlock later
-There's even backward/forward, and 360 inputs for attacks
-You can freely flow between legion combo's and weapon combo's on demand leading towards a lot of mixed and movement damage.
Arm legion is chances are the most fun I've had in a while, though Sword's B&B is pretty good. Still gotta unlock the latter two.

Literal game journalists, please kill yourselves.

Don’t play this game expectating it to be like Bayonetta.

>chromebook
o shit nigga what are you doing?

>This game isn't the same as those totally different games I played

okay that actually doesn't sound that bad. Where do I do upgrades?

>Where the fuck are my combos?
you have to unlock more of the combat later in the game. yeah, fucking stupid.

it doesnt really add much either since you just button mash even more. but hey, the attack animation looks cool so it makes it look like youre doing a whole lot more.

it was $150. I'm just typing documents and browsing the internet it does its job fine

>buy a game
>don't know what it's like
>get upset it's not what you expect
>"this game is shit it's shit where is everything you said i could do"
>everything he can do is locked behind gameplay

video games

Attached: received_1267503903589700.jpg (362x404, 11K)

>You can jump via chain pull.
that's not a jump. that's a homing attack. being in the air in this game is glitched to fuckery (pic related) anything resembling a jump is badly programmed and doesn't work well. doing cartwheels in the air also look terrible.
>You can freely flow between legion combo's and weapon combo's on demand
legions attack by themselves and the moves you can doing with them are buffs & super disjointed canned animations. there is no "flow"

Attached: nice jump retards.gif (334x218, 1.13M)

im glad that I know you can unlock it now but fr they should let you do 75% of moves at the very start this shit is boring so far without the rest of the moves

how far into the game do you have to be before the combat isn't shit?

what is your gif supposed to convey?

The combat only really opens up after Chapter 2 when you finally unlock Legion combos. The auto attacks were weird for me too until I started seeing the Legions as more of a controllable nodes for your character to perform moves with rather than them being something you control to perform combos by them selves.

HOLY SHIT other user got btfo

that the beast jump is not programmed properly. it's just a canned animation and you land in a standing animation on mid air. this standing on mid air glitch happens an unbelievable amount of instances in the game.

the kitty hovers in the air like wile e coyote, like he momentarily forgets he's supposed to fall after reaching the arc of his jump.

>tfw everyone told you the game was Platinum at their most shallow
>posted webms of terrible players to support their "argument"
>you get your hands on the game and discover it's just as cuhrayzee as the rest of Platinum's catalog

let's dance, you chimera fucks

based

Attached: 1567017558487.gif (350x230, 604K)

Is everyone busy playing it? Why is there so few threads?

i like photo mode in this game

Attached: AC1.png (1280x720, 1.63M)

I'm so happy the thread at last died to prove faggots like you wrong.
Call it what you want, but it puts you into an airborne state giving you air attacks after impacting someone. Not understanding that tapping ZL for attacks and doing inputs for legion attacks ( including off of Just Actions ) falls onto your inability to even read the command list for the things you're even unlocking.
In File 3 you at last gain the ability to upgrade your X-Baton, and most upgrades gives you a new combat action to preform, that in turn lead into different legion actions when you trigger off of them.
Happens in most games like this. DMC4 doesn't even give you half of your moveset till you beat the bosses for them and buy the rest via orbs.

Attached: IAD air comboing.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

This was the same for me with MGR, Bayo2 and Nier Automata

People just cling to the one specific thing they liked about their one specific favorite game and if it changes even a bit they sperg out

>but fr games should just play the credits when i install the game
sad, would report for underage

Attached: literallyme.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>let's dance, you chimera fucks
holy cringe. kill yourself autist.

Because there only needs to be one thread up. Jannies were deleting duplicate threads left and right today.

i don't understand it, personally. Bayo or TW101 would probably be my favorite Platinum jam, but there's no fucking way i'd prefer every Platinum game to play like either of the two.
seethe babby, seethe

>WTF WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME GIVE ME EVERYTHING RIGHT FROM THE START SHIT GAME SHIT GAME
Fucking casuals.

