Late 90's-early 2000's gems

Late 90's-early 2000's gems.
Looking for more obscure games that didn't necessarily review well but games that you would recommend.

Attached: True_Crime_-_New_York_City_Coverart.jpg (256x324, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnC4uSeNnM
youtube.com/watch?v=R3agJR4GNh8
youtu.be/xFyRQQkV7Wo?t=8
youtu.be/ywWxc0HfXyU?t=111
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vexx

This wasn't obscure or forgotten, its sequel Sleeping Dogs has become one of the most overrated games ever made. You fuckin' incel. Fuck you.

Attached: image.jpg (520x856, 209K)

Sleeping Dogs isn't its sequel. Sleeping Dogs started out as a new IP, then got pointlessly labelled as True Crime 3 when the publisher acquired the True Crime IP, then got that label removed again.

Scaler

Spy Fiction
Ghosthunter
Primal
Headhunter 1 and 2
Cold Fear
Darkwatch

Do me a fuckin' favor, faggot, go fuck yourself.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x576, 318K)

Next time do your research before you try to sound like a smartass you fucking peanut

Attached: 1610873970522.jpg (441x352, 32K)

I don't have to, you fuckin' sneed. You just made yourself look like the gayest nerd on the entire site you pathetic piece of social refuse.

Attached: image.jpg (1115x625, 148K)

Attached: Neighbours-from-Hell-1-1.png (800x600, 489K)

XGRA, the last Extreme G motorbike racing game.
Imagine F-Zero, Excitebike and Mario Kart had an orgy, and this is the mutant retard baby that resulted. Also developed by Brits and has a refreshing early 2000s curiosity about the future. Excellent speed differences between the different difficulties, great combat that doesn't detract from the racing, lots of racing objectives in the GP mode that don't revolve around weapons, great track variety.
Oh, and when you're in the higher speed modes, you can break the sound barrier and the only audio is from the RIGHT millenium-era house and jungle music.

keep replying to me

Attached: 1610873970522.png (500x478, 363K)

what does any of that have to do with being a bitter virgin besides your projection

Attached: 50_Cent_Blood_on_the_Sand.jpg (256x320, 38K)

neighbour-based

Inceeeeeeeeeel.

Attached: image.jpg (620x640, 265K)

Based
Not based

Attached: 1610873970522.png (1500x1401, 871K)

*nc*l

Attached: image.jpg (696x390, 92K)

>RIGHT
Goddamn it, TIGHT
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnC4uSeNnM

Only 69% on metacritic, but it's a personal 10/1# for me, and a strong 8/10 to anyone with taste

Attached: GXAE51.png (1024x680, 1.03M)

Second sight
Smuggler run
Matrix games
Beyblade vforce

>It's not forgotten or obscure
Only reason most people know about it is because of Sleeping Dogs, like you.

I learned from this to never steal a niggas crystal skull.

does custom robo count

You are aware some people who played a bunch of GTA clones grew up with it right?

Sleeping Dogs just happens to be the best in the series and is the most well remembered as a result.

> admits most people know about it
> 'i-it's still obscure though!'

Attached: image.jpg (603x501, 212K)

>Matrix games

Why did people hate Enter The Matrix again? It was a serviceable Max Payne clone with some interesting ideas.

Path of Neo is a fun beat'em up

I'll make you rim me

Attached: 1566718370405.jpg (316x418, 148K)

It wasnt muh neo, the ship level is kinda a shitty end, and the werewolf vampire levels drag. Its underrated though

That's so Jewish.

Attached: image.jpg (720x719, 164K)

It’s definitely underrated, but why do some consider it one of the worst games of all time? That seems like an overly extreme reaction to a perfectly playable and fun game. Surely being able to play as Neo didn’t make THAT much of a difference?

I think it was the hype machine, and the movie being worse too. It got unfairly tainted

This generation of gaming was so fucking based.

Attached: Darkwatch.jpg (220x285, 19K)

The atmosphere of this game was monumental for a ps2 open world, it really feels like NY City during spooky October times

Too bad the driving was dogshit, without this it would've crushed San Andreas

Attached: 89809.true-crime-new-york-city.evaut_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg (640x448, 79K)

Based

I didn't like new york city
not because it was a mediocre sequel to a fantastic game, but because it constantly fucking froze

Oh yeah, the game was one big advertisement for the final movie, wasn’t it? And given that The Matrix was one of the biggest media franchises back then, it makes sense that people might have had unreasonable expectations for a game.

