Why does every 7th chapter in this game gotta be some fucking wacky bullshit

Why does every 7th chapter in this game gotta be some fucking wacky bullshit

Attached: Fire Emblem The Binding Blade Chapter 21.png (512x576, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/supports/calculation/
serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/supports/support-bonus/
serenesforest.net/thracia-776/characters/support-bonuses/
serenesforest.net/mystery-of-the-emblem/characters/support-bonus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I miss the wacky bullshit. 3H was too safe

Aw shit so it went through, I tried posting this like three times, hopefully nothing weird happened

That map is great, though.

All chapters should have some sort of wacky bullshit. That's what makes fire emblem games enjoyable. Who would play a trpg if you were just slogging through countless indistinguishable maps?

I kinda cheered on when 3houses tried to do spawning traps, sadly outside of their inside a castle/tower maps they played it too safe.

This map is bullshit but the fight at Zeph's castle is even worse. Fuccck.

I hope 6+7 get remade as a dual pack. 6 feels way too unfair at times and 7 is too easy and bland when you aren't on Hector mode. I wish there was a proper balance between the two. Hell, 6 might even be more tolerable if it just had axed a third of the recruits since the majority of them suck big time.

Nah that would only make the game worse
Shitty units are necessary, remember that permadeath does exist despite your constant resetting

Even in other games. In Der Langrisser the 7th chapter (the first time you play it) is extremely confusing. Strange spawn positions, enemies that aren't too tough if you've killed enough enemies to get some extra levels. Then there's the weird ass undead spawns at the back of the map that make first time players go "oh that's why the starting spawns were like that". But it doesn't fucking matter cause Leon+Laird who have been portrayed as your primary rivals of the game show up on your side and promptly wipe them out. And then the ending of the chapter gives you the biggest decision of the game and lets you join the imperials. Chapter 7 in any game is wacky.

Sounds like you just played der langrisser for the first time and want to talk about it. You don't need to come up with a contrived excuse, go ahead and tell us your thoughts. What route did you pick?

this

because they were trying to do something different. Be thankful there's no bullshit like the SNES games had. 6 was tame as hell with only one or two exceptions.

but seriously why is the whole game seize

fuck off

I'm guessing it was a fear of the less powerful GBA going from the SNES.

Because Seize is the best objective
Defend and Rout are too constraining, slow, and usually unexciting

So just let Bors die and forget about it?

>Yea Forums now likes good level design
What happened? Gimmick levels used to be called shit but now it's good?

Two reasons, they know seize is the best objective and it's supposed to be like Mystery of the Emblem

Attached: 3.png (551x519, 198K)

Why does everyone complain about the lack of objectives, but when playing the game they just go for killing all the enemies even when it's not required?

Depends on the gimmick. Some games have gimmicks that just add tedium and those suck.

You get 17 Warp uses (with Hammerne), which you'll probably be able to use for the whole game (Chapter 15 onwards)

It makes sense from a story perspective because Roy's army is liberating the continent. I wouldn't mind it being all seize if Roy didn't have 5 MV or a mounted unit could carry him.

Only for brainlets

Even with my 90IQ revelations snow chapter was super dull

But user... a mounted unit can carry him. Please don't tell me you've never used the Rescue command. Holy fucking shit dude.

Mounted units can carry Roy

L A T I E N D A S E C R E T A

>This map is bullshit but the fight at Zeph's castle is even worse.
And don't forget having to win in the turn limit to go to the Gaiden chapter.

>characters can die permanently
>but nothing's stopping you from just resetting
>eventually introduce a "casual" mode that just resets the game for you, making it identical to classic
>instead of fixing this game design problem, 3H slaps a bandaid on it and just lets you rewind time for free
Is there any reason why SRPGs are terrified of addressing the actual issue?

It’s not the same though. In classic, you have to complete the whole mission without losing a single unit for the same effect as playing casual

>eventually introduce a "casual" mode that just resets the game for you, making it identical to classic
What? Are you being disingenuous on purpose? It doesn't reset shit. It just gives you the character back after the map is done. Obviously having to redo upwards of an hour of progress is a harsher punishment. Casual lets you suicide units. That's huge. I fucking hate you disingenuous faggots, always with this retarded untrue argument. Try harder, ironman fags.

>but nothing's stopping you from just resetting
Yeah except for rng and redos. Casual mode is cancer but the cancerwheel will always be the biggest flaw.

I exaggerated, but you're both missing the point. I'm not saying "casual should be removed", I'm saying "permadeath is trivialized mechanic that only makes sense when you set arbitrary rules for yourself that aren't enforced by the game".

My subjective opinion is that good SRPG game design would incentivize players to not reset after a character death. The current system just gives you an objectively worse (worse doesn't necessarily mean harder) experience in terms of gameplay and content.

What's wrong with this map? You should be more than powerful enough at that point to just power through it.

And how would you 'incentivize' it? Remember you're talking about a heavily character/waifu driven game and people aren't going to want to let their favorite units die. I don't think there's anyway to incentivize someone to press on without the waifu over resetting and doing it over

Yeah maybe if you lowman it with Roy/Rutger/Milady/Perceval/Saul
FE6 units are rarely actually good, just useful
You have to keep them safe, they can't take too many hits

3/4 of the cast is good, unless you use literal trash like Wendy or something

How about a dynamic story that takes ALL characters into account and changes based on their survival instead of simply hitting you with a game over or replacing that character's dialogue with a generic soldier if they're not removed altogether?
Or a story that directly addresses gameplay paradigms like waifufagging where certain units are favoritized by player?
There could be exclusive rewards, units, and characters that only come as a result of a character death, and others that are an exclusive result of a character not dying.

Combine this with an increased difficulty where characters are expected to die and you get a complex and dynamic game. But it's probably easier to slap a time rewind mechanic onto your SRPG and not think about actually trying.

And how would you 'incentivize' it? Remember you're talking about a heavily character/waifu driven game and people aren't going to want to let their favorite units die. I don't think there's anyway to incentivize someone to press on without the waifu over resetting and doing it over

Even the good units have pretty shit defense, it's hard to just power through. I mean the highest DEF growth in the game is fucking 40%

okay, so the whole site's having posting issues

this place shits itself every week nowadays

Because making permadeath not a single gimmick takes effort which ISIS won't do

Why is posting so FUCKED today

Zeph's castle is only annoying because it's basically moving units on autopilot for half an hour until you open the throne room, which is the only hard part of the level. If you lose someone in the throne room, you basically have to do the entire switch-pressing mess all over again.

>a dynamic story that takes ALL characters into account and changes based on their survival
I've never played the game myself, but apparently they did this in Path of Radiance. Almost no one even noticed because people would reset anyway. Hell, I've heard stories from people who started with FE9 who said they tried to ironman it their first time though only to swear to never do that again when they saw how devastated certain characters got at the deaths of their friends.

>a story that directly addresses gameplay paradigms like waifufagging where certain units are favoritized by player
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, could you elaborate on this one?

>exclusive rewards, units, and characters that only come as a result of a character death
They did this in Shadow Dragon, and it's a mechanic on nearly every shortlist of reasons to never play Shadow Dragon ever made. People are stupid, user.

>others that are an exclusive result of a character not dying
Nearly every game in the series has this.

One thing that I think Shadow Dragon did well was the Jeigan sacrifice in chapter 1 or whatever it was. It's been a long time so my memory is fuzzy, but I think you were able to choose who to sacrifice, and the story accounts for that.

>reinforcement spam
>good

>What happened? Gimmick levels used to be called shit but now it's good?
GIMMICK BAD EMPTY MAP GOOD was because retards were shilling Gaidenshit and hating on Fates.

8 had a bunch of alternate scenes to accommodate for dead characters too, but mostly for ones close to the main characters like Matthew

but what's the fucking issue? you're supposed to restart the level if you fuck up, like in almost every other video game ever, but are also given the choice to make a permanent sacrifice if you're struggling with the map or have some other reason to

I can see points for both viewpoints; casual is far too forgiving and allows you to sacrifice units which really takes away from the difficulty of the game too much.
But permadeath, unless you're doing an ironman run, is going to tempt you to reset 99% of the time because I think most ppl that play FE are completionist for normal playthroughs.

What if instead of a unit just being removed from the whole game they had to sit out 2 battles, lost exp/stats/levels, or have a set number of lives?

>Hell, I've heard stories from people who started with FE9 who said they tried to ironman it their first time though only to swear to never do that again when they saw how devastated certain characters got at the deaths of their friends.
I can only imagine this lasts for the first few chapters where the Greil Mercenaries are all you know, but once the bigger plot is set in motion every minor character is pertty much forgotten from important cutscenes.

Matthew is FE7.

There's a warp in chapter 14 and Yodel/Niime were given to you with high staff ranks. Just Skip once you buy everything you need from the Secret Shop.

FE6 is based because it fucks over turtling retards like you every few maps.

no it doesn't. You have something like 30 turns.
Even the ranked requirements are a joke.

The idea I had a while back is to use the turnwheel as it's presented in Echoes/3H, ridiculous number of uses and all, with the exception that for some reason handwaved in the plot, reviving a fallen unit costs an extra number of charges. The exact number would vary by game, but for 3H my idea was the fallen unit's level/10, rounded up. So if someone from level 1-10 died, reviving them would cost 2 charges on the turnwheel, one to rewind at all, and one to bring back the unit.

I think this would encourage the player to actually pay attention to the map and think about the consequences of their moves, rather than just trying shit and seeing what happens. Obviously the aggression lines would have to be taken right out, I don't know what the devs were thinking with those.

Yes it does. Turn limits on large maps, enemy reinforcements, and multiplie objectives

Except you can still just reset the game in 3H.
>I think this would encourage the player to actually pay attention to the map and think about the consequences of their moves, rather than just trying shit and seeing what happens.
The opposite happens because now I can just push my magical rewind button to take back the retarded move I just made for shits, something I wouldn't try if it meant having to redo a 30-minute level.

The only way what you're saying would make sense is with forced autosave and no manual saving.

