Persona 5 Royal PV#3

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_BMZivKRc

Those looks like Nyarly's tentacles but we all know that that's not gonna be the case

Attached: 1567164053928.jpg (1919x1079, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kP5PHarS_Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=kP5PHarS_Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=dvUe6hcOsn8
youtube.com/watch?v=mBxe83yQ32I
gameinformer.com/2019/08/27/five-fun-facts-about-the-artist-behind-persona-and-catherine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GORO REDEMTPION ARC OR I KEEP MY MONEY
literally the ONLY thing wrong with persona 5 if you ignore everything after Shido's palace.

I'm just hoping we get plenty of new music. I mean Beneath the Mask is great and all but it sometimes felt like the only song in the game with how often it plays

>a psycho who murdered the parents of not one but two party members
>redemption
There's no redemption from that. He might not die in Royal, at least not in Shido's dungeon, but he's still irredeemable and going to jail, like Adachi did.

>half the trailer is focused on the new girl again
Is it even worth playing if Atlus is trying to shove their new waifu down my throat the entire game?

Mementos is getting a new track which is a relief

>half the trailer is focused on the new girl again
Is it even worth playing if Atlus is trying to shove their new waifu down my throat the entire game?

youtu.be/kP5PHarS_Fo
Joker trailer

>GORO REDEMTPION ARC OR I KEEP MY MONEY
Imagine being this fucking pleb.

joker trailer

Christ dude

Attached: tfw dindu.png (512x512, 96K)

P5S teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dvUe6hcOsn8

God i wish it was nyarly

why did they put so much time into hinting at him returning and the overarching story being more involved with P1/P2 in P4A only to never do anything with it

im like 10 hours into normal Persona 5 should I quit and wait for this or keep going?

im like 10 hours into normal persona 5 should i quit and wait for this one?

why is evil goro in the party

>Joker can lift two little girls and a barbell

Can he be stopped?

It's only coming to the west next spring, so you have enough time. Also being familiar with the base game will make you appreciate the changes they made in Royal more. It's not like you're deciding to spend your money on the game or hold off, you already bought it, so go ahead and enjoy it.

>benching the lolis
They know their audience.

Imagine not believing in forgiveness and allowing others the chance to atone.

Attached: 1556496851422.png (852x418, 522K)

Probably some shitty "Enemy of my enemy is my firend" shit

That's right, boy, only cucks believe in "atonement".
But it's true that dead Akechi is of no use to anyone. While if he survives, he can be used by the good guys for the greater good.

*Kills your entire family through violent, slow torture*
*Then chops off all your limbs except one arm*
*Permanently scars the rest of your body*
Teehee whoopse I didn't actually mean it, my bad upbringing made me like this, sowwie :3 We cool now right? BFFs! :*

>but we all know that that's not gonna be the case
You'll never see it coming.

Attached: NyarlaKashiharaTaunting.png (164x154, 25K)

>W-why that guy get a redemption?? he should be killed
>Please don't kill Adachi, he's /our guy/ that spittin' the truth
Kys hypocrite incels

>Atlus puts spoilers in their video thumbnails
The absolute madmen

Nyarly was cockblocked from being used in Arena because it was a spinoff and he's too important for that.

This is the modern way of thinking that allows rapists and murderers to leave jail and commit more atrocities against normal innocent people.

Nobody has explained yet why do these criminals DESERVE a second chance, their victims didn’t get a second chance, the damage they did is permanent.

Cool, but where's the fucking PC port?

Attached: a32.jpg (720x706, 33K)

What spoilers? Akechi has been officially shown alive and well after the date when he's killed in the original game for weeks now. And we've known that way before that, thanks to his stupid striped pants getting in a camera shot in an early trailer.

This is old news guys.

Attached: E4C5FF92-D2BF-4530-AB70-5A25D0B20CFE.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

Good. Then Adachi should be hanged too.

Attached: 1567168268472.png (480x1360, 407K)

>spoilers
Goddamn you fags are slow with the news, don't force me to go that autism den that is /vg/ please

Based Ma-ya.

Adachi was just some brooding loser who got possessed by a disco eyeball. And he's top meme material.
Akechi was well off the deep end with no such disco excuse. Killed many many more people of his own free will, including party members' parents and Joker himself.
Very different situations.

