Sell a shitload of copies

>Sell a shitload of copies
>Playbase is entirely gone in literally a month
What went wrong?

Attached: 3214089-destinysmallthumb.jpg (320x320, 38K)

boring halo reboot

The suckers paid so who cares if they keep playing.

boring reboot of a boring reboot

lol noone plays destiny2. Its a dead game. lol

>muh 10 year game
>uh here's the sequel 3 years later we deleted all your shit and nothing carries over please pre order

Attached: 1563146327942.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

>buy game
>have a little fun with it until the LL bullshit starts
>do weeklies to get LL, but only once a week goyim
>nothing else to do
>start playing better structured games during the downtime
>forget about the game entirely
>MONTHS PASS
>realize the game is still installed
>uninstall it

Attached: geico.gif (339x300, 791K)

Was there a delay for the steam release? I could swear this shit was going to release in sep

People realized that it was a game that nickle and dimes you but also charged you $60, so they left within half a year for either Warframe or Monster Hunter.
Honestly, both of those games' successes were bolstered by Destiny 2's failure.

>still almost a million playing daily
>playerbase gone
??

Just around a 1 million daily players plus is going ftp which is gonna boost the player base.But to be fair it only started improving around forsaken and yr1 was abysmal.

monster hunter?
>Please it's never needed to leech off of destiny it was popular enough as it was

Did you fuck up there?
Also, no, it was never that popular. It went from a record of 4 million sales as their highest for any game before world to like 9 million.

ah it had nothing to do with the fact that this was the first mh game to
>not look like a ps2 game
>Have various actual interconnected maps
>Be on a mainstream console (Excluding the wii)

People are desperate for AAA developed looter-shooters. That's why so many people fell for this a second time when it came out despite Bungie not proving themselves by the end of D1's life-cycle and knowing this was being developed at the same time Taken King came out.

Ah yes, the console Monster Hunter sales of sub-two million.
How could I forget?

It's a fucking phenomenon in japan, what are you talking about? Yes, World is what's finally dragged them into mainstream in the west, but it was a thriving IP the entire time.

>be stingier than a jew holding his last shekel with loot drops
>then have randomized loot
>then make all of it pointless because theirs no real number crunching or build optimization so only two perks are worth using in this game (damage increase and faster reload)
Bungie shot themselves in the foot by dumbing down the combat to the point of where its pretty much just aim at head, shoot, and repeat for every enemy in the game and then having no real RPG aspects

Yes of MH tri arguably one of the worst mainline MH games to come out.

>It's a fucking phenomenon in japan
And never sell more than 2 million in japan, even less on "rereleases" like any of the G versions.
You don't seem to understand how japanese game sales work. More than a million is conisdered "great" there. Tons of recurring games only sell in the tens of thousands in japan.
Monster Hunter didn't start selling "great" outside of that 2 million installbase until 4U's international sales brought them to the record number of 4 million. 2 million domestic and 2 million international.

Thankfully they're changing the armor and the way loot drops work.Even though it is annoying you can always view the "real number crunching"
on third party websites but they'll probably add it due to fans being annoyed about it.

probably means the amount it sold is so much lower than the current player count.

Is this the Fuck you I like it thread?
Because Fuck you
I like it

Pretty game

Attached: .png (1920x1080, 3.39M)

-Small linear areas
-Have to grind for anything, even then the fun modes are locked
-DLC is a literal joke
-Multiplayer PvsP is the most horrid thing I ever seen.

+Game looks nice
+Feels nice
+Good weapons with funny lore

borderlands 3 puts it to shame . especially since free content updates were announced today

hey randy

>-Have to grind for anything, even then the fun modes are locked

You think destiny is grindy? What the fuck zoomer

the fact that you spotted me mean you're [spoiler ]BADASS [/spoiler]

Post Guardians

Attached: 1566555658726.jpg (892x1080, 208K)

>alright team, D1 was, well, let's call it lukewarm
>we need to knock D2 out of the park
>...I got it!
>let's make all the cooldowns longer, remove all of the gun perks that gave them some semblance of an identity, make it so that you can't use a speeder for hours, and just fuck the crucible completely
And then they actually did it the absolute madmen

Is it better than the first one?

