What is the first game you ever rented?

what is the first game you ever rented?

Attached: 220px-Megaman2_box.jpg (220x305, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hX75X2fOwpw
youtube.com/watch?v=CFISy-i9ssE
youtube.com/watch?v=F6recy0fxTM
youtube.com/watch?v=GGy0ptXnRYw
youtu.be/ZONUS-iFf18
youtu.be/fzATD1D6yyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mario part 2

Ironically it was Mega Man 2, from a weird little shitty rental place called videomagic. Fuck Crashman. I think I also rented Battle of Olympus and Crysalis.

Might have actually been mega man 2.
I rented that game enough times that I still don't know why my parents didn't just buy the damn thing for me.

That book was surprisingly dark. Not as nuts as the Doom books (the first 2 anyway, what the fuck happened in 3 and 4?) But still cool.

Attached: 1727-1.png (855x855, 1.78M)

Why is Light hiding being Crash Man?

>Game I most rented

Attached: Ninja.jpg (192x262, 21K)

i love that game, it needs to come to steam.

i'm playing mega man 2 right now after playing mega man 1. which was extremely difficult, whereas 2 has been really easy. not a bad game though.

First game I can remember renting was Mortal Kombat II on Sega Genesis
I had to have been 5 or 6

Yeah, Megaman 1 is pretty tough, due to it being pretty rough in the polish department. 2 is one of the easier games, and 3 is arguably easier. 7 has its tough moments, and 9 is pretty hard all around.

You should play it on arcade emulator though

i don't think i ever played anything past 3 as kid, so I'm interested to see where it goes, I guess the newer ones have some story elements to them aside from fighting bosses. wonder how weird it gets.

Mega Man 5 or 6

Actually, it's a pretty consistent series. Especially the rest of the NES games. They just get more polished with time. 4, 6, and 11 are my personal favorites, but there are no bad classic mega man titles.

>rent game
>forget to return it
Well, looks like it's mine forever and I'm never renting anything else again.

Attached: final_fight_p_aeckvw.jpg (640x474, 62K)

MK2 was traded for the Mario that came on my Super Nintendo. It was a pirated copy but still cant regret

Is a shame we couldn't rent arcades back in the 80's

Metal Gear Solid 2 from the Hollywood Video

Don't remember what the first was, but this was among them. Had already played Double Dragon at a friend's house, this one didn't really do it for me.

Attached: nes_renegade_2.jpg (640x560, 34K)

>Earliest that I can remember
Mega Man Soccer at Blockbuster

Probably one of the Mega Man titles or SMB3. I remember renting a number of NES games from the little grocery store in town -- Puss in Boots, Little Nemo, Back to the Future... Mostly traded with friends since we all had different games. Played Crystalis, Adventures of Bayou Billy, 8 Eyes, and a shitton more just by swapping around the neighborhood.

Attached: Crusader of Centy.png (270x370, 211K)

I was 10 when I rented this and I'm 21 now. Never got to play the old ones but I loved this game so much I rented it 3 or 4 times

Attached: 220px-Ape_Escape_3_Coverart.png (220x304, 127K)

This wasn’t mine, but I do remember seeing it for the first time at Albertsons and being like “yes please”. Loved the first one already.
What was once the video department at Albertsons has been a dozen different things since. It’s like it was meant to be something, that something made sense, and without it that part of the store is just directionless

i also rented a lot at my albertsons back in the day, user
but after they made it the pharmacy i dont think it ever changed again
i loved that albertsons

It was either the Felix the Cat game on NES where you could get the tank or that one Jetsons game where George did this weird wiggle when you died

Dad used vidya to encourage me in school, letting me rent a game if I got a 100% on these quizzes we used to do every Friday, would buy me a game if I had an A+ on my report card, and if I had all A's he'd buy me two games

Then the dumb fucker whined and complained how I was too into video games

Attached: 1404329977335.jpg (500x372, 47K)

Attached: !!e!T6oQEGM_$(KGrHqIOKioE0qDeiF!CBNP2jEm8RQ___32.jpg (267x266, 27K)

Probably Aladdin on Sega Genesis.

I rented only because I have watched and liked the cartoon. And it was the only good game I remember they had in the rental store 2 blocks from where I live

That masterpiece. What a great game to play as a child.

Attached: aladdin-mega-driver-D_NQ_NP_600747-MLB25969515897_092017-F.jpg (640x881, 170K)

Attached: cover_large.jpg (559x768, 133K)

Crashman wasn't too much of a problem for me. I could beat all of them but Quickman.
>here's a few seconds of time stop you can only use once, be sure to use it well
>also here's some enemies you can't jump over right after the part where you'd most likely use time stop
>also you can't shoot them
>also that time stop you just used was quickman's weakness
>good luck doing that the second time now that you used all your time stop, dipshit
the concept of the level itself being designed around the boss's weakness sounds great. but the fact that you can't cancel time stop to use the rest later sucked all the fun out of lil' user's experience with that level.

From the Lucky's grocery store down the street, which is now an Albertsons.
>t. Temecula dweller since 1988

Attached: 55090-Chip_'n_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_(USA)-1456724252.jpg (334x478, 64K)

How would I remember? My most memorable rentals though are Secret of Mana, FF6, Final Fight 3 , Krusty's Playhouse, Kirby Allstars and Megaman X3

>Rent

I can't believe there's actually boomers old enough on this site to remember this shit existing. Move on gramps, it's pathetic.

Attached: 1521220088457.gif (147x162, 517K)

Jesus, I forgot I used to be able to rent videos from grocery stores and other non videostores back in the day. Fucking hell, where does the time go?

I don't remember what the first game I rented was, but River City Ransom was my favorite game.

Bubble Bobble

First and only. Don’t remember shit about it.