Not really a major one I suppose, but Akechi being the "man in the black mask".

Go on, go there, we won't hold you. But you're sure to be back immediately, because nobody in their right mind would want to stay in that cesspool for a second.

Oh, you mean spoilers for the BASE game? It's a bit too late for that, don't you think?

Also, Adachi is no different from Akechi. Both are homicidal psychos who deserve no redemption or sympathy. Adachi just had less victims.

Goro is gonna be redeemed because there's too much money in that

Nyarly was too important to be used in a spinoff like Arena, he was clearly saved for a mainline entry.

Akechi wouldn't kill again though? And he was manipulated by his father.

He can only be "redeemed" in the dream world where he didn't kill Wakaba, Okumura and the others. But we know that this dream world is false, so after it's going to get demolished, Akechi's crimes will remain just as real.

Pancakes is a fucking murderer nigga

I hate it but Yea Forums seems to be less informed and not up to date with the news making it harder to dissect shit here, fuck I just want to talk about Persona and complain about Atlus' bullshit in a non-circlejerk and relatively less turboautistic environment

I want him to come back but nuAtlus sucks dick

Will this even be worth the time/money? From what I heard, P4G and Full Body were garbage that added nothing worthwhile

>less informed and not up to date with the news
What news?
And it's not like /pg/ is going to discuss the actual game with you. It's all waifu/fujoshit posting these days. Any attempts at an actual discussion will be ignored.

No, he approached his father and offered to do his dirty work in order to get close to him, get him to win the election, and kill him once he's so close to his goal.

The only garbage part of P4G was Marie. The gameplay changes were great. Haven't played Full Body, but the new "girl" does seem to be out of place, since the game used to be all about the linear chaos-law alignment scale like SMT originally.

He won’t go to jail. Shido didn’t get tried for murder because It couldn’t be proven.

He's murdered countless people, but yeah lets just throw all of that under the bridge. Pancakes amirite XD
Yes, yes he should

Isn't she a big part of P4G though? She even gets her own dungeon

Not really. Marie pretty much only exists inside her social link and her one dungeon.

No, he didn't offer to kill people. He didn't know he could do that.
Shido made him do that.

Attached: snapshot.jpg (1280x720, 348K)

He fucking brought a SWAT squad with him into the other world to capture Joker. Wasn't that enough proof?
Anyway, it's not like they need proof. If he's "redeemed" like Adachi, then he'll just confess, which is more than enough in the Japanese legal system. And if not, Sae would pull some strings to get him behind the bars anyway.

The dungeon was good on its own, and you can just pretend she wasn't in any of the cutscenes canonically.

The futuristic dungeon you can see near the end of the trailer looks like it could be the interior of Xibalba from Persona 2
In some screenshots there's also a lovecraftian demon that didn't appear since Persona 2

Attached: xibalba.jpg (500x360, 43K)

>Those looks like Nyarly's tentacles but we all know that that's not gonna be the case
Why? They already showed new P2 demons.

Look if you are on the good guy team you don't have to think about your actions, that was the moral of P5. Introspection only exists for bad people.

>There's no redemption from that
Did you not play p5? They already forgave the guy for his actions and were ready to accept him as a proper team member.

Actually I saw a fair amount of speculation right after trailers and so on, the trick is to get the fuck away after their ten minutes of lucid thinking is over.
Seriously fuck generals

Alright then, I guess we'll have to see if Royal fucks up the new party member then. Considering it's being made so quickly after vanilla Persona 5, there's hope that the same team is still around and won't fuck everything up, right?

Yes he did. Akechi approached him with an offer, he says that in another scene. Sure, Shido made some hit requests for him, but he didn't and couldn't "order" him. Akechi did that out of his own volition. Killed for Shido, for Shido's associates, even worked for Okumura to hurt the image of the other food chains, very possibly killed or droven people mad for his own gain, to set up crimes and then "solve" them to create the reputation of a "detective prince" for himself.

Nah, that's the new palace that appears in Tokyo somewhere here. It's not Xibalba.
Although if Nyarly really is coming back then it raises some interesting questions. Like, for example, what happens to "the other side"? The original doomed timeline.