Or just through garbage mechanics like the cancerwheel in the trash and force permadeath on the player

Reinforcement spam is good since it forces the player to move along and not turtle. I'm sorry you can't understand good level design

in fe6 its bad because it allows the player to grind a lot. for example i remember training fir on pirates for liek 10 turns because reinforcements dont get hm bonuses

You would only be able to take back your retarded move for the cost of one charge if you yourself noticed that it was retarded before you committed to it. I have no idea why you would move a unit you'd already figured was going to die into a position you knew would kill them only to just immediately undo it. For the record, my goal here is to create a game mechanic that allows new players some level of forgiveness, while still encouraging them to play better. My thought here is if a player is constantly encouraged to look for bad setups BEFORE they hit end turn, they'll get better at not making those moves at all, which will in turn make them better at games that are much more unforgiving. As it is right now, I see a lot of people just moving their units forward until someone dies, then just turnwheeling and trying shit until it works, and because of that, they have absolutely no incentive to improve.

Because that map has no anti-turtle incentive so it's terrible in the first place.

Who do you guys give the legendary weapons to? Last time I played, it was
>Durandal - Alen
>Maltet - Lance
>Armads - Dieck
>Mulagir - Sue
>Aureola - Saul
>Forblaze - Lugh
>Apocalpyse - Raigh

Attached: Elibe.png (924x1293, 2M)

Arbitrary self-imposed rules >>> game incentives
If the game accounts for resetting, it becomes part of your strategy whether you like it or not. You're just making a poor tactical decision if you choose not to use the "limited" turnwheel or whatever nonsense the game puts in. But if the game ignores it (outside of character endings) then it's something separate you either choose to do or not.

It's like in some jrpgs you can set the game to "hard mode" at will to increase drop rates. But since you get better rewards for playing on hard, it's no longer a separate challenge mode but a part of your strategy.

Just wanna say that PoR Chapter 8 is one of the best stages in the series and I'm disappointed 3 Houses didn't have a "survive for a certain amount of time" stage.

Attached: Chapter 8.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Defend chapters area always the best. The "hold the line" chapter in Radiant Dawn was great, and the defend chapter in Conquest was great too.

Durandal - Rutger and Perceval, traded around
Maltet - Milady
Apocalypse - Niime
Murgleis - Shin
I didn't have an S rank user of the other weapons
Axes are shit, I dropped Lugh and Lilina and Hugh didn't gain ranks fast enough, and Saul stayed at D rank light because he's a staffer first and foremost

Because its just a retread of FE1

>oh shit a secret shop, cool
>i can buy boots? give me one for everyone
>this is so cool everyone has 10 move
>wtf why is my funds rank E??

That level is fucking shit. It's literally just place chokes at each point and have Titania placed at the bottom to kill the boss. No thought, no tactical prowess required. You have low fucking standards for """"best""". Defense is a complete shit objective and PoR has some of the worst level design conceived with only the boat map being decent.

Attached: 369ad624e1d79fb35d73ca88566627bb.png (600x425, 208K)

The fun of moving 15 spaces > ranks, especially when the ranks aren't even pretty stars like in FE7 just gay letters

Defend the map in PoR were great, I specially liked the fact that being careless lead to the AI ignoring you and doing a beeline for the objective, I lost a chapter because a cavalry went around one of my unit to cap.
Despite not liking Radiant Dawn, that chapter where you have to defend the line, only for Ike and his men to come down as enemies to shred your ass if you don't move out of the way was an interesting twist to this mode.

kind reminder that turnwheel is a staple mechanic for future entries

i hope you enjoy thracia remake with turnwheel

fire emblem is dead

Defend chpaters are never good. Radiant Dawn is so easy they might as well not exist. Only Ch.10 manages to be good.

Attached: ike.png (255x314, 53K)

You're wrong and I disagree with you

Attached: Sinister Bride Black Knight.png (640x1136, 747K)

>I'm disappointed 3 Houses didn't have a "survive for a certain amount of time" stage.
It does. Catherine and Ashe's Paralogue, for example.
The problem is that the game is so easy you can just steamroll through it.

>lost a chapter because a cavalry went around one of my unit to cap.
The AI in PoR is not smart enough to do that unless they are literally next to the objective so you might be mentally disabled. None of the defense chapters in that game is good. Couple with pathetic enemy stats, OP units you obtained and the retarded AI with zero pathfinding so they only make a beeline for player units it's impossible to lose if you have above a 20 IQ.

Actually objectively correct and you can't offer a argument to counteract. Tellius garbage makes a shitty game like 3H look good.

I thought the same thing about pair up but they removed that, they also removed bonus exp, they removed class specific promotion items. They remove popular mechanics all the time

>I'm disappointed 3 Houses didn't have a "survive for a certain amount of time" stage.
3H has a bunch of paralogues with defend as the objective, but you always have the alternative victory condition of routing/defeating the boss and the game is easy enough.

Pair up is still in though. They will never remove the cancerwheel, it's the new casual mode.

The adjutant system is so worthless that its gameplay effects may as well not exist at all. It's just a way to give a unit a bit of XP if you don't have room to field them.

Haven't played 3H yet, why are a lot of the final classes mounted?

The adjutant system allows you to move farther across the map with setups just like regular pair up but with no stat bonus. It helps get the shitty game over faster

Everyone should be mounted except for healers (2x magic uses)
So basically
>Wyvern Lord for the vast majority of physical units
>Falcoknight for Ingrid and a few others
>Dark Knight for offensive casters
>I've heard Bow Knight argued for some. +2 bow range.
>Gremory/Bishop for healers/warpers
That's optimal.

Because the "final" classes are actually just sidegrades. Advanced classes have better talents both starting and at max level, and just objectively better stat growths. The Master classes trade that away for either a horse and/or versatility (you can now also use magic, which is busted in 3H).
War Master is the one exception.

Wyvern Lord is literally a straight upgrade though

Mounted units are always OP and ISIS doesn't even care to fix them so they just give them away. 3H is so low effort in everything

what, i dont remember adjutants adding bonuses to move, are you thinking of the stride gambit

>tfw went two playthroughs without even knowing about stride

Please stop spouting fake, day 1 assumptions you look like an idiot
Mortal Savant is the only arguable master class you don't want to promote into

Attached: 1554697579624.png (1823x913, 107K)

dont worry user i didnt know how to actually activate supports outside of byleth's and thus i missed out on all possible supports (and their bonuses) my first run

Attached: 20190804012654.png (1280x720, 1.63M)

Growth rates aren't everything you retarded faggot
that's a pitfall

You dont need to see growth rates to see how broken Wvyerns are

I realize that, having movement is way more important in snipe the commander the game

>replaying fe7
>stupid and dont stock up on staves
>had to do battle before dawn with only 3 heals hector normal mode though
>now have to start cog of destiny with 0 until i reach that shop on the left
JUST

Attached: kgHWUhe.png (442x414, 237K)

Other than Hunter's Volley and x2 magic uses for males, name me a talent/skill that is more useful then a horse/wyvern

No, don't let him die in the first place you mongoloid. And if you fail, accept it and move on.
Why bother playing fire emblem instead of every other TRPG if you're just going to cheat?

Did you miss the gaiden chapter because you'd also have to go through that otherwise.

Those are the optional ones right? I skip those since I hear it screws with your ranking at the end

They don't
Just be fast
And experience the game before caring about rankings

Should I play the Gamecube FEs? Ive read that the support convos have been totally removed which is one of FEs charm in the first place.

>What happened? Gimmick levels used to be called shit but now it's good?
guess people are sick of the modern game designs that try to keep you in the uninterrupted "flow state".

It is a bit draining. Plus people have liked those old jank games that require investment. Most people would rather you act with intentionality from the start and never drop it.

they're normal in PoR (started the trend of doing them at base instead of on the field)

it's RD that guts them hard because there's so many fucking characters they probably didn't want to give special bits to all but the most important characters

>invincible foxes every other turn doesn't just pad the map out for no reason
Nah some maps definitely do this

I like the idea of a timewheel, I don't give a fuck. If you're doing Lunatic, then constant resets just feels like shit, but Casual feels like cheating.

Hell no keep 6 and 7 away from each other. Don't need 7 fucking up 6 anymore than it already did

>casual feels like cheating
>but even more broken version of savestats is good

The timewheel is a fucking godsend when you spend 30 minutes on a map and then have a unite die to a 5% crit. I'm glad I don't have to redo the entire damn map when dumb shit like that happens.

>Lunatic
>constant resets
Why are you resetting constantly? Whether you use a turnwheel or reset constantly or use savestates or play casual mode, you're getting through a game with half-baked strategies. Instead I suggest you put more thought into how to beat each chapter and you'll have a more interesting experience.

Cacnerwheel is even worst than casual

7 enhanced 6
Hector was a nobody before 7 but after playing 7 you're like "oh shit Zephiel's super strong he killed Hector"

t. shit eating casual who can't into risk management

Yeah really enhanced it by making the story completely retarded.

>"muh cancerwheel muh cancerwheel look guys I made a memeword!!!"

5% crits are pretty low desu. but the crit example is a bad one because 90% of the time its not a crit that kills a unit

Fuck off nobody plays around 5% crit faggot, that's risk management. Playing around a 1/20 chance is full retard. Are you telling me you ENJOYED when an enemy got a low percent chance random crit on your lord and you had to redo the entire map again?

>new
Dipshit

Should I play the Gamecube FEs? Ive read that the support convos have been totally removed which is one of FEs charm in the first place.

I'd definitely play around a 5% chance. In most FE games you can get your win rate to 100%. It's just stupid shit like FE5's 99% maximums that can fuck you over even when making the right decisions.

God fucking dammit Hiroshima, not stealing our data, you are bugging out the site.

> HURRDURR YOU LOST THIS UNIT TO A FIVE PERCENT CHANCE IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE THEM DON'T TAKE ANY RISKS
How fucking overleveled do you expect me to be so that my units never take crits, dude?

If you're in it for supports play FE7, 8, 9, and presumably the new game

>Fuck off nobody plays around 5% crit faggot,
Yeah they do its called the luck stat, full guard, tonics, pair up, support bonus, damage mitigation, etc. Imagine having brain damage. No wonder 3H is so popular, it really appeals to the lowest common denominator.

> if your first strategy for beating a map isn't good enough you don't deserve to beat the map at all

Attached: 1564960089783.jpg (296x362, 11K)

0% growths but with supports, using high defense units that can take a crit, killing certain enemies on player phase so they can't crit you, etc

If you are losing to crits you are bad at easy games. Objective fact.

