What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: 600px-MW-npc-Trebonius_Artorius.jpg (600x600, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was lazy

No idea, I always thought "Mage" "Fighters" and "Thieves" guilds were stupid and boring, well at least the names, so I never joined them. I mean what kind of crime organization calls itself the fucking Thieves guild? Anyway if you want a Morrowind thread you should probably start off with a less obscure character.

Attached: Fucking Mages.jpg (1920x1200, 372K)

based low iq retard

His staff and amulet were good. I love slapping things with his stick and then watching the big explosion.

and an idiot.

The trio that formed Talos were a warrior, a thief and a mage.

shut up homo

Well they are lame names, and generic as hell. I think an organization to control magic and it's users and to formulate it's teaching makes sense, but why the fuck does a fighters guild even exist? Seems a little unbelievable from a world building perspective.

>government chartered mercenary/adventurer's guild with checks and balances in place

Given the setting, I'd say it's probably reasonable enough. There are several instances of state sanctioned privatized police forces in the real world. I imagine the guilds work in tandem.

It's basically a mercenary guild. You're a sellsword who kills for money and enforces the will of a bunch of extremely corrupt people. Being a member of the Fighter's Guild is just being hired muscle. And the kind of people who need hired muscle tend not to be too concerned with morality.

Jesus fucking christ, have you ever even spoken to an NPC about it? They're government (empire) permitted mercenaries. Also, it's a game and it needs to give you something to do.

What would you have preferred?

I know what they are, but I don't see a giant Empire with no military threats overseeing a mercenary guild when they also have a perfectly fine legionary system.

>Also, it's a game and it needs to give you something to do.
>What would you have preferred?

I'm fine with all the other factions. Really it's only the Fighters and Thieves guild I don't like.

I always found it interesting that the Fighters Guild and Thieves Guild were feuding with each other only in Morrowind and not any of the other games.

The Fighter's Guild was born in the 2nd Era after the Tsaesci emperor basically had no troops left and every town was without protection. Mercenaries became private police during this time.

Hijacking this guild in the name of house telvanni
Wasn't that because the fighters guild had sold out to the camonna tong?

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2019-08-30 20.22.43.495.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

No it was because Morrowind was designed for mutliple playthroughs whereas Oblivion and Skyrim were designed for you to play them once and do everything on one character

it feels like in the later games, it was designed so a single character could "do everything", ie join all the factions and complete them. In Morrowind it feels more like you're meant to focus on certain ones, such as the stat and skill requirements for promotions, and the different reputation values (being in certain factions made others dislike you). As far as I remember none of this was in the later games.

as a footnote, i think i prefer the morrowind style. it made the different factions feel more distinct and special. I miss the variety, having the various houses, the imperial guard and the empire's mages guild (forgetting the name). I hate how in Skyrim we're left with just the basic trio + dark brotherhood

It's because Morrowind was the last good RPG Elder Scrolls game, and Oblivion was the last good Elder Scrolls game in general.

Skyrim was a good game, but it's not a good Elder Scrolls game.

It was devoid of lore, it had no soul, the character could do everything, and every single piece of information is spoonfed either through mission objectives or markers.

Because you know, fuck making people think past instinct while gaming anymore.

Part of player choice should be choosing to be associated with certain factions and have the appropriate consequences and rewards for it.
The Skyrim format seems so boring. By not restricting you at all, it seems to indicate that your choices don't matter.

Technically you can do everything in Oblivion but it does take some work to accomplish because you actually need specific skills to accomplish things (the thieves guild won't allow you to kill to do something so a warrior have to learn agility skills).
The issue with Skyrim is that you can run/fight almost past anything even at low level.

idiot

View it from player experience. Remember the games are meant to appeal to a wide audience, as a teenager who never played Elder Scrolls before "Fighter's Guild" sounded fair enough to me 1 hour into a new game and gave me clear direction on where to take my paladin oriented character for early quests.

What was HIS problem?

Attached: Anhaedra.png (600x1000, 1.16M)

I actually really like the idea of this character. He's one of those idiots that manages to fake his way into upper management, and through sheer dumb luck comes into power. He has no idea what he's doing, and everyone in the Mages guild knows it. He'll assign vague, sometimes grandiose tasks to people and they'll play along as if they're making steady progress. It's just like working for a real-world incompetent boss.