Well the first time they were faking. Second time you could argue they just didn't want him to die and were just faking it to some degree. But that would be pure speculation as the game doesn't really support it.

>there's hope that the same team is still around and won't fuck everything up, right?
Eh, I mean, some of the team split to work on Catherine, then there were the dancing games so it doesn't look too good in that regard.

I did, and I remember it well. It was fucking awful. Easily the lowest moment of the game.

Was either Haru or Futaba who explicitly said they don't forgive him, but is willing to work with him so he doesn't get in their way again, and so he doesn't kill himself over his grand plan falling apart I guess.
No idea why they would even offer that given that he just killed (shadow) Joker in the previous month. Real trusting bunch.

Hashino left Purse Owner and the direction is left to Wada (also the P4G director).
They're pushing the new girl a lot, from the trailers I gather they want her to be some kind of misguided antagonist with lots of pity points, could backfire hard if it feels too forced

Years away. Will probably still come faster than Persona 6 though, knowing Atlus' technical incompetence.

Forgot my image.

Attached: p5r palace.png (904x1336, 1.25M)

>Akechi did that out of his own volition.
That's why it's called manipulation. The kid is starving for any kind of recognition since he's seen as a failure by society and Shido made use of that.
Of course Akechi's to blame too but painting him as some kind of unredeemable psychopath completely misses the game's message.

All of those FE chars have canonically killed people without giving a second chance.

Wasn't the original timeline destroyed? i'm asking cause i never finished P2

I don't know if that would be even relevant since the original P2 timeline is a complete deadend

You can't be "manipulated" into multiple murders, you have free will, a head on your shoulders to make the decision not to cross the line. It's not like Akechi was made to trigger mental shutdowns or psychotic breakdowns with a gun at his head or anything. He accepted and did the jobs willingly, because that was getting him closer to his goal of being recognized by his father. Which he also wanted to murder. How's that not an irredeemable psycho?

Aww my hostel is just out of frame.

You realize that every single Fire Emblem character is a cold-blooded murderer who committed countless war crimes right?

Bitch. SHIDO CONFESSED. They still couldn’t do anything.

>it's another Yea Forums pretends to have played P5 episode
Boring

i just wish they completely erase everything haru related.

In Eternal Punishment the memories of "the other side" return to Tatsuya, who basically gets possessed by his other self from the original timeline. And since remembering "the other side" goes against their contract with Philemon, Nyarly starts to stir shit up in the new timeline as well. And at the end of the game the "original" Tatsuya gets sent back to "the other side". So I'm assuming the original timeline with Sumaru City floating over the post-apocalyptic world still exists in some form.

>He accepted and did the jobs willingly,
Did you forget the scene where Shido tells Goro to kill like 5 people because they “might” get in his way? Goro says that he doesn’t want to and it’s unnecessary and Shido says “DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CROSS ME?!”

>That's why it's called manipulation
There comes a point where "I was made to do it!" doesn't really cut it. It isn't like he was completely mental or not in control. Also didn't he mention killing before Shido made him do stuff? It was to get his attention, but that is still pretty horrendous.

>some kind of unredeemable psychopath completely misses the game's message.
Well it ain't like p5 really knew where it was going with stuff a lot of the time. It is more than happy to portray certain people as complete monsters, call some characters unforgivable while others get a slap on the wrist for major crimes. You know the whole change someone's heart stuff never really sat well with me, especially as the game doesn't really question it. I was hoping that R would add a story line where someone else was going in to change hearts, but to something the gang didn't want. Would really question the whole freedom good etc idea it was pushing.

The concept itself makes sense (even counting his retarded plan), it could have worked if they built that up over the course of the game instead of infodumping his backstory during a couple of hamfisted scenes. As it is now his character is a complete clusterfuck of too many elements, anything you could get in hindsight while replaying the game is still too little.
At least that's one of the things I think they realized with P5R, the way his confidant was done was fucking retarded

>akechi redeemed
Good for the fujos I guess
youtu.be/kP5PHarS_Fo

But they did? Sae is leading the case against Shido. That's the whole reason Joker turned himself in in the end, to help build the case with his testimony.

