Why does the Switch get so much praise? besides from all the ports...

Why does the Switch get so much praise? besides from all the ports, the console really doesn't have many great exclusives going for it.

Attached: 6599956.jpg (1200x1440, 380K)

> using comparison from 18 months ago

Fuck off.

in denial

My point stands. Update the image and try to make the same argument, but of course you won't be ause you know there isn't one.

Pretending the last 18 months didn't happen is truly being in denial.

The fact that it's portable is enough to justify how well received the switch is compared to the Wii u.

>All the world's a stage,
>And all the men and women merely players;
The primary difference between Switch and WiiU is perceptual. Besides from the obvious deviation in advertising and the naming of the console, the narrative's of the two systems were irrevocably split when one launched with Mario Another One: But This Time The Resolution Is Higher Edition and the other launched with a game as ambitious and groundbreaking as Breath of the Wild.
That being said,
>the console really doesn't have many great exclusives going for it
>great
Well, be careful with your words. Not many truly great games exist. But, Switch already has a better library than every console ever, sans PS1, GBA, DS, SNES and maybe Gamecube, only 2.5 years in. And compared to its contemporaries it's a blowout.
>XBOX
Uhhh Killer Instinct is about it (maybe Forza Horizon?)
>PS4
Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, and Astrobot Rescue Mission

Cope better snoy

>he bought a Wii U

>Switch already has a better library than every console ever,
And what metric are you using for this? Every time someone has made this claim, they always follow it up with something retarded, like "metacritic says the games are good, and theyre always right" or "sales automatically make a game good". If THOSE are your best metrics for game quality, then you are no better than a clickbait game journalist who shills his trash on every website.

Becuase the Switch is actually a good system.
I own a Wii U, don't (You) me.

99% of people didn't own a WiiU or even knows it exists. To most these are new games along with some other new games.

You get to play multiplants and nintendo exclusive games + portability
the wiiu only had nintendo games
is not big brain shit
still not have w101,3d land tho

>please write an essay evaluating the entire library of every console ever to justify your claim
even if I could be bothered to do so, this thread would be gone by then anyways
You're not wrong that metacritic or sales figures are poor arguments. But, that is just a strawman that you contrived for yourself. The quality of a game can't really be made into a metric much less the quality of a library.

>Rainbow Curse to Star Allies
>3D World to Odyssey
>Mario Maker to Mario & Rabbids
At least fix those three/six game slots.

>But, that is just a strawman that you contrived for yourself.
Are you willing to argue that no group of fanboys has ever shilled a game specifically with metacritic and sales numbers? Have we so easily forgotten the "HAHA SONY WON 100 MILLION PS4'S SOLD" threads? Not even mentioning the BOTW metacritic score shilling.

To say that this is a strawman and that nobody has ever used metacritic in their shilling just demonstrates that you have not seen Yea Forums for the past 2 years.

Because they've never known any good games, any more stupid questions?

>But, Switch already has a better library than every console ever
You misspelled worse

Same reason we are happy to pay out the ads to stand for hours in line for an iPhone or a Disney World experience. It's Nintendo. They have great titles, services, and nostalgia. It's a fun machine. I fully grant the original Switch was a shitty compromise design between home console & true portable, but history tells us you have to really really fuck up on hardware to lose if you're Nintendo. Wii U wasn't even a full fledged gaming tablet & confused everyone with the usual fragmentation naming scheme. But the brand stands & they did do some major things like open it up to 3rd party development & indie titles. The Switch Lite is going to be a beast even without that Japanese clamshell cover. Nintendo is the rightful ruler of handhelds.

>Same reason we are happy to pay out the ads to stand for hours in line for an iPhone or a Disney World experience.
Mindless consumerism?

I bought a Wii U day one and all of you fucking apologists can go fuck yourself on a rake

Sure, the console is good to pick up used now, but you faggots like to completely gloss over the months and sometimes years between all of those games in the OP image, where the Switch gets shit at a near constant rate. I bought everything worth a goddamn on Wii U, and had to buy third party shit like Ninja Gaiden and Sonic All Star Racing to justify the fucking console and keep it from collecting dust. Even fucking virtual console games were like once every couple weeks.

It's comfy as fuck as a console. I love playing handheld and then on my TV. Also lots of indie titles to enjoy

Lol. Partially, yes. But providing a pleasant & convenient experience with stellar marketing is a business cornerstone you can't underestimate. The poor hardware design choices bother me a lot. I could build a better system & I'm not even very good. But ultimately it's about how people feel about the total consumer experience, yeah. You have a point. That counts for a lot though in the end.

It literally got a great new exclusive today.

And what happened, Smash DLC?

everybody who realized it stopped talking about it, and the people who haven't realized it don't shut up
one game comes out each quarter that people latch on to and it tricks them into thinking it's worth the price

>that comparison image
super smash brothers 4 wii u is hot trash my dudity dude

Attached: harvey.png (236x249, 116K)

> Mario Maker 2, MUA3, Three Houses, and Astral Chain all in two months

Seethe more

>3 cinematic experiences and Mario Maker

I mean, this was the Ps4's primary problem: style over substance. I don't see why the Switch is getting a pass.