He didn't care anymore. Reached the top and gave up, all he lived for was the thrill of promotion, climbing the hierarchy was what he lived for. He felt all alone at his personal summit, even while living on the biggest city there was. Why did you think that he accepted to duel? He wanted out. He saw in the Nerevarine's eyes the same spark that he had when younger, the thrill and boldness he had in a time when acquiescence hadn't made his hair fall of. He saw that the Nerevarine was destined to more that he could ever hope to be, so he surrendered himself to death for a noble cause.

He probably sees himself as a god, but is forced to serve a bunch of mortals as their bitch boy. You'd be upset too.

He was a retard that got sent to Morrowind so he would stop getting in the way at the university in Cyrodil.

>his first assignment is finding out about the dwemer disappearance
>player character starts wondering if the man was actually being serious

>Second assignment asks you to murder every high ranking telvanni

Behold, the port to the greatest city on Vvardenfell

Attached: Port of Vivec.jpg (1920x1200, 550K)

I interpreted this as another pilgrimage, much like the Vivec canalworks fight where a Daedra is forced to pretend that you're honorably giving him a sword so he can fight you fairly.

It's too much of a coincidence that the inscription on the big rock talks about the time Vivec taunted a Daedra into fighting him, while here you are, doing the same thing. He probably resurrects or something afterward.

He could be in Black Marsh right now fighting real enemies.

reminder that vanilla morrowind has superior water compared to any mod or graphical patch

Attached: mwwater.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

It's one of those "is Michael Scott a secret genius?" moments.

bringo

Hope you enjoy doing it all in your half-playthrough of the next elderscrolls

How often does Morrowind go on sale? I don't feel like digging up my GOTY edition CDs.

It's okay water. It was stunning at the time, and looks good for the limited resources it uses, but to me it looks like something you could do with the spray-can tool in MSpaint.

Having to exist in the same universe as Divayth Fyr must make every mage feel like a magicka manlet

>TES 6 starts by the player sleeping in a shitter
>wake up and open the door
>get accosted by a Dragon(tm)!
>Rainbow colored confetti flying everywhere
>"I can't believe I just met the leader of the thieves guild, arch-mage, guildmaster, savior of the Nirn, Listener, and (DLC not installed)! You must save the world!"
>Can only answer Yes, No(Yes) and Sarcastic(Yes)
>Dragon(tm) accidentally clip through the shitter and push you all the way down one of the snowy mountain of the Black Marsh

There was just a big Bethesda games sale what... three weeks ago? Probably another month or more and it'll go back on sale.

Or you know, Yar Har.

Vvardenfell has only been open to non-indigenous members of the population for 13 years when the game takes place. Why would a port matter. Nothing came in, nothing went out.

post cool enchants.
>jump 99-100 for 2s
>slowfall 1-1 for like 8s
>can get from vivec to mudcrab bro in 2 jumps
>or to this retards house like webm related

Attached: consider installing stairs.webm (1920x1080, 2.55M)

Whenever I look at Vvardenfell, I really want to eat a mushroom stew.

Lads how do I get a telvanni gf?

So your saying they couldn't build a proper dock in the time it's taken the Great Houses to build whole cities?

Ebony Spear enchanted with fortified jump for dragoonshit shenaningans.

>Gib thicc Telvanni waifu

Attached: 600px-MW-npc-Kaushad.jpg (600x600, 86K)

So do you think he was in the worm cult?

>Your mother is a whore! Your mother is a whore! Your mother is a whore!
What am I supposed to do?

Attached: taunt.png (215x191, 47K)

What? The cities weren't built in 13 years, the cities are from the indigenous population. The Temple Preserve allowed the great houses in but not any outsides.

>slowfall 1-1 for like 8s
Better turn it into a cheap buff for a couple of minutes.

I had the timeline fucked up, but either way it was a big pilgrimage site, so you figured they'd have a better port than a single wooden dock. Also NPCs state Vivec is a center of industry, so I wouldn't say nothing is going out or in.

on a ring combined with jump as listed, having it set to under 10 seconds is the only way to keep the enchant cheap, and its roughly the same length of time as one jump on flat ground.

