New world with friend

>new world with friend
>they never played terraria
>keep explaining the game to them
>”hurr durr it’s so complicated why can’t it be simple like minecraft”
>whatever.gif
>go exploring caves
>friend spends entire hour on the surface killing bunny rabbits and dying to crimson
>return with hermes boots and one gold sword
>”DUDE WTF YOU TOOK ALL THE GOLD IN THAT CAVE I WAS GONNA GET THAT”
>”DUDE WTF HOW CAN U RUN SO FAST WTF I DONT GET THIS GAME”
>explain chests
>”DUDE WTF UR LITERALLY TAKING EVERY CHEST”
>”Dude wtf I literally dont get this game dude wtf you act like I know how to play this shit”

This is why I don’t play Terraria with new people. And they all act like this too.
Why can’t Minecraft fans play Terraria? Is it too big brain for them? They’re all like this too.

Attached: FA874517-D13C-4491-A868-06447E401CE0.jpg (460x215, 61K)

>make literally one set of armor
>everyone freaks out and starts calling you faggot and tryhard

I think a lot of people go into the game with a fundamental misunderstanding of what kind of game it is. If their mindset is "2D Minecraft", they will struggle. Also simple interface shit tends to hold people back, especially if they aren't accustomed to 2D games

ok zoomer

projecting

You sound like an asshole

>friend only plays with controller
>even overwatch and bl2 on pc
>introduce her to terraria
>plays with controller
>I’ve never played on a console
>struggle to teach her to play because she’s vehement on using a controller

Attached: DFD9BBAC-34E5-493B-AD71-7974AC00DEC2.gif (500x375, 986K)

hot take here but terraria is NOT fun to play with other people even if they aren't retards like OP and his friend

>too dumb for Terraria
What kind of fucking friends do you have? Do they even play vidya?

How. I gave him over half my healing potions and a cloud in a bottle.

I don’t even have any equipment

All my friends are very good because I only play with people who take games seriously. Yet everyone struggles so hard with Terraria and Don’t Starve. Literally the only thing people can into is Minecraft for some reason

you're a retard for associating with retards

ill play with you user but ive played those games before so it wont be the same

get over yourself.

>they understand Minecraft, but not Terraria
Perhaps you just suck at teaching? Find some let's play videos or some shit like that.

Try having fun with your friend instead of being mad and so serious when they don't understand the game.

This, you sound autistic OP. Learn to chill...

Test

> get drunk last night and play a shitload of solo Terraria listening to Girl's Last Tour OST

Name a more chill game

Attached: boomer_senko.png (1500x1200, 338K)

Don't play games with retarded faggots? Not enjoying the type of gameplay Terraria has is one thing, being a braindead retard that cannot comprehend the game to begin with is another.

honestly it's not even minecraft fans, your friends are just complete brainlets

This

t. retarded Minecraft zoomers

stop being greedy and give your bro some loot

Unless your friends are single digit IQ drooling retards that are still in grade school, you probably suck complete dick at teaching them how to play it OP
You're probably the type of guy that tries to get his friends into fighting games but just perfects them for an hour and then wonders why they're pissed off and won't play with you anymore

/thread

so you played the game for him and didn't let him figure shit out on his own, then got mad when he didn't understand what is happening or how you got all this shit to give him? let me guess, you bombed the shadow orbs too and got him meteor armor without him with you too

>female
Found your problem, women are retarded.

>playing with retards

>play terraria
>spent most of my time mining and having fun below the surface
>beat the game
>get a DCU
>game instantly got boring
>try the mods
>still boring
when is terraria 2 coming out?

i agree, with the exception of couch co-op runs with my brother. it's a lot easier to play co-op in terraria when you can both see the same things at the same time and don't have to explain shit over a microphone. have done several online multiplayer runs and they're always an irritating experience

>tfw playing it together with a friend, both for the first time, exploring and finding stuff together, impressed by how much there is to find
This is why I still play vidya.

Attached: 1562078487272.png (589x589, 277K)

you're one of those faggots that play with women. you are just as fucking cancerous as them.

1. Don't have retarded friends
2. You've gotta play with more than 1 friend, if more people like it, it'll sway their outlook, if it's just you they'll always question why you like it

I imagine OP at 300 health already while his friend hasn't even cracked a single heart crystal.

