Holy fuck why is this game so complicated

Holy fuck why is this game so complicated
I spent a day just trying to get basic shit done only to be spawn killed by zombies at night, who the fuck thought this was good game design? Seriously? The UI is fucking trash and theirs wayyy too many fucking ores to keep up with. You’re better off just sticking to Minecraft. Can’t believe Yea Forums memed me into buying another shitty game yet again.

Fuck this stupid fucking game.

Attached: 1B0F0DA2-3134-4866-9056-F2165B4C4AAF.jpg (240x240, 24K)

What the fuck are you doing wrong.

You literally just chop down trees and make a box out of anything you can find. Not even wood just anything.

Plus torches aren't hard to get.

Zombies can't even break down doors outside of blood moons.

Agreed. It’s zoomer trash but then again so is Minecraft. Literally the only approved one to play is Don’t Starve.

Make a wooden yo-yo. Explore for chests for loot and get better weapons as you progress and do bosses. That’s it

No. You die from fall damage and fucking monsters in the dark you can’t even see. Just admit this game was poorly designed.

you're just autistic, user

I actually think you may be retarded. I agree the game gets too dark sometimes, but I rarely die from fucking fall damage

No. Shit game.

Yea Forums did the same thing to me.
The only interest of terraria is that "it's minecraft with more stuff"
They literally say it in the player reviews You should have paid more attention to the player reviews.
If you are not a zoom zoom who thinks minecraft is the best game ever made you will not enjoy this shit.
Plus they slowed down the player so much it's ridiculous. All the people who hav thousands of hours in terraria, they would have just dozens if the player moved normally.

Are you... digging beneath you? Also why arent you placing tons of torches?

BeCaUsE it’s literally FuCkInG impossible you stupid zoomer

How though?

It is not, just a lot of shit.

>He actually loses at Terraria

Attached: 7913BFC6-B151-488D-8815-A3872859A5CA.jpg (431x403, 30K)

I started a world set in some hard mode so I lost coins when i die. Its frustrating and dumb

Take it slow, build yourself a nice house once you get some materials, and explore caverns to get stuff using ropes and torches. You'll die in the early game and it's somewhat sluggish especially on a first playthrough, but once you get some items to improve your mobility (double jump, super running speed, grappling hook etc) and a decent enough weapon for zombies and cave monsters, you're set.
You can hold a torch in front of you with shift so you can quickly swap back to your weapon. Put torches everywhere.
It's much more action-oriented than Minecraft. The building is similar but you want to take a different approach to it due to the amount of decoration stuff, and well, the fact it's 2D. It's got crafting but it's got a metric fuckton more equipment, and the fighting is more engaging especially in the second half of the game since you have a lot more mobility and much cooler weapons than in Minecraft

lol, you sound like a retard. I too played this game for the first time in my life today and I'm currently chilling in a comfy ass cabin in the snow biome and haven't died once.

Because the game is poorly designed. Read the thread before posting.

Too bad I don’t give a shit since I already wiped this dumbass zoomer game from my hard drive.

>Terraria is too hard for modern Yea Forumsenizens

Attached: 1566630655262.jpg (600x771, 70K)

Right? OP must be rushing it way too hard because Terraria [at least early game] is super comfy. Yeah it gets fucking nuts once you go for some of the bosses, but it's not like, WEIRDLY HARD???

user you're literally just saying its poorly designed without specifying why other than "I keep dying :(((("

Literally the dark souls of sandbox games

Tell it to someone who cares. The game is poorly designed and that’s that. Stay seething zoomer

>Trying to fish for the little shit's quest so I can get a cell phone
>Thousands of derplings and turtles flying at me every second

When does it fucking end

Attached: 1514397543414.jpg (867x873, 311K)

I really hate the "GIT GUD" meme, but my God do you fags even look up the wiki? The entire game is about farming to get gear to take on monsters easier, that's why it's a crafting game in the first place.
Explore. bring blocks and don't jump off cliffs like a sperg until you get something that lets you negate fall damage or prevent it, like wings, horseshoe, double jumps, grappling hook, wall climbing etc.
Build some commie blocks for NPCs, buy some torches and rope. Ranged is OP as fuck throughout progression and mage is later.
The early game is rough but if you just go across a good portion of the spawn breaking pots in caves and opening chests you easily get a few glowsticks, rope etc. to let you snowball into spelunking for more loot and ores.
The Guide will show you any crafting recipe for an item listed as a material if you bring it to him. Make sure to organize the loot in your chests.
Lock your hotbar so you don't accidentally switch items by clicking in the upper left.
Also, any fags who whine about hardmode probably shouldn't ever try expert.

