Shopping Cart - never!

Shopping Cart - never!

Attached: epic roadmap.jpg (601x278, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SteamDB/status/1167487329616957441
twitter.com/galyonkin/status/1122286978425327616
youtube.com/watch?v=PPpAg6IePGU
youtube.com/watch?v=nGuRBdob1kw
gamewatcher.com/news/humankind-epic-stadia-exclusive
towropes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they'll add it when nintendo does.

nice deflection chink
free hong kong

What does a console have to do with PC?

the unreal engine marketplace has had a shopping cart for years. its the same launcher too.

How fucking hard is it to add a shopping cart? I can order edible flowers for my dog's wedding from some no-name shoppe in podunk west carokentucky and THEY have a shopping cart.

Attached: 1398367550956.png (640x635, 2.11M)

Kentucky is a really tech savvy state. The chinese can't compete.

Retards who defend epic are mostly consolecuckolds.

>shopping cart?
>you want that?
>can't add that!
>shopping carts must be bad now!

Attached: Screenshot_19.png (736x626, 309K)

How many millions of dollars will it cost Epic to add a shopping cart?

Attached: xD4Q8oO.jpg (1366x768, 66K)

Tim's not adding it because he thinks its a meme at this point.

As long as assholes keep buying Epics games, what incentive do they have to change or improve? I sincerely hope no one here is dumb enough to fall for that.

I meant how many millions will epic have to spend on other people's games before they finally add a cart

Ironic how the shills claim that steam is so bad because they got a monopoly and stagnated as a result, yet the exact same thing is now happening to Epic. They're making so much money on fortnite that they don't need anyone and can just buy up exclusives, bypassing customers entirely. Furthermore they don't even need to improve their service or storefront. They can stagnate because they have the money to not care.

Yet I'm supposed to root for them?

They could easily add a shopping cart if they wanted to. The only reason they haven't is because there's only one game on their platform that's worth a damn, and it's free.

but that'd be too difficult to implement to the game store

No, the real irony is that Steam
>hasn't bought exclusives
>became number one through constantly improving and offering consumers a good product
>became number one by offering developers a good platform to sell games from
>continues improve to this day

as long as they operate like this it's not a matter of money but a matter of time

Attached: 1558011483249.png (614x813, 313K)

>We can only add a few games every week

Attached: Epic BLUNDER.jpg (407x158, 19K)

Is this real?

>twitter.com/SteamDB/status/1167487329616957441
>Valve is working on a new Steam Labs experiment which plans on improving search page with more filters and infinite scrolling. New filters include hiding owned/ignored/wished games, and possibly a max price control.
>infinite scrolling

DEFEND THIS STEAM DRONES

Attached: pepe_laugh.gif (360x346, 170K)

What's so bad about that?

Will I finally be able to search for single player games and NOT GET MOTHER FUCKING MULTIPLAYER GAMES IN MY SEARCH RESULTS?!

Realisticlly: What's the process to implementing a Shopping Cart to their webzone?

Whats wrong with this, chink?

I see good progress with good feature

Attached: fds.jpg (1000x883, 110K)

yes

Attached: Screenshot_29.png (697x849, 257K)

the shill got rekt

Raise publicity before shipping it, but I guess you knew that already.

>muh choopin card
it takes like 10 seconds to purchase 1 item, how lazy can you niggers be? is your burger internet so shit you need to purchase everything in bulk?

Dude, that's tag inclusion. The problem is games are tagged as single player AND multiplayer simultaneously and searching for single player games gets multiplayer results as well. Look for yourself. Something like 50-75% of all multiplayer games that aren't MMOs are also tagged single player because you can technically play them alone for some of the game if you want to.

Attached: 1309369660652.png (455x451, 59K)

Its not, the last time I implemented one for a project it took about 3 weeks. Most of that time was waiting for 3rd party integrations to get their shit together.

yep
twitter.com/galyonkin/status/1122286978425327616

free tibet

>Most of that time was waiting for 3rd party integrations to get their shit together.

I wonder if that's what's slowing the updates to the epic store down?

>buy multiple games on sale in a short period
>get autobanned
>contact epic support to reverse it
>they accidentally dox you

Attached: 1532991253770.jpg (611x457, 53K)

If shopping carts are so good, why doesnt steam have one?

the backend probably can't scale
one of the things shitdevs like about new store spaces opening up is reduced competition.

