I'll try this again because last thread 404'd quickly. Is there seriously no one interested in this...

I'll try this again because last thread 404'd quickly. Is there seriously no one interested in this? It's the Layers of Fear/Observer devs.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 67K)

I'm here

The Blair With Project was a defining horror experience for me. I also loved the fuck out of the new Blair Witch and how fucking effortlessly it crafts a sense of abject dread with a few very simple tricks; and if this game pulls that off it could very well be the best horror game of the decade, beating out SOMA for the title.

But my PC can't run it and fuck buying an Xbox. Besides, from what I've read it's atrociously optimized. If it's good, let's hope word gets around.

But what matters is that the game is here, it exists. That's all we need.

And hopefully that rumored Blair Witch TV series gets off the ground.

I am but I want people to confirm first that the story is good and actually has quality spooks instead of just walking around in the forest waiting for loud noises to play.

Hey OP, looks like you're having some difficulty keeping your thread up. Let me lend you a helping hand.

Attached: Laura.png (1498x1250, 350K)

Based. Gonna hop in here as well

Attached: Capture.png (290x199, 84K)

Finished it about 2 hours ago.

It's pretty shit, but then I'm not a fan of walking sims and horror walking sims are still walking sims.

Basically there are two enemies in the game that show up very rarely, invisible guys you have to put your flashlight on three times to kill, your dog will growl and look in the direction they are coming at you from. And the other enemy is just a humanoid thing that just dashes at you faster than you can run and hits you, it repeats this three times and then you die. This enemy only attacks you though if you aggro them and they're very easy to not aggro.

I died to the invisible enemies once and the game respawned me pretty much on the spot with the damage I'd done to the enemy still in effect so it died in one hit. I aggro'd the humanoid enemies once and died to them and respawned on the spot near enough so I didn't even have to figure out how to sneak past that guy.

It wasn't spooky before I realised how trivial death is and whatever spook there might have been died when I realised there is no real consequence to dying.

It runs pretty badly, the max fov is too low. One upside to the game is I got it for 3 bucks by buying Xbox Game Pass so I didn't waste too much money.

I played it, it's shit

Why is Lionsgate still trying to make Blair Witch a thing again?

Does anyone remember that rebootquel thing from 3 years ago?

Attached: woods_ver4_xlg.jpg (1297x2000, 1.14M)

I remember, and it was good

I already have it downloaded and plan on playing it over I got off work, i hope it's good.

It was terrible.

I was interested in it right up until I saw the gameplay video they released a few days ago.

I finished outlast 1 two days ago and i'm amazed that it's actually one of the better horrors despite being pretty shitty. I tried Amnesia afterwards but it starts out awful and the endless memories just makes the game tedious. I'm downloading outlast 2 right now and I hope it's better than those two.

i liked it

just kidding. the first one was great and thats because i actually believed it was real because of that stupid scifi documentary. i was young.

It was some fucking Book of Shadows type of thing all along

it is just another first person horror game with the meme camera mechanic. we have been getting those for the past decade user. of course people are not interested. it even is set in the wood god damn it

Doesn't feel like this game has any relation to the blair witch.

Honestly, I'm getting more vibes from Blair Witch 2, ha ha ha...

This, seems like they just used the blair witch title to drum up hype for their shitty game

The only good thing it had going for was the time fuckery which explained how the curse worked in the first place. Other than that, it's pretty forgettable.

To be fair, the Blair Witch lore is more than the original movie. There are books, comic books and even three previous video games. All of that media expands on the lore and it's considered canon.

Just beat it. The only part I really liked was the railcart section where you have to find the different parts for the machine. That's the only part which didn't feel linear as fuck (even though it was). Honestly if this game was more like that section, but larger in scale and having actual difficult puzzles, I would've loved this game. Sadly, it only got worse from then on and the last section indoors was easily the worst part of the game. It dragged on WAY longer than it needed to. Overall, I give it a 4/10. The thing I liked the most were the graphics. Texture quality isn't great and the frame rate isn't good, but the lighting and forest looks insanely real.

Also, I can't even tell if I got the good ending. I killed Carter with the knife, saw his face in my reflection, and the dog appeared at the end. I have no idea if this is good or bad.

I forgot to add, the enemies are a complete joke and not scary at all. There was only one jumpscare that got me, which was a soldier popping out from behind a tree and shooting me. Other than that, I was never scared.

>It's the Layers of Fear/Observer devs.
Oh boy so another LOUD NOISES AND CRAZY VISUALS WHOA ARE YOU SCARED YET!?
The perfect devs for a Blaire Witch Project game