Should I buy a Wii U in 2019 for virtual console and some Wii and Wii U games?

Should I buy a Wii U in 2019 for virtual console and some Wii and Wii U games?

I have a Switch, but it doesn’t really do legacy content. Even if it eventually gets to SNES, I can emulate that anywhere, Gamecube not so much.

Attached: 21493288-27B0-4B2C-B2A9-746791720AF5.jpg (425x263, 12K)

what about emulating them?

WiiU is like a beta Switch.

I have a laptop from like 2012, sorry

wii u is great for gamecube as it plays them natively, no emulation needed. DS emulation on wii u is also worth checking out too

Only if you hack it.

Well yeah but you still need to hack it to play Gamecube games

takes a few minutes to hack that in

I might be kind of retarded, but I did manage to hack my mini SNES so I’ll give it a try.

check wiiu.hacks.guide

If you can get it cheap it literally can play every Nintendo console up to the Switch, and even does BOTW. Get a cheap 1TB HDD and a decent sized SD card as well.

Why would I get a HDD and SD card, don’t they serve the same purpose

>laptop from like 2012
Isn't that enough for standard emulation without any upgrades, aka what you'd get with the Wii U? Also, you could probably buy a used laptop that can run upgraded GC games for cheap. Laptops don't generally keep their value for very long.

SD is required for hacking and transferring games, HDD is technically optional but strongly recommended

Can I get a 64 gb SD card and just run Gamecube games off of that?

yes

People say emulation on Wii U is darker than it should be as well.

Attached: 6D46C324-0A09-4F01-9D9F-231066405BE4.jpg (800x1051, 715K)

you can patch that

Funny that you mentioned that since you can actually fix it yourself. I have SM64 installed on my Wii U with a widescreen patch, 60 fps, and with the brightness fixed and it works great.

why not get a wii? wii should be cheaper can also play gamecube and other virtual console games.

Sounds a little technical, but it would probably annoy me enough to try

Didn’t Wii Virtual Console die? At least the store did.

Im pretty sure you can still get the vc files n downloaded on your jailbroken wii.
The only thing wii lacks is a hdmi port and ds games.