>accidentally

Attached: 1419029908461.gif (512x373, 1.19M)

In all seriousness though, 30% flat rate is a lot. I understand how much dev's would have to pay to distribute the game themselves to the kind of userbase steam has, along with the breadth of its features but there really should be a system in place that lowers the share. For example, after one successful game, the next games will only take a 20% hit.

Do not attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence, or whatever the quote is. Epic was a failing company that stumbled onto a gold mine. They're worse than gamefreak.

>not realizing he was shitting on both

>30% flat rate is a lot
In what universe?

Hanlon's Razor goes as follows:
Do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. However I've adopted my own razor. Do not attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by greed.

Attached: 1301760769941.png (210x230, 2K)

You got the quote mostly right but forgot the ending. It's "Do not attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence... the first time"

>As long as assholes keep buying steam games, what incentive do they have to change or improve? I sincerely hope no one here is dumb enough to fall for that.

Attached: 1558878996133.jpg (432x231, 38K)

you think gamestop sells their games for a 30% profit?

Probably. It's the standard cut for Ninty, Sony, and MS for all console games as well.

Gamestop doesn't sell much of anything anymore. Except Funko pop shit.

gamespot is literally on the verge of going out of business so I wouldn't use them as an example of anything except another company that didn't adapt to trends and technology, just like blockbuster

>Gamestop
>The dying company
What kind of strawman is this? At least strawman with Nintendo, or Sony, or Microsoft who as I recall all take 30%

Then put multiplayer in the excluded tags field.

Much less than an indie exclusive

I didn't see that. Cheers.

i just used a generic retailer, if you wanna be that way then just replace gamestop with amazon

It's true that the publishers make a lot less per sale in retail but the retailer doesn't make a whole lot.

Attached: 1453317356096.jpg (526x319, 34K)

Amazon uses razor thin margins and always have. It's what propelled them to the status they have right now. By operating on such a thin line they edged out all of the competition everywhere and now they can continue to work with those margins because they're the only game in town. Amazon is literally a HUGE outlier in the market because they operate on a scale and a philosophy that no other company can realistically do at this time.

Amazon takes 30% on digital game sales through them.

source

Me faggot. I have a game on there.
No I won't shill

Amazon sells Steam keys and you think Amazon is taking the 30% in this scenario?

Attached: 1275820172189.png (314x375, 7K)

literally not a source

They don't only sell steam keys dork.

It's not a lot but there can be additional incentives for the developer at this point. These guys make the games themselves and they can't stop themselves from going "I made this entire game and that fucking valve is taking 30 cents on every dollar off of MY hard work!"

True, they aren't conscious of how much work valve has done and continues to do but valve isn't in a position where the NEED 30% flat rate for all eternity. Not saying it shouldn't start at 30 but there should be some means of lowering it.

So they're selling PS4 games. (Sony takes 30%).
Or Xbox games (Microsoft takes 30%).
Or Switch games (Nintendo takes 30%).

Fucking explain to me where in the living fuck you think Amazon is taking 30% and still selling the games at the same price everywhere else is.

They already have ways of doing that. They could even self-publish if they wanted. Since they think Valve doesn't deserve any percentage of that money, it should be easy for them to self-publish.

>spend money on exclusives and giveaways
>can't even spend money to build a proper fucking store
I'd be very surprised if EGS is actually turning a profit, Fortnite excluded of course.

>and they can't stop themselves from going "I made this entire game and that fucking valve is taking 30 cents on every dollar of of MY hard work!"
Who is forcing them to release on Steam? I don't understand this logic. They are more than free to make 100% of all the profits by selling the games themselves. They want to bet with the big leagues then they pay the entrance fee.

70% of something is better than 100% of fuck all. Everyone with a brain knows this. If these developers had confidence in their product and could figure out how to sell it and market it on their own they would do just that. Look at fucking Mojang. They're incompetent at just about everything and yet somehow they still managed to sell their game on their own until they finally cashed a fat check from Microsoft.

youtube.com/watch?v=PPpAg6IePGU

OH NO NO NO NO STEAMDRONES
LOOK AT ALL THESE GOOD GAMES WE'RE GETTING

So basically it ironically boils down to self entitlement from developers.

>8 unique games
>8
>EIGHT

Attached: Takamura laugh 3.png (500x498, 288K)

valve should increase the cut to 50% and ban devs that talk about it

So many of these games looks almost indistinguishable from one another. It's like there's a formula for soulless millenial art design.

