Underrail: Expedition Thread

Underrail: Expedition Thread
Come bitch about DOMINATING, unobtainable collectors and rapid reloaders and crawlers of all kinds

Attached: URExp.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

How long will the Kukri last me for my stealth dagger build? 20% crit on this weapon alone is really good

>threads are still brimming with activity 1.5 months later
What went so right?

Attached: 1537997237270.png (500x500, 41K)

Is Yahota dominating Briggs in bed or is she his daughter?

Why not both?

Solid game, solid dlc, solid discussion, low info on it encourages sharing info, dificulty filters plebs, actual atrategy makes discussing build efficiency good, various dificulties, uncataloged lore giving a lot of discussion able about it, so on. Fuck Six tho.
It should last you a good long while. You can probs use a better and lighter one but for now bre, until you feel its weak, itl do you good. Itl do you very good.

>Thought control + some TM against Strongmen
Uuuugh stupid strongman actually too strong
At least I can walk away

>no PK
Well, bit of a questionable choice, but remember user, you can alwaus make a muffled temporal manip specced headband to dab on them hardcore. If shit fucks up, make a 95% penalty tank tac vest/metal armor and laugh at them wailing at you.

>grant Mason true death
>reload
>he is alive again
There is no escape. ;_;

Literally the RPG of the decade
Brought me back from a long 3 year hiatus off of videogames

Oh, pipeworks...

same build here, I dread about this greatly
I think I'm just gonna throw EMP and restealth, go full metal gear solid on all the lemurian facilities

No I cant do that Im a naturist I only use belts

>unobtainable collectors
But I bought a q163 one today, right after beating Depot A and unlocking Constantine.
>and rapid reloaders
Lucas sells them every other time.

You dont trust your fucking BOY LADELMEN Invictus? Banging. Markus got some good hunches tho.

It's just fun to play and there's a ton of possibilities in regards to builds. Being able to speed the game up on demand also brought in a lot of new people who didn't want to deal with how sluggish it looked before, and brought back a lot of the old timers who were done replaying the game because of the slow start.

Im doing this
I dont want to be tempted by Force field if you put points in psychookinesis

test

Do psilets still get to rift-walk?

Of course.

>get a buttload of feats to make shotguns not suck
>they still fucking suck
>check Tyranny vs Hornet of the same quality on firing range
>two Hornet bursts (60 AP with the help of contraction or adrenaline) deal like 60% more damage than a shotgun burst
That's it, bre, I'm rerolling this shit. Shotguns are just garbage.
>pumps deal even less damage per AP than fully specced combat shotguns
>ARs have two and a half times as much optimal range
>ARs take way less feats to be better (2 common feats in my comparison, Full Auto and Suppresing Fire)
>AR firing cone is superior because enemies are more likely to be in a line
>Ambush and "single-target" special attacks don't work with shotguns
>individual pellets don't consume psycho-spacial projection stacks
>shotguns have only one good barrel and one mod per type
The only thing going for shotguns that I can think of is that they have armor penetration on default shells, but I can use a heavier AR or tungsten ammo in that case. Spread and/or optimal range need to be increased to make them any good. Fuck this video game shotgun meme.

That's a relief. So the only thing you'd be missing out on is monolith fuckery?

And a few more things, but nothing else major.

this just in: shotguns suck compared to rifles in real life too

Play as a Hammer Wizard

>trying to explore under-passages near SGS because I'm spooked and don't want to head to the Rathound King or go to Rail Crossing and deal with CRAWLERS
>only two maps north of SGS I can really explore
>rocks block north direction to Core City probably a good thing FUCK CRAWLERS
>found some Lunatics in an area that went back up to Lower Underrail
>saw some Burrower eggs in another direction
Welp I reckon I should suck it up and head over back to my main questing. I could do the Burrower caves near GMS Compound but idk if it would be worth aside from oddities/random other shit I find.

They don't suck though. I would definitely use one for every purpose other than fighting on open terrain.

Sounds like you're just retarded bre.

>Rail Crossing and deal with CRAWLERS
But there are no Crawlers on RC, just Burrowers

There's not a single crawler in Rail Crossing, idk where you got that idea.