>stay seething

user you're the one who came and made a thread about how you suck at Terraria.

This??? Like, even without the wiki you can figure out a lot on your own. It's so fucking funny how people see the game not handfeeding you as HARD.

Not reading your essay. Dismissed.

I already told you I deleted this zoomer game already so I don’t know why you’re replying

Damn, what is that? That looks like Terraria with soul.

>not equipping summon armor and letting summons destroy everything around you while you fish

What a shitty bait thread. I am embarrassed by the fact that people are actually responding to it.

For bitching about zoomers you sure act like one being unable to read a few lines.
Seeing as your attention span is so little no wonder you suck shit at a kids game, kek.

Look user, let's try to salvage this thread and have an actual discussion, shall we? What did you not like about the game specifically, besides it being "zoomer trash" and you struggling with the early game which is admittedly the most tedious part of the game

You suck a trolling. It’s funny how everyone responding to you is being very calm and respectful (despite some calling you a retard, which you are appearing to be) and you’re trying so hard to get pissed off reaction

I played for ten hours and got good upgrade, double jump and lots of shit, but never felt a motivation to play it again. It's literally for zoomer spergs . Skinner box garbage that's just taking up space on my HD.

Quit samefagging

>falling for obvious baits
I hope you guys don't do this

he was probably fucking around trying to build a cool looking house on day 1 instead of gearing up, exploring the map and preparing for the next boss.

Keep defending your kiddie game I’m sure that’ll get u Chan Points
Alright. I’ll bite. Fuck the zombies who spawn kill you. How am I supposed to fend off
It’s not trolling you just have a tumor in your brain that tells you other people can’t have opinions

It's convenient for OP and other retards to fall back on the "I'm just trolling!!!!11!!" argument, but it'd be actual bait if they just said "game bad" instead of listing off reasons why they're too mentally and mechanically impaired to play a game aimed at children.
Trolling or serious, it's still autism, which is deserving of the flame they get.

you can get accessories that make you immune to fall damage pretty early on dude. dont fuck around at night time until you get one of the many light source items (mining helmet, spells etc).
try to find a flying island (they sit about 500~800ft up in the sky) and get the balloon, bottled cloud or rocket boots so you can fly, double jump and glide.

Who’s samefagging??

Attached: 1E95EDFF-1B63-417C-93CC-379EB981312A.jpg (750x547, 244K)

Someone who has this opinion wouldn’t be a fucking spermatozoon about it. I never liked vanilla Terraria that much but it’s clear you’re trolling

>running modded expert with leveled & thorium
>everything has fuckloads of hp
>wall of flesh has like 55k hp
fuck OFF

You got brainlet filtered hard. The game just isn't for the retarded.

Terraria is nothing like minecraft.
Minecraft is a 3d voxel building game with mining and crafting as it's main focus.
Terraria is a side-scrolling tier progression exploration and boss fight game. You dont build cool looking houses n shit in Terraria, not until way late into the game when you've killed all the bosses, progressed through all of the armor and weapons and got the rare items with good modifiers on them.

>mobile

The game should allow you to view crafts if you have one of the materials, rather than only when you have all of them which requires excessive wiki crawling to find out what you want. You can use a table and chair combo - which are used for absolutely nothing else - to craft together a chain and a platinum plate into a watch which is the only way to get a reading on the time in game? What the fuck? Or how you can change your spawn point (which is a very important feature) by putting cobwebs into a unique crafting table to make silk which you can combine with wood at ANOTHER unique crafting table to make a bed, and so on. There's absolutely no hints to things like that. Every session I play I have to end it by closing two dozen active tabs on the wiki.