> you'll never go back to that first blind playthrough with your friend where you legitimately had no fucking clue what to expect the further you dug

Attached: 1552253694043.jpg (970x545, 50K)

What's your Steam name? I haven't played Terraria in a while, but I've been thinking about getting back into it.

maybe you should play it multi-player instead of going solo and wondering why he's not doing anything?

That's pretty much how we play, we know the basics but have never played properly. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to vidya but somehow this one is actually fun.

If you are playing with someone new, you need to play like a new player yourself.

>hurry up dig
>get minerals
>make crafting benches fast
>rush armor
>rush hard mode
>come on dude this way, hurry
>i teleported back with a wormhole potion
>we need to farm bosses

Don't do that. You should be spending your first hour pretending you don't know how to cut down trees.

Terraria is fun when you're exploring and experimenting, not when some boring shithead is "telling" you how the game works.

First playthrough of Terraria is more fun by yourself.

>OP probably used an old character that has wings, a mount, and 400-500 HP
>Jumps off a cliff to go cave exploring without using rope or any block tricks
>OP's friend follows and ends up dying to fall damage
>"bro just follow me lmao"
>OP's friend gets angry and stays on the surface to not go splat
>exploring the surface killing bunnies, finds some weird red area
>get hit by an enemy into a chasm and die to fall damage again
>OP still isn't explaining shit and comes back to tell you that he found some shit in the cave you guys were in earlier
>friend goes back and see that he looted every fucking thing in sight
>decides to quit and uninstall

>that first time digging down to straight to hell
>tfw using the ocean to flood hell back when that was still possible

Attached: rain bliss.png (420x433, 360K)

I always tell people this.
It's only enjoyable if you have similar pacing (speed at which your characters evolve and progress). But it's very rare for people have it equal.

>tfw playing the original releases and updates when Terraria was brand new
>people couldn't walk up one tile slopes
>cacti hurt upon contact
>there were only the corruption, jungle, dungeon, and hell
>everybody was wondering where to get rocket boots
>cobalt armor from the jungle was the rarest thing and what the first lava farms were developed for
How many years ago was that. I still remember downloading like half a dozen sequential Frostical pirate releases from the first threads before eventually buying it.

>buy terraria 4-pack for myself and three buddies last christmas
>we've never played any games like it, and none of us were into minecraft
>they are reluctant to play because it looks like a kids game and isn't CS:GO, Overwatch, or League
>convince them to play anyway
>everyone grudgingly gets in game
>5 minutes later everyone is excited as fuck trying to figure out how shit works, how to build, killing enemies for loot, digging death holes, etc
>play 4 hours every day for two weeks straight with them until we've squeezed everything possible out of the game
>consider it one of the most genuine, purely enjoyable moments of gaming history I can remember all the way back to my childhood

I just started playing and died to the big eye, he was about to die ffs

Attached: bald_frost.jpg (954x954, 91K)

Also I'm thinking of installing a mod that shows reciepes. Is it a good idea or will it ruin the game ?
I have 3 chests full of shit and I don't know if I can craft some stuff with it

>play on and off with a friend
>he has fucking ~400 hours in the game
>still needs me to explain how crafting works every fucking session
>as in, the fucking crafting scroll wheel
i want 2 DIE

Well, he'll be back don't worry. You can also summon him if you get lenses from the small eyes. Try baiting his charges then dodging.

The guide gives you all recipes already, so i think it'll be fine, just saves you the trouble to go see him every time you get something new

idk.
My nephew and niece love Terraria and love exploring Terraria. They also don't have problems with fighting bosses but die a lot. Maybe your friend is just a faggot.

It was a pretty fun experience playing deathmode calamity with a few other epic gamers. You really just need to play with people who can be self sufficient until it's time to assemble and fight the next boss together.

You both sound like uncharismatic incels from reddit

its just your friends they are fucking retarded
get some new ones

Every friend ive introduced terraria to have played it just fine and we've had fun and they understood it

>"yeah! we beat the giant wall of flesh in hell! this GOT to be the last boss"
>we got annihilated by The Twins the following night.

Fun times.

>start playing terraria with a friend
>he starts to look everything up in the wiki

>this friend who LOST his reaver shark I just fished for him, even though hé's a softcore player

He was an amazing builder, so I can't be too mad at him.