At what point do I get the Aegis patroller?

Thanks for your input.

Briggs seems like an anal guy and Yahota has way too much agility for someone getting their rump pumped.

I meant near, not actually in it. Meh

You'll have to overcome the crawlers eventually, user. Don't let them win. Find a way to dominate them.

Yeah uh if you go and explore the caves I guess but then you're not doing RC anymore

You're welcome, anyone who thinks Shotguns are a single target weapon that would work with Ambush deserves no less.
Now respec and do a shotgun run for real.

hey hey SSeth

Go take a nap, then make all the right choices.

>anal
>not missionary for the sole purpose of procreation of soldiers

>anyone who thinks Shotguns are a single target weapon that would work with Ambush
I confirmed that before I even created this character.
>shotgun run for real
You mean like play a different game where they look like shotguns? Get out with your redditor nonsense, either explain to me why you think shotguns aren't shit or drop off.

Is Interloper worth it at level 2 for a stealth character? Or should I just pick up Opportunist now while there's no competition for it? Hit and Run is an option too but I'm not sure if that works off Grenade/Throwing Knife kills

Missionary is too intimate for that wanabee marble faced fuck. That wanabee dominator terminator is a doggy man, as certain as Ladelman is a face and mamaloons dude.

>Go take a nap, then make all the right choices
user pls I need an answer
Is it after the kidnapping? Does it even happen cause I unmasked the spy

Why can't you have children in this game? I want an ending where you impregnate the psi sisters and depending on your will those little tykes either grow up with some ability, grow up with a lot of psionic abilities, or are effectively psionic demigods by the time they're six.

Styg is a wizard irl, which is why he loves psionics so much lad.

Yes. I got the key as soon as I got back the Brofessor. No idea how would catching the spy early come into this, though.

Is Interloper worth it at level 2 for a stealth character? Or should I just pick up Opportunist now while there's no competition for it? Hit and Run is an option too but I'm not sure if that works off Grenade/Throwing Knife kills

this just in: shotguns suck compared to rifles in real life too

Ah, so Yea Forums isn't fucking up on just my end.

Bre

>You mean like play a different game where they look like shotguns?
Good luck with that bre
>explain to me why you think shotguns aren't shit or drop off.
Because Sixth Shell+Fragmented Chaos+Critical Power alone dominate, learn to use your pellet types bre.

If you plan to use stealth for more than just engaging combat, yes.

>Sixth Shell+Fragmented Chaos+Critical Power
I already had that and used 6P, thanks for your input (not).

If you catch the spy early everyone in the Aegis camp sucks your cock. And of course you get the keys too.

Reminder that Biocorp did literally nothing wrong.

>and used 6P
Sure hope you used 6p on armored enemies and not everyone caught in your way.

It's not that good really, the added movement points are tiny compared to other stuff like fancy footwork, sprint or that time manipulation ability
> Hit and Run
If you are going melee fancy footwork is a fuckton better.

They died

I took interloper for the first time on my agilet and you can skip 95% of encounters. You can squeeze right past critters without them turning orange so you no longer have to deal with respawning psi beetles on your way to hanging rat bar etc. It also lets you walk right past cameras because guards cannot catch up to you even if you were spotted.

But if you prefer murdering everyone on the screen maybe try a different feat.

I got pretty much nothing except a fat dude in a container.

Is there any way to do a normal firearm pistol build or are they just a mostly aesthetic choice? The 'use execute on 10 enemies' achievement is still one of the rarest in the game

critical power
sharpshooter
smart rapid .44 hammerer
stack crit chance and use rapid fire

Attached: name.jpg (653x373, 46K)

Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in an endless recursion of time.

And a broken kidnapping apparently

Attached: door stuck haha.jpg (1444x902, 320K)

some sort of... timelapse vertigo?