>seething

>Terraria is nothing like minecraft.
>Minecraft is a 3d voxel building game with mining and crafting as it's main focus.
>Terraria is a side-scrolling tier progression exploration and boss fight game. You dont build cool looking houses n shit in Terraria, not until way late into the game when you've killed all the bosses, progressed through all of the armor and weapons and got the rare items with good modifiers on them.

see what I'm talking about? It's literal autists defending the game

Crafting a wooden sword or a wooden bow and some arrow helps a lot. While exploring, even without going very deep, you should be able to find decent weapons like a spear, a boomerang, shurikens or a little magic wand. If you're lucky or explore a little deeper you can quickly find a magical boomerang, a trident or a magical sword. Don't hesitate to make suicide runs to shit.
I'd suggest to go explore caves at night, and explore the overworld during the day. Also consider making the wooden armor, it doesn't do much but it's still something.
Make a couple basic homes since you can get a handful of NPCs early on. Either commieblocks, basically just wooden squares, or slightly nicer looking houses with wood and stone for instance if you want something a little less basic.

>Troll

>The entire game is about farming to get gear to take on monsters easier
This, but unfortunately a lot of mouth breathers buy it thinking it's just side-scrolling house builder.

yeah the crafting UI could be better, I think item storage needs a bit of help too, it's a massive pain in the ass even by mid-game when you have 10 chests full of fucking random stuff.

>taking up space on my HD
Is your HD 4gb or something?
How much of a poorfag do you have to be to complain about Terraria taking up your harddrive space

>The game should allow you to view crafts if you have one of the materials
dude thats why the fucking guide (THE FIRST NPC IN THE GAME) is there.

I'm gonna bite the bait. There is literally an NPC that will literally spoon-feed the first hour of gameplay to you if you talk to him. You start with a sword and combat against early game mobs is literally just hit them while walking backwards. Early game is by far the WORST part of Terraria but not because it's hard, just tedious.

Attached: so_you_got_mad_about_an_opinion_again.jpg (438x292, 27K)

user, zombies don't spawn until night time.

As much as I love the game, yeah you might want to look up the wiki a lot.
That being said, just looking at what you can make from wood using the guide (the npc, not an internet guide) lets you see you can make a bunch of crafting stations, and from there you just experiment. But I won't say it's not convoluted and confusing at first, that's for sure.

>approved
imagine only playing games that online malaysian basketweaving forums "approve"

This
This

>Counted posters doesn’t rise

>How am I supposed to fend off
Hit them with your weapons
I'm sorry the game didn't tell you how to use your items

Really don’t know why I keep getting accused of samefagging.
I guess the autistic brain dead zoomers from resetera really like Terraria, huh?

Attached: F9541B56-1138-4406-8052-DB96162093AC.jpg (750x516, 185K)

The only valid complaint in the damn thread so far. It's unintuitive like Minecraft (especially newer items) in the sense that if you don't know the recipes you don't know what the fuck to do.

i love the sense of progression
cant wait for the second game
hopefully it will be better than terraria already is

Seething

>dying over and over in a kiddie game
>can't figure out how to play a kiddie game
>getting upset over a kiddie game

Attached: 1549306770508.gif (300x303, 1.49M)

What's even so "zoomer" about terraria?
it's a 2d exploration game with a heavy emphasis on combat and satisfying gear progression, and the building is enjoyable too
What "zoomer" characteristics does it even have outside of having been released in the last decade

Yes. I am.
It’s like you haven’t even played the game. This shit screams zoomer at the top of its lungs. There’s literal meme references in the game.

Attached: AEE331E5-F49D-449B-8910-DCFCC77C7191.jpg (768x1024, 90K)

There's a handful of memes but it's not like the game is shoving them in your face all the time. There's a couple references to other games but it's never bothered me that much.
I've got like 800 hours into the game and I've never thought it was obnoxious outside of a couple NPC lines you don't even have to read

>This shit screams zoomer at the top of its lungs.
How

Agreed desu.

If the game is for zoomers why do you keep dying at the start?

it ends when you acquire skill

>this thread

Attached: 1545951203357.jpg (625x626, 63K)