Attached: 1565411882996.jpg (473x480, 18K)

The absolute casual filter

Attached: hammer.png (93x92, 5K)

terraria's not a game you play multiplayer with a total noob.
you gotta let them play on their own for a bit, at least get to beating the Eye of Cthulu on their own before you can really do anything with them. Otherwise you end up babysitting a retard who gets himself killed every 5 minutes and doesnt do anything except wait for you to give them gear.

it's fun with a couple of friends, but you need to be able to organize, manage resources and distribute loot fairly. you cant play with anyone who doesnt listen or anyone who's a loot whore.

this

>remember my first blind playthrough with friends
>took us hours to manually dig tunnels all the way down to hell
>playing singleplayer years later
>just buy 100 dynamite and blast my way down in 10 minutes.

Terraria is good with a controller wtf you on

I´m glad my friends aren´t retarded spastics.

>play with friend
>teach them the basics and craft the good stuff for them first since I'm seasoned
>we agree to what each person gets first (Highest tier bows for me, guns for them)
>all our coins go to one chest
>never have a disagreement
It's that easy.

What does it say about me that I find MineCraft a lot more difficult to get into than Terraria?

It says that you value gameplay depth over literal 3D depth

Nothing! Despite having the similarity of digging and building, the two are very different games.

>Those times i used to play with my little bro Mortal Kombat shaolin monks for the first time and explrored the shit out of the game and his secrets would never come back
>Those feels from those times were i played Smash bros with highschool friends for the first time and got me introducted in a lot of franchises and got me into a lot of unique situations in gameplay that i remember fondly would never been repeated
>That time where i played Bloody Roar 2 with my computer teacher and a couple of frienbros in a old computer emulator in free time was so long now
>I will never meet a girl like the one that got me into Halo, Terraria, and survival horror genre that was my friend until i finished highschool

Vidya with friends, family and loved beings is a blast, literally the best part of this media is having experiences that can change you as a person, depending of how you enjoy or experience a product. A coop, competitve, a single player, anything. It used to be magic for me.

I hope i can go back to that kind of feeling, its my dream since so long, my most absolute wish since i lost it. Because is not about the journey, is about the people we meet on the way.

Attached: 39195277_693586357681509_1687379284936622080_n.jpg (440x660, 31K)

people are just surprised when they think they're getting 2d minecraft and instead get a 2d exploration dungeon crawler with emphasis on combat and loot

>want to play again
>don't want to get into a whole new playthrough since the next big update is right around the corner

Attached: 1547751178165.png (540x540, 421K)

Exactly how i feel right now.

It sounds more like your friend is a dumb faggot.

>Me and my friends waiting to start fresh as soon as the update pops

Q4 can't some soon enough.

Attached: 1502494045258.gif (319x255, 263K)

Attached: 1480684573975.png (424x285, 79K)

Stop being friends with retards or become smarter to stop attracting retards.
>play Terraria for the first time
>not too sold on it, come back to it later
>start playing it more
>get lots of gear, beat some bosses
>beat wall of flesh on 2nd try
>building apartments for NPC's
>father is really into base building games like Civilization or RTS's
>"Hey, what's this?"
>give him copy of game, have him host a server so I can show him how to get setup
>has it down pat in less than 10 minutes
>already digging, crafting, and figuring out how to respond to enemies
>play with him for a while, then leave
>occasionally get questions on "How do I X?"
>sometimes he asks me to assist in killing a boss
>asked me to help clear wall of flesh three times in one day
>go see his previous worlds
>he killed the wall of flesh then harvested the entire goddamn world down to the bottom
>had chests full of buckets of lava
>had chests full of buckets of water
>one chest nearly full of buckets of honey
>wtf dad?
>"I might use it eventually!"
I really should have known better to push this game on him.

I am going to lewd your OC and there's nothing you can do to stop me

Where did that come from?

>tfw friend and I fought enraged plantera because we thought being out in the open (above ground) was best
>had no idea plantera is infinitely harder in this state
>it took us a few tries but we actually beat it
>found out about fighting it underground months later
good times

Attached: 1566427511701.gif (206x176, 370K)

>get on PC
>start to get into the game
>move out of apartment and start living on the road due to job
>no more comfy computer desk/chair
>have to play games on laptop in a regular chair or on a console
I think I tried it once with a controller without any success. Does it play better with a controller on a console or is it the same? I might buy an RV to live out of soon, but I don't feel like waiting to play since I'm in the mood now.

