Going to actually sit down and complete this after 25 years

Going to actually sit down and complete this after 25 years.

Is this really the best game of all time?

Attached: !!d-zp1wBWM~$(KGrHqV,!lkEy+jC2UPRBM7Dv9jWWg~~_35.jpg (300x217, 18K)

no but its pretty good

Probably.
No matter how many times I play it, it never gets old.

Its one of those things people will tell you "you had to be there" for, and they're kinda right. Its a good game but you're not going to see it the same way as someone who only ever knew a world where 16bit games were the only thing they ever knew up to that point.

I did play it when I was younger I just never completed it.

I think I got bored around Jabba and went to play Metal Gear 1.

No
I like zelda games, but holyshit, they're fucking worshipped as some of the greatest games ever made even when they're not at that level for me. I think OOT is fine but don't expect to be blown away by it.

Best? No way. Top 10? Yes

This

>its not the best but out of all the games ever its the top 10

did you think before you even typed that out?

Attached: D7gis1xXoAAj1_Y.jpg (196x258, 10K)

Is English your second language, friend?

>It's not the number 1 best game but it's one of the top 10 best games
Is that wording better for you user?

It's up there.

it's not the best game of all time but it is the best 3D Zelda

Actually its my fouth.

anyone claiming it's a top 10 game is just saying it based on nostalgia. back in the day it was the greatest but not anymore

FPBP. A lot of games have come and done it better since, but it's still overall enjoyable and an important piece of gaming history with how many examples its set for later games.

its the best game of all time in the same way citizen kane is "the best movie of all time". 90% of all third person action games owe their foundations to OoT for pioneering them.

Yes because Pacing is the single most important part of any video game & OOT is untouchable in that regard

Shiek is Saria

Not at all. I hated it back then, I was a dumb kid, but I gave it another shot years later and it was amazing once I could figure everything out. And that was after WW and TP came out, so it's not like it was the first Zelda I finished.

No,

Attached: but its comfy.jpg (786x756, 186K)

It is the best we could have at the time, yes.

Fuck off. It' still stands up as a great game and would even if it came out today.

The controls are fine. Basically the same combat system as BotW, except less refined.

Graphics aged like milk

Other than that its goat

Yes.

>FPBP. A lot of games have come and done it better since
lol, games are literally degenerating just like IQ is, "dungeons" these days are linear corridors with a few deadends.

There's no other game that makes gaming communities on the internet universally seethe with desperate contrarianism as much as OOT does after 20 years. So yes it is the GOAT, if it wasn't "THAT" good then people wouldn't still be asking "Is it the best game ever?" every single day

And most did it better.

No

Nostalgia fags always do this shit, I grew up with it too but saying it's the GOAT is ridiculous, especially after all these years.

Wrong, otherwise they would all be rated just as high since journalists weren't contrarian faggots like they are now & any game was capable of recieving a 97 regardless of brand recognition

Attached: 2001 Gamerankings.png (768x715, 153K)

Appealing to an authority I don't give a shit about is a retarded way of coping.

SoulCalibur is rated just as high & it's not mentioned nearly as frequently today as Ocarina of Time is. Most people forgot it even existed, despite nostalgia being strong regardless of what the game is. OOT simply is the GOAT, which is why it has remained incredibly popular over the years whereas other games like Pro Skater 2, Grand Theft Auto III are made irrelevant by their sequels & never get talked about anymore

It is good but it isn't amazing, honesly Twilight Princess is a better OoT than OoT but it doesn't get the respect because it wasn't original or innovative at the time.

> Bbbbut it doesn't count because it goes against my blind contrarianism, it's a shit game & nobody else is allowed to have an opposing opinion of mine

Yeah, I don't give a shit what critics say idiot. Good job figuring it out.

Yes and don't play the shit remake.

>Implying Twilight Princess is a more than average game

And I said in another post that this game is fine, I dont think it's shit. A game not bring the greatest of all time doesn't mean I think it's shit, dumbass.

But... The remake was better? Majora's Mask is the remake that made things worse

it is the goat game.
All these fags saying is overrated won't dare give you an opinion on what their goat games is because chances are it's shiitier than OOT
That being said, the gameplay holds up, the atmosphere and music still do. The only thing that doesn't, and for obvious reasons, are the graphics

>Popular=good

Attached: 1564512942491.png (500x375, 251K)

Every main Zelda game since has tried to be the next OoT and they've all failed.

>Is this really the best game of all time?

Yes. It is.

i played it after twilight princess and holy crap it's way better.
The music was god tier, and the limitations of the 64 added to the atmosphere.

Have you already beaten the game or played it? it's from 1998.

OOT only sold 13 million copies, by your logic it isn't a popular game. Zelda is only become the cultural icon it is today due to the sheer mindblowing quality of OOT, word of mouth praise is the reason why it's so fucking popular now

>Wolf segments
>Half the game is about saving those kids nobody gives a fuck about
>The abysmal music when fighting twilight beasts
>Backtracking
>The egregious amount of bloom
Incorrect.

>8.8
>8.8
>8.8
>8.8
>8.8
>8.8

Attached: 1552885385092.jpg (480x342, 19K)

Is english your third language? I never argued it wasn't popular, I was being sarcastic and said that a game being popular doesn't make it good with greentext.

YES. Best comment of this thread, in OOT you always have ONE thing to do or even SOME not important meanwhile missions that you can do later. But you gains nothing for staying quiet and waiting. you have to do the action and travel on foot! and that's why Zelda OOT is Incomparable! IT'S AN ACTION ADVENTURE GAME WITH LOTS OF ACTION AND LOTS OF ADVENTURE!!!

Its OK but not as good as FFVII

>GOAT

What about FF7?

Attached: Final Fantasy VII (2).jpg (260x226, 12K)

It represents a landmark in gaming but no, it isn't the best game of all time. I think a lot of the appeal lies in nostalgia, in recreating a time and place using something like a video game as a vehicle for that. To that end, I feel like the game is really overrated...but not bad. Definitely try it out.

samefag and not even trying to hide it

how can OOT be the GOAT if FF7 is the GOAT?

>nostalgia, in recreating a time and place using something like a video game as a vehicle for that.

You are correct in that.

>it isn't the best game of all time.

Ok. So, say a game or like five games which can be considered the true GOAT. you also have to consider it the GOAT. If you can't then OoT is the GOAT.

typical contrarian

If you go in expecting the perfection people make it out to be you will be sorely disappointed, but it is a good game.

its a very good game for a 1st playthrough, terribly boring on repeat playthroughs. enjoy it now while you still can. also the game is very easy so if you want to make it challenging, limit yourself to only 3 hearts.

Yes, it is.