>Phenomenon in Japan
>In Japan
>Japan
>126 Million People, majority of them too old to have grown up with vidya

So... its a third of the US market at max capacity, and you're sure as hell not going to get 100% of any country to buy anything, or even all agree that they have to piss, much less pick a pot to piss in. So you're going to get a percentage. Figure that with the massive fuckhuge nipponweeb crowd, you maybe get a whopping one in ten to come out and consider buying your game.
>12 Million
Of which half will pirate, return it, or use a Lets Play on Youtube
>6 Million
Wow, its fucking nothing!

>Inb4 6 million not fucking nothing
This is generously assuming you even sell that many. Quite simply put, its fucking Japan. They're an island nation that simply does not have enough people to justify product sales all on their own, especially once you take into consideration the large number of people too elderly to have grown up with it. You need the US or Chinese or Indian markets. This is not a want, its a need. Japan on its own is irrelevant.

>Have to grind in a grinding game
>a negative
?????????????????????

Attached: ss+(2019-03-19+at+01.48.41).jpg (795x923, 171K)

Small linear areas
>Apart from titan and mercury what other places are small
>Unless you mean at the very start of the campaign i can't see any areas being linear as the the map is just interconnected
PvP
>It's being somewhat fixed in the next season
Grind for everything
>It's a looter shooter

>Grinding simulator
>When the enemy scales with you.

Attached: 1556754328768.jpg (242x250, 7K)

most activities do have a set limit such as they only scale to a -/+30 light level meaning as long as you are above the recommended light level you should be fine unless you're in the overworld in which case yes you can always one tap enemies.
Better weapons=Better roles=/=not higher light level

>Destiny 1 pvp
>we made halo but with loot
>Destiny 2 pvp
>FUCK YEAH ESPORTS ITS COUNTERSTRIKE NOW EXCEPT THE KILL TIMES ARE INSANELY LONG SO YOU HAVE TO WALK AROUND AS A GROUP SHOOTING AT ONE TARGET AT A TIME UNTIL YOU GET YOUR SWEET INSTANT KILL EVERYONE POWER

Pvp is so bad they have to force people to play it by locking exotics behind it.

destiny 2 vs division 2 vs Anthem vs MonsterHunter vs Warframe

who wins at being the best looter-grind game?

Attached: 662.png (386x328, 42K)

I wish it was anything like halo

the best ttk on primaries is 0.44 seconds and most of the weapons that can achieve this don't need a kill to activate a perk.

It's literally the only game I've ever played that I had to turn the voiceover completely off. After I did it became a much better game, but empty

October 1st now.

>Putting Monster Hunter with those garbage titles

Attached: 12AB5A70-5DD9-4F1E-84E9-467812BCB6CE.jpg (540x801, 70K)

Sup bro

Attached: 1553009921306.jpg (640x853, 124K)

Dude, iceborne looks juiced
Meanwhile destiny is talking about removing paid seasonal content
The fuck do you think??

there's next to no content and multiple season passes

It fits right in, then.

>Solstice Armor requires 75 arc weapon guardian kills
>Run Rumble until my skill in PVP increases entirely through sheer hatred burning like fuel in my soul
On the bright side it helped me escape that quest step of The Last Word

Attached: 1477606012960.jpg (424x628, 62K)

Borderlands

>What went wrong?
Pushing hard with cosmetics and bullshit, removing content from the game just to see it to you as DLC, killing the same 4 enemies in every single planet, forgettable story, those are a few.

how much you pay for that shit?

>dude why doesn't ur stuff carry over in diablo LMAO

I'm glad they did a demo for the second game
everything feeling fucking shit steered me away

Lol it’s above a million daily

I got this game on PC for free. The gameplay is good but everything surrounding it is typical lack of auteur direction, design by committee to maximize profit. I didn't get far.

it's literally free

Did you beat the generic bad guy#15444?

I'll go with Division 2 just because I like tacticool shit and MHW doesn't belong there.
Is Anthem still a thing?
What about Warframe? Feels like it's been forever since I've seen some shilling/bitching about an update.
I tried to look up stuff on the new Destiny 2 content and found out about battle passes and seasonal items/contents.

Attached: 1553026809029.jpg (474x543, 59K)

are we talking about the skin or the game?

the armor set is earned through bright engrams which you get every time you level up
destiny 2 is going ftp in early sept with 2 dlcs

everything great about destiny that was either surprising there at launch or added in over the year 2 and 3 updates was missing in destiny 2 along with some other dumb changes which made no sense and just pissed people off. yeah they actually had a coherent narrative story this time around and that was good, but they fucked up literally everywhere else and that made the replayability suffer, especially when they kept jerking off the same fucking raid with only dinky "raid lairs" as something else for the longest time.

doesn't help bungie went full jew in this one with the crap they expect you to buy.