Supports still exist in PoR and they're supplemented with Base conversations that let characters talk about topical stuff, but Supports are pretty much gone in RD since it was kinda rushed and there's so many characters and you gain/lose availability of them haphazardly. Base convos are still there though.

LA TIENDA SECRETA DEL EMBLEMA DE FUEGO SIETE

Thracia is a terrible game no one should defend

So my counterplay is
>random growths
>shit exclusive to the 3ds games
>full guard which wouldn't lower crit rate and is again only in one game
>support bonuses of which none lower crit or give luck
Thanks for telling me to not get shit luck. Sorry that I spent 30 minutes on a map and get pissed when I lose due to a 3%hit 1%crit, which has actually happened to me before. You are flat lying if you say you would play around the minuscule chance of that happening.

> 0% growths but with supports
what the fuck are you trying to say?
> high defense units that can take a crit
I don't even know where to fucking start, but let me boil it down for you.
You are essentially suggesting that I only use highly defensive characters.
The exception is when the unit I plan on attacking has literally 0% crit and will do its mt in damage, or less if they have a chance to miss, guaranteed.
Can you see the problem? Think reeeeeally hard.
That's right! 99% of the enemy units in the game, unless my army is stupidly fucking overpowered or some retarded gimmick is in play, have some kind of crit rate. You are essentially suggesting that I dump everyone who isn't a physical or magical tank.
You are certifiably retarded.
> killing certain enemies on player phase so they can't crit you
Oh, so I'm allowed to have squishy units, but ONLY if they one-shot opponents without even using a second attack.
Are you listening to yourself?

Has anyone ever done a playthrough of thracia while picking apart the story and gameplay like people like to do with other FE games?

I feel like seeing Zephiel use that sickass attack animation on Cecilia did that job admirably already

>random growths
Luck not only has the highest caps it has the highest growths for the majority of units. People like Hardin with terrible base luck/growth are the exception and maybe you should take risk management in involved with them and don't place in areas where they can easily die.
>shit exclusive to the 3ds games
One of the few games worth playing in this shitty series is Conquest so yeah.
>full guard which wouldn't lower crit rate and is again only in one game
Full guard completely negates enemy’s critical attacks.
>support bonuses of which none lower crit or give luck
Support bonus does in fact give you a extra avoid yes.
Simply telling you how retarded you are and can't play around a simple feature because you lack awareness. If you can't see that a unit has #skill and refuse to counter it that's now you. Not the games. Keep drinking that cancerwheel koolaid

>99% of the enemy units in the game
And 99% of the enemy units in those games have pathetic stats especially in the skill department unless it's a DS game, Binding Blade or CQ.

Do you refuse to attack with a 95% chance to hit?
Do you refuse to attack with a 5% chance to be crit?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, you're not "managing risks", you're being a fucking retard.

>No more weapon triangle
Fuck

If I don't have backup plan of course. Because I'm not a shit eating retard like you who csnt think in anything but tunnel-vision. FE is dead because of you.

The weapons still have similar strengths and weaknesses, so it's still sort of a triangle.
You use axes for raw damage output and sometimes crit, lances for reliable hit, and swords for a balance of the two.

If you need to have a backup plan for every possible thing that will happen one time in twenty, YOU are the one with tunnel vision, not me.

That's nice to hear, I never liked the weapon triangle. Are the weapon types substantially different now? They were basically identical to eachother for a while, it would be nice to see each have their own advantages now.

>one of the few games worth playing
>conquest
Stopped reading right here, CQ is one of the most overhyped games I've ever played. After the early game it becomes braindead. It just turns into the royals and their pair up bots just muscling through with some reclassing, tonics and mess hall here and there.

If you don't have a backup thing for everything that's why you are shit and will keep ruining the series with bad mechanics like the cancerwheel and keep complaining about a non-issue to further dumb down the games.

Nah, CQ lunatic efficiency runs was the peak of the series. It's a shame it's all downhill from here.

>Getting shit growths doesn't happen just plan around it
You don't play around super low % crits, just like you don't play around missing a 99% hit.
>full guard blocks crits
Doesn't it only negate weapon effectiveness bonuses? An effective weapon would give way more than 5% crit too, so yes I would already be playing around this.
>support bonus gives avoid but not luck or lower enemy crit rate
This is literally not what I asked for. Should I still be playing around a 5% crit with support bonuses making it also a 40% hit?
>if you see a unit has a skill and you don't counter it that's on you
I would consider a 3%hit 1%crit to be total bullshit nobody ever plays around. Losing 30 minutes of progress so such a minuscule chance isn't fun. Sorry I didn't have a backup plan for something that had literally less than a 1/100 chance of happening, playing around that is full retard. Why are you so butthurt about the turnwheel? You know you can just never use the damn thing right?

It's the same shit as before and Axes still completely dominate

>implying people don't rout anyway in seize maps
It's the same fucking shit.
"kill the enemy commander" = let's kill everything until the boss is last
"seize" - let's kill everything until the boss is last
etc.

> if you don't have a backup plan for everything you are shit
That's not how it fucking works. If I wanted to play a game that autistic I wouldn't be playing Fire Emblem.
The amount of resources, mental and in-game, it takes to plan around EVERY one percent probability are not fun to devote/generate.

>efficiency
Please explain what this means

>One of the few games worth playing in this shitty series is Conquest so yeah.
Which are the other ones?

>routing in seize
I bet you build up supports in the GBA games and turtle through the game.

Nah its mostly the same, axes are highest damage lowest hit, swords are lowest damage highest hit and lances have decent damage and decent hit.
Weren't axes fucking trash before they removed the triangle? They get cucked the hardest by the triangle thanks to their already low hit rates.
Some people enjoy the lunatic spreadsheet optimization autism but they are VERY few and far between.

> Some people enjoy the lunatic spreadsheet optimization autism but they are VERY few and far between.
VINDICATION

>You don't play around super low % crits,
Yeah you actually do. The same way you play around a hit%. Negating the chances of it working.
>Doesn't it only negate weapon effectiveness bonuses?
Full guard completely negates the critical rate of a enemy unit. So no.
>This is literally not what I asked for
I don't know what I calles it avoid. I meant critical evade/dodge
serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/supports/calculation/
serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/supports/support-bonus/
serenesforest.net/thracia-776/characters/support-bonuses/
serenesforest.net/mystery-of-the-emblem/characters/support-bonus/
>would consider a 3%hit 1%crit to be total bullshit nobody ever plays around
Hit is rolled before crit and that 3% hit is like 1.2% so you won't be getting hit in the first place.
>Losing 30 minutes of progress so such a minuscule chance isn't fun
It's not supposed to be fun. Its war, you have to take precaution. If you don't want to think you will be punished. Simple
>Sorry I didn't have a backup plan for something that had literally less than a 1/100 chance of happening, playing around that is full retard
Yeah that's entirely your fault. Play like a retard get punished like a retard, if you refuse to accept the consequences of your actions because you refuse to use math that's on you.
>Why are you so butthurt about the turnwheel
The cancerwheel is why FE become the defintion of lowest common denominator and killed it

Thats the opposite of how it works. Axes compensated for low hitrates by getting more hit on the most common weapon type in lances but sucked vs swords. Swords had shit might compared to the others but were light and accurate and made axes have even worse hit but lost to the most common weapon. Lances were middling in both and besides bows were the most expensive weapon.

LTC but more optimal setups. Mystery of the Emblem and it's remake and Binding Blade.

>Its war
it's a videogame

It's called srpg in Japan for a reason retard.

still a video game

Yeah you play FE for reasons no one with good taste would actually being playing it for. If you can't git gud why not play the thousands of other trpgs that don't require thought.

>6 thread
>scholarly debate on ethics of casual mode and quantum game design
>three houses thread
>BUHHH DURR EDELGARD SUC HAHA NO STOP TALK ABOUT MY WIFE GENERIC ANIME GIRL XDDD OMG DAE DUBSTEP BROOO I MADE MY SHIT UNIT A DANCER HAHAHA
why is this the case?

Weren't axes fucking trash before they removed the triangle? They get cucked the hardest by the triangle thanks to their already low hit rates.
Axes are the best weapon type since 7 and hasn't been nerfed once

>scholarly debate
are we in the same thread here

I bet you're the one who said this is the last 6 thread as well, are you expecting a different answer this time?

Yeah a war video game. That's why it's a called srpg in japan

3H attracts all the ironic weebs and the gameplay is so bad there's nothing to talk about.

/vg/ leaked again.
Play Tear Ring Saga.

>LTC but more optimal setups.
Still not following you here. I guess you're going for the lowest turncount, but what do you mean by optimal setups? You optimize your path to the lowest turncount so you get a 3% chance to work instead of a 1%? Or you take as few turns as needed to have strategies with a 100% chance to work?

In Conquest what do you use and not use in order to get the best experience? E.g. I figure any online/bonus content is banned, but what about stuff that requires real time to pass like the mycastle dungeon and gathering resources?
Also in Conquest do you deploy and pair your units to unlock certain paralogue chapters for items and easy exp, get certain kids, etc.? Or do you ignore them entirely?

So a game about silly anime war isn't supposed to be fun because real life war isn't fun? Is any game that isn't mario also not supposed to be fun then? You gigantic autistic?

tfw stride is an e rank gambit that breaks the game

Why? I like TRS but I think the appeal is somewhat narrow as it's very easy (even in LTC runs) yet it's too clunky for fans of the newer games.

3H is still FOTM shit, wait for secondaries to move on.

>Full guard completely negates the critical rate of a enemy unit. So no.
The fuck really? Why doesn't the game actually tell you this then?
>>would consider a 3%hit 1%crit to be total bullshit nobody ever plays around
>Hit is rolled before crit and that 3% hit is like 1.2% so you won't be getting hit in the first place.
It did happen and I lost because of it that is way fucking less than 1/100 by the way. I got omega cucked by rng when that happened.
>The cancerwheel is why FE become the defintion of lowest common denominator and killed it
The two games with the turnwheel are easy even without the damn thing. Awakening adding casual mode was when shit became lowest common denominator. There has been one actually hard game since then which was CQ, and you need it to be on lunatic for it to actually be interesting.
3 Houses is pretty easy so there really isn't that much to talk about. People would be discussing optimization much more if the game was actually difficult enough to warrant breaking out the spreadsheets.
Shit like this is why 3 houses is so easy, I don't think lunatic can fix it unless it nerfs gambits.