Still, Enter isn’t perfect, but it some really great aspects to it, like The Agents being these unkillable enemies that can only be beaten by either explosives or environmental hazards (you get the best pistol in the game for killing one too), or the hacking minigame which have the game a ton of replay value. Even the boss fights were neat.

Honestly, the fact that Path of Neo became a cult classic is proof that ETM wasn’t a bad game at it’s core.

Looks neat, weird that I never heard of it.

Attached: final fight streetwise.jpg (2595x1722, 799K)

> not posting Beat Down instead
You're so fuckin' gay. Fuck you bitch.

Attached: image.jpg (1674x854, 237K)

Kill.switch. I remember playing this as a kid, but I don't think I ever played it through, and since English isn't my first language I probably didn't understand much of the story anyway. Been playing it a little on an emulator now and while age shows, I think it's a fairly enjoyable shooter that popularized cover mechanics in 3rd person shooters and the story seems OK too. Nothing fancy or new though.

Attached: ps2_kill_switch.jpg (353x500, 45K)

Backyard Wrestling

Stuntman was also pretty damn fun.

Attached: ps2_stuntman-110214.jpg (640x908, 78K)

Fuck off you piece of shit, this game was complete shovelware.

Attached: image.jpg (1334x750, 288K)

I was just listening to the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=R3agJR4GNh8

Attached: 1564881979869.png (274x258, 46K)

Trash, get some taste trailer boy. And take a fuckin' shower bitch.

Attached: image.jpg (500x494, 194K)

FF is miles better.

Soldier of Fortune
Commandos
Red Faction
Project Eden
MDK 2

I sense a pattern here.
A pattern of BAD TASTE

t. third world faggot motherfucker

Attached: image.jpg (838x643, 867K)

god i fucking loved that game and had lots of memorable quotes

CHICO THAT AINT NO FUCKIN PIZZA!

You're Mexican, aren't you?

Attached: image.jpg (480x360, 102K)

youtu.be/xFyRQQkV7Wo?t=8

Drakan
Severance : Blade of Darkness
Hidden and Dangerous
ZanZarah : The Hidden Portal
Impossible Creatures

True Crime LA was good too, and the map was massive. I spent hours just driving around

youtu.be/ywWxc0HfXyU?t=111

We pick up the bird, we pick up the kid, and we take them to Charlie.

Attached: 81lwy18tAlL._AC_SL1368_.jpg (967x1368, 265K)

t. boomer tranny

Forgot all about the getaway 1 and 2, I think I still have them around here somewhere. Such a good recreation of London

How long did it take you to post that with your fuckin' shitty little monkey ass internet connection, nigger?

Attached: image.jpg (620x465, 155K)

I need to try this game again, I rented it as a child but couldn't get past the level after the initial car chase, I remember it being really realistic as in you couldn't take much damage and there was no hud or anything

What I love about Streets of LA is that it’s like a time capsule of early noughties pop culture:

>soundtrack consisting of hip-hop and screamo
>Kung Fu
>bullet time
>Puma product placement
>playable Snoop Dogg

Playing it today feels like going back in time.

15 seconds

That's so sad.

Attached: image.jpg (878x459, 315K)

Please lads, that game was mega janky and clearly slapped together. I vaguely remember it being virtually broken in parts. Not saying it wasn't fun mind, used to have a blast just playing through the post office over and over. Especially if you hacked in the infinite focus cheat. But don't kid yourselves, it was a sprawling mess of a game

Seriously OP, if you have not played Blade of Darkness, do it. This game is much better than the zoomer trash that is dork souls.

shame they fucked up the sequel.

Attached: IQWnwSE.png (947x536, 459K)

The only place it seemed kind of slapped together was the construction site level, which is still playable, that and the fact the final mission is shit. There's no game-breaking bugs in it though.

I think the bigger problem the game has is the fact it has a bunch of mechanics that are just added, but are never used much. Did you know that the game has a stealth system? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't because it barely gets used and is 100% optional and shallow anyway. Another problem is that the story is kind of all over the place towards the end. The powerplant mission is one of the best in the game from a gameplay perspective, but the actual story justification for it is nearly non-existent.

You've got to remember that the game was absolutely torn apart by critics when it first released. We're not saying the game is perfect, we're just saying that it doesn't deserve to be considered on par with Ride To Hell: Retribution.

i remember being able to dry hump people in this game.