Attached: 1405736787959.jpg (550x733, 50K)

>8 good games compared to 100 trash games
COPE

One of those games came from the mind of the Katamari dude. Get fucked drones.

>good games
Literally looks like the worst indie trash LMFAO

Unless it's the composer from Katamari I don't give a fuck. You have no argument to combat the point. They're worthless trash with modern university game design veneer.

Attached: 1543463107927.jpg (3500x2940, 441K)

Is Epic already running out of money? It's just indie games and a compilation of mobile games.

Superliminal looks like it might be fun if they do it right. Everything else looks whatever. I really don't understand why Epic bothers snatching up everything and everything. They're so desperate for that "market share" that they're throwing money into a fire.

I don't know amazon's exact figures when it comes to splits/fees etc but it's mindblowing how few people understand this concept. EGS really wants to do this but they don't have a good enough service to pull it off.

I'm gonna give the EGS shills some food for thought, what if valve reduced their split to 8%? Would it be possible for a new company or existing company to compete with valve knowing they have the largest market share, the best service and the best split (outside of publishers publishing games on their own store)? If valve did that they would force every company smaller than them to drop their split as well or come up with some kind of alternative revenue stream like subscriptions or fortnite.

Seething.

Superliminal and Manifold are going to be kino. Not to mention this gem is coming out:
youtube.com/watch?v=nGuRBdob1kw

>30% flat rate is a lot
Agree to disagree. 50% is a lot. 30% is that sweet spot where it's neither too little nor too much for both respective parties. The only reason this discussion even came about is because Epic has the money to forgo that unspoken rule and say "Fuck it".

Poor analogy incoming, if I decided to sell something well below the expected price, it does not retroactively make every existing sellers villains. Nor am I a hero for doing so. At best, it makes me a reckless retard for disregarding the rules in the first place.

katamari damacy is fucking stupid
keita takahashi also got involved in that playdate scam.

You're the only one here seething, fucko. You're not going to be able to fool anyone here. Try a different site. Believe it or not people here actually play good games from time to time so we know the fucking difference.

Attached: 1291950513910.jpg (285x290, 24K)

I think he's baiting us user.

These games look like the trash that's flooding steam at the moment. The devs should be proud they got some money out of epic with this garbage

Ironic shillposting is still shillposting.

I suspect his post was ironic.

i know it's probably just the epic bias speaking but can someone explain why these somehow all look the same?

It baffles me how Tim Swiney is willing to blow apparently infinite money into stealing exclusives and giving free bribe games, but refuses to sspend a couple thousand bucks into making the shop less shitty. It doesn't have fucking achievements for fuck's sake, who the fuck wants to play a videogame in 2019 that doesn't have achievements to unlock?

His customers are literal retards with no standards. Improving their experience with features and convenience would be a waste of money according to Timmy.

At this point I wonder if this is a social experiment
>Let's see how many suckers we can get by offering a completely inferior experience, insulting them, and trying to get a monopoly by throwing around millions of dollars worth of bribes and fucking over literally everyone in the world

>2010
>ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>2019
>ironic shillposting is still shitposting

They said it never changes around here. Id say they where half right.

This is the reality you're in steamdrones. Tick tock tick tock.

gamewatcher.com/news/humankind-epic-stadia-exclusive

because modern indie devs aren't original, they just copy shit from older indie devs

I'm never going to use epic because I find exclusivity deals disgusting, but why is a shopping cart so important to people?

He literally said 'developers will decide who wins the store wars'. He has no reason to spend money to improve the customer experience since he truly believes that. The devs get the exclusivity money and you get the honor of buying their games, nothing more.

Shopping carts refused to be an Epic Games Store exclusive, so they decided the feature did not meet their standards of quality.

Attached: square.jpg (720x500, 157K)

Stadia is a bigger threat to egs than steam actually, steam will be able to adapt but what will egs do? Even their biggest exclusive, borderlands 3 is on stadia
If I had to choose between egs and stadia I would just stadia every time

so they can make multiple purchases during sales and not have to manually do all of the accounting
i imagine it's especially useful for children that get gifted money at like 50 dollar increments for holidays

Alright Yea Forums let's play a game. Find the shittiest most outdated website you can buy shit from and see if it has shopping cart.