>the gameplay is so bad
are you serious? never played any of these shits before. if it's so bad/easy, does that mean 3h is a good starting game?

The issue with FE is that if you start with later games, you usually learn bad habits that will fuck you really hard if you try to play earlier ones.

It's literally just LTC but without massive amounts of rng abuse. See, A casual run of a random map would take around 20+turns. LTC run would be about 2-3 turns. Efficiency is like 8-10 turns. In RD 3-13 for example. You can oneshot Ike with purge, or for efficiency just sleep him and gangrape in 5 turns. Usually all online bullshit is banned since it's takes the fun away and you can play the paralogue but they still add up to the turn total so you have to beat them fast.

It's fun to think, You don't want to think. That's the problem

Everyone complained about Revelations though...

> hit is rolled before crit
What? No it's fucking not. Crit makes something hit every time. A high crit can make up for a mediocre crit, there are entire weapons built around this.
> it's not supposed to be fun
> a video game is not supposed to be fun
Yea Forums, EVERYBODY!
> Play like a retard get punished like a retard,
"play like a retard" = "bank on hit below 70%"
"play like an ordinary human being" = "bank on not getting crit from 2%"
"play like an autist" = "plan around every single chance no matter how small, I don't care if it takes hours to make a single turn that's how the game is meant to be, fuck you MOM"

YOU ARE THE ONE PLAYING FE FOR REASONS NOBODY ELSE DOES.
DO YOU NOT NOTICE THAT EVERYONE AROUND YOU IS DISAGREEING?
DO YOU SERIOUSLY TELL YOURSELF THAT EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU IS JUST AN IDIOT?

So now it's supposed to be fun? I thought it was about war, make up your mind please.

> It's fun to think
Correct!
> You don't want to think
Incorrect. People who play Fire Emblem want to think. They just don't want to spend three hours filling out a spreadsheet just to move one character.

Maps should have unique features but there are good gimmicks and bad gimmicks. Everyone complained about revelations because it has bad ones.

>DO YOU SERIOUSLY TELL YOURSELF THAT EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU IS JUST AN IDIOT?

user...

Attached: Where.jpg (944x712, 99K)

War is fun

Attached: bloody great.png (333x507, 358K)

I know, it's Yea Forums, but there's no way this guy is that fucking stupid. It's not even just Yea Forums, anyone with two brain cells to rub together who isn't the exact same breed of autist as him would tell him that planning around a 2% chance is retardation.

I'm an idiot but I play the same way as that guy. You're less than an idiot.

Attached: amelia casual.png (259x288, 11K)

You have to realize that from the very inception of the series, if it was meant to require you to whip out fucking microsoft excel every time your turn came around, it would never have succeeded. You are not meant to play it completely safe, most games make it outright fucking impossible.

>The fuck really? Why doesn't the game actually tell you this then?
It does in the description
>It did happen and I lost because of it that is way fucking less than 1/100 by the way.
The odds of that are so astronomically low and the 2rng system is in place to prevent such a thing in the first place. Nevermind to never use myrms anyway.
>The two games with the turnwheel are easy even without the damn thing.
And the cancerwheel will continue to be a feature on everything from now on.
>Awakening adding casual mode was when shit became lowest common denominator
The cancerwheel is worst than casual mode

Because revelations idea of wacky bullshit was just annoying trash like the snow map or stuff that cucks you on a first playthrough like the doors at the end of that one map.

>characters keep talking about the war and how it feels to kill another human being: the blood, the pain, the screaming, the agony
>in a world where everyone disappears in a flash of light when they die

> cancerwheel cancerwheel cancerwheel
Give up. You're not going to force your retarded catchphrase to be a meme. Fire Emblem isn't meant for people as autistic as you who plan around 1% chances.

>What? No it's fucking not. Crit makes something hit every time. A high crit can make up for a mediocre crit, there are entire weapons built around this.
Hit is always rolled first. The reason hit crit weapons work is because you got the hit. Stop, I'm actually losing braincells reading this stupidity.
>it's not supposed to be fun
Where is that stated. Thinking is fun. That's the point, that's why there is permadeath. To force you to think and pay attention.
>play like an autist" = "plan around every single chance no matter how small, I don't care if it takes hours to make a single turn that's how the game is meant to be, fuck you MOM"
Exactly. But if you take hours on each turn maybe you should go back to school.
>YOU ARE THE ONE PLAYING FE FOR REASONS NOBODY ELSE DOES
I know I not a ironic weeb unlike everyone else.

Attached: 1554102974390.png (500x415, 91K)

thread
>>conquestard spamming like the no life autist he is with the same posts and same regurgitated shit

Fixed that for you.

War is fun

Are you newfags seriously replying to the barneyfag of FE threads?

>The description just says "bonus damage"
So crits count as bonus damage? I assumed it was only talking about shit like bows doing more damage to fliers.
>The odds of that are so astronomically low and the 2rng system is in place to prevent such a thing in the first place.
Which makes it even more bullshit when it actually does happen. Which it did and I had to replay a whole map because of it. I'm fine with the timewheel as it prevents getting UBER cucked by really shit rng like that. If shit like that even has a chance of happening the timewheel should be a thing, if they somehow fixed that then removing it would be fine. I really don't see how its worse than casual mode either, one negates singular mistakes and the other allows you to make as many mistakes as you want and still continue the game. I don't even really see the reason to keep casual mode now that the timewheel exists. It keeps the main challenge of the game (beating it without units dying) instead of literally removing that.

>People who play Fire Emblem want to think.
No they don't if they did they wouldn't be complaining about using math or basic thought process.

I don't need excel, even with my tiny brain I am able to see the chance to get hit and crit. The numbers in these games are very small and the games are very transparent with the calculations. This discussion was about a 5% crit chance and that's more than enough for find away to work around a chance of death. If there's a small chance to die even with the best strategy then it can't be helped but the point is to minimize the chance of death. The appeal of FE (to me) is to find solutions to the challenges that the maps present. I don't think "cross your fingers and pray" is a solution, instead it's more fun to utilize the units / weapons / staves / etc. that you have available to find a way to win.
I don't really care what would make the series succeed or not, I find this way of playing the most enjoyable.

Attached: git gud.png (62x80, 1K)

It's not a meme and it's not new. It's the proper word for that shitty system

fuck this mission

Attached: 28h.png (479x448, 38K)

is there an ACfag of FE threads too?

>be mage
>spend all my money on a Bolting tome
>couldn't even afford another tome, but who gives a shit I can hit any pleb in a 50 miles radius
>talking of pleb here comes one in armor
>fuck I missed
>fuck I missed again
>and again
>and again and again fucking fuck fuck
>tore the tome apart in a fit of rage
>get speared by a paladin

Attached: fe_gba_mage.png (165x210, 6K)

I haven't played any of the newer FE games so I'm not too familiar with this turnwheel stuff.
To the people who use it:
- When you play chess vs the computer and you "turnwheel" to take back any moves that turned out poorly, do you still feel like you won?
- When you use the turnwheel in FE do you change your strategy to avoid the chance of dying or do you just roll the dice again with the same odds and hope things turn out better?

Attached: Marcus Training Roy's Grandson.jpg (500x417, 174K)

>So crits count as bonus damage?
???? The full guard in RD negates crits.
>Which makes it even more bullshit when it actually does happen.
Still doubting it actually happen. Nevertheless that if you have 3% hit, take away the lesson you need to stop using trash like Myrms.
>I'm fine with the timewheel as it prevents getting UBER cucked by really shit rng like that
Or you could just move on with your lost or just accept punishment and reset. But no we need to give ironic weebs a free get out of free jail card.
>I really don't see how its worse than casual mode either, one negates singular mistakes and the other allows you to make as many mistakes as you want and still continue the game.
The cancerwheel does let you ignore strategy, even casual mode doesn't let you go back to any previous action you want, or abuse rng. Casual mode doesn't get all forms exp on that map. You can't abuse rng like the cancerwheel so if multiple units die you can get suck and enter a unwinnable state just like classic. You can keep bashing your head against the wall and the rng see differences will make you win and never learn anything.
The cancerwheel is a dog shit mechanic. The time you lose resetting or the unit you lose going forward is the consequence of fucking up. Using it is no better than using save states on an emulator. If they want to bring it back, make the use of it optional from the start so you can separate the shitters from the real players

Because elibefags and archaneafags actually discuss gameplay. FE4, tellius, and 3dsfags bar conquest only care about muh worldbuilding and story.

Literally the only good chapter in 7

No his made up boogeymans don't exist.

I swear I remember certain units with dogshit hit rates managing to pull through on raw crits. Vaike springs to mind.
> where is that stated.
Read the post I’m quoting.
> It's not supposed to be fun. Its war, you have to take precaution. If you don't want to think you will be punished. Simple

You aren’t supposed to calculate every single possibility. You’re supposed to cut yourself off at a certain level of depth, determined by how probable an outcome is. I only start taking a hit rate as a serious tactical consideration once it’s below 92; I only start considering the possibility of a crit when it’s above 8%. If I don’t do this, I may as well calculate the odds of enemy reinforcements spawning right on fucking top of me unannounced because the developer had a stroke and nobody called them on it. There’s a reason you don’t plan on 1% and 2% chances.
As I just explained, nobody has a problem with basic math, players just have a problem with calculating out possibilities that will almost certainly not fucking happen.
> the discussion was about a 5% crit rate and that’s more than enough to...
No. You do not plan around 5% chances. 8% is my bare minimum to consider it probable enough to actually enter the calculations. Anything less and you start introducing so many minuscule factors that, again, it becomes a fucking chore to play.

It’s not “cross your fingers and pray” to assume something with a 5% chance to happen won’t happen.

I’m not advocating for taking back every little mistake via turnwheel, but I’m sure as fuck not going to bend over and let a 3% crit fuck me in the ass.

Based and Archaneapilled

what are those bad habits. choosing an entry game for this series is divisive as shit

it's an autistic faggot who does nothing but suck FE6, FE10, FE11 and Conquest's dicks.
Literally in every fucking FE thread this sperg shows up and spouts the same garbage about MUH REAL STRATEGY GAMES WAAAH ECHOES IS SHIT!!!

Ignore him. The rules for picking an entry point to a video game series are simple and apply to all games.
> The very first one
> The first one that represents a decent chunk of modern gameplay
> The latest one when you first get into it
Anyone who does anything else is a fucking poser who needs to do 20 hours of research to determine whether they’re allowed to like something.

