Okay, but seriously. Where should the second game have actually been set?

Okay, but seriously. Where should the second game have actually been set?

Attached: choose.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OwwkjgHE2mk
youtube.com/watch?v=B-jjWvJeb60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

See HL2 Beta

In the SEX CHAMBEEEEERRRRRRRR

city 17, ravenholm, and the desolated surrounding area is one of the coolest settings in any games
i mean what's your golden idea?

city 17, save for the sewer levels was great, shut your slut mouth

idk

In another Black Mesa

What game?

Just playing this game for the first time, and wondering why’s the AI in this game feel so much more fun than 2? 2 has its fun moments too with other enemies, but their equivalent of “shoot at you goons” felt more plain, like they’re a bit slow and not as proactive as the HECU

asdasdasd

city 17 but with actual content

Maybe somewhere with something in common with Black Mesa
An eastern European city full of Americans is hardly a fluid and logical follow-up
And suddenly characters like Eli and Kleiner are important and you've known them for ages? I just don't buy that

Why are you on Yea Forums if you haven't played this game 20 years ago?

you have to go back

sorry if I dont recognize your obsucre shitty boomer game

quake 2

unreal

>obsucre
go back

Why respond to bait if you arent even gonna be funny?

new jersey

I'm not here to entertain you.

>first game only got better with age and is still extremely fun to replay especially with some mods
>second game feels gradually worse as time goes by because of the pacing and focus on storytelling

I can hardly even bring myself to replay HL2 plus episodes

Attached: on a rail.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

HL2 and the episodes don't feel like Half-Life games to me
It's hard to put a finger on exactly why, it just feels too different

It didn't need a sequel at all. They just shouldn't have made one.

The two games have more or less the same AI.
HL1 just has better encounter design. Encounters and the motivations behind them are distinct in their presentation and execution because they are catered toward building the best rooty tooty shooty experience.
HL2 loses its way because it introduces a bulk of mechanics and incidental garbage for the sake of novelty. Encounter design became bloated with things like physics shit, driving, antlions, setting up turrets and dumb set piece cinematics, with less attention on memorable encounters using the core skillset.
Entire segments of the game are devoted to this bloat and the rest of the game suffers because its attention that they weren't giving to designing a satisfactory shooty experience.

The majority of the enemy types in HL2 are humanoid.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwwkjgHE2mk

absolute redemption but even bigger or just make it about another facility but in europe or asia, that'd be neat
maybe instead of hl2 they should've made prospero

Since when can you use bullet time in BHL?
Or is it a separate mod?

Honestly this.

But if you really want me to choose then I'd build an huge alien fortress in borderworld serving as an invasion staging area, with many portals opened and connected to various diverse and interesting locations in our world that Freeman visit as he progresses through the fortress.
Locations should include multiple urban areas, wilderness of different types, a ruined military base, maybe a ship, etc, can come up with something more. The important thing is that at the every location Freeman visits, some explosion or other catastrophic event happens that destroys the place and closes the portal.

Honestly, I don't even remember a place where AI could shine with doing something unexpected.

Just a simple script, can be found in the addon section

Nowhere. Rejecting the gman's offer is the real ending.

This.

That statement is also true of Half Life 1 though

Hexen

sex with old men on a train

zoom zoom zooom

It's really hard for me to say that HL2 has better AI. If you've seen the MarphitimusBlackimus videos on YouTube you know how much weird and ambitious details were put into HL1. HL2 I think does not to it to the same extent or go above and beyond. Although it could also be that HL2 has less enemies and everything overall.

That true but HL2 still has a great attention to detail.
youtube.com/watch?v=B-jjWvJeb60

>obscure

Attached: 76068882.png (625x626, 30K)

what mod?

Is it really though? Half-Life 1 had an entire section upon an alien world where you encounter things like the manta-rays, big head flying aliens, alien grunts, headcrabs + zombie, bullsquids, houndeyes, tentacles, snarks, barnacles, ichthyosaur, leeches, etc. The humans in Half-Life also had tanks, choppers, ninjas, mines, turrets and all that. And in Opposing Force they had all the Race X creatures like the shock trooper and the swipers, Half-Life definitely had a good lot of variety in enemies. Half-Life 2 added new headcrabs, manhacks, combine walkers and antlions but they also removed lots from the original game.

Is dis wot old people used to play? lmfao I feel sorry 4 you

Nonhumanoid enemies from HL1:
>headcrabs
>houndeyes
>barnacles
>ichthysoars
>bullsquids
>snarks (only kinda, since they're your weapon)
>tentacle
>gonarch
>turrets
Nonhumanoid enemies from Half Life 2:
>scanners
>manhacks
>headcrabs
>fast headcrabs
>poison headcrabs
>antlions
>antlion guards
>striders
>turrets
>rollermines
I agree that the enemies of Half Life 1 had a bit more variety as far as visual design is concerned, but as far as their roles in gameplay it's about the same

yes. gabe knew

Daikatana

>Adrian Shephard will never be seen again.

you fucked up my face!

I remember along time ago when I criticized HL2 when it was a year or two old and everyone got offended at the time as if I talked smack about their messiah. Fast-Foward today, I'm glad to see this post.

Attached: 1559336088223.gif (180x180, 2.7M)

Speaking of mods, what are some good half life mods?

my gf has been sending videos to her friend, "Karla" when we have sex. Something I should add is that I've known about my gf recording and don't have a problem because you can't see our faces. However I wasn't aware that she sent them to her friend.

What?

Nah, you were just 2impressed by the physics.

uh, Doom 64

its a web series called freemans mind

The sequel is great as it is. Go take your doublethink clickbait bullshit elsewhere zoomer.

south america overrun w/ aliens