I was thinking about trying the game for a while. I saw a thread saying that an Expansion came out and decided to buy it. I love the game, but have yet to beat it. I've restarted 2 times now

>First character was an unarmed character on Normal. Was actually very strong but normal became boring when I hit level 15 or so, especially because I already had my two best weapons (Fists and Power Glove).
>Second character was a Tin-Can Combat Shotgunner on Hard. He was relatively effective, but I hated how Combat Shotguns played (Basically carrying like 150 ammo around everywhere and then using it all very quickly) and really regretted getting 3 AGI. Made it to level 14
>Current Character is a Sword + Shield user focusing on Shield Bash, also on Hard. Damage is inconsistent but I find melee to be more enjoyable because half my weight isn't ammo

My only problem with Swords is that the crafting for them isn't great. Feels kind of silly that you only get the choice of two blades and the material you put in them, with some electric enhancement. I feel like there should be a 3rd type of blade and different handles that modify stuff about them. As of now all I really do is just try to find the highest quality Tungsten.

Oh also a question for you anons: When making Riot Armor with Shields what sort of pieces do you guys typically use, for a sword character that is. Obviously Tungsten shield for most block (which means most shield bash damage), but right now I just sort of use whatever pieces are highest quality aside from that.

Attached: 1552063766167.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

Hmmm...
A TIMELAPSEVERTIGO.exe, maybe?

when does styg come back from vacation?

How does one get into that conversation? I don't remember that guy.

First JKK quest

Should I try tin can pistol/sniper rifle? I was doing unarmored but I kinda hit a wall at Depot A, or at least I wasn't overly enjoying myself, but I felt like I couldn't out damage the enemies.

11 more days.

their feats are pretty unfocused. they dont really tackle the problem with shotguns in that your damage is divided across multiple smaller shots and its range. get sixth shell and leading shot, then forget about the other shotgun skills and focus on other feats until later on. shotgun is terrible as a standalone class and needs a subfocus to make up for its weaknesses. once you get specializations, start pumping leading shot.

Weird, I was super satisfied with my pure shotgun build. Maybe it falls off on hard/dominating more?

alot of builds fall off in hard and DOM, cause you cant oneshot things as easy and things can oneshot you super easy.

How come people were happy with them earlier then? Damage was good for them.

>fall off in hard
No. Health and skill changes are only on DOM.

They didn't try shooting an AR instead. It has equal or better damage with none of the downsides.

iunno, i had the most trouble with shotguns in the starting levels. shotguns as a build is sorta bare. you really only need the 2 aforementioned skills. the rest is mostly filler.

I've never, ever used Stoicism. Is it decent for a 16 WIL / 9 CON psychosis wizard?

In my opinion the problem isn't so much shotguns in a vacuum, but moreso in context.

In a vacuum shotguns do very good damage. They have natural AP, have a spread and are "AoE", can have high crit potential thanks to feats and seem pretty decent.

But then you take them into the real game and it just doesn't function that well. Pump Shotguns are just worse than Combat shotguns, with worse damage per AP and lower burst damage. If you make a burst Combat Shotgun build you can do decent damage, but you have to use so much ammo. You're weighed down by hundreds of shells and you end up using a bunch in every encounter. It is frustrating to fight random smaller enemies because your damage ramps up and so even a basic rathound can take 2 shots or so even from a pretty good shotgun. The short range can make combat very awkward especially because of how all in you have to be during your turns (Burst or nothing, basically). Also it is very annoying that you're a crit build and so often with a decent crit chance only a few pellets will crit. And the hit rate is fucking retarded. The max you can get to is like 75% as opposed to everything elses 95% (or 100%) so even with high skill and feats you can still end up missing most of your pellets.

Shotguns NEED to be able to get 95% accuracy like other firearms. It is unacceptable that they don't.

Imagine not being psi and not having 100% chance to hit.

npc health yes, player health no it gets affected on hard. hard also gets 'smarter' ai in that they will spam every debuff and stun. fucking hate crossbow fuckers, nonstop shockbolts

Oh, I also wanted to add that Chokes/Long Barrels need to be fixed. Because the max hit is ~75% they're utterly useless. You can have a short barrel and tube or foregrip and get to the 75% hit chance with more damage/ammo.

FInally: Shotguns need craftable only gimmick ammo. Dragonfire, radioactive pellets, or maybe even slugs.

>29 IPs
just fuck off back to your general already underrail shills

Attached: file.png (1533x883, 524K)

buzz off, pipeworker

Only if you're very armoured
Like a tin can

So don't get shot, which is already necessary to survive crossbows/snipers/psionics on normal, and you can still kill them as in normal.