Attached: 1429472516330.gif (419x313, 2.84M)

if tim can't get this worked out soon i am going to contact paul graham and tell him there's a sucker in need of a common lisp codebase he can't hire programmers to maintain

So you won't have to individually purchase gsmes during sales and bundles/packages can be a thing. Some sorry asshats actually bought stuff individually during their last sale and the store auto-banned them because they were suspiciously buying too many games. EGS is a fucking joke.

That's probably why Steam opened the floodgates in the first place. All of these other storefronts/subscription service/streaming shit all curated stores and they're all scrambling competing with each other to bag that next big exclusive. All the little guys are going to get left in the dust which means Steam is going to be there to like the barely warm bridge hobos live under during Fall.

Like people complain about non-curation but everyone knows this was eventually going to happen. There are just way too many fucking games now, like a genuine absurd amount, and at some point a storefront needed to step up and accept them all.

this right here is the single most absurdly baffling thing about EGS

you'd think they'd have made automated uploads a priority

doesn't EGS have "infinite" scrolling

I don't give a fuck if Steam sells 100x more games than it does as long as I get some god damned more robust tools to search for the games I do want to play. Put the buying power in the hands of the customers and the business runs itself.

It's a convenience thing that's widely common in the industry. It's kinda like showing up to a job interview with your shoes untied, sure it doesn't take away from your skillset but it makes you look like you cut corners or omit doing things everyone expects for no reason.

Would you accept Chinese shekels if you were to publish a game?

this
I stopped getting angry at Epic like two months in, my back log is just too big
but google is fucking cancer and they're the biggest evil there is

The other side of that is that if steam were to refuse a lot of indie devs they would call steam a walled garden, it happened back before steam added greenlight and devs would complain that their livelyhood depended on whether steam accepted their game.

Valve does not take a cut from key sales outside of Steam

Burn bridges with my customers for a short-term payout? Absolutely not.

Developers have the option to request keys for free to use and sell at their own discretion. Amazon does not. Amazon has to buy those keys FROM STEAM BECAUSE AMAZON DIDN'T MAKE THOSE FUCKING GAMES. How fucking stupid are you?

if you mean would i literally take money from a chinese company then yes
if you mean would i do anything in return then no

towropes.com/

yeah sure it's not like I'd be making games for the love of it

Why do you need to buy more than one game at a time? Sounds like you have too much time and money on your hands.

amazon doesn't buy keys you retard. publishers sell keys on amazon, which they get for free.

Amazon likely buys the keys from publishers, not Steam

And according to you Amazon takes 30% of this?

Before Steam, the publisher split was 55%. 30% on digital and all of the services Steam provides to both developer and customer is fucking charitable.

How much of a fucking disaster is the backend of EGS? Adding new items to a store in 2019 shouldn't be some arcane magic that you have to have 50 warlocks do a 12 hour ritual to accomplish.

Attached: 1562517598581.png (349x427, 168K)

>why is having air conditioning important for a vehicle? You can just roll down the window!
Jokes aside, apart from the convenience factor, it's a humorous deal because a shopping cart is one of those staple features that's expected from the get-go. It's like not having a search bar or basic filter options (Latest/Oldest product, etc). To make matters worse, at least from my pov, Epic placed this feature on their roadmap, implicitly suggesting it to be some difficult task worthy of being an announcement. It's just stupid.

Steamfag here. I gotta be honest, the shopping cart thing isn't really a big deal. I mean, seasonal sales and bulk-DLC purchases aside, most of the stuff I buy is single items. Not that it necessarily excuses Epic, but I think the importance of the cart is blown out of proportion.

Attached: 1560442210971.png (1484x674, 632K)

Never make it difficult for the customer to give you money. It's one of the most important rules in business.
Every single time the customer clicks checkout and they have to go back to the store you're giving them more time to rethink about each purchase.

30% for physical products is a huge amount, Digital, where the Production costs are next to none, isn't that crazy

>Article that goes completely against what was actually said in the interview.
>Conveniently doesn't link interview either

Is this like OneAngryIncel Jr?

>GC: You joked about it in the demo, but would you really consider becoming an Epic Games Store exclusive?
>JS: [laughs] Everybody’s been in touch. I mean, all of a sudden, in the last 18 months, we’ve had Stadia, we’ve had Epic Games, we’ve had the new console generation announced… there are so many options. That’s why we’re trying to simplify and say, ‘Look, right now we’re going to make a really good PC game’.

>GC: Would you consider not doing it purely so as to not upset fans?
>JS: Frankly, if somebody comes in and says, ‘Hey, do you want $25 million and we’ll make you an exclusive?’ We’re going to go [makes the face anyone would make if offered $25 million].

