FF13 vs FF15

Which one was objectively the better game Yea Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

XIII has a 15 hour tutorial give or take, I don't care how good it gets nothing can make that worth playing

XV was an unfinished mess of a game. At least XIII was complete.
XIII>XV

I actually liked XIII but XV was clearly better. Both were disappointing.

13 has better combat, barely.
13 has better music all-round.
15's world is empty, just like 13's.
13 has more interesting characters.
13 and 15 both have awful plot/story.

I think 13 edges 15 out as it's at least competently made.

I actually finished 13 so I'm gonna go with that

XIII throws you in the deep end lore wise and has awful tutorials, but that combat system is one of the best in the entire series and the sequels redeem the hallway sins of the first game.
XV is just pretty, but boring. Pretty boring.

XIII has the best soundtrack in the series and you cannot change my mind.

The combat system is only remotely interesting in the end-game hunts and superbosses.

VIII exists.

FF14.

Attached: 1504333138882.png (1129x482, 1.06M)

13 unironically. 15 was a jumbled mess and had no idea what it wanted to be. It threw so many ideas at the wall and was praying that one would stick. 13 while not being that good still had an identity and kept everything consistent.

This right here is also a prime example why 15 is a dumpster. THIS IS AN ACTION RPG. That requires to you to actually think and time your attacks. If you can literally hold down a single button to win then it utterly failed.

Attached: FF XV hold O to win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Hard to say because I didn't like either, but I think I might like 13 more because I actually had some fun with the combat after the 30 hour tutorial section.

how can 15 look worse than 13? what is wrong with that dude's hair?

The 13 pic is from a CG cutscene.

XIV's Emet-Selch is basically a better Ardyn Izunia in like every single capacity possible for the character.

Attached: 1565272339405.jpg (834x1487, 218K)

XIII. It finished something.

As someone who enjoyed both, I'd say that XV is better. XIII is stripped down to battles + cutscenes. There are no towns. No shops. Hardly any NPCs. It feels hyper focused and resource conscious. That's why the hallway critiques stick to FFXIII and not FFX. FFX has Blitzball, numerous cities, Cloisters, minigames, and enough diversions that it's linearity is disguised pretty well. At least FFXIII has a unique and fun battle system.

FFXV on the other hand is disjointed and incomplete. The open world section is fun and immersive, but lacks focus and has very little plot development. The ending crams in all the plot, but loses out on the fun aspects of the first half. The DLC and expansion help a lot, though, and the current version is pretty engaging, although still imperfect.

Lighting Returns is better than both

Ardyn was such a bad character, I can barely remember him.

XV only has one town on the map, and it's tiny. The other city has to be loaded in. It's not much better than 13 at all.

i like how these two games can only really be compared to each other.

Attached: 1375100531701.gif (500x620, 523K)

Trash vs shit. Who wins? Who cares.

XIII is well made, and XV isn't.