I can relate to immediately telling your friend exactly what to do in a game and how everything works but let him figure things out on their own, you sperg. You're taking the fun out of the game by not exploring with him and taking all the shit. Just mess around and stop trying to speed run a fucking sandbox game.

I did that too

Attached: Terraria.jpg (2124x3352, 922K)

Jesus... you sound like a shitty guy to hang with. If you introduce somehow to an exploration game, you play with their pacing. Clearly you pushed them into playing the game too. And yet act like a jerk. Have fun staying a virgin and idiot

this

I played with a friend and had a blast. Played again with the same friend and my bf years later and had a blast. Planning to play with said friend again when next update hits, and we'll have a fucking blast.

>tfw havent experienced this in a long time because friend is a kike and doesnt buy games until they're $10

Attached: 1535743605858.png (598x566, 277K)

Anyone buy the Switch version?

Terraria and minecraft are only co-op games that I and my friends were able to enjoy playing. We haven't found similar co-op game were we put countless hours everyday till we beat, we tried starbound and countless others. Any recommendations? Thinking of stardew maybe.

i was doing this but i got sick of waiting so I played it a bunch last month.
i got all the original 6 bosses done and sitting there for now waiting for the update so I dont have to go through all the beginning shit again, cuz updates rarely if ever change the early game.

>all money goes into a single, shared chest
boom all co-op problems solved assuming no one is an absolute nig

based dad logic

I figured the best way to introduce Terraria to a friend:
>Make them play alone for a while
>Explain basic stuff like mining ores, crafting armor, summoning bosses, weapon types and how the Guide will help each time you talk to him
>Give tips like how Cactus Armor is real good beginner armor and how useful Yoyos are early on
>Give them a week or two
>Play multiplayer with them

When my friend introduced Terraria to me and played multiplayer, I kept building houses inside mountains while my friend was doing useful shit because he kept doing stuff at his own fast pace and knew more about the game. Needless to say we never even reached hell in Prehardmode because I was slowing his progress down.

Then I got the game for myself and fucking enjoyed it and kept learning and risking my life in caves. Learned everything myself and now I not only have 1000+ hours on Terraria, I even beat Expert Moon Lord.

So yeah, make them play singleplayer.

Gold/Platinum Armor and a Golden/Platinum Bow with as many Fire Arrows as possible should make it fairly easy.

Make sure to fight it on the surface and equip any beneficial accessories you can.
Build an arena if you really suck at it.

Game fucked me and my friend in the ass for the first 3 hardmode days and nights

>Wall if Flesh beaten before nighttime
>Blood Moon and an ominous warning immediately after we Magic Mirror from hell to the surface
>Skeletron Prime fucks our asses
>Blood Moon makes the Crimson enemies near our base spawn way more and they fuck our asses too
>Daytime arrives and so do the Pirates on our first Hardmode day
>Meteor Armor so we die a lot but we have nice weapons and got 2 Swords from the Pirates halfway through the invasion
>Pirates fuck us until 2nd night arrives
>Another Blood Moon, increased spawn rates for Pirates and the Crimson enemies near us
>Defeat invasion before the 3rd night arrives
>Another ominous warning
>Destroyed by Destroyer

Terraria can be cruel sometimes.

I finally started an Expert run with Magic the other day, sadly it'll be awkward once 1.4 arrives.

Speaking of 1.4
WHEN THE FUCK IS IT COMING?
THEY SAID 2019 BUT THAT COULD BE THE LAST DAY OF DECEMBER, I CANT FUCKING WAIT ANYMORE

>find extractinator
>turns worthless silt into money
>"holy shit"
>spend an entire day digging silt only to fall into hell and die
>have never seen hell before
>mfw thinking all that ash is silt right before dying
>mfw calling it a land of silt

Attached: woah.png (329x347, 169K)

kek

Probably around december, yes.

> take every chest, making the earlygame even more of a slog than it already is for a player you should be trying to get a good impression
> dude wtf you're retarded just learn the game bro
You're not giving him a good impression, why should he put in effort?