I guess the game is shit.

Anthem is literally dead. Nobody is playing it and the devs aren't even updating it. Warframes problem is that it has no end game content. You are just grinding for grinding.

All for free, faggot

Attached: 1552069311674.gif (128x128, 151K)

It's shit for shitters so I've got no idea why you aren't lapping it up

Warframe's problem is that it's currently in a year+ content drought and DE are retards that one year ago announced a major expansion while they're working on another major expansion. And now they announced another major expansioms and none of them are out.

Weren't portions of Destiny 1 retconned for Destiny 2? Especially with the traveler.

I mean how does this even happen?

>implying it's anything like Halo
Please. Halo: Combat Evolved had more multiplayer content and a far more coherent story than this dumpster fire did at launch, plus the weapon sandbox felt genuinely enjoyable. Textbook example of "le soul vs soulless" that Yea Forums loves to parrot so much.

Attached: Lmfao.jpg (258x195, 11K)

>make game a grind
>make it harder to grind
>actively lie to your playerbase
>throttle rewards for people grinding too fast
>add micotransactions

Why are all the players leaving? I dont understand...

I got it for free back when forsaken was a thing, without buying the Dlc's the game locked you on lvl25 or something, got a bunch of rare cosmetics opening does engrams, they were not even for the class I was playing att.

Borderlands

Plenty of people still play it. It's a nice MMO-like experience with some unique end game activities and appealing otherworldly visuals. Bungle just fucks up the launch of these games repeatedly for some reason, either Activision or mismanagement.

I stopped playing it after like 6 hours of fun, I wish Bungie didn't waste their talent on such a dogshit franchise

>Their talent
Everybody with talent left Bungie years ago.

Shadowkeep's their first expansion without Activision and the first thing they're doing is making everyone's gear the Forsaken LL cap of 750 at launch and adding all but Forsaken and Shadowkeep story content to the base game when it goes free on Steam.

why would I buy this when halo is coming to pc

>Bungie shot themselves in the foot by dumbing down the combat to the point of where its pretty much just aim at head, shoot, and repeat for every enemy in the game
It’s a fucking FPS what else could they do?

One of the best parts of Destiny is the environments and sky boxes. Every time I go to Nessus I find myself just looking up over at the Leviathan and being amazed by how massive and fucking cool it looks.

>What went wrong?
All the world activities are boring and samey, the PvP is boring and samey while having shit netcode and awful balance, the strikes are all fun the first time but then boring and samey with NF providing no real additional challenge and being largely pointless once you get your big run 200k run to grind the drop. The entire game is just an elaborate shooting gallery where the only thing the player is expected to do is shoot enemies that stand still. If the game had active enemies, fun movement, interesting and unique guns, fun abilities, engaging activities, and raids that didn't all revolve around the same puzzle mechanics with matching plates or throwing balls and then dumping whatever meta weapon does the most damage into the boss it would probably be a really good game.

Yeah it looks really neat, shame it feels so lifeless though

No more than 5v5 multiplayer gametypes for long while after launch, definitely needed 6v6+ option

>>actively lie to your playerbase
>>throttle rewards for people grinding too fast

Was this shit for me personally. I didnt want the game to begin with, but it was the only thing my friend wanted to play at the time. And then he was burnt out at max level 3 weeks later.
But when that little bit of info was shown where they throttled gains to get players to buy their lootboxes and how they handled the backlash it sealed the deal and we stopped entirely.
Also their first DLC or whatever it was that increased max level by 5 and raised the level requirement for some of the base game strikes/dungeons. That was too retarded.

>throttle rewards for people grinding too fast
Their response
>I-it was just a bug guys haha

nubungie gonna p2w that f2p booty so hard

They all have different settings, so you can't really compare.
I play Destiny because I love the atmosphere and the lore, Warframe because it's free and sci-fi.
But I don't care about hunting monsters or post apocalyptic. And just fuck Bioware.

>halo is bad, i only like classic arena shooters!

learn to let go faggot

DLCs

Anthem plays like shit compared to Destiny. Nothing you do feels like it has any punch to it which sucks because jetpacks are cool to move around with. I could never get into Warframe despite trying multiple times, something about it never really clicks even when slicing people with a glaive. Destiny tends to trip over its own shoelaces A LOT but at least its core gameplay is fun enough that if the actual mission structure and PVP were fixed it'd be a pretty great game.