When will we get a FPRPG shadowrun like DX, SS2, or VTM:B?

Attached: shamans_commit_50%_of_shadowruns.jpg (900x590, 396K)

Isn't Shadowrun a game where going solo doesn't really work?

They could do a party system like Mass Effect or something while still being first person

I suppose something like New Vegas on hardcore mode might be a better model.

Probably never.
Indies have not enough budget and manpower fuck such a project and publishers don't invest into AA games anymore unless it's a big name.

Maybe Fallout New Vegas would be a better comparison then

Why is the punk elf playing arcade while his frieds stand guard?

>Indies have not enough budget and manpower fuck such a project and publishers don't invest into AA games anymore unless it's a big name.

An indie studio made EYE Divine Cybermancy, so it's clearly possible if you're willing to accept a high degree of jank.

Who owns the license, and how many people play the game these days ?

Licensing ips is not a friendly endeavor for indies studios, they have a better chance creating their own universe.

>publishers don't invest into AA games anymore unless it's a big name
Publishers don't invest into AA games at all. They only do AAA now.

EYE feels extremely empty, like someone made a map pack for GMOD. It doesn't come close to the mentioned games in terms of quality.

I'm probably not going to play it, but i hope Cyberpunk does well so other developers(mostly Japanese) make games centered in Cyberpunk worlds

didn't microsoft buy the licence?

I rather it in 3rd person mass effect style.

When I win the lottery I'll make a Thief x Deus Ex style game. But which developer should I hire to make it?

Yikes

>wanting awful nuShadowrun
Fuck off

Wow sounds like absolute shit, which makes me grateful we didn't get it

What's awful about it?

Wow sounds like absolute shit

Those Kickstarted Shadowrun games made me lose all hope of seeing the setting being well adapted into vidya again after the SNES/Genesis games. Fucking mobile games with terrible writing.

Mythgard has a kind of similar vibe in its setting but it's less cyberpunk and poorly explored as it is a card game.

quick, someone tell me where to download ALL shadowrun novels because some of them were really fucking good and I'm too lazy to walk down the basement to look for mine

>punk elf
Why single him out when they all look like textbook definition of punks?
And he's jacked in.

>Those Kickstarted Shadowrun games made me lose all hope of seeing the setting being well adapted into vidya again after the SNES/Genesis games. Fucking mobile games with terrible writing.
Dragonfall's writing wasn't bad.

People keep defending Dragonfall but whenever I tried to play it, it felt like a waiting game for when the game would get good. Is it one of those "it just clicks 20 hours in" scenarios? Or is it that just a moderate improvement from the complete mess that was the prior game was enough for people to acknowledge the improvement as enough? Are we talking about "wasn't bad" as in "was actually good" or are we talking about "wasn't bad for a Kickstarted RPG"?

Different user. Almost all characters are great, plot is a bit predictable but very good, decent (although not great) RP opportunities. I liked combat in the original more, but that's a very unpopular opinion.
Keep in mind that the writing is good for a video game, unfortunately the medium still suffers from lower standards in this department.

You probably don't want a pure decker, by the way. At least a dip into rigging or a boring old AR with some dodge would improve your experience a lot.

Let me rephrase: it's possible for indies to make a game *like* that. I agree, getting the Shadowrun license so you can call your game Shadowrun™ is a different story.

>EYE feels extremely empty, like someone made a map pack for GMOD.

Not far from what happened.

>It doesn't come close to the mentioned games in terms of quality.
EYE plays a lot smoother than either VTM:B or System Shock 2. What these games have over EYE is production value (bearing in mind these are older games), and that just means hitting stretch goals for voice acting and artists. Also, System Shock 2 is like 6 hours long.

???