>sly will get a tv show
>jak is dead in the water
Fuck this gay earth

Attached: jak.jpg (1000x600, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlqwRJHeuuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm gonna KILL ____!

Platformers are dead and gone and not a second goes by where I don't miss them. Fuck this bang-bang-shoot generation I want my platformers back!

Attached: long sustained yelling.png (500x356, 278K)

Ape Escape is even less popular.

HERE COMES A BIG ONE

Attached: fisherman-jak-and-daxter-the-precursor-legacy-78.8.jpg (210x240, 12K)

Attached: 1537922557078.jpg (800x850, 103K)

Did anyone watch TheGamingBritShow's trilogy retrospective? It's pretty fucking good and made me far more aware of the series' pitfalls and missed opportunities.

youtube.com/watch?v=WlqwRJHeuuU

Knowing what ND could potentially do with the years of experience and increased budgets they've had since J&D makes me wonder pine for a modern entry even more (as long as they stuck to the original gameplay mechanics and overall aesthetics, of course)

Attached: jak3_a2_guncourse1_b.jpg (290x290, 24K)

I've taken the platformer blackpill. I went back and played old childhood favorites and unfortunately they just don't hold up anymore. I don't know how you would make a modern 3D platformer that can compete with the hyperstimulus of shooters and GTA type shit.

>Muh Zoomers
>Muh Boomers
>Late Millennials and very early Zoomers are the ones getting fucked the most by being stuck in the middle

QUAGMIRE

Better off dead after The Lost Frontier

Naughty Dog now only makes mature games for mature gamers such as themselves, not cartoony stuff.

Attached: 1551070824986.gif (540x540, 25K)

everyone who worked on the jak games is gone. its only uncharted of us talentless hacks left

Considering the state of game development now that even supposed nostalgia crowd passion projects miss the point entirely, i'm glad these series stayed in their own time bubble instead of being eventually ruined by modern times.

I'd rather it be dead with 3 great games and some good spin offs than rebooted to be a gritty realistic third person stealth game where Daxter is a tranny and Jak is gay.

>i'm glad these series stayed in their own time bubble instead of being eventually ruined by modern times.

The thing is, Jak was a slave to trends. It had no dignity to it once all was said and done.

I'd rather have new original games that try to do their own thing instead of being GUISE CHECK OUT MY MARIO/ZELDA FAN GAME
Trying to fill the void only makes it bigger

Jak II honestly couldn't be topped and precursor legacy was a unique, lightning-won't-strike-twice situation. 3 was meh, X was fun but not really jak, daxter was okay, and we don't talk about the other one.

Really, would you want modern naughty dog making a new jak?

Attached: hm'.jpg (165x165, 28K)

Yes, actually. As much as I couldn't care less for Unsharted and TLOU, I'd still to be interested to see them try at least and see how Jak's aesthetic would render with modern tech. I'm still dearly in love with that world, so yes I'd gamble a new game - it still wouldn't sully the greatness of the original games

>Why yes my favorite Jak game is the Lost Frontier, what gave it away?

Attached: 1562642211369.png (1080x1331, 938K)

It was, but that didn't mean it didn't find its own identity. Any other game making the leap Jak did from 1 to 2 would have gone all hard reboot, but instead they worked the old mechanics and story into it surprisingly well. The problem was just that it lacked narrative depth, which wasn't an uncommon issue with games at the time. It could have been plenty dignified if it did something more meaningful with the darker narrative.

Jak II was really bad. Haven City was so fucking boring.

Honestly I don't want to see the good games get new additions, I wanna see shitty or underrated games like Ruff Trigger, I-Ninja and Vexx get new takes
Low risk high reward

Attached: 1566855588125.png (565x488, 460K)

I know you're baiting but it's actually better than 2 and 3.

Just give it a different company to make

I hope ND stays far away from Jak, we don't need them ruining it

They did, it turned out really bad.
They did the same for Sly, also turned out really bad.

The story ended basically. Besides two things.

1) Do you want more Jak and Daxter with MODERN Politically Correct Naughty Dog? I don't. I already found Keira annoying since Jak 2, but with modern Naughty Dog? I'm going to be sick to my stomach with their obvious blatant propaganda trash.

2) The Jak series has NEVER been that good. Start with Jak 2? The series just started to copy trends that were popular at the time like Grand Theft Auto's sandbox or a platformer that utilizes third person shooting like Ratchet all the while not doing it nowhere near as good as the originals. Jak series is a mess. A mess that obviously lacked focus and identity.

This is why the series is dead. And to quote Naughty Dog, that's a good thing.

No one because bad writing means that a hero must never actually kill the villain.

If Sony remade Medieval then Ape Escape has a chance. Jak is dead because Naughty Dog hates cartoony games.

What game did they make?

Jak X was a good racing game at the very least

>Jak 4 gets released
>All the girls suddenly appear wearing burkas
Monkey's paw. Let Jak rest in peace. Do not trust N*ughty D*g with something as great as Jak and Daxter.

Attached: b7edd3ce3d44609533ab77eab8357599.jpg (720x600, 59K)

The real question is WHEN will Naughty Dog failand collapse? People always whine about SJW shit and yet Naughty Dog's game are the most successful in the gaming industry. They sell more than Mario. The only franchise Naughty Dog doesn't beat? Grand Theft Auto. But it seems to me that gamers claims to be against political correctness, SJWs, and censorship but HAPPILY support it anyway like retards.

They said they were gonna do a Jak4 but didn't know who the target audience would be or the direction they would take it
Its honestly for the best they don't return

Attached: Jak_4_concept_art_2.png (1238x1650, 1.3M)

Psychonauts is still brilliant and better than most of these new games

(((Neil Druckmann)))

>tfw got banned from TGBS discord for saying 'Chinks' a year and a half ago
Also, pretty good video.