I agree it's garbage but fanboys will grovel it anyway because it's the only 'proper' game they got on their platform this year.

>Using "cringe" in the year of our lord 2019.
Fucking hell, mate, you played yourself.

>WoWfags and Smashtards can have 10+ thread
>Oh no not Astral Chain
I hate this fucking board more and more everyday

Just started where the hell do I change difficulty????

WoWfags get kicked into their general and smash is an exception because rosterfags are a rabid pack of autists that can't be contained

Only after you finish your first file. It'll ask you to set difficulty then, and from the system menu afterwards you can change it.

I think most people will hate it though because only like 40% of this game is combat and the other 60% is mostly side objectives and NPC interactions.

Attached: This too is Astral Chain.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

Dude it's shit and everyone besides drones have been saying it. And even they've kinda even saying it since it's clearly no Bayo 2 / 3. It's the most anime as fuck game, in a bad way, that I've played in forever and the combat is trash and barely expanded upon what's actually even good about it.
>30fps action platinum game
Is this why Kamiya has been so mad lately? Creating this?

yea but dmc4 had way more attacks at the start then this game

I came from RE2 - - > DMC5 - - > Sekiro, and yeah this game is fucking horrible in comparison to those three, two of which are the same genre. I feel for the meme, good job Yea Forums.

Kek, you think Kamiya touched this B tier game?

>DMC5 borefest
>Better than anything
Sekiro is better but doesn't mean this is a bad game.

i can tell you're trying really hard to make it seem like you've played this game, but lemme tell you: it's not working.

Poor shill salty the only dmc he can play is an incredibly overpriced 1 LMAO

????

Why did they think i'd want to spend 60% of my time picking up cans?

that is true as well. I can't fully defend the game making the first 2 hours a cramped dull fighter, even i there's some jank stuff you can still do within that janked element. I get what they wanted to go for though, getting the player more used towards the controlling of the legion before enhancing the player into a far more mobile state. It chances are backfired for some here, and gave trolls too much ammo clearly to repeat with shoddy clips at that. I'm not very good at this myself, but even I can show off some stuff of what's possible here with the systems given.

Attached: Early Game sillys.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Yeah the game limit alot of stuff in the first few hours.
After i unlock Call and Sync the game got way fucking better.

>it since it's clearly no Bayo 2 / 3
>Bayo 2 / 3
You had me for a second, not gonna lie.

Pretty much this.

Attached: ARMS is fun.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Platinum saw other "action" games filled with mundane shit, like TLoU where you walk through hallways 90% of the time or God of War where you spend hours rowing a boat or lifting rocks. They just think that's what the audience wants now.

>Button mash
>Button mash
>Dodge
>Button mash
>Button mash
>Enemy barely fights back
Nice gameplay

the "reduce gameplay to ridiculously simple descriptions" meme has grown stale user, maybe make some actual criticisms?

Keep playing, retard

Nice projection. Both of those games don't have you picking up cans retarded drone

That reminds me of undertale.
>play 2 hours
>absolutely hate it, bored out of my mind, insufferable dialogue.
the fans:
>no trust me it gets really good like halfway through.
It begs the question How much shit should I have to put up with before I can disregard a game?
when there's shit in games like V in dmc5 or the start of astral chain or the breaks in the pacing, the dialogue, the picking up cans, doing stealth shit, catching cats.

when a game is filled with so much bad gameplay time that is just horrible. is it really still a good game because the smaller parts are fun?
I don't know if I want to be as patient with games these days it's wasting my fucking time.

You do pick up jerrycans in TLoU.

>Button mash
>Button mash
>Pause
>Button mash
>Button mash
Shitposter like you don't even play DMC5, fuck off

Hey guys, did you know that you bush a button on your controller in a game, and it does something?!

Sounds pretty casual to me.