Akechi is a good boy he dindu nuffin

Attached: Untitled.png (1120x675, 626K)

Yes. Shido was tried for blackmail, conspiracy, etc. But not for murder. Because that can’t be proven.

So what? Akechi was against the idea because Shido wasn't being himself, because he was sort of panicking at the time, since he was being targeted by the PTs. Akechi wasn't against the idea of killing those people, he was against the idea of so getting rid of Shido's enemies so blatantly and simultaneously, which could point the suspicion at Shido and himself.
Or did you forget that by that point Akechi had multiple murders on his conscience already?

>You can't be "manipulated" into multiple murders
Of course you can if you've been treated like trash your whole life.
Keep in mind he's mostly killing criminals in positions of power so from his point of view he'd be thinking "Why am I being treated like trash when criminals like you can live a carefree life?"
Shido probably eased him from killing criminals into killing innocents. It's a slippery slope and once he had killed someone he couldn't just turn back.

Because SHITTY ADULTS caused most of his life circumstances which they can relate to, although I think only Ann, Makoto and Futaba actually felt sorry for him. Haru and Yusuke were like "Ok that sucks but still fuck you" and Ryuji and Morgana were like "Fuck you". Although I think they still felt bad that he got figured out by Shido and "died" before he could take him down with them; it looked like things were going well until cognitive Akechi showed up.

Good thing he’s saving Joker!

Attached: A255043E-A78A-471D-B378-1E4DC83B070A.jpg (2048x1066, 148K)

Who is that girl? Why is she there?

Thats Akechi.

New party member, Kasumi Yoshizawa.

Attached: 5BDDEC8A-142A-4EC1-B78A-B00A679C0440.png (1334x750, 3.28M)

Imagine being Futaba or Haru and Joker likes the dude that killed your parent more than you

Yeah, it's a good concept but in various ways a failed execution.
Especially foreigners who aren't fully aware of his position in society will find it hard to empathise with him.

>replaying a 90h+ jrpg that isn't even that old for little extra-tidbits
I genuinely don't know who would do that

Attached: 1425830933676.png (180x204, 21K)

>Please don't kill Adachi, he's /our guy/ that spittin' the truth
All he did was push bitches and whores into the TV

Haru’s dad deserved it.

Kind of seems like you are adding in a lot of headcanon to justify his actions. At some point you are just robbing him of any responsibility. He pushed to get where he was and never resisted the position. Most people who do shitty things had a shitty life, they are still responsible for their actions.

Merchandising

And? He's still going to jail. The cases that can be proven are just an excuse to put him behind the bars. That's like how things are often done in the real world.
Not to mention Persona is a video game, and Adachi in P4 still somehow got convicted for murders where no cause of death could've been determined. The point is - Akechi won't get away scot-free even if he survives.

In P4A he's shown that he's still under investigation because they don't know how he did it

Are the tentacles notNyarly's or just Futaba's Persona trying to stop Kasumi after she goes crazy for some reason?

Joker will save anyone that needs to be saved

You paint Akechi like he has next to no willpower. And that should be an aggravating circumstance, like substance intoxication.

>Adachi in P4 still somehow got convicted for murders
He didn't.
Ultimax is him twiddling his fingers in a holding cell because 'threw that bitch in a tv' isn't enough evidence.

Yes, but Goro didn’t do anything besides the murders.

>masks taken off
>no personas summoned
Immersion broken.

I believe the reason was actually they couldn't prove that throwing bitches in tv is a bad thing to do.

Whenever something dumb happens in a 2D cutscene, a wizard did it.

They’re not off per se.

But everything after Shido's palace is where everyone agrees that it picks back up. It's in between Shido and the first couple palaces where the problems become apparent

I replayed P3 and 4 immediately after I finished them. Replaying an expanded version of the game a couple of years later is nothing.

So the boat scene in the original game just doesn't exist or?

putting your mask up isn’t new

Attached: E89EFCD5-D20E-4A67-AB93-38F72A27455A.png (1334x750, 2.42M)

>Arena
Not canon as far as I'm concerned.

Stop breaking my immersion retroactively.

Whether you like it or not it is.

