The great debate

the great debate

Attached: 1524043347126.png (800x280, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVwfYWPkp_A
youtube.com/watch?v=OfGXg84JW6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought the point was that both of them were based.

left looks better

sega

When does Aladdin use a sword in the movie?

genesis version was the superior version.

same with lion king.

I think Abu does.

when does he collect tons of gems and apples in the movie?

At the end going up against jafar. He manages to hold on to it for a grand total of 25 seconds.

SNES has better platforming
Genesis has better everything else
Like all of the platforming in the genesis version is fucking trash. The prison stage? Jumping over lava? Those fucking flamingos?

Against sssssnake-like Jaffar.

Capcom
>better graphics overall
>better gameplay
>better level-design
>closer to its source material
Virgin
>better animation

I don't think I ever saw the original movie. I remember seeing the one with his dad and the tv show with the genie but that was wayyyy back

>closer to its source material

Did you forget the whole "raiders of the lost ape" arc?

Never played the right one but it sure looks like it have more soul.

The only reason someone would choose genesis is blinding nostalgia, the genesis version is a floaty weightless mess, it's ultimately subjective but in a gameaplay/technical aspect SNES is superior.

It's my favorite animated movie of all time. Nothing but fun action and magic from start to end. Fuck estrogen-loaded Beauty/Mermaidfags.

Used one in the book, also aladdin was chinese.

I have fond memories of the right, since it's the one that got PC-port back n 90s.
But the SNES version really play better. Which is about expected of Japanese VS Western dev back in 90s.

This. The Genesis version is a great showcase of some beautifully animated sprites but that's about it. The sword's hitboxes were terrible, too.

SNES is better in every single way except art style being less like the movies

Only because that hack french faggot who adopted 1001 nights was a hack and a faggot. The actualy story aladdin is based on is just about some random fisherman.

git gud

I always think of the Genesis version. It had more stuff going for it. The SNES version is competent but sort of forgettable.

Attached: Aladdin_Cave.gif (320x224, 19K)

left for backgrounds, right for characters, now you got that uncanny "everything is well-detailed unless it moves" effect

Attached: conspicuous_light_patch.jpg (300x300, 26K)

right is better because the graphics are shit so it has more soul

Gotta rep Mega Drive/Genesis even though I acknowledge the SNES version looks and sounds superior.

imagine if people actually pulled that shit back then. what was it, the third console generation? fourth?

The Genesis is an overall better game, but if you just want a simple platformer, the SNES game is better for that.

The SNES version is the epitome of "solid Capcom platformer" with no real downsides or huge standouts besides being Aladdin. The Genesis version was jank, but it stood out at least. And was fucking hell to beat.

i'm talking about the way Aladdin controls in the game

Aladdin is much more of an acrobatic thief than a swordsman

Attached: DsBtgNV.gif (530x312, 1.32M)

Both are mediocre games, so who cares. There are much better action platformers on both of those consoles.

I have a way easier time buying Aladdin with a sword than Aladdin doing a million somersaults over deadly lava. Plus those arabian swords are cool. Shamshir?

redpilled post

Left looks like the one I played on genesis.
What's right?

Attached: 1514230006648.png (616x577, 101K)

Left is the SNES. Right is the Genesis.

Why is the genesis literally brown shit colored? Can't it do colors?

Gensis

youtube.com/watch?v=FVwfYWPkp_A

Attached: 12312312314.png (1027x675, 471K)

I only played the SNES one. The one on the right looks ugly as fuck though.

Why is gib gub Reddit's favorite memephrase for defending garbage games?

because technical limitions Genesis is 4x15 colors, SNES is 8x15 (backgrounds) + 8x15 (sprites), but also bad color picks

Neither. Whichever version was on pic related was clearly the best one

Attached: disney plug and play.jpg (425x425, 17K)

I played the one on the right on my grandma's computer. Was heaps of fun as a kid
Didn't know there were two different versions.

The sword in the Genesis version had no sense of impact. I just felt like I was flailing and hopefully whatever was in front of me was getting hit.
Meanwhile, the SNES version had one of the most animated jump attack animations. When you nailed a jump, you fucking knew it.

None, how fucking gay are you play shovelware disney games?

The lava cave escape level was cooler in the SNES version. The music was fucking chilling, too
youtube.com/watch?v=OfGXg84JW6Y

The Genesis seemed to have more interesting designs, the SNES just looks like standard Nintendo platformer #135

There had to have been at least a few arcade purists who hated home consoles for not being real games or some shit.

>soul means shit graphics
I'll take things brainlets say for 500, Alex

>Muh didney sprites
Segafags were mouthbreathers

TASes of the Genesis version are pretty fascinating in how they abuse the game's animation engine and how it's tied to movement.

Genesis had nice animations but SNES was the better game. Shinji Mikami has the Midas touch.

That video makes it look way easier than it actually is. Or maybe I'm just bad at video games.

Attached: 1504645890239.jpg (1100x660, 68K)

Genesis ost was superior along with the sprite work.

SNES was felt better to play and the physics were better