If you have a 8% to get fucked and this happens 30 times in one chapter, overall you only have an 8% chance to succeed.

It sounds like you consider things like sending your high luck / high defense units to fight certain enemies, using supports and items to get more crit evade, killing things from range on player phase so you don't get hit, etc. to be a chore. But I think FE would be kind of bland if you ignored that sort of stuff and just mindlessly threw your army at the enemy.

>always go for release order
It's a real hassle for long series but I experiencing the evolution.

not him but echoes is actually shit

>ACfag
What's that? Some sort of Ace Combat fan?

>If you have a 8% to get fucked and this happens 30 times in one chapter, overall you only have an 8% chance to succeed.

what

Attached: question mark negro.gif (268x274, 1.03M)

*enjoy experiencing the evolution

See, that’s the thing. After rolling a d6 20 times and getting a 6 each time, the 21st roll still has a one in six chance to roll a 6.

I don’t consider anything you described to be a chore. I just reserve my high luck/high defense units for actual threats, rather than, say, sending them out at the first sign that the enemy might manage a critical hit. Like I said, a 3% chance, for instance, is too low to seriously consider, right? I don’t send high luck/high defense units to fight enemies with that kind of crit rate. I use more average units, or heavy attackers. And on the off chance that enemy crits anyway, I feel justified going back to an old save. When the enemy has a 30% chance to land a lethal crit, and I take it anyway, of course I just fucking eat it.

Jeigan fights 30 enemies with an 8% chance to crit him -> in order to win he has to avoid getting crit 30 times -> if you do the math the chance of that happening is 8%

>When you play chess vs the computer and you "turnwheel" to take back any moves that turned out poorly, do you still feel like you won?
Chess doesn't have RNG and the turnwheel doesn't just let you reroll the same thing and get a different outcome. If your unit got 1%crit and died it is ALWAYS going to get 1% critted and die, you have to change your strategy.
Please find an image of the actual description in game because anything I look up for the full guard says it blocks effective weapon bonuses. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?
>Still doubting it actually happen
The only reason I remember it is because how mad I got when it DID happen. An enemy unit got a hit with 3% hit rate and then it was a crit with 1% crit rate.
>move on with your loss
fuck you for not playing around literally way less than an 1/100 chance of happening thing, redo that entire 30 minutes of gameplay again. As long as fucking BULLSHIT like that is possible the turnwheel should be a thing. Make it so I can't get cucked by garbage like that that even YOUR autistic ass wouldn't play around and then maybe you have a case for removing the turnwheel. Also user not sure if you know this but the turnwheel is already entirely optional, you can decide to never use the thing if you hate it.
Going by what that user said the games would be FE1/Shadow Dragon which I wouldn't recommend to a new player, FE7 which is a fine entry point, or three houses which is also a fine entry point. Just know that three houses removed the weapons triangle which was a big factor in most of the older games.

from my point of view, pre promotes steal your exp

why would one unit be fighting 30 enemies that all have the same crit chance

>I swear I remember certain units with dogshit hit rates managing to pull through on raw crits.
Because hit is rolled before crit. Crits can't miss because they can only activate on a hit. Nothing more to it.
>you aren’t supposed to calculate every single possibility
You actually are, that's why they change the critical hit modifier in FE1 and 2 to 3 from Static to Dynamic so you can't actually randomly die anymore. Or why they give you a reward for keeping units alive.
>You’re supposed to cut yourself off at a certain level of depth, determined by how probable an outcome is
Or you form multiple solutions to a singular problem. If you are a crit chance maybe address the situation instead of assuming everything will work out.
>I only start taking a hit rate as a serious tactical consideration once it’s below 92
Or you take everything seriously so you get the most favorable outcome. If a 92% misses, and than the enemy units goes on to kill a unit because of that miss with a crit that's entirely your fault.
>If I don’t do this, I may as well calculate the odds of enemy reinforcements spawning right on fucking top of me
Only in bad games like Awakening.
>players just have a problem with calculating out possibilities that will almost certainly not fucking happen.
If you refuse to craft different possibilities and plan ahead and simply play at the wind that's all you. Not every things goes as plan unless it says 100%
>No. You do not plan around 5% chances
Yeah you do. That's why players are given the chance to negate it.

Actually displayed hit and displayed crit are different. For example a hit rate displayed at 78 has a 90% chance to hit and the 92 you so smugly brought up has a 99% chance to hit in true hit. Getting hit by a displayed 8 hit rate is less than 2% chance. It amuses me when retards compare hit to crit when its not only calculated differently but also easier to play around. You cant affect a low or high hit rate very much outside of niche things like supports but crits can easily be worked around with things like high luck or high def units to tank the hit. Or they can be dealt with on player phase through chip damage and a finishing blow. But keep saying a displayed hit of 92 is the same chance of missing as a displayed crit of 8 when its literally and mechanically not the same.

It's an example
It's a specific situation that helps illustrate a general rule

Based

It means Armored Core. A series Doug is obsessed with.

Characters death should change the growth of support units.

Discuss this mechanic.

THEN YOU ARE LOST

Attached: ugpi5hepmgyh56l2un4fxkzvtf3yyemb_00.jpg (512x384, 27K)

>character deaths in nu fire emblem

>seth kills an enemy next to franz and franz goes down from 40 exp to 20
God i hate when that happens

>Desert
>Fog of war
>Escort mission(There's no way Sohpia is doing any damage)
>Timed if you want the true ending
>Manakete enemies
>reinforcements from the south

I nearly broke my keyboard

Attached: Nabata2.png (512x352, 39K)

>the turnwheel doesn't just let you reroll the same thing and get a different outcome.
Yes it does. The only thing the cancerwheel doesn't change is the rng seed for level ups.
>Please find an image of the actual description in game
Called fortune, not full guard.
>An enemy unit got a hit with 3% hit rate and then it was a crit with 1% crit rate.
Should have use a different unit.
>fuck you for not playing around literally way less than an 1/100 chance of happening thing, redo that entire 30 minutes of gameplay again
Or you can just move on
>As long as fucking BULLSHIT like that is possible the turnwheel should be a thing
No the cancerwheel should never been a thing. Save states should stick to emulators if people want to cheat. Not a free reset button.
>Make it so I can't get cucked by garbage like that that even YOUR autistic ass wouldn't play around and then maybe you have a case for removing the turnwheel
No reason to get upset by rng because risky plans or playing like a retard is for the low IQ.
>Also user not sure if you know this but the turnwheel is already entirely optional
Optional doesn't mean good.

No, I mean that Vaike with a berzerk axe and like 20% hit didn’t miss once. Not “didn’t miss one crit”, he didn’t fucking miss at all. It was ridiculous.
> you actually are
You are. Fucking. Not. As I explained in , I don’t have a problem with adjusting my strategy, but if I’m forced to bring out a tank for everyone with even the slightest hit rate, that’s just as dull of a game as the strategy free dating sim grindfest you think I want. Unless I’m playing super fucking turtle-y, and experience is somehow not an issue, I don’t have the luxury of letting my tanks absorb everything with even the slightest killing ability.

> form multiple solutions
But user, aren’t you arguing against savestates/turn wheel/etcetera? What’s the point of multiple solutions if I can only test one?
/s
Of fucking course I form multiple solutions, but these solutions are preticated on the assumption that a 1% chance will not trigger.

> or you take everything seriously
If I take everything seriously in the way you seem to be suggesting, the game ceases to have any strategy beyond “if a unit doesn’t have high def, res, HP and/or luk, dump it”. A one percent crit is not something I should have to plan around unless I’m in a really tight spot.

> If a 92% misses, and than the enemy units goes on to kill a unit because of that miss with a crit that's entirely your fault.
Except no, it’s fucking not. What you don’t seem to get is that these games are built upon the assumption that you won’t be able to manage 100% hit rates and 0% enemy crit rates. You are meant to take risks. Obviously between a 0% crit rate and a 3% crit rate I’ll still choose 0, but it’s rare that I get the opportunity to do that, which means it’s USUALLY bullshit when you die to a 3% crit.

I’m out of fucking characters and not making a part 2.

people hype this chapter so much but i find myself having more trouble with the echidna chapter

I lost 3 units on my first run of this map (iron man). It took me like 3 playthroughs to come up with a consistent strategy that wasnt just drop off rutger in the middle of all the mercs with clarine support meme strats

This level is Kino

Yes, rage kino

>getting hit by random 1% crits

lmao stop using rutger and raven

> the rng seed for levelups
And everything else. The RNG seed is based on unit positions and actions.
> should have used a different unit
And if you have no units you can spare that manage to reduce that crit rate to 0%? Because your tanks are off doing their actual fucking job?
> Or you can just move on
No. When bullshit takes a unit I take it back, as does every sane user.
> Cheat
The game cheated first.
> risky plans or playing like a retard is low IQ
which is riskier?
> pulling a tank from the frontlines because a random enemy has a 3% crit rate
> sending a less defensive unit to fight mister three percent because the odds of a 3% chance happening are low

I usually go bartre route but a word of advice is to go for that top wall section with a lot of units and go mid with some beefy boys. The bottom is of little concern until Klein shows up anyways, the biggest threat is stopping the fighters that spawn near echidna and stopping the right side village from being destroyed. The left side apart from the bottom after a fair bit of time have virtually zero threat of elimination.

klein and tate have a random chance to not move, and if they do not come close to you, that is a insta reset

>And if you have no units you can spare that manage to reduce that crit rate to 0%? Because your tanks are off doing their actual fucking job?
> pulling a tank from the frontlines because a random enemy has a 3% crit rate
> sending a less defensive unit to fight mister three percent because the odds of a 3% chance happening are low
But that's exactly what strategy is about: Do I take the risk or do I play it safe but lose the position/manpower?

Real chads take the route to Sacae. Virgins take Ilia.

I was going to reply but this user literally said everything I was going to say
So yeah thanks for that. Glad to know I'm not the crazy one here for thinking 3%hit 1% crit was horseshit and I shouldn't have to redo an entire map because of it. You try to reduce risk as much as possible but most of the time are forced to rely on stuff like 1% crits not happening. Like how during that one map in FE7 where you just have to hope that nino doesn't get fucked by a 2% crit and die. There is literally nothing you can do about it other than hope it doesn't happen.