Wakaba appears to be alive so I guess there's just some fuckery going on

It’s canon because on the TV in P5 it talks about Yukari’s acting career.

Coincidence.

Cool story, still murder.

Switch-beggars still seething

Attached: 1563151827538.png (512x512, 275K)

I don't understand how he has garnered a fanbase.
Even if you can pull some mental gymnastics to justify his actions, there's not a single thing appealing about him.

His VA sounds faked in, his design is the most generic out of the whole bunch, his personality is that of a Mary Sue. He spends half the game as you enemy, and the other half the game as a traitor.

Explain to me why anyone would like him. Clearly there a people that find something interesting here.

Fujos aren't human.

Fujos.

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=mBxe83yQ32I

No one is talking about Nintendo or the switch user.
You need to let go of that obsession with them.

He's pretty

Fujos
That's literally it

Attached: 1564805898156.jpg (318x315, 21K)

>His VA sounds faked in,
Maybe that’s because his personality for most of the game is fake? Just maybe?
>his design is the most generic out of the whole bunch,
Not really. I really like his mask and Personas.
>his personality is that of a Mary Sue.
No it fucking isn’t.
>He spends half the game as you enemy, and the other half the game as a traitor.
Am I not allowed to like villains?

He's a pretty boy that makes fujos wet.

That's it.

Why do fujos like him?
I can't see a single desirable trait.

Attached: 4FA7E931-F367-40E4-BD9C-B0537AF6D987.jpg (1024x1024, 186K)

You're only allowed to like good villains.

Attached: Kirahand.jpg (705x779, 367K)

Adachi was right about one thing, that idealism people carry does become dulled out as time goes on. He was salty about the whole "Talent" issue but he had a point about stagnation.

Can you blame them after atlus trolled them by bringing Joker to smash and P5S to switch but not the actual P5?

I liked him when he was a smug asshole, I like both of his VAs, I like loki, and I like the dance he does in his all out attack.
However I only like him if I pretend that's all he has going for him because wew lad.

He's a bishounen with a '''sad''' backstory who is involved with the pretty boy MC for most of the story, fujos don't really need too much more than that

It’s really something I realized after going through NG+.

Attached: quietly seething.jpg (3606x3022, 1.45M)

Braindead shonenfags like him because he's the MC's rival

He's the Sasuke of Persona 5

Good thing he is!

Goro being a fake bitch is the best bit about his character

>Maybe that’s because his personality for most of the game is fake? Just maybe?
So they made it deliberately shit. How wonderful.

Not really. I really like his mask and Personas.
I guess that's subjective. But do name the party member that looks worse than him.

>Am I not allowed to like villains?
There's a difference between a villain and a puppet rat

>No it fucking isn’t.
Fuck off back to /pg/. Subhuman trash like you is beyond reason.

I wouldn't wish that title even on Sasuke

Fujos love making his hot dad fuck him lol

>he’s a mary sue because I said so!
Akechi is arrogant, prideful, stupid, and forgetful. That’s not a fucking Mary Sue.

If anything I think he might be one of the few decent characters left in P5R if they realized how much they fucked up with him in the original, I can see the other PT becoming (even more of) a hivemind that exists only to say a line per turn in the new storyline with Kasumi hogging the spotlight

>be Masayoshi Shido
>furiously beating off inside office to relieve the stress of making japan great again
>fuck I really could use a blowjob
>hear knock on the door
>its Goro Akechi
>oh fuck
>"Oh Shido-san a-a-are you busy?"
>you open the door
>"Aren't you a little young to be an ace detective?!"
>Goro looks confused and says to you"I just turned 18 last week S-S-Shido-san"
>you grab him and tell him to get in
>you push him down to his knees and he looks frightened
>"W-W-Wwhat are you doing Shido-san!?!"
>you start unzipping your pants and shout out at him "SHUT THE FUCK UP! Suck on this daddy dick for awhile!"
>"S-S-Shido-san I'm not like that!"
>you slap him across the face push his down on your throbbing wonton roll
>"Neither am I!"

Attached: Char Armstrong.png (408x492, 199K)

>play dumb and say something stupid
>rake in the (you)s
Wew

So Yaldy's daughter from the future/fragment that escaped from him/whatever decide to make her joins at the same time as Makoto?

joker casually benching 80kg +caroline and justine who probably weigh about 20 kgs each, for a casual 120 kg bench for reps at 17 years old.