Attached: 8A580904-087E-43E2-932F-E35D78A3EA44.jpg (215x301, 27K)

Some NES game with badass looking Chinese warriors on the front. It turned out to be a strategy game. I was pretty bummed, until i realized how fucked i would've been if I'd gotten it for my birthday or something.
Can't remember the name. If anyone knows what it might be, I would appreciate it.

That's one of the Nintendo Online free games, I keep meaning to check it out. I grew up on beat em ups and somehow missed RCR

No idea, but my most memorable was Link's Awakening. I rented it for a roadtrip from east-coast Canada up to Ottawa to visit my relatives. Played it pretty much nonstop. What a great game. Can't wait to get the remake.

The earliest game I can remember renting is Final Fantasy II, it's possible it wasn't the first though.

Attached: BlackKnight.png (128x128, 604)

I got stuck at the Eagle's Tower and never finished it, I guess I was a brainlet child

chameleon twist from blockbuster. pure kino.

Dynowarz on NES. I beat it in one night.

your balls dropped yet?

>all these old nes renters
i thought i was the only one. my first rental was little nemo on the nes, that game was hard i remember

Same, fellow boomer. This song never got out of my head
youtu.be/hX75X2fOwpw

its amazing for how simple the nes sound was, they could do such amazing things with it
youtube.com/watch?v=CFISy-i9ssE

Attached: Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_(NA).jpg (640x905, 90K)

I cant remember exactly which one, but i assume was this one

youtube.com/watch?v=F6recy0fxTM

Attached: Chip_n_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_Coverart-5.jpg (1090x680, 183K)

That has to be the hypest NES game intro

this game and ducktales were fucking great

All the NES Disney games were dope, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, Mickey Mousecapes, even Little Mermaid

My friend, i also rented Nemo quite a lot actually.

Never managed to beat it then tough. i think between this and Rescue Rangers were the first NES games i rented.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGy0ptXnRYw

I rented it in both cities, in Colima from an old mom and pa rental house on a plaza town and then when we moved to mexicali from Macro Videocentro!

Attached: il_570xN.753029661_o95f.jpg (570x892, 97K)

WHERE MY CAPTAIN SKYHAWK BROS AT
youtu.be/ZONUS-iFf18

One favorite place i used to rented was a fricking Papeleria a few streets from my house, (Stationary Shop for you gringos).

Anyone else play this? Surprisingly good game
youtu.be/fzATD1D6yyQ

Attached: 2362155-nes_rescuetheembassymission.jpg (465x640, 45K)

>be 8
>mom is on camping trip with sisters and girlscout group for weekend
>dad takes me to pietros pizza for dinner, then to toysrus and lets me pick a game
>captain skyhawk for the next 20 hours
>mom comes home, sits us all down and says they are divorcing
i still loved that game though

I must admit the last line of that story made me burst out laughing. That sucks and I'm sorry man, but just...

it wasnt a big deal, they get along, and i spent plenty of time with both. its just i never got video games unless it was birthday or christmas, so it was so unexpected and young me had no idea something was up

It's been a while since I rented a game but i still rent movies because it's easier and faster to rent 4k movies than waiting hours to pirate it. Family video doesn't even charge more for 4k vs bluray or even dvd

Imagine being your dad. You have your son for the weekend and he's completely oblivious to the rift that's about to tear his family in half. You think well, what can I do for this boy on his last weekend in an unbroken family? You take him for pizza, he loves Pietros, or was it Dominos? You don't remember, but surely the boy loves pizza and Pietros is closer anyway. You drive there and watch him naively eating slice after slice of pepperoni and sausage, the poor bastard. What else does he like? I'm at work so often I don't even really know him, I don't even know my own son and I've lost my wife. I'm pathetic, you think as poke at the cheese hardened to your plate. What about video games? I've seen him playing the Mario game, he seems to like that well enough. You drive him to Toys'R'Us and let him pick a game, something about a pilot. Kid I hope you can pilot the next few years as well as you can pilot that jet. He spends the weekend glued to the TV, happy as a clam, and that makes you feel a little better. Reminds me of Top Gun, you think as you watch. I bet my wife would fuck Tom Cruise... Ex-wife I mean, ex-wife. Gotta get used to saying that.

Fuck you it's good

Attached: Little_Mermaid_-_1991_-_Capcom_Co.,_Ltd..jpg (959x1080, 100K)

its weird how eerily close you are. my dad worked swing shift, so i really only saw him on saturday and sundays.

>t. soulessness
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Attached: 1554843856329.jpg (245x245, 6K)

Hope the old man is doing well

rented this one allegedly for my sister and we both enjoyed it, but she wanted the barbie new game.......

I have never rented a video game

This is the first game I ever beat. I remember it being pretty fun.

Difficult to say. Could be Bubble Bobble or McKids.

Attached: 220px-M.C._Kids_cover.png (220x310, 125K)

I first started renting for the SNES. What was first I absolutely cannot say for sure.
I remember renting Young Merlin, Ogre Battle(and the cart was broken, this was after waiting for it to show up for months,) Actraiser, the Mickey and Minnie games, and even Stunt Race FX at one point.
Actraiser definitely surprised me the most. I got it not sure what to expect and loved the fuck out of it.

I got some weird ass GBA game, I remember you were on an island or something and it was some sort of adventure game with multiple characters, the view was top down and it had a kind of dark pallet, I haven't a fucking clue what the name was or anything, hell I didn't even know what the fuck I was doing when I was playing it I was like fucking 4.

I think it was streets of rage 3, really hated the fact that some old geezer replaced Max.

Sonic 3

Rented, some random no name game with robots
Owned, Zelda One

The first pikmin

Super Monkey Ball 2