YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SOULS

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SOULS.
ALL OF THEM...
OVER, AND OVER AGAIN.
WITHOUT REALLY KNOWING WHY...
eh he he he he he...

Attached: das2 fire keeper.jpg (480x360, 9K)

I'll never forget that sinking feeling of disappointment after this great opening cinematic.

Man, I hated my first playthrough of DS2 but the game has grown on me over time. I still play it occasionally.

what did she mean by this

darksouls 2 is a great game

I still don't get what the deal was supposed to be with the lake of soul vortex and the time traveling fireflies.

dark souls 2 is a shit game

dark souls 2 is an okay game

>die for the first time
>"This is Dark Souls"
fucking really nigga

Attached: 1563775685473.jpg (602x521, 44K)

Attached: darksouls.jpg (1920x1080, 551K)

DS2 was so dumb
>you will lose your souls
>all of them
>over and over again
>without really knowing why
basically developers saying
>oh you like dark souls because its hard right
>well we made ds2 really hard for you
while making the game as cheap and bullshit as possible until you get enough healing items to last you 10 playthroughs

git gud

the game was unironically more fair than ds1

I beat the game and all dlcs, along with every dark souls game except sekiro because I haven't bought it yet
ds2 is by far the worst souls game in every aspect

But the intro was already disappointing, especially if compared to Demon's Soul and Dark Souls.
Demon's Souls' intro was simple yet intriguing and Dark Souls' intro was all around epic, Dark Souls 2's intro is just a sequence of weird scenes that don't tell you anything about the game.

Attached: shouldhaveputpointsintoADP.webm (1280x720, 1.18M)

congrats on posting the most retarded comment i've seen all day.

If you don't level ADP you should be using a shield. Your fault for being a contrarian.

I guess the AI being pants-on-head retarded and often just running in circles helps ease the annoyance of all the ambush spam.

do you even know what contrarian means? also there is no excuse for 2's shit-tier hitboxes

>dragon on the bridge after first real boss
>ceaseless
>centipede demon
>anor londo archers
>bat wing demons
>capra
>insta death halved hp curse
>the depths in general
>bed of chaos
>the catacombs
>tomb of giants
even off the top of my head ds1 was full of complete bullshit people have rose tinted glasses

Doesn't make ds2 any better. Dark souls 2 is the worst souls game and 95% of people know it in every thread. It's just you and some other drooling retards shitposting

>ds2 gets called out for being shit
>b-b-but other souls games!!!!
>you immediately try to bring everything down to ds2 level

Pathetic

>level design BAD

Using a poorly-constructed build just so you can claim that the game is bad is contrarianism.

why are you so upset over other people’s opinions

I love this one can i save it?

there's literally 0 defense for the hitbox in that webm. builds and gear should have no effect on a character getting hit by an attack in the opposite direction.

>anything remotely interesting and not a hallway with knights is unfair

I fucking hate nu-Souls fans holy shit

Why the fuck do I always feel like my character is never in contact with the floor? There were certain animations that felt unnatural to me.

>dragon on the bridge after first real boss
>insta death halved hp curse
>bed of chaos
These are the only legit complaints on your list. You also left out the scripted death sequence at Seath. The rest just makes you sound like a bitch.

2 is japan's answer to eurojank.

what you say?

Attached: ring_of_sacrifice.png (194x233, 31K)

I don't remember her looking this spooky. Is this some kind of beta?

It's yo momma

First time I've seen a complaint about the depths

Honesty if the health penalty was removed from the game it wouldn’t be so bad. Humanity was fine how it was in DS1, and DS3 did well with the embering system. But here you get punished for dying when you already lose souls.

DARK SOULS 2 BAD

Attached: 1564798547366.png (454x520, 219K)

>das2 fans are basedjack posters
oh no no no

This thing was too op in thr base game. In the scholar edition it got balanced luckily. It took out all the tension of the game.

How was it OP?

Dark souls 2 is nothing but weird levels cobbled together so it makes sense

ADP has nothing to do with standing behind an enemy but still getting stabbed

>you should have put points into the stat that gives you i-frames on roll
retard tier argument by a retard that stomachs that garbage tier game

Attached: shouldhaveputpointsintoADP0.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Oh shit i was thinking it was the ring of life protection, sorry user.

I stand defeated. Dark souls 2 is the best.

Attached: 3 ADP.webm (857x480, 2.33M)

The thing that makes Dark Souls 2's intro so good is that it sets the tone for the game really well. It's a desolate and harrowing experience. It's much more personally driven in that as it informs you that you're losing your grasp on not just your memories as a human but your very sense on self.

