I've been thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard but i've never tried one ever

I've been thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard but i've never tried one ever
What do i get? Will it even be better than my old membrane one?

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (739x415, 23K)

It won't make you better at video games.

filco majestouch 2
Won't improve your gaming skillz but will feel better than a membrane

Go to a best buy and tap on their mechanical keys. That'll give you an idea on which ones you like

If you're getting a mech keyboard it's better to get something with hot-swappable switches, and use third party keycaps so you get what you actually want, since the average ergonomics and switches for mechanical keyboards are shit. Personally I use a tenkyless GMMK with box black switches and XDA keycaps. If you're a casual or don't type much you probably won't care too much for the upgrade.

meme

I got my first mechanical keyboard over a year ago now. It feels much better than membrane, it's incredible at first, but as with all things you kind of get numb to it after a while. And I also really enjoy the sounds it makes. I'd say go for it if you don't have anything else to spend your money on. It's definitely the least noticeable upgrade in terms of peripherals.

I'm gonna come clean Yea Forums I really love my brown switches. They're so nice to type on

Attached: 1559229720178.gif (262x323, 1.34M)

I got the Tecware Phantom 104 with brown switches since my 10 year old membrane was bluescreening my PC. Extremely solid for a 50 dollar keyboard as long as you don't care about macro keys or audio controls. The clicking isn't as annoying as I thought it would be.

Brown bros unite

Not as good of a sensory experience as MY BLUES

Blues for office, browns for home.

I loved my blues for a long time user but now that I've seen the brown light I can't go back

Yes

Attached: Analog Keyboard.webmddd.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

They're okay, I don't get the hype though.

I'm using a cheap membrane keyboard right now.

Don't you have to trick your computer into thinking your keyboard is a game controller to do this?

>Will it even be better than my old membrane one?
I'm never going back to a membrane after switching to a mechanical one a few years back.

It's a legit meme. There is no point. They sound like fucking type writers, they'll annoy you eventually.

go to your local tech store and see for yourself, they usually have a sampler or some shit, or maybe ask one of the clerks to open one up for you or some shit.

It's not gonna improve anything, but they sure as hell feel nice to type on.

If I could find a key that was close to being light as a membrane It'd be easier. Someone recommended Gateron clears but all I've found are meme 60% keyboards for those.

I started off with blues and then I moved to greens. Now I'm thinking about going in the complete opposite direction and maybe trying reds or something like that.

Reds feel so fucking bad to type on though

This. Getting Cherry Reds isn't going to magically make you a top-tier tournament winner, but it will feel better to play on than a membrane.

they are loud as fuck, and also: mostly a meme, but they do feel nice to type on. Wouldnt invest in one unless you type a lot

If you have a good cheap keyboard right now, don’t bother spending money on mechanical. I got one as a gift and I could totally go back to my 20 dollar Logitech no issue. Way better things to spend money on.

The main difference is with a membrane keyboard you have to push the buttons all the way down to make them register, you will always "bottom out" on a membrane keyboard which some people find particularly tiring I guess. With mechanical switches the key will register before you bottom out. If you learn to type lightly and you have light switches then mechanical keyboard might be nicer to type on comfort-wise and might allow you to move a little faster but I'm not sure if it's a proven thing.

I could see this getting you killed more than it would help in certain games.

how fat do you have to be to find that tiring

I bought one after years of a normal keyboard.
You really won't notice a difference but it doesn't hurt to get a cheap one for the NKEYLESS shit.
I can safely pressing multiple buttons in games without a key going unregistered.
The light up keys help at night.
Other than that it won't improve your skills unlike a gaming mouse which does help with skill.

I recommend buying Brown switches and something around $40

Attached: 1566496866390.jpg (443x332, 23K)

go blues. good for typing and gaming.

I use headphones so the sound of mechanical is no issue. but mech is WAY better than membrane.

I have an old CM one with browns and a new Das with blues. the Das sits in the closet.

If you're playing some shit like osu it will be better, but otherwise it will be worse because you need some time to get used to this shit and when you got used to it - it is the same shit, but louder. Just stick to membrane.

TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK TICK TACK

I have a Corsair K90, it has Cherry Reds. Perfectly good for typing and gaming.

I like mine a lot better for typing than playing vidya on, blues are really nice but loud as hell, some people like that about them, super tactile feedback
If you have a microcenter or something near you they probably have a sampler that you can test out