>He need to push button instead of using your mind to play the game

You are not forced to play them, it's completely fine user, if you don't find a game fun within a few hours just skip it.

There are plenty of good games out there, some that are even universally acknowledged as good by people who never played them. They may just know about them, or may have watched them, but never played them, or maybe it's not their type of game at all, doesn't make it a bad game.

Chapter 1 is really a bad introduction to the game. Chapter 2 is shit really gets fleshed out and you begin to understand stuff, plus they give more to you. I was kind of soured on the first mission but by File 3 I began to love the combat.

Blind as a bat
>Can't seem to understand turning legion off to avoid an attack or to recharge it's energy before enabling it with just commands for higher damage
>Doesn't grasp using it's L commands for greater evasion options as well
Also it's not like most DMC combo vids doesn't use a single foe or a basic floor of Bloody Palace that can take the punishment they're dishing out and you almost never see them getting any attacks at all outside of getting a bonus when using a taunt.

Up towards you really. If you feel like 2 hours is 'too much' ti give a game a chance, then yeah, don't bother with it. I'd rather call that more of a personal choice though then anything else. Xenoblades fucking takes nearly 20 fucking hours before you're allowed 3 blades on any one person and a 3rd driver that isn't fucking Tora so you can actually do elemental bursts correctly among other features of that game. I think if the first 2 hours put you off though, I couldn't blame you for 'struggling into the next 18 before it 'got good'. But I feel like that needs to be stated, then "This is all the game is" like a few are trying to play it off as it is.

Attached: Use of Just Actions.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Can you give her sexy outfits?

Attached: IMG_20190831_140354.jpg (1440x1920, 1.7M)

>every combat encounter including bosses
>Rank C or S+
I don't understand what this game wants me to do during combat. I feel like I fucked up during that Cerebrus fight and even used a revive, and I STILL got a S+

Attached: 1549754408649.png (851x780, 474K)

>BRO JUST DO SHIT JRPG TIME WASTES IN THIS FUCKING ACTION GAME
>BRO PUT ON THIS DOG SUIT AND COLLLECT CANS LAAPPPPPY xDDD

Are the grenades or turrets worth buying? Do they incur a ranking penalty or anything like that? They're expensive as fuck for early game so I don't want to risk it for a useless item.

OH MY GOD I CAN DRESS UP AS A TRANNY

Attached: 1567219492464.png (344x971, 214K)

The post-game feels too long. The list has grown to over 40 missions and after the one with Kyle + two legions at the end of a long gauntlet, I am burned out.

The gimmick in these is that they reduce your revives (1 or 2 each fight on standard) and give you a specific selection of items for each fight. Most fights are 3-4 waves of enemies and you see a lot of the minibosses.

You need 10k points on each fight for S+ rank. So you just do stuff like syncs and chainbinds once to get free points. Really short fights are hard to S-rank since you typically need the 5000 points for doing it damageless.

Attached: 2019083023061600-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

The boots on the raven costume look really dumb.

Attached: 2019083020494000-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 295K)

>He play female
Lmao

Attached: 1564226603864.jpg (500x396, 33K)

>Score is more harmed by using items then it is by just eating a death.
>Game rewards you more for sync and LZ actions then anything else.
Really just make sure you're actively controlling your legion, watching it's energy, and don't use items. If you beat a combat event and the energy bar never dropped below half that gives you a SHIT ton of points. You also get points for repeated summon/desummoning as well.

Loooks better than Bloodborne, snoy

There's a reward for using 30 of them, but them and the drinks remove other bonuses from fights, and honestly the legion can give you buffs or do what those items do anyway. They're cute, but not worth buying into outside of clearing out a few checkmarks for rare/premium material codes.

Why are gamers so autistic about jumping? Not every game is fucking Mario. In most games it looks fucking ridiculous and put of place.

>he says in switch where the major game he owns besides a wii u port is Bing Bing WAHOO

Thanks user. Guess I'll save my money for upgrades.