>not power grinding tate
>using both nomads
>dealing with wyvern spam bullshit in 20S
>dealing with the city seige map in general
>having to waste warp just to get through nomad spam chapter without breaking all your 1-2 range
No thanks, ill stick to my balistas and berserk staves tyvm

>No, I mean that Vaike with a berzerk axe and like 20% hit didn’t miss once.
Guess you can't understand a basic concept so here it is again: hit is rolled before crit. Crits can't miss because they can only activate on a hit. Nothing more to it.
>but if I’m forced to bring out a tank for everyone with even the slightest hit rate, that’s just as dull of a game
Actually you aren't supposed to "bring out" because they are supposed to be our already. There's a reason Cavs and Wyverns run supreme. They can take hits. Lots of them. Nevermind this mystical %crits on enemy units can only happen in games where they have beefy stats and aren't meant to be push-overs. Which are 4 games out of 15.
>and experience is somehow not an issue
Experience is never a issue. "Limited" truly doesn't exist
>What’s the point of multiple solutions if I can only test one?
If plan A fails, you fall back to plan B, then C. Never a D because 2rng exists. Not that hard.
>/s
>Of fucking course I form multiple solutions, but these solutions are preticated on the assumption that a 1% chance will not trigger.
Thinking that the assumption won't happen is why you let the rng win becasue you aren't accounting for all the scenarios.
>if a unit doesn’t have high def, res, HP and/or luk, dump it”. A one percent crit is not something I should have to plan around unless I’m in a really tight spot.
Yeah actually, there's a reason you dump shitty units and omly use good ones. Of you don't want to complain or casual a series maybe you should plan around it
Nah that takes too much effort.
>Except no, it’s fucking not.
Except yeah it's actually true.
>What you don’t seem to get is that these games are built upon the assumption
That's untrue. If they didn't everything would be static but it's not.
>but it’s rare that I get the opportunity to do that
Again untrue as crits can easily be worked around and it's why only casuals complain about them.

Except it shouldn’t be a god damn risk. A buttfuck random crit out of nowhere like that should not be a consideration. It’s one of the few times I’d feel justified using the wheel. And even then I often use safe units to pick off stragglers like that anyway, archers and stuff, because I don’t want to even take the damage.

>tfw forced to use a shit unit like shanna and restrain myself from using good units like sue and shin just because i dont wanna go sacae

god i fucking hate sacae so much

Attached: 15095432337.jpg (280x259, 23K)

>And everything else
No hit and crit is based on different seeds.
>And if you have no units you can spare that manage to reduce that crit rate to 0%?
Tank, position yourself away, kill him before he kills you. You always have a option. Of you got yourself in that corner it's your job to get yourself out. Don't blame the game for your ignorance.
>Because your tanks are off doing their actual fucking job?
Not like FE games don't make mounted units the best and floods you with them.
>No. When bullshit takes a unit I take it back, as does every sane user
The only thing bullshit is how bad you can because you refuse to use risk management. If you hate rng or being being able to control it why are you focusing on a series all about it?
>The game cheated first
Did the enemy pop out of nowhere?
No
Did the crit % all of a sudden change numbers?
No
Stop being a little bitch and maybe pay attention to the screen dipshit
>sending a less defensive unit to fight mister three percent because the odds of a 3% chance happening are low
Or just stop using a bad unit in the first place. You saw that a chance of death and took it without a sexond thought. That's on you.

Attached: 1556478173490.jpg (565x648, 276K)

I know the odds are the same regardless of what happened before, but a chapter (or the entire game if you are doing an ironman run) involves a lot of skirmishes and if you let an 8% chance slide all the time the overall reliability ends up being terrible. That's why I think 8% (or even 5%) is too high.
But really the exact % doesn't matter. The puzzle of FE is getting the % as small as possible. Should I send my high defense unit to the left or right? Should I use a warp/freeze/whatever staff here? If you truly made the absolute best strategy possible and get assfucked then that sucks, but if there was something else you could have done and get assfucked then you deserved it even if it's just a 3% chance. All you need to do to get rid of a 3% chance is send a support unit in range or equip a bronze weapon or something.

>thinking 3%hit 1% crit was horseshit and I shouldn't have to redo an entire map because of it.
Its not. The number didnt magically pop up. Next time plan ahead or you know, use your brain and don't pretend everything is going to go in your favor

>Except it shouldn’t be a god damn risk.
It should be. Otherwise crits wouldn't exist. They force you to be cautious.

It’s not that I’m failing to understand you, it’s that I’m weighing the chance you and whatever jerks run the wikia have both failed to be rigorous enough against the chance that I succeeded at a one in five chance 13 times in a row.

> they should already be out
You’re right, they are.
On the front lines. Doing actual tanking against enemies who pose a problem under normal circumstances, not just in the freak chance a random Soldier gets a crit.
My beefy units are already taking hits that I KNOW will be big. My defensively weaker units should not cower in fear of an enemy with a two percent crit rate.
> experience is never an issue
Retard detected.
> If plan A fails, you fall back to plan B, then C
Except when Plan A fails because of a one percent crit rate, it’s only fair that I didn’t really have a backup. And I think you know that.
> you let the rng win
Nope. When the game cheats I cheat back. :^)
> yeah actually
Let me repeat: you are proposing that everyone who isn’t a tank is useless.
Please, listen to yourself.
> That’s untrue.
Show me a playthrough of any fire emblem game where the player never puts one of his units in a position where they have, say, a 1% chance to die from a skill trigger or a crit.
I can wait.
And I repeat: If any one given member of my army gives the enemy a 3% crit rate, the majority of my army gives it similar, and the only difference in who I send is in how much damage the attack would do without a crit. Which, of course, I usually consider.

>use a shit unit like shanna
Nigga Shanna is top 10 in the game

Attached: bb3233eaf594f1b958c19a898b83f4f8.png (1200x1600, 1.28M)

Something else to consider:
- Thracia has those gay 1% minimums and 99% maximums
- In the DS games enemies will try to crit you if they have 2% crit (instead of attacking the unit with lowest defense)
Perhaps the magic number for reliability is somewhere between 1 and 2 %.

>Except it shouldn’t be a god damn risk. A buttfuck random crit out of nowhere like that should not be a consideration.
It should be if you have the mean of preventing it, if you have a situation with units capable of avoiding that problem, it's not the same as having an unavoidable situation when you are forced to sacrifice one of your unit, it's up to you to consider the risks and work around accordingly, and if you put yourself in that unavoidable situation, it's your own fault.

>pegaslut wearing panties
what is this nonsense

what are some FE inspired games? or at least, in the same vein of turn-based strategy like advance wars and such

Hit and crit will be consistent when you load a save and do the same things again, at least in the 3DS games.
> tank, position yourself away, kill him before he kills you
My tanks are usually indisposed with hits that have an actual good reason to be big. I can’t run away from a random weakling. I usually kill him before he kills me, but the thing is, I’ve gotta do it with units that have like a 1% chance to be crit.
> you always have an option
ALMOST always, user. Not always.
> MOUNTED UNITS
Already being used. Try again.
> you refuse to use risk management
“Risk management” is telling me that opening up my frontline so the actual dangerous attacker can come down and rape my archer is a worse idea than attacking mister three percent.
> did the enemy pop out of nowhere?
No
> did the crit % all of a sudden change numbers?
No
> pay attention to the screen
I did, it told me that I could either go for certain death or extremely unlikely death.
> stop using a bad unit
I already do.

I don’t let an 8% chance slide “all the time”. I think you’re misunderstanding me. I still go for 100% certainty whenever I can.

> if you have the mean of preventing it
I don’t, though. My tanks are already being used on the front lines. Opening them up will result in someone dying almost for sure. Or I could just attack the weakling with a more average unit, and take the extremely low chance he’ll crit.

i already sperged in another thread on how bad shanna is, i dont want to do it again

>that I succeeded at a one in five chance 13 times in a row.
Rng happen to be on yourside. Doesnt change the formula.
>On the front lines. Doing actual tanking against enemies who pose a problem
Clearly that solider pose a threat but you refuse to acknowledge him.
>My beefy units are already taking hits that I KNOW will be big.
Clearly not if you are letting some solider get back and kill a weak unit. defensively weaker units should always be protected considering, you know, they can die easily dipshit.
>Retard detected.
Oh he actually believes that limited meme. Holy shit this me dying
>Except when Plan A fails because of a one percent crit rate
The plan never worked in the first place considering you ran right up to Death's door instead of considering all the options like 2 range or using someone else or the millions of ways to change % factors. But that's too hard to do for the Low IQ correct?
>Nope. When the game cheats I cheat back. :^)
Did the enemy pop out of nowhere?
No
Did the crit % all of a sudden change numbers?
No
Maybe you should play FE1 and 2 to see cheating.
>you are proposing that everyone who isn’t a tank is useless.
There's a reason tier lists exists.
>Show me a playthrough of any fire emblem game where the player never puts one of his units in a position where they have, say, a 1% chance to die from a skill trigger or a crit
Don't watch e-celebs. A 1% chance just mean 1 more luck factor so it's not a hard number to change or negate.

Attached: 1507406734947.jpg (500x624, 135K)

>playing off a miniscule chance
>plan fails
>WTF THE GAME CHEATED ME
The chance was there, you took the risk, it didnt pay off. You shouldnt strive for 100% reliability in this game but you knew the risk when you took the risk. Idk why you still argue about this. Just take the loss and move on, btw turn wheel is a shit mechanic that mitigates all risk in any strategy because you can just rewind up to the exact point you failed with zero consequence so risks become more rewarding and basically non punished
>exp is never an issue
>retard detected
Almost every single fe game has been beaten on 0% growths. Missing exp or a few levels wont stop you from beating the game.
>everyone who isnt a tank is useless
No because most units dont have crit against them and dont need to tank crits to the face. In the rare case it does happen you should use your tank unit because thats a scenario they are useful for.

The last promise

Thats misinformation actually. Units will go for someone they can kill. If they have a choice between chipping a unit for 20 or a 10 damage hit with 2% crit that will kill the unit, they go for the option that will result in a kill. If the unit with crit doesnt face a chance of death from the crit then the enemy will go for damage stacking, and if damage stacking is unavailable they will go for highest damage number. This ofcourse after the subcategories like avoiding retaliation and effective weapon checks.