I pirated the game, bro.

Are you the guy who shilled his shitty fallout clone and got told to fuck off? I'm sorry your just looks like trash user, don't take it so hard.

Slugs would defeat the whole purpose of shotguns.

How the fuck do you deal with crawlers? Right now I just run away like a bitch.

pump shotguns are for accuracy. its not great cause your range is still 4 spaces optimum. but since you get stronger single shots at the cost of burst fire, you go long barrel and tactical grip and you can take something down at a moderate range. apparently shotgun chokes are bugged or something so im not sure if it actually improves accuracy. I really wish there were shotgun slugshots.

What is the health to psi rate of Hemopsychosis?

Attached: HMMMM.png (491x700, 557K)

of course dont get shot. this game has some harsh damage you can get slapped with, even with full metal armor. i feel like every psiless build should still get psi just for the 25 points for forcefield

Your current psi cost is simply taken from health instead.
>still no electrokinetic imprint on the image
>no regenerative vest to bypass alergy

>bear traps
>quick tinkering
>paranoia
This image is shit.

Bres, redpill me on sniper rifles. All I can see is two Aimed Shot feats and Snipe. And you probably don't even need aimed shot with Ambush and shit. I don't see how you can actually kill a dozen of enemies before getting buttraped when you can only shoot once/twice per turn even if you oneshot them.

Is STR more important or WIL?

f5, walk into room and then start spamming flares. Pop a guy out of stealth, kill him in one turn (or CC him until he dies), then run out of the room. Repeat until all are dead.

Crawlers suck.

Literally half of those are just outright untrue.

>Stealth
You cannot sneak past crawlers. If you enter their detection radius they see you. Maybe some late game 200 stealth character can, but definitely not early/mid game.
>Iron Gut/Thick Skull/Armor/Yell/Morphine Shot
The problem is not getting stunned by Stalkers/Crawlers. The problem is *stings u teleports across the map* bullshit. I am playing a Riot Shield character and crawlers often do no damage to me but they still use sting and then fly like Superman across the map.
>Flares/Flash Bangs/Taser/Molotovs/Traps
Yes, those are true but they all have a theme: They're about killing the Stalker/Crawler before it gets away (Or revealing it in the case of flares/molotovs). That is the entire strategy. You F5/F9 until you get the jump on one and kill it in one turn or CC it to death. If they sting you (regardless if it does any damage or stuns you) then you f9. That is it.

My issue with Crawlers/Stalkers is not their difficulty. I can kill them easily on my build on Hard. My problem is that fighting them is tedious, annoying, and boring because it is just F5/F9ing until you find their general location and kill them before they sting you.

>Bres, redpill me on sniper rifles.
They do big mechanical momma damage, they're the mechanical equivalent of Plasma guns, only with more range
>I don't see how you can actually kill a dozen of enemies before getting buttraped
Traps and caltrops.

Stealth/Snipers can spot and kill them.

How much do you get for selling jet skis? Is it worth it to take the reef glider all the way back to core city and sell it?

Depends if you're pure Sniper or Sniper/Something else.

Pure sniper will use a big, heavy AP sniper to one shot someone, then switch to a lighter/smaller sniper that can shoot 2-3 times (3 with drugs/TM) in one turn to pop the fuckers as they run at you. Very useful to abuse caltrops as well, to slow down enemies for more sniping time. They are very useful to be able to kill the one annoying fucker before the fight starts, especially because Snipers generally get stealth.

Snipers are also great support weapons for other weapon types. They pair great with ARs/Shotguns/Subs because they can be used to eliminate a target at the start and then be swapped out for the usual weapon (and pulled out again if there is someone at a range).

not getting memed is most important

whats wrong with good old caltrops? i always carry enough to carpet a map

It's worth it just because of how easy it is to do.

You can get up to like 50k with good mercantile. Fifty fucking thousand charons. Thats over 10 fucking sheets of super steel.

Does this seem good to you bre?

They're heavyyyy

Caltrops don't require tinkering to use in combat.

Missing Locus of Control

reef gliders specifically? i