Why did Valve games had such a good storytelling ?

Why did Valve games had such a good storytelling ?

Attached: m_img_27895.jpg (740x493, 25K)

developer freedom, talented writers, unique gameplay/tech to inspire story

I don't know. I really like Portal though.

They have Pixar animators and some of the best people from the gaming industry working at Valve.

>have
had

they hired jews

Why jews are literally best at everything, are they the lowkey master race?

Non-jewish whites are jealous

Reminder that the black mesa references in Portal were jokes taken seriously. However, because Valve has no filters (see what happened with those 2 cs:go maps), Portal became a main stay in the universe. Hell, the Borealis wasn't even a concepted thought by the time the episodes were being made, but they had to connect to the portal universe somehow.

I hope Laidlaw and Wolpaw are doing okay. I wonder what they were doing in those last years.
They couldn't even work on the TF comics since it's outsourced as far as I'm aware.

I wonder what they are doing, considering they are back at Valve now.

Why can't third worlders use past tense correctly?

You should need to take a fucking essay test to see if you belong posting on an american image board. If you get one grammatical error, you fail instantly. No red line type bullshit either. If you fail, you can't post and can only lurk.

Black Mesa sends out scientists on a random pocket dimension to collect samples, so Aperture doesn't seem that crazy compared to it.
They could always excuse it with muh multiverse since both games make a heavy use of it.

Kinda like Portal as a setting, though. There's something mesmerizing about that giant underground facility. I wrote a short story based on it when I was 17

post it faggot, that was like last year you wrote it then

the borealis existed since the HL2 prototypes though

>Borealis wasn't even a concepted thought by the time the episodes were being made
This is wrong. The Episodes were all about salvaging cut content and concepts from HL2’s development. The idea of an arctic ice shop is an old on, and featured heavily in early HL2 demo and press releases, as well as in the 2003 leak.

Laidlaw is retired. Wolpaw is back at Valve as a contractor.

I'm 23 and English isn't my main language
It was some dumb shit about a team of testers and their daily lives. Had no plot or conflicts to it, just an exercise in "how would the guy spending most of his days looking at the window actually live"

I had imagined that the tests motivation was to generate processing power for the facilities supercalculators, this explained that Aperture got so many weird things, they sprung into the minds of the test subjects when they had a problem they seemingly couldn't solve.

I didnt ask you for spoilers, now post it faggot

Russian concept artists

I deleted it

Wouldn't it technically be past perfect

Half-Life is a fantastic example of visual storytelling.
I've replayed 2 countless times, but the introduction they pull off with City 17 never stops blowing my mind. It does such a great job at drawing you in immediately

From the tautologies you’re making in your post I would t accept you either you fucking retard. English isn’t even my first language and I’m laughing at you.

They just hired really good people. Who are all gone now.

Why do gamers have such a low bar for everything?