I thought it was obvious but yes, enemies will not go for a crit if the crit does not kill. But the interesting thing I noticed what that enemies do not go for a chance to kill if the chance to kill is only 1%. If it's just a 1% chance to crit-kill they'll stick with whatever does the most damage. Enemies might get influenced by retaliation damage but it's not very significant in the DS games.

What do you mean by damage stacking?

With turnwheel theres literally no risk because you can just rewind time. regardless your strategy was inflexible because you couldnt account for the crit and made your front line so vulnerable that repositioning one unit to handle a killing edge unit or something would result in death. Its such a retarded argument that muh tank on frontline therefore i cant deal with any other potential risks in this game where i have like 14 units at my disposal so its unfair the game has an 8% crit on my unit that HAD to be in combat with the unit that had high crit on him and the ability to kill him.

The chance is so astronomically low that it might as well have magically popped up. Its horseshit plain and simple. Playing around that isn't strategy its psychotic. The chance of it happening is so low you even doubted it ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Even your autistic ass wouldn't play around that low of a risk.

It’s the authority of one random user on Yea Forums, and a fucking WIKIA (ugh), versus a one in several hundred million chance. But I guess I’ll take your word for it.
> clearly that soldier pose a threat
Nope. Not in any sane world. It takes extremely bad luck for him to have any impact. Ergo he is irrelevant to standard tactical considerations beyond “someone go mop him up”.
> letting some weak soldier get back
Usually an acceptable failure given it’s virtually always safe.
> limited meme
What meme? Is experience really not limited in most games? I thought a major complaint with Awakening was the free exp.
> you ran right up to death’s door
Holy fucking shit. Do you refuse to walk because you’re afraid you’ll trip and break your nose?
> it’s not cheating to pull a 1% chance in the game’s favor but never in yours
Retard
> don’t watch ecelebs
I already don’t, now show me the fucking playthrough.

>Hit and crit will be consistent when you load a save
False. Cacnerwheel changes the rng seed of hit and crit.
>My tanks are usually indisposed with hits that have an actual good reason to be big
Your "tanks" (actual good units not trash like armors) will be everywhere so no they can block anything.
>can’t run away from a random weakling.
Yeah you can it's called risk management. If you are a threat you probably should be careful.
>ALMOST always, user. Not always.
You always have a option unless you precisely landed yourself into a corner since you didn't want to think ahead.
>Already being used. Try again.
Mounted are not being used since they have 8 move and aren't being jam packed in one spot.
>Risk management” is telling me that opening up my frontline so the actual dangerous attacker can come down and rape my archer
The fact you are using archers or opening up a offensive front for the enemy shpuld show you how retarded you are.
>No
So it's not cheating, but you cheated.
>it told me that I could either go for certain death or extremely unlikely death.
Notice how you believe there to always be only two outcomes
>I already do
No you don't considering how bad you are.

>The chance is so astronomically low that it might as well have magically popped up
The % was there and you refuse to acknowledge it. That's on you. Juat becasue you're bad doesn't mean I am

why there is so much text in this thread

> playing off incredibly high chance of not being crit, the best chance I got
> plan fails anyway
> oh well I guess I did all I could

I don’t strive for 100% reliability, but I don’t take retarded risks either. If I’m forced to go into a fight with an 80% chance to die at best, I don’t use the turn wheel, because that’s my fault.
> almost every game has been beaten on 0% growths
Okay, how many of those were Ironman runs, and how many of them required the player to be a literal god who knew the game inside and out?
> No because most units dont have crit against them and dont need to tank crits to the face.
Correct, most units don’t need to tank crits to the face.
But this doesn’t mean that most units have a 0% crit rate against your army, it means that the sub 10% crit rates the enemy has virtually never trigger in practice.

Before the first move of a turn the AI decides if any units are in position to stack damage for a kill. In 3ds this is bugged because they will actually consider a unit dead during the damage stack phase if they already calculated enough damage to kill regardless of the hit chances so its not useful to talk about it in that context. In new mystery if the enemies can kill a unit by stacking damage on that unit. That way they dont just waste their opportunity to kill a unit by just going for high damage targets and instead will go for a unit they know they can kill even if the individual damage is lower compared to damage on other units in range of them. In 3ds an example of the bug is if 5 archers are in range of effie and camilla and the game decides. 2 archers will kill camilla, shes seen as dead for the rest of the damage stacking phase and the ai will focus on effie now. This causes weird situations where 2 archers will attack camilla and miss and then the rest will attack effie unless a route the enemy wanted to take tht uses the space camilla died on would be used for their turn. In this case if an enemy was supposed to use camillas space because it assumed she was dead but she didnt actually die then they will redo the damage stacking phase. Lets say they dont plan on interacting with camillas space however, only 2 archers will attack camilla that turn because they assume shes dead already and have no way to check if she died after the damage stacking phase. I learned all this from an ltc autist and i tried it out, it works from what ive tested in conquest

>It’s the authority of one random user on Yea Forums, and a fucking WIKIA
Or just looking inside the games code. You know how every other formula is found.
>(ugh),
>Nope. Not in any sane world
So he didn't have a crit aka a chance of death. Okay? Why are we talking about him.
>Usually an acceptable failure given it’s virtually always safe
Safe: protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.
Clearly they weren't
>Is experience really not limited in most games?
It's not limited at all due to arenas, bonus exp, reinforcements, enemy spam and DLC
>you refuse to walk because you’re afraid you’ll trip and break your nose?
No because I don't have a leg disability.
>I already don’t, now show me the fucking playthrough.
Don't watch e-celebs
You are very obsessed

I acknowledged how ASTRONOMICALLY low the chances were of me getting fucked there and decided to plan my turn around it. You are lying through your damn teeth if you say you have never had to restart due to an unlucky roll.

It is the power of FE autism

>It’s the authority of one random user on Yea Forums, and a fucking WIKIA
Or just looking inside the games code. You know how every other formula is found.
>(ugh),
>Nope. Not in any sane world
So he didn't have a crit aka a chance of death. Okay? Why are we talking about him.
>Usually an acceptable failure given it’s virtually always safe
Safe: protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.
Clearly they weren't
>Is experience really not limited in most games?
It's not limited at all due to arenas, bonus exp, reinforcements, enemy spam and DLC
>you refuse to walk because you’re afraid you’ll trip and break your nose?
No because I don't have a leg disability. If walking on unstable ground it's a good idea to prepare yourself.
>I already don’t, now show me the fucking playthrough.
Don't watch e-celebs
You are very obsessed

I’m not talking about turn wheel specifically. In MOST FE games, loading a save then doing the same things gets the exact same result. Maybe turn wheel is different.
> Your "tanks" (actual good units not trash like armors) will be everywhere
First of all
> implying the only good units are tanks
Secondly
No they won’t. Tanks shouldn’t be “everywhere”, they should be “wherever your front line is”, drawing enemies away from their main mass and taking the initial hits so that your more attack oriented units can come in and pick them apart. They shouldn’t be concerned with random weak units.
> If you are a threat you probably should be careful.
What are you trying to say?
> You always have a option unless you precisely landed yourself into a corner
No, dipshit. When my best unit I can spare has a 3% chance to be crit, it’s usually not my fault.
> Mounted are not being used since they have 8 move and aren't being jam packed in one spot.
They still aren’t always available, it’s not that hard to conceive user.
> The fact you are using archers
Are archers really that bad?
> So it's not cheating, but you cheated.
It is cheating if the game can get a 1% chance and I never can.
> Notice how you believe there to always be only two outcomes
Because that’s how the game works. Unless you use save states, it’s “certain death” (made a dumb choice) or “unlikely death” (made the right choices but the enemy can still crit).

Ah, sounds like the improved that AI for the 3ds games. That's a pretty weird bug but it doesn't seem like it's possible to abuse it without putting yourself in a position where you can die so I don't think I'll be able to use it.
A big part of strategy in early FE11 and FE12 is baiting enemies into attacking the wrong target. E.g. if there are three enemies in range and you have three units that get 2HKOd you can place the lowest defense unit and second lowest defense unit in places where only a single enemy can reach them, and toss the highest defense unit right in the middle. The enemies will prioritize predictably and your highest defense unit will only get hit once, despite being 2hko'd.

Played every game blind ironman first time around. Only got 1-3 units I let die in about each game because I thought they could crit, missed and died at low HP but they were shitty so who cares

No i mean most enemy units in fire emblem besides killing edge enemies or innate crit enemies have a bad skill stat and your luck stat is 99% of the time high enough for this not to be an issue. Its so case by case that luck or crits is an issue like nino or hector having 1% crit chance from archers in talons alight. Otherwise low percent crits from non crit weapons and non capped skill units are insanely rare and i dont know why you bitch about them so adamantly.
Ive beaten a 0% growths run of fe7. It doesnt take a god. The iron man point is not even being discussed here anyways so thats a complete non sequitor to excuse your stupid accusation of calling someone a retard for saying exp doesnt actually matter that much in the grand scheme of things. Its extremely abundant in most games, you hardly grow that much in the gba games over the course of 1-2 level ups so missing up to 10 kills or 2 levels doesnt even hurt that much, and you can just beat endgame with athos and harken for 7 anyways which is the game stingiest about exp on hard mode

> lol just look inside the game’s code yourself user!
I don’t know what else you could be implying but you can’t possibly be this fucking stupid.
> everything I dislike is reddit
Then why still talk to me?
> Safe: protected from or not exposed to danger or risk;
I said VIRTUALLY. As in, almost all of the time. This is the rare chance it failed. It’s bullshit and I don’t stand for it.
> It's not limited at all due to arenas, bonus exp, reinforcements, enemy spam and DLC
Oh, I thought we were talking about the series in a more general sense. Of course there are ways around it in newer games.
> comparing risking taking a 1% crit to having a leg disability and walking on unstable ground
Do you just round every crit rate above 0% and below 20% up to 20%? Jesus fuck.
> don’t watch e-celebs
I don’t, show me who I should watch.

I always did like how valuable of a resource hp and barely surviving is in shadow dragon. Theres a lot more satisfying moments when you push a character to their limits of usefulness in that game than there is in any other game

I've done some 0% growths ironman runs but I've never recorded them because I think they would be boring to watch. I just pause and look at the map for periods of time as I think about what to do and I spend a really long time assigning items before each chapter. Do you guys really want to watch something like that?
Maybe i could try to answer questions if you're wondering about something specific?