>oh look the roll is good because he put points into adp
I'll copy and paste it
retard tier argument by a retard that stomachs that garbage tier game

Attached: shouldhaveputpointsintoADP1.webm (940x529, 2.34M)

Cry more faggot. I replayed DS2 several times and never had this problem.

Attached: 560.png (680x261, 133K)

>I replayed DS2 several times
because you have taste buds on your asshole retard

I think objectively it's a worse than 3, but i enjoy it more than 3. 3 felt like the mgs4 of the series where they didn't really want to be making these anymore, but it sells and they had no choice, so here you go.

Sorry I'm not an autist like you who can't enjoy all DS games.

deep brah, no wonder high iq dudes like me love ds2 more than the others especially the crap ds1

The other game's intros are all about the world and whose bosses you'll face.
In 2 it's about you and what you lost to get there, it's introspective and about what makes people go mad. Bloodborne emphasized the "bottom of the lake crazy shit" thing they made with the entire world in 2 being underneath a Lake.
Drangleic, Dranglake.

this but unironically

I'm glad I played DS2 before DS1/DS3 or I would have felt fucking betrayed.

i was unironic too

then you are unironically based

>Alll these complains
>Nothing about Sen's Fortress.
That's the worst area of any souls game. When the big ball thing changed directions even after I pushed the lever I almost quit the game. Good that right after it became fun again but holy shit what a mess.

>it is now autism to dislike bad things

Imagine this same complain but with HP instead.
>I shouldn't be one shot even if I don't put points into HP!

In ds2 you use the ring of life protection and you can fix it pretty cheap when it breaks.

Why did people hate the opening of DS2? The whole opening sequence was pure ludo and some of the prettiest parts of the game.

I'm 99% sure this is due to lag. Actually, I'm 100% sure. I played through this game several times across 3 platforms, and I've never experienced anything close to that. And one dude with a Walmart internet connection somehow gets it several times? Bull shit.

>being so bothered by minuscule things that rarely happen, and can be easily avoided anyway, to the point where you ignore all the great things about the game

Yep, autism. Shut up nerd.

It makes no sense in the context of the rest of the game.

This, ds2 story is pretty good, and it concentrates more on the curse as a sickness and how it slowly destroys everything.

Probably because one is a numerical value and the other is whether or not you get hit regardless of the physical location of your character in an action game about dodging enemy attacks

>I can't enjoy all DS games
duh you retard gorilla nigger, I clearly dont enjoy DS2 from everything that I posted
also thisthe number of things that are good in this game are miniscule compared to the things that aren't

Show your Steam playtime hours for this game.

>Dragon in the bridge
Agreed, bullshit trap
>Ceaseless
Discharge? Never heard a complaint about him, he's a boss so easy and unremarkable I tend to forget him on repeat playthroughs. His attacks are slow and easily avoidable and his hp isn't even that high.
>Centipede Demon
On one hand, an easy boss, on another hand lava, but even if you don't go for the ring immediately you can summon Solaire.
>Archers
Roll or block. Just because you suck at that doesn't mean it's a problem.
>Demons
Easily killable and only a major problem if you aggro all of them. Some even kill themselves pretty easily.
>Capra
Is this a meme? Why is he a problem? He's average for difficulty, and the game by now should have taught you to be on edge and ready for threat management. The close quarters aren't that bad considering you can cheese the dogs and demon with the steps pretty easily.
>Curse
Legitimate complaint once again.
>Depths
Well the cursing part, yeah, and navigation can be a bitch. It's definitely a mixed area considering I enjoyed the exploration but hated the limited movements.
>Bed of chaos
Legitimate complaint.
>Catacombs
Only a real problem if you're going early for the RoK. Otherwise it's like any area with threat management and testing skill and your arsenal. The necromancers make it harder but even then it's manageable.
>ToG
I agree once again. Gimmick of darkness being the difficulty is always annoying.

Attached: darksouls2.png (471x114, 96K)

I don't agree with all of these being unfair bullshit but rather just bullshit. As in really bad design. DkS1 is overrated to hell

has anyone managed a no deaths run?

People have managed no-death no-bonfire (meaning no estus) runs.
Personally the most I’d attempt to challenge is sl1, no death would be too much for me.

then that old lady is a lyin bitch

Perfectly dodgeable at 5 ADP

I agree that DaS1 is overrated. But DaS2 is an even worse game and arguably even more overrated because people still insist on defending against even its most heinous design flaws.
Dark Souls 3 is the most polished entry in the trilogy.

Nice nigger meme

great kino stuck in a shit game

Was Dark Souls 2 a simulation?

all games are simulations