How can p3 and p4 s-o-y boys even compete

Attached: 1513198234688.png (490x684, 305K)

>joker's more swole than you

Attached: spotting potential.png (640x482, 348K)

>My P5 party was Joker, Morgana, Makoto, and Akechi
>It got ruined after the Casino
>Can have my JUSTICE party back
Based Atlus

Attached: 1494627021722.png (2698x1920, 3.47M)

yeah but you can only have loki

>He thinks he will get to use Robin hood
Bruh look at this dude

>Justice of the Innocent (Joker)
>Justice of the People (Morgana)
>Justice of the Law (Makoto)
>Justice of the Media/Dark Justice (Akechi)
Also is it confirmed that Robin Hood isn't used at all?

Attached: 1494626159325.png (1024x490, 345K)

I have too big of a gay crush on goro to want anything to happen to him by god things, he better not die

>Cucked out of Loki in the vanilla version
>Cuckdd out of RH in the re-release
It's a strange kind of feeling

Persona 5 (SCOOPS)

Attached: 1474926142367.jpg (324x632, 277K)

the TV in P5 says he's still under investigation 5 years after P4
they still can't prove him guilty of these crimes

Thats a dramatized TV show based on the Inaba killings, it's not actually Adachi and the coppers.

Attached: 1389033137241.png (960x704, 594K)

[citation needed]

He would be a must pick in the party if he could use two Personas.

Attached: 7007CD98-D0FA-405D-9199-235E8C5E99DE.jpg (1886x1080, 153K)

>that dance
What a dork.

>joker after p5r

Attached: clarence.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

>not being an idort in 2019

Attached: joshua cringe.jpg (471x479, 62K)

But he's cute.

>literally the ONLY thing wrong with persona 5
Lol there's much more wrong with this boring ass glorified virtual novel

Makoto should've been Justice.

she should have been empress, you mean

Fatso.

No. I mean Justice.

akechis entire plan was to serve eventual justice

because they were saving him for p5. p4cucks btfo.

>Kasumi's jaw drops to the floor when she see's Chad Akira's superior dance moves

You can literally pinpoint the exact second her pussy begins dripping juices.

He's been shown as a party member with his Loki outfit (which is directly tied to the tweest), he's getting redeemed.
The prevailing theory is that Akechi frees them from the dream world (where Morgana becames a human, Futaba gets her mother back, etc).

>Akira

>akira
fuck off normie

Yes, Akira Kurusu. That's his name.

I don't know who this Ren Mamamiya Let Me Go is.

none of the new music is as good as the original.

>her pussy begins dripping juices.
More like her face receding into itself from cringing too hard.

>Ren

Why are all Persona 5 fans always cucks who drool over anime men fucking their """"waifus""""?

>Nyarlyfags will get cucked because Atlus would have to admit P1/P2 exist.
>Goro will get a redemption arc, because he is just a misunderstood pretty boy.
>New waifu is central to the "stealing dreams" plotpoint and unlike Marie; is part of the team.
>The only new event we're shown throughout all the trailers is spring cleaning.
>Whatever shred of suspense involving Igor, Traitor, and escape from interrogation room is gone
Hope datamining thread will be fun.

Attached: heeho.jpg (720x824, 30K)

Joker is supposed to be a "self-insert".
Which is a fucking joke considering P5's story, but let them pretend.

I remember how retarded it was, they have no reason to feel that way about akechi. All he has "done" to earn it is tell them his sob story. Also, akechis whole revenge plot is the most contrived part of P5's plot. As an antagonist it would have just been better for Akechi to be morally opposed to the PT instead of being the games less thought out version of Adachi.
As always though Atlus is going to cave into fanservice demand and destroy what little good was left in P5's story just like they did with golden and P3P. Can't wait to see how many sharks Akechi is going to jump for him to remain a party member. If nothing else royal will be entertaining for being a shitshow.

>datamining
Not gonna happen boyo, the only reason P5 vanilla gone mined was because it was on the PS3.
P5R is a PS4 exclusive.