>GC: I’m not sure it’d be quite that much. [laughs] >JS: [laughs] Right! But we are a for-profit organisation and you have to assume the consequences of that. But right now we’ve had a great relationship with Steam for eight years. There’s a lot of other options out there… of course we’re talking to them. Of course you have marketing visits from people. But I don’t even know, marketing doesn’t, she’s PR [points to PR woman] and she doesn’t know… We’re talking to everybody, but I would hate to ruin our relationship with Steam or make the community angry. Thankfully I just do the writing and a bit of design. That’s not my responsibility. [laughs]

I can't imagine why anyone who doesn't want to support EGS would care about a shopping cart anyway. It just sounds like like they want to buy things in bulk from that shitass markeplace.

>Two weeks prior to Borderlands
>Still no achievements

I look forward to 2K bitching about no one buying cosmetics because everyone stopped playing after story end.

Oh I was playing that earlier. The free, launcherless, predpaid version though. Really odd game. Not sure why it exists.

>I think the importance of the cart is blown out of proportion.
It's not that it's important and Epic is shit because they don't have one. It's that it's an industry standard QoL feature and Epic is shit for not having something so basic. Like the other user said, it's like not having a search bar.

it's the same shit as consoles and the google playstore, it's an industry standard that other businesses can capitalize on

it's not really about the cart itself, it's about EGS lacking such a fundamentally basic feature and being proud of it for some reason

EGS didn't have a search bar at launch either, it took them like 3-4 months to add one

30% makes mass sales economical to Valve and one of the best forms of marketing for indie devs is having people iffy on their older games giving them a go at 75% off and seeing if they like it enough to buy their new games day one.

well they also only had like 10 games

We're going to get mid 7th gen all over again. Now to wait for them to return to DRM so intrusive paid players can't fucking play it then have them bitch about everyone pirating shit.

I wonder if Stadia is going to completely cuck Epic in terms of exclusivity.

Fortnite and UE are big but Google is literally just a step away from becoming a dystopian tech dictator.

no idiot, its clearly UNREAL

Attached: 1412390810112.png (691x470, 413K)

Stadia is going to crash and burn. I see fuck all defenders of it anywhere and anyone who can afford the internet for it and full price games can afford to just build a god damn PC.

i'm sure epic's more than happy to take a percentage cut from licensees' stadia sales, just like they are sales on consoles.

Unless Google has developer legitimate tachyon technology nobody is ever going to enjoy the experience.

Doesn't matter if it crashes and burns. They're going to cause a complete clusterfuck of madness first before going down. Which is to say all the exclusivity deals they can bag.

it'll launch, have some issues then those issues will get solved and people will pick it up over time as 5G rolls out and people get access to better internet

>and people get access to better internet

That's supposed to have been happening for the last decade and yet hasn't.

it will die but not due to a lack of novelty seeking weirdos that think anything new is good, because there are definitely those people floating around

it's happening slowly but surely, people in rural areas in america are pretty fucked though

Seinfeld bass line plays at 192 dB
good movie

Attached: sitcomguy.png (573x489, 432K)

it'll go the way of Google Glass and Google+

It happened for like 6 months, then it stopped, and now we are back to where we started. The only positive is that data caps, which were beginning to get momentum, were largely killed in response to Google and it's threat of reasonable pricing on superior speeds.

I hope they don't stop with this method. Heavily curated is how Steam was, then whatever the fuck happened to their sales and stores games in 2012 onward has been total fuck.

manually uploading files has nothing to do with curation, it's just creating extra work and actively hindering development on other features

funny how epic is supposedly le champion against monopolies when their complete unwillingness to bother with a basic feature like a fucking shopping cart is exactly characteristic of a monopolistic company who doesnt improve shit because no one has any other options so who cares.

Depends if my studio/team is literally on the verge of collapse. Casual and core gamers have a shit memory and/or are poorly educated on the industry side of things so it doesn't really matter if at best a 1000 fags on Yea Forums get permanently mad at me. For example, it took Fallout 76 to finally break the "Bethesda magic" illusion, after all these years of poorly crafted games with a barely functioning engine.

To be fair when people can't fix the game with mods the honeymoon ended. If 76 came with the ability to make private servers and mod them it would have been a different story.

reality: everyone throws shit at bethesda buying fallout after interplay's implosion, because bethesda has a terrible reputation
your fantasy: everyone thought bethesda had finely crafted software until last year

>it took Fallout 76 to finally break the "Bethesda magic" illusion, after all these years of poorly crafted games with a barely functioning engine.