How the hell did he get the necromancer's amulet?

Are there any good romance mods? I kinda fell in love with Nels Llendo.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 009.png (1600x900, 2.84M)

what are the best basic mods to use like mge xe and code patch?

how do i get enchanting to not be tedious?

Go to daedric ruins and kill dremora and golden saints for end game weapons. Sell weapons to scamp and mudcrab. Buy enchantment training.

I think Unsanctioned Training is the most actually guild-like guild quest in Morrowind. Historically, a guild is an organization that exists to maintain the prices for some service, so keeping restoration training within the guild makes sense. The only weird part about it is how it's presented as that one dunmer bitch wanting to protect her little empire.

Ebonheart is nearby and is much better

That wasn't really about the Fighters Guild itself though, that was because its new leader was in the pocket of the Camonna Tong, which despised the fact that a foreigner criminal guild was competing with them on their turf. In the final Thieves Guild quests you actually work together with the old Fighters Guild leader, the same one that gives you the alternate path for becoming the guildmaster if you visit him in Ald'ruhn instead of the leader in Vivec.

Self-enchanting is broken and pointless. You just get a bunch of gold and pay an NPC to do it.

Graphical mods were a mistake.

>"Fighter's Guild" sounded fair enough to me 1 hour into a new game and gave me clear direction on where to take my paladin oriented character for early quests.
It's kind of ironic then that the guild that fits a "paladin" type character most directly had the unfortunate name of "Imperial Cult." From a new player/wide audience perspective the term "cult" with its negative connotations in the modern day would dissuade people with good/holy characters from joining the faction that was designed most explicitly for them.

It fits the setting though.

To Dunmer in Morrowind they're a cult, it's the normal religion everywhere else in the empire.

>Arch-Mage Trebonius
>obscure
OK retard

Which one was supposed to be the thief? Hjalti/Tiber Septim for stealing Wulfharth's soul?

>TES 6 starts by the player sleeping in a shitter
>wake up and open the door
>get accosted by a Dragon(tm)!
Better than Fallout 4's opening at least, which drug its feet for around 40 minutes just so they could have a "cool" sequence to show off at E3. I hate that shit.

Are there any mods or anything that are important to grab for a first playthrough? i dont give a shit about graphics, so just like fixes, (reasonable) gameplay rebalances, etc.

Just play the game.

Skyrim's guilds don't suck because one player character can finish them all. They suck because they barely have anything to do with their presumed profession. Each of them more or less has the same draugr caves to find an artifact regardless if you're doing a mission for thieves, fighters, werewolves, bards or what the fuck ever.

I think Oblivion's guild system is a decent compromise of them all. I don't like the fact that you need to play the game numerous times grinding your character to see all the story aspects. Oblivion allows you to finish them all with a single character, but at least story-wise the guilds and their missions are doing what you'd expect them to do.

excellent

The unofficial patch, the unofficial code patch, and the free dlc

That piece of shit beat me up and then when I escaped (with the boots of blinding speed) to an Inn, it turned out it was the Inn that fucker lived in. He killed me.

is openmw an inferior way to play morrowind? i never see it recommended as a mod or a fix. UNLESS IM JUST RETARDED

He was a Battlemage who was given the job of a Mage, he was too much of a meathead to care about that nerd shit.

Isn't that still in, like, pre-alpha developement stage? Shit ton of bugs and missing features, I reckon. Also at some point I checked out the to-do list, and boy there's a fucking gigantic amount of shit you need to program to make the game sufficient enough to work, shit you wouldn't even think of.

Morrowind code patch. Morrowind Patch for Purists. Official content mods if you don't have them already, they're small but appreciated additions to the game courtesy of Bethesda and developed shortly after the release of Morrowind. The kind of small stuff that would have been micro-transactions if the game had released today.

Those three are all I'd recommend for a vanilla playthrough. Maybe add MGE XE if you suddenly decide that you do care about graphics or just want to make the UI bigger to read stuff easier on a big screen.

www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510
www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins

>snowy mountains of the Black Marsh

Attached: 1565337854403.png (325x337, 157K)

Kek

Kill him and gently rape his corpse.