Banjo thread

Hyped for rare replay on switch with possible dk games and for him to be playable in smash in about a month

Attached: EADBB906-FD12-4181-BDAD-3D34191D9C3B.jpg (160x172, 14K)

>rare replay on switch
did i miss something?

It hasn’t been officially announced but sabi who has leaked entire directs before leaked banjo in smash before he was revealed and also said rare replay is coming. The dk stuff is just something I would like to happen

Sabi also recently teased a direct coming in about a week

Where is that from

I swear to God I will be very upset if they actually do cut Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts just to make way for DKC. I get that Nintendo would want it to be Nintendo themed and DKC is integral to Rare's history but I don't think it would be worth it.

Attached: kXnklaI.gif (400x300, 985K)

Nice. Think we'll see it in the next direct?

Oh yeah five hours ago.Besides Overwatch what else will they show.

Attached: 4973971B-27E8-4ECA-8686-E5D3DCFBCB74.jpg (640x554, 60K)

i would give them a finger just to have DKC1/2 and Diddy Kong Racing in Rare Replay.

I've heard that Rare Replay would need to have to be edited for Switch simply because the 360 games on Rare Replay run because of the Xbone's native backwards compatibility
Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Viva Pinata, maybe Jetpac Refuelled, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise and Nuts & Bolts would all have to be uniquely ported to the Switch if they wanted to get them running, so it seems significantly easier to just get DKC1-3, DKR, DK64, and SF:A rather than porting a bunch of not super popular 360 games to the Switch
An actual rerelease of Diddy Kong Racing for portable Viva Pinata is a trade I'm not sure I'm willing to take

If microsoft ports Rare Replay to Switch and not PC, I'm gonna be fucking pissed. I just want the Perfect Dark remaster with M+K, it's not that much to ask.

The best case scenario would be for rare to keep everything the same, but add 5 extra games to celebrate Rare's 35th anniversary. Personally I'm thinking the DKC trilogy, Diddy Kong Racing, and DK 64.

I wonder what Banjo's 3rd taunt could be.

Attached: 1560001253521.png (699x540, 252K)

They play the entire theme of Banjo Kazooie, which can be canceled out of at any time a la Bayonetta’s dance taunt

>Switch Rare Replay

I wish. Port Killer Instinct after that and we're golden.

If they do show a rare replay, Banjo gameplay is a given. Other than that leaks have been all over and most of them are bs so I’m just looking forward to see my best bear.

Collectathons died for a fucking reason, banjo kazooie should never get another game.

That would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it. Personally, I'd like to see some bickering/teasing going on between them.

Attached: 1559881175963.png (1260x1260, 854K)

Didn't get who you wanted in Smash, huh?

He can be in smash, but that's where he needs to stay, much like the iceclimbers.

The banjo kazooie games aged like ass because collectathons were shit and a relic of a time where people's standards were much lower for platformers.
They need to stay dead and only be used for nostalgia appearances.

keep crying redditor

You're right, brother. We need to take down Banjo and I know just the guy for the job.

Attached: 1555197197668.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

Did someone say Steve thread?

Banjo won't be making it back after this game. Enjoy him while you can. Collectathons are a flawed genre, so don't expect another game anytime soon either. If Rare Replay ever comes to the switch everyone will see how overrated that bear is.

Attached: 1555195486543.gif (502x522, 2.06M)

Hey, ever seen a great game called a hat in time? Or yooka laylee?

Yooka Laylee was awful and the creator of a Hat in Time abused his co-workers. Collectathon is a genre founded on failure.

Attached: 1559977945189.png (721x469, 209K)

And the creator of Minecraft became a racist homophobe that bashes everyone on Twitter and has no life.

Your point?

Steve will be the next DLC character.

Attached: 1560042003776.png (1696x1300, 1.67M)

>the creator of a Hat in Time abused his co-workers
fucking when

>sabi who has leaked entire directs before leaked banjo in smash
He did?
I thought he was told by nintendo to keep his mouth shut before he had the chance to leak the e3.

Attached: 1567130795996.png (441x430, 204K)

And then you woke up.

>the creator of a Hat in Time abused his co-workers.

that's tuesday for japanese game devs though, so why the double standard for western ones?

He said it wouldn't come to switch.

Attached: 1559969088431.png (1100x1100, 709K)

Shit posting aside there is real controversy. I just don't remember what it was.

Attached: 1560000074021.gif (960x540, 1.34M)

They leaked the xbox e3 then they were contacted by Nintendo so they couldn’t leak their e3

I messed up saying direct I meant e3

Point still stands, Sabi never leaked banjo afaik.
He was threatened by nintendo with legal action before he could.

>Collectathons died
>collectathons were shit and a relic of a time
>Collectathons are a flawed genre
>Forgetting Mario Odyssey, a collectathon and one of the Switch's biggest games.
>Forgetting a Hat in Time, an extremely well received collectathon that just got some new DLC.
>Both games' take many aspects from Banjo-Kazooie
>Mario Odyssey is the first 3d Mario platformer that lets you continue once you collect a moon, just like in Banjo-Kazooie
>Hat in time's official website mentions, "Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Psychonauts! These kind of 3D platformers are no longer made, but people still want to play them! A Hat in Time brings that joy back!"

>Seethy Stevies are still reaching for anything to use against the massive "L" they were handed.

The state of Blockheads is just getting sad now. Stop it and get some help.

Attached: 1565641083180.jpg (1280x1280, 231K)

I just looked it up and yeah you’re right my bad. I remembered him talking about banjo in smash but he didn’t know if banjo was in. the most he did was talk about the other leaks at the time

But still if he was able to leak most of xbox e3 and get a cease and desist from Nintendo, I’d say if he says something like pic related is happening, it’s likely it will

Attached: FFC11D56-79B8-41A9-B940-1765C1D788F9.jpg (640x428, 74K)