>Atlus would have to admit P1/P2 exist.
Mitsuru (or her dad) already mention Nanjo in P3.

Weren't you fags crying about this game because a girl jumped or something?

>New waifu is central to the "stealing dreams" plotpoint and unlike Marie; is part of the team.
And that's a good thing.

No way I'm buying this at full price if I'm even going to, these trailers are pretty much all there is to the story plus a "hidden" tweest bossfight

>>>The only new event we're shown throughout all the trailers is spring cleaning.
Do you even watch the character trailers?
The beach scene is expanded and there is some sort of new summer event with Joker, Ryuji and Yusuke. Joker's trailer also showed the group going to play Pool.

what

That was when people still cared about P1 and 2 we're living in a post 4 world, the most doomed of timelines

I don't know about crying but there was a girl who threw herself off a building in this game

The balloon scene

Soon, Hastur will give the crown to the rightful king for his throne.

Attached: 1403288496105.jpg (535x400, 226K)

>NOOOOOO why is she a super-athlete mary sue

Attached: persona-5-royal-kasumi-yoshizawa-gameplay.jpg (1280x720, 682K)

I legit don't understand what you're saying

Why'd you respond to me when I was referencing Shiho

>Trying to get a rise out of a crowd of people who might not even know what you're talking about
Stunning performance.

Akechi will be a good guy in this game, the traitor is Kasumi.

>Nyarlyfags will get cucked because Atlus would have to admit P1/P2 exist.
p5 already has a group of masked persona users led by a guy called joker (who can even collect a crystal skull in mementos), a poor man's jun, and a villain who uses tactics straight out of the nyarly playbook even though he's supposed to be a lawfag, not a chaosfag like nyarly was. i'm pretty sure they're still aware that p2 exists.

I love her design. How the hell can such a simple design be so appealing? She's equal parts cute, sexy and pretty. How does Persona's character designer do it?

Attached: 927a25139c84d61bb026be56196af3b7 (4).jpg (1200x1010, 698K)

He's pretty tough to self-insert into, honestly. I never felt like I had too much control over how Joker behaved.

>p5 already has a group of masked persona users led by a guy called joker (who can even collect a crystal skull in mementos)
You're reaching really, REALLY hard here

Is he? Maybe you're really, REALLY deep in denial instead?

I like everything except the fact she isn't /fit/ enough to be a gymnast/ballerina/whatevershesmeanttobe

Exactly, but he doesn't have much of a "true" personality either, and since he's mute (with the rare meaningless dialogue "choice") he can't truly steer the conversation, so other characters like Makoto have to lead the group.

It's the worst of both worlds.

That's just any anime girl design, user. Sometimes boys

gameinformer.com/2019/08/27/five-fun-facts-about-the-artist-behind-persona-and-catherine
>As to how he came up with Kasumi's design, Soejima looked to the manga he read growing up for inspiration. "I really wanted to create just a straight-forward heroine type of character," he explains. "This might be a little bit different in the West, but in Japan, the manga I grew up reading, the main [female] characters always had a ponytail, and their club activity was gymnastics. I really wanted to just shoot for that – that female protagonist archetype. Maybe in the States or in the West, it’d be [comparable to] a cheerleader type of girl. With most of the characters in Persona 5, we really design them to have kind of a twist, kind of make them unique and different from what the standard character archetypes might be like, but with Kasumi, we wanted to just go straight for that heroine type of girl."

Soejima went full nostalgia with Kasumi and went for heroine traits that he liked when he was growing up.

Oof

Attached: 1558567790114.png (554x318, 282K)

that's not all, though.
>the masked circle collects the "ideal energy" from people's dreams to bring about a utopian society
>the phantom thieves collect the "treasures" from people's distorted cognitions to reform society
just accept the fact that nyarly is coming back and we're getting more p2 kino.

user I played P2 a dozen of times, most of your "references" are straight up false, The fact that you're calling Akechi a a poor man's Jun even though the only thing they have in common is the forced and botched redemption arc both of these characters get really shows it, the only one who holds any weight is the Nyarly vs Philemon/Yaldy vs Igor parallel

I thought he was more than expressive enough for one to get a handle on his personality. It just wasn't one that really played off well with the rest of the PTs.