Attached: 1562111942432.jpg (625x1024, 82K)

Yeah, don't even bother buying into anything else beyond the upgrades in earnest. Upgrading your X-Baton's higher focus then the legion canister, because you really want your expanded moveset over just a bit longer legion time and quicker recharge rate.

Attached: Punching.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

>Killing one boss doesn't interrupt the combo move
Oversights like this are fun.

Attached: solo flyer.webm (853x480, 2.06M)

So when can i play file 01 and get a rank on it? Why do they start you out not bring able to get ranked

People are already waking up to this overrated trash pile. Platinum is the game freak of action game developers.

>have legitimate complaints about the game
>cant really talk about them because will just get called a ps4 shill
i've read this thread, and i really hope upgrades salvage the combat as much as you guys say it does

Because in earnest you really don't even need to be worrying too much with rank till you do later repeat visits when you've got all the legions unlocked so you can get all the hidden items and secrets as those play into your overall rank just the same. Rather, even if you S+ all of the Red Files, and do all of the Blue files, if you're still missing items/secrets it'll only give you S and not S+.

God I want to fuck the rage out if my sister.

Man, that Cerberus was kicking my ass.

Look, if these webm's doesn't give you hope for the game being 'better', I doubt you're going to enjoy it.
They're not even touching things like swapping legion and weapons mid combo, but if that's not enough to get you going, I don't think this game's going to give you it.

Do you really care about being called a ps4 shill? Who gives a fuck, complain if you have complaints.

I think the lack of jumping feels really awkward in this type of game, even if the game is designed so that you don't really need normal jumping.

If you're fast enough, you can actually chainjump to a second enemy before you hit the ground.

Attached: chainjump.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Pick male cause I like looking at guys ass.

Do the enemies attack in this game or are they just there to look pretty?

whoever came up with this upgrade system is a fucking retard i don't want to grind for rare codes

Green-skinned female is cute.

Attached: 2019083014423400-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

>Platinum game
>wtf why isn't it complex as fuck, it's all flash this is gay
Maybe you should have looked into Platinum beforehand

Oh shit, we can get helmets. Let me go full toku.

This but in a less shitposty way. The combat once it opens up is fun and the action sequences in chapters are really enjoyable but the investigating, sidequests, and some of the shitty sub-missions like the one where you help civilians back are all so dull and game down for me. Really wish this was just a straightforward action game instead.

Thinking about buying the game. How much content is there that involves combat? I don't want a 10 hour game with nothing to do afterwards. And are the combos complex aside from the QTEs? And I'm also wondering if there's a Bloody Palace type mode in there as well.

Is it me or are PG games decreasing in quality since MGR?

Raven is a full costume but I wouldn't be surprised if they let you get a generic cop helmet.

Attached: 2019083019535800-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

I'm only a couple hours in, but I feel like combat is more centered around situational awareness than combo variety.

Do the foes in DMC3/4 attack in their game or are they just there to look pretty?
youtube.com/watch?v=qEpUyt3-p0I
You already know the answer towards that though, but I feel like you can't help but try to find a fault with what's here. There's other issues this game's got, but aggressive foes isn't one of them when most of those are doing in a -training room- vs a single target that's big, slow but hits hard if they connect to better show off the actual -ability's- you can pull off. I feel like there needs to be a webm showing off group combat of stuff swinging at you and having to work around that.

Post game is mostly all combat done in a mission/Bloody Palace like format. See

when/where do i get this

Almost side content to the point where you will feel like it’s a bit bloated. Yes the combos get more thoughtful but you have to bear the first two chapters of the game before that. Which honestly is not even that long. No Bloody Palace mode as far as I know.

At the end of the first wave of postgame cases. I wonder if the medical set from the toilet faerie is also just a costume.

Attached: 2019083019362200-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

looking at the webms this game's astetics really remind me of final fantasy 13

why does it sometimes let me do the perfect dodge counter thing to interrupt multihit moves but other times i eat shit for trying it

i don't know what you're smoking user, but Platinum games are more complex than half the shit coming out nowadays. i'd recommend you stop playing on bitch difficulties

Can you turn off motion controls?