Or Pokemon being shit since XY yet it took Masuda cutting off the last corner to get people angry not that it's going to sell any worse because Pokefags will eat up anything. I mean even Star Wars fans let Solo bomb after TLJ.

Just found out that goose game is Epic exclusive. I am slightly annoyed.

Go on, lad. This one's on me.

people have been sucking off Skyrim for almost a decade now

The best example for me is that people are turning around and saying No Man's Sky is good now just because it got a few updates. Gamers are suckers and will forgive you for anything.

people like skyrim, user
it doesn't make your delusions true
people that like bethesda's games know they are jank
i liked troika's games even though every single one of them was fucking broken

But Randybros, I thought our Barely Legal Magic Lover said ebin will have all the features by the time of Borderlands 3 release?
Alright, we gotta fortify our shilling now, WE HAVE TO PROTECT EXCLUSIVES GAME STORE FROM TOXIC GAYMERS AND CIS STEAM USERS! WHO'S WITH ME?

you guys will never understand how mentally ill trying to make a big deal out of randy having legal pornography on a thumb drive sounds

t. Randy

>legal pornography
ok Randy

get treatment for your schizophrenia

finally

Randy please we just want to help, it's a sickness

this reminds me of a comparison of quake and unreal tournament I saw
where even if you liked unreal tournament and thought it looked great, behind the scenes the code was really messy and was barely held together
while quake was a much cleaner and because of that most of its source code can still be found in modern games

unreal is the most widely licensed engine in the industry

So far Steam labs is pretty cool, specially the game recommendations tool. I hope they develop them more.

>Manifold Garden
>Superliminal
>Airborne Kingdom
shame I actually had those on my steam whishlist

they are literally a billion dollar company, they could use one of their quan chi develovers team to do it

I'm probably one of the few that found Steam Labs to be redundant, but more having more options is nice. Never quite understood the demand for more filters when even the bare bones "ignore" button is more than sufficient over time.

that doesn't mean it's not a mess, it just means it has good marketing and they'll sell a license to anyone who asks

they're not investing in EGS at all beyond cutting checks to no-name indie developers, apparently

Money for big games ran out quick, thus why Borderlands 3 is only 6 months.

Thanks to Tim, I can pirate a bunch of games completely guilt free! What a guy. What a fantastic human being, giving free money to game devs for no reason at all.

Attached: ffy0le7rkd431.png (696x493, 335K)

I think distributor overhead in almost every industry you care to name is higher than 30%

The interactive recommender is pretty amazing desu. I've wishlisted/bought ten games because of that one.

What would be even better if there was a way for Valve to make that algorithm cover ALL your games. I doubt it'll happen but imagine if GoG Galaxy for example and consider all your games from all the different platforms on there, and suddenly you can use the Interactive Recommender from Steamlabs to take into account literally every platform and every game you own to fine tune its recommendations even more.

Sweeny is a fucking brsinlette

>people are making fun of us for not having a shopping cart
>everyone who criticizes us is wrong or arguing in bad faith
>therefore we don't need a shopping cart

Be honest Yea Forums. Even If Epic didn't bought publishers and just did a better service that Steam - lower prices, better UI, larger refund policies, etc etc - would you still do use it? I have a 12y Steam account with a fuck ton of games it's not $5 off that is going to make me move. Tim knows this very well.

Attached: 1567228440284.jpg (1427x1754, 174K)

but then you're also excluding games like bioshock 2 where the multiplayer doesn't matter at all yet it's gonna have the tag anyway

Cheers Tim!

Nintendo has shopping carts for your physical games retard

Attached: Mario_header_3.0.jpg (940x470, 167K)

Flat out if they were genuinely offering a better product and weren't just buying exclusivity while callously saying things like the consumer only cares about where their games are, not how good the client is- I would probably use it from time to time. I would probably still mainly use steam seeing as I have most of my library on there and it's just convenient, but I would consider using Epic. I still usually think about buying games on GoG if they're actually available there.

Instead, they are trying to gouge the market, and in response to anyone going "hey the practice of exclusivity is going to fuck us over in the long run we don't want at least improve your client" they just get all entitled and defensive.

It would be incredibly easy to add a cart, they just want to prove that you don't have to pander to customers to get their business.

Like it or not they are correct.