The car keys, woaw

N

But jak actually killed his enemies, i don't really remember about praxis but all the others if he had the chance he isn't the type to back out the last moment

only jak 1 was good, naughty dog are shit now so its better if it stays dead. crash is better anyway

Because the millions that just plays games and are unaware or simply don't care about the politics shown out weight the people who are aware and whine by 100000:1.
That's why Sony's bullshit only affects the sales of niche z tier weeb games, the target audience is fully aware of it.

Has any other series made such a dramatic gameplay shift between titles?
If anything Jak3 Disappointed me for not following in 2's footsteps

Jak didn't kill Krew, that one killed himself in a bomb suicide attempt. And Jak should have killed that evil count who made him an orphan but instead "Lol funny consequences" the bastard survives and is turned into an Otsel. He should have died for his destroying Jak's life and family.

The only villain Jak killed is Cor because he looks like an inhuman monstrosity. Killing monsters is good. Killing humanlike villains? Not okay.

So basically agenda fueled developers will win. I don't see Sony losing next gen EVEN with their new Pro-SJW views and extra censorship. And even with Sony's new California HQ. Sony is going to win next-gen because people are retards.

Jak 2 is good and it's honestly better they took the edgier approach their designs fit that way better than cutesy platformer but yeah there is no way they could do a 4th game let alone one with that exact tone

>Bitchass Handgun
>Not the CHAD Morph Gun
No Jak 4, New Naughty Dog doesn't have anyone from the original team and they're all hacks, it'd take all the bounce and soul it had and turn it into absolute shit.

>'Chinks' a year and a half ago
WTF RACISM IS NOT COOL BRO

Attached: ECiYgFPVAAA4rGL.jpg (390x430, 18K)

I think I got banned from Hyperbit's discord for being vaguely against black people. I can't even remember its been so long.
All I really remember is I got banned personally by HyperBit and that the server was mostly black, and they didn't like me.

>Trapped gol and maya in a dark eco silo without giving a fuck
>Canonically kills grunts in cold blood
>Doesn't give a shit about others problems as long they don't get in the way
>Didn't give a shit about all the villains that died because of him
>Doesn't care about some civillians deaths if it further his objective
I actually like a lot how edgy he is sometimes and certainly he isn't a pure heart hero like all the weeb jrpgs, i need to replay the trilogy because i don't remember some parts though.

Fuck... No jak4 bros......

Damn straight. I don't understand why every retrospective of it has to go into depths about how "the mechanics are far from perfect, but what sets it apart is the writing". Half Life 1 has nrchsnjcd that are far from perfect, yet I don't see fans of that being so preemptively deprecating. I've gone back to the game and I can say that the Xbox version is about on par with the other 3d platformers of 2005, but with a timeless emphasis on variety and creativity.

Detractors tend to think of it as a pure platformer collect-a-thon the same way a Mario title is, and by that rubric Psychonauts is inferior. Mario and Ratchet titles are both very sleek and polished. But, they don't have depth and they don't have replay value. Psychonauts isn't worth returning to because of the platforming in Oleander's Basic Braining. It's worth coming back to because the amount of detail and exploration there is to do. There's dialogue and character development that I've only seen on a 3rd or 4th playthrough. Newcomers should really try just talking to everyone they can with every item they have. The amount of dialogue is on par with a point and click title.

>tfw Jak II killed Precursor Legacies artsyle
The old models were so COMFY

Attached: C8E374F3-D203-41B6-8517-AE1E2ED0D303.gif (400x225, 3.42M)

Kill yourself.

This is what I hate about these somewhat smaller companies, they have great franchises just sitting in the attic forever because they're too focused on their new franchises to give a damn about the old ones.

Also where was it confirmed we'd get more ratchet games? I wouldn't be entirely surprised but iirc didn't the remake only happen because of it being a tie-in with the movie that flopped?

Sly isn't getting that show either likely, it's been fucking ages and I highly doubt sucker punch gives enough shit to do anything else with the franchise. At least we got a 4th game even if it wasn't the best

Maybe Mario doesn't have replay value, ratchet titles me and many others still replay them to this day, i think i have 8 playthroughs of r&c 2 alone

Ratchet is better than Jak. Always has been.

The series has consistently had very good animation even compared to today

I don’t think anyone said it was better anyway

I can play 2D Marios over and over again but for some reason I can't stomach the 3D ones more than once

Oh I'm just saying that's why Ratchet is still around and Jak isn't

Retard, I play the Jak trilogy annually

Yeah it's good, I'm also glad he made that Ratchet reboot video cause that's honestly why I'm fine with these old ips like Jak being dead
These developers can not go back to making simple gamey videogames

I’m not sure if quality is the deciding factor on why a game series is still prevalent and has new games. Instead of popularity I think it’s more like developers being unable/unwilling to create something new, either because they fear that their new creation will not live up to its predecessor, or that they simply don’t have the talent to make it stand out individually, instead piggybacking off the success of what came before it. Especially the way Naughty Dog is handled now I don’t think they can cover a platform/adventure game, and in a way we should be thankful for that.

I'll bite. why?

It’s mostly in the length and scale of those games. 2D Mario (NES and nu-Mario) can be played either in one sitting or in chunks, and is a lot more bearable because of it.
While 3D Mario (Sunshine and 64) are collect-a-thon games that are based around the idea of exploration of its hub world and levels that the game eventually gets stale. Not that it’s not fun, but it’s the type of thing you only wanna do once in a blue moon (like jRPGs)
Personally I enjoy SMW, which is a bit of a mix of the two, being linear and large in scale, but taken in at chunks.