I haven't tried. I hardly even noticed that there was gyro aiming with how low the sensitivity is.

this game seems to have good hitbox porn

Depends on the timing and what move you're using. Your default double kick doesn't have invulnerable frames, so it'll get stuffed by those spinning attacks. You need it to be a sync call with a legion to avoid taking damage. Also when something's spinning at you, use your L action with the sword, you can 'cut' the red wobblery lines on the monster's arms and stun them, but you have to cut them both to actually stun, but cutting one stops the attack.

Is there no way to turn off gyro controls for the arrow legion? It is fucking up my aim.

I want to fuck Marie. That is all.

I can't wrap my head around how the scoring system works in this game.

>nail all my dodges and link attacks while frequently swapping between weapons when necessary
>D rank
>get back from the gate where you meet the droid
>get to the fight in the back alley with your sister
>camera starts freaking out
>can't see shit
>can barely fucking lock on to anything
>next thing I know I'm being gangbanged in a corner and also taking a shitton of fire damage
>mash buttons like a spastic until everything's dead
>A rank

Attached: 1562323898999.png (632x617, 609K)

Different fights require different point goals as well. A few fights are so low point requirement you can S+ them even losing a life. others are so few foes in number and so high in score you more or less need to perfect chaining, swapping and syncing to even get an A, more less S+, that might not even be possible till you have more tools to get points off of. This ranking system is chances are why it doesn't even bother giving you the difficulty with rank at first, because you have no hope of getting better then C's overall till you go back with everything in toe to do it again.

when can i change the color of my outfit

does this game have that 'one enemy' like bayo's grace and glory?

BBBBBUT the game is o ly disliked by sboys!

You'll probably fulfill whichever order lets you make your own color set at the start of chapter 3 I think.

This looks like DMC for seven year Olds or something

Some of these random minibosses look pretty cool.

Attached: 2019083019534000-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>file ends
>still want to fight
>need to spend 45 minutes doing fetch quests before I can go back to fighting

I wish there were like twice as many enemies in an average fight. The only one that really felt good was that pack of wolves and tentacles right after you get the arm.

>Playing through File 03
>Sister got snatched
>Good way through the plane, probably about to get Bow Legion
>Game just fucking crashes

Well fuck. Has this happened to anyone else yet, or did I just get really unlucky?

Also fuck I’m scared. I don’t want to boot it up and find out I’m back at the beginning of the File. Does anyone know if mid-mission autosaves exist or am I just fucked?

Is this bait? Those are shit

This has been every P* game after Vanquish. All their games are extremely short, shallow, and boring.

Again.. It's fucking P* who are too fucking incompetent to design a decent rating system. Look at literally any game by them and the rating systems are all shit, Transformers Devastation is probably the most egregious example though.

How do you guys play this shit and still act surprised that it's the same garbage with a new cost of paint every time?

Are you not including Vanquish then?

>Slide to cover
>Shoot in slow mo
>Slide to cover
>Shoot in slow mo
>Slide to cover
>Shoot in slow mo
>Melee once, overheat
>Slide to cover

For Vanquish, there is a number of ways to approach situations with different weapons and movements, and it's also more mechanically difficult. However, every one of their CAG involves just spamming the same combo or attacking and then pressing the parry button when the slow-moving telegraphed attack comes.

Kamiya is a hack and Platinum's best games are the ones he hasn't touched.

It reminds me of Xenoblade X but with neon.

dis dood actually died twice before you even fight the boss

I really wish there was a way to move the Legion and attack at the same time.

yes

Calm down Afrosenju you fucking impatient bastard.

>only one attack with baton + shitty gun
>only one attack
>baton + gun
but thats two

>Why do people want utility and movement options in video games that feature exploration and real time action combat?
Are you retarded?

There is a jump, retard, just hold ZL and ZR and you jump to your Legion.