Its pretty interesting wstching people discuss risk mitigation in such a 2 dimensional fashion, a lot better than waifu threads for sure

Holy fucking shit
> Otherwise low percent crits from non crit weapons and non capped skill units are insanely rare and i dont know why you bitch about them so adamantly.
I don’t bitch about them “adamantly”
I know they’re rare
I’m just in a thread full of people who are calling me a retard for not treating any crit above 0% as 100% and trying to defend myself.
They’re saying this because they’re arguing against any type of run but an Ironman classic blind run. So I would say that the Ironman point does indeed matter a lot. And like I said, you must know FE7 inside and out, yes? You aren’t a tactical master enough to take an entirely new 0% growths FE game and do it without save states or even regular saves.
And before you ask me why this matters, it fucking matters to me. I don’t deserve to be shat all over because I haven’t been playing your game since I was old enough to crawl.

Bad rolls happen in FE which I of course understand, doesn't make it feel any less shitty when they do though. I'm glad the newer games have dialed back on that though, Hector hard mode just feels like rolling dice and hoping you don't get cucked sometimes. Like how to my knowledge you just have to hope Jaffar and Nino don't die before you reach them.

See, that’s called autism. I don’t want to have to put THAT much thought into the games. How is it so hard to understand that I’m willing to think, but not willing to think hard enough to do an Ironman classic run on my first playthrough?

How do you plan who to give what stat booster to and who gets to promote first when theres a chance they could just straight up die and waste that valuable resource for you

user, I’m proud of you for being able to accomplish that, but THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LIVING FUCKING NIGHTMARE AND I DONT WANT TO DO IT.

Is it really that hard for everyone in this thread to comprehend that I’m happy to think, and just don’t want to think enough to accomplish shit like that? Is it really that weird that I’m not a tactical god who can pull off a blind classic ironman run?

Jaffar has to be hit by 2 axe users at like 30% displayed hit (less true hit) and the retreat up with an elixer into range of maxime for a chance to die iirc. Or he could let the sword reaver axe guy into zephiels room by healing on a turn he needed to fight on but i have never had that happen in a run ive done. Nino has a 2-3% chance to get crit but once again ive never seen it happen to anyone and i feel real bad for the person that discovered that crit chance for the first time.

>why cant people in this thread let me be happy not ironmanning my playthrough
>also all of you are autists for not liking milas turnwheel and not just resetting every time you take a chance and get fucked over by rng.

depends on what games

I should clarify, ive def had him die to maxime before i could reach him.

I never said any of that. I don’t “just reset every time I take a chance and get fucked over by RNG”. I take lots of SMALLER risks and let them play out for better or for worse. Risks SO small they should hardly matter and somehow turn into a dead unit, those I rewind. Fuck you for detailing what MIGHT have been a peaceful resolution to this thread, you cockwipe.

Generally a large portion of stat boosters and promotion items are pretty straightforward since certain characters are needed to clear specific parts of the game reliably. The spare ones go to anyone who can improve reliability or just make things simpler.
People don't usually straight up die because everything ends up being very reliable. If the chance of something working isn't 100% I'll have some backup to bail myself out of there. But sometimes I make a dumb misclick and fuck everything up, in that case I need to pause the game for a while to come up with an alternative plan.

I enjoy these runs as they're a fun challenge to plan out at the very least, but I'm not saying anyone else has to do it.

I've had these things happen. Another one is asvel getting crit to death on his join chapter in FE5. Fortunately these things don't cause a game over; I'd hesitate to ironman a game where there's a significant chance to die without anything you can do about it.

jesus christ how massive is that structure on the bottom right it's bigger than that entire village, it is taller than every mountain range on the map what the fuck kind of nonsense temple is that

Yeah I've had Jaffar die a few times before I could reach him and had a friend that got cucked by the 2% crit on Nino. Its not that much of a pain to reset if it does happen, but its pretty stupid that a unit can die without any commands from you. You thankfully also don't need either of them to beat the game but I'll take any advantage I can for hector hardmode run.

Whats the highest amount of units you have lost on a single map? Do you use fire emblem WOD or something else for maps?

i wish there were more gba hackroms to play

I use FEWOD if I need to check a map. There's occasionally errors but as far as I know it's the best resource available.
As far as situations where everything worked out okay go, I've probably lost 6-8 units in FE5's final map before. It's probably possible to make an even more reliable plan for that chapter where everyone survives, but it was good enough for me.
In other situations I made a silly error and my whole line folded and my lord died.

Try the FE 8 skills patch. Innes gets galeforce its great

This map has fucking NOTHING on 2-E.

Enlightened one, Emperor, Barbarossa and Great Lord technically aren't Master Classes and the only ones that are 100% upgrades are the fliers and War Master. Gremory misses out on Tomefaires that the previous tier had, Dark/Holy Knight miss out on 2x tome uses, Great Knight is just absolute ass and has less defense than Fortress Knight so it's worse than FK but it also requires you to focus on Axes and Armor if you're trying to be a retard and go Paladin > GK, and Mortal Savant is Mortal Savant.

They're mostly sidegrades. Deal with it.

Attached: 1544418262477.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>we live in a timeline where mortal sarvant replaced trueblades

These horse animations are fucking stupid

>horse spin for crits
I kek'd

FE crit animations have always been over the top and stupid.

it makes me remember how they ruined nomads in sacred stones

Lorenz's Paralogue says hello

Attached: maximum overdrive.gif (63x57, 5K)

It was made at the height of the humans' power as a way to seal away their ultimate weapons

Every time I read a FE thread on Yea Forums i'm glad I'm a brainlet and never cared about the autists you are when playing the games.
>Never felt ashamed about turtling
>Tried to reach the best ranks in FE with the units I liked
>Never use prepromotes.
>Keep promoting when reaching lvl 20 of base class
>Never went ranting "I wish more of my bones were broken"
>Never played the old FE on hard settings
>6, 7 and 12 are my favorites
Feels good to know that there are people getting angry at a series because of their own made up rules.

Attached: lysithea dabs on you.jpg (263x296, 27K)

>It's not supposed to be fun. Its war

Attached: 1566491043413.png (1717x1080, 341K)

Why would you play less game?

Seize is definitely slower though, because it requires carrying your lord all the way to the end of the map. It's rarely if ever some big diverted map where there's a secondary insurmountable giant force about to descend on you if you don't seize in time. It's always just the same gauntlet-to-the-boss like a "rout" or "kill commander" map.

The problem with that is FE's game design works against the idea of permadeath. Any unit that would be considered expendable is better off at being ignored entirely, the EXP they would waste with their death would be better off going to another unit that you do use.
Units that you use on your main team are often too valuable to consider losing because replacing them would mean grinding up a shitter units you ignored, which isn't always an option considering the linear progression of most games.

Waiting a 100 turns every map for supports doesn't sound fun to me. Seizing is not slow, all you have to do is beat the boss and seize with the lord, you can often avoid doing parts of the map. If you go and route the map as well, then yeah it will be slow because you're doing two objectives. FE6 in particular has a lot of incentives to go through maps faster, with gaiden chapters being locked behind your turn count most of the time and many villages that get destroyed by brigands if you don't reach them in time.

>Run for it before dick ass thief does dick ass thing

>made up rules
Rankings are in the game retard

>Crit makes something hit every time.
This is widely debunked myth. It's not true. You need to hit before you crit. Stop being stupid.

Well duh Rangers had to replace Nomads because Nomads were Sacaen and Sacae doesn't exist in Magvel

>play GBA games ages ago but I was a scrub and let a bunch of people die
>only go back to the series with radiant dawn, at least I moved from 50 to 60 IQ so now I can understand the series better
>awakening is my favorite now
>never got far on Fates because the story is fucking retarded
should I go back and play the old ones again?

Yeah, try Sacred Stones first it's got some similarities to Awakening

That's pretty much a kill boss. A better example would be the Catherine/Ashe paralogue with fog of war. I think they are mentioning that there aren't really any defend chapters in the main chapters themselves. Would had been a nice change of pace.

>Secretshop sells boots
What were they thinking?

It's fun

>leave for the day
>come back
>thread is still up and active
Wow, never expected that from an FE6 thread.

>Crit rate reaching 90%+

Man Binding Blade was some shit, best GBA game.

Attached: Rutoga_(Binding_Blade_Artwork).png (799x958, 368K)

>Rutoga

Attached: 1566442582831.png (287x312, 8K)

I thought this chapter was bullshit until I played Thracia. That game has chapters like these on the regular but with 10 ballistae on top and dark mage reinforcements every turn.

7's story is way better than 6.

The story has more holes than swiss cheese.

>play GD
>the chapter before enbarr, the one with the nuke
>huge map with tons of enemies
>try to do my usual thing, which is clearing he map fully
>suddenly death knight runs for the exit
>had to change plans and just barely caught up to him with 2 units, one turn before he would've fucked off.
pretty fun map.
but would i have failed the map if he managed to escape? because i feel like i could've easily failed the map if i had a different item/unit composition. my lysithea didn't even get there in time, lucky my hilda managed to do it with a bit of assistance and a brave axe.

Still more entertaining than the boring shit FE6 is.

just turns into a route mission.

>people like seize now

It's literally just rout except it tricks players into thinking they have to conserve weapons in a series that throws more than enough resources to clear the game with liberal use even on hard mode.

>"B-But muh speedruns!"

Play 0% growth instead.

As soon as I saw the condition was kill the commander I just rushed with a warped Byleth and Claude/Hilda.

>it's literally just rout except you don't have to rout
high iq post

Yeah I dont understand all this defense of Seize. Its an ok objective but it gets old fast.

i never play like this unless i'm forced to. i don't really understand the appeal desu.

The games play off each other nicely. I would not care about Zephiel as much as the villain if I didn't play 7 first. And if you played 6 first it's neat to see what characters were doing when younger.

Advance Wars did it better because they made maps that were nearly impossible without rushing the enemy HQ.

I usually take my time with maps and play a slow style, but since the boss was so close to the starting point I said why not. Ended on turn 4 because I wanted Ignatz to grab the two chests.

IT'S
OK
WHEN
NINTENDO
DOES
IT

Why the fuck don't manaketes have 2-range? They fucking breathe fire.

Sometims they do, like in Awakening, RD etc. it sems to be randomly