Also, bootleg Jun and not!Joker were long-lost friends with unresolved sexual tension.

Attached: tatsuyaJun.jpg (600x800, 150K)

Bless this man. I hope he continues to design some of the best-looking female characters in recent memory. I've admired this guy ever since I saw Mitsuru in Persona 3.

Attached: 506 (1).jpg (1280x1822, 600K)

Totally see it, gives a very old school heroine vibe.
One of the reasons I was convinced she was some sort of FeMC.

Attached: Kaitou_Saint_Tail_trasformazione.jpg (800x600, 72K)

What the fuck is a PV? Preview video?

What's next for him I wonder? He said he was done with Persona right?

PV = PreView
OP = OPening
ED = EnDing
CM = CoMmercial

It's Promotional Video, dumbasses.

>With most of the characters in Persona 5, we really design them to have kind of a twist, kind of make them unique and different from what the standard character archetypes
Shame they didn't actually do that then, like at best it is surface level as fuck differences.

>Nyarly is back, but not Philemon and crew.
>Igor is still here.
Guess he is a true master of the velvet room

Attached: igor.jpg (1631x2452, 2.42M)

Whatever it is, he's probably going to still work together with Katsura Hashino. They, alongside Shoji Meguro (OST composer for Persona 3, 4, 5 and SMT Nocturne, DDS) are like a power trio.

>He said he was done with Persona right?
Yeah he's now doing the whole Re:Fantasy thing

They been recycling stuff from P1/2 to to this day.
Susano-o has been an ultimate persona for at least three times already, P3 plot pulls stuff from 1 and 4/5 pulls stuff from 2, the list goes on.
>b-but they are from the same series
Yeah retard, but one thing is reusing moogles or slimes like ff/dq.
Another is straight up re-doing the same plot and characters over and over again but more retarded and unfinished each time, just like trails/kiseki.

HELP HER

One of the earliest threads about this game was nothing but people complaining how much of a mary sue she'd be because she jumped 2 ft in the air to catch a balloon

how is akechi NOT a poor man's jun?
>shameless fujobait character
>mommy issues and daddy issues from his childhood
>his fucked-up mental state causes him to get manipulated by the main villain into doing their dirty work
the main difference is that jun had much better writing and got a full redemption arc. akechi will almost certainly get a redemption arc in p5r because atlus can't help themselves.

Attached: Akechi-P2-Costume.jpg (296x520, 20K)

Attached: 1566361748517.webm (1280x478, 1.15M)

>jun had much better writing and got a full redemption arc
>Kills Lisa and Eikichi's friends
>Both of them swear Joker will pay for what he's done
>Oh never mind he was being mind controlled by a evil ancient octopus so its alright!
>The issue is sweept under the rug and Eikichi and Lisa never bring their supposed dead "friends" ever again
>They even threaten to beat you up if you even dare to say something bad about him when you confront your shadow
Are you fucking kidding me? Jun was the worst part of IS by leaps and bounds, also staying quietly in a corner saying that you will amend your actions over and over again is not a complete redemption its just a waste of time

still better writing than "muh pancakes."

Undie boss!

Not really no, there's a lot of shit like that on IS that somehow get pass. I guess is because not a lot of people played the game

Why are Shadows so unbelievably based?

because they exist to call people out on their bullshit.

Attached: shadowginko.jpg (500x375, 72K)

>Hope datamining thread will be fun.
P5's was fun as fuck

Attached: P5 leaks.png (1536x1078, 2.98M)

Reminds me of that Ito series. Do japs just hate this phrase?

GIVE THE INTRO TO MEEEE

Attached: 2A6E7492-60E1-48A1-9D2A-85CC4506C681.jpg (1126x679, 85K)

How many people has Akechi killed?

Which kind of sums up what made P5's boring. P5 shadows don't call out bullshit as much as get called out on bullshit, not even that deeply as they are cartoon-like representations of how evil someone is. Which when you barely know the villain doesn't have all that much impact. No one really confronts their actions, they just get beat till they say it is wrong.

Holy shit, an ACTUAL slut waifu!

like a dozen. to be fair 90% of them were irredeemable people.

Only the SIU dude was irredeemable.