I have EGS installed because it's not super intrusive and gives out free games. For the price of free, I'll use it. I bought one game on it, and never again. It's a horrible web browser wrapper (steam is too) but it performs insanely horribly, and nevermind shopping carts, if they can make it fucking scroll well maybe that would be a fucking start. It's very poorly made.

Now if it was a better product I would just use both, but prefer new games on EGS.

are they? Only Satisfactory has released actual sales figures, and they won't say if that's including the copies Epic bought themselves

I'd be more inclined to use their launcher for the 2-3 games I care about on it. I wouldn't 'main' it, but $100 is $100, and it's $100 which they aren't getting with their current bullshit. I mean, I already use Origin for a couple of things, I'm not completely unfamiliar with the idea of opening a different launcher when I want to play something exclusive to that launcher, and I wouldn't care half as much about the exclusives if the launcher was actually worth a fuck.

I would also be less mad about it if they secured those exclusives before they were announced as releases on other platforms.

>Like it or not they are correct.
That's why nobody but randy is doing business with EGS.uh?

They're pulling a Blizzard, resting on fortnite to counter their retardation.

No, because Steam has regional pricing.
Turns out that extra 12% for developers is not going to customers in any form so I'll stay in the cheaper platform.
I'm also concerned about privacy because nigga they all chinese.

Yes, totally. I would use it if not for all the bullshit Timmy is pulling out.
I seek for the best deal to me, not for exclusives. This is why I have many games bought outside of Steam. 100 games on GOG, some on Origin (thanks to Origin subscripton), some on Uplay (these are not bought through Steam, Ubisoft made a system for exchanging coins you get for playing games for discounts and shit), some on MS Store (there were some bugs that made games cost almost nothing in certain regions, and Microsoft let you keep the games even after fixing the bugs).
As for Epic Games Store? Aside their shitty exclusivity practices there was no good deals for me whatsoever, even on their shitty summer sale. I mean, where's the guarantee that those games on EGS won't be even cheaper when the time for exclusivity deal comes to an end?

No, for the reasons you've said. However, I wouldn't be as hesitant in using their services for situations like their free game promotions or better discounts. That's effectively what Humble Bundle is right now in my case. It's all about providing more options for consumers.

Steam is never going away. Wanting to wipe it off the market is as childish as wanting to wipe away Amazon or Google. It's baffling to me that Epic is so obsessed with this goal as if the idea of co-existence is shameful. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the scenario you've presented. But if they aren't #1, it isn't good enough. That's chink mentality in a nutshell, or simple, plain greed.

It's not bribing publishers for games that I don't really care about in the first place that's going to make me move either.

I would have used even if it was barebones as it is now it if they weren't such complete pieces of shit.

I have no desire for another store. EGS makes plenty enough from fortnite and unreal, they couldve gone full speed in game development. That unironically wouldve netted better profits for them

Ask me if I give a flying fuck.

I would move, I already have a uplay account, a bnet account and an origin account. I would be using the xbox store too but that shit isn't available in my region, I was incredibly pissed when I found out I couldn't try out the pass for $1 because of that. The reasons I don't use EGS are because I don't agree with tim's philosophy on storefronts, his business model and the way the store is developing. I'm not a hard person to please but tim does less than the bare minimum AND he acts smug about it, those are the kinds of people I avoid. If you put him in the same room as people like jeff bezos, bill gates, and gabe he would be the most immature and unwise fucker in the room.

You know it surprises me they didn't do this months ago, I wonder what type of schizophrenic response the local Epic chink will say to justify this.

Wakaliwood from Uganda, those guys who do those ridiculous action movies on a 100$ budget, have one in their store.

>New filters include hiding owned/ignored/wished games, and possibly a max price control.
Finally.

The absolute state

it probably has to due with some ancient Chinese sorcery that involves hundreds of thousands of chinks dying to get the needed materials

>retailer makes 25% in that very graph
Wow so far away from the terrible 30

Yes. How hard is that to understand?

If the prices were better and the launcher itself was vastly improved then yeah, I'd probably use it

Imagine for a second that all the they blew on exclusive deals, would have gone into developing new games. Mental.

Attached: 1562142643060.jpg (763x740, 94K)

Reminder that the discord store had a lower cut than egs but the price was unsustainable so discord got rid of the store
Perfect race to the bottom scenario

You will take the allotted one item per transaction like a good comrade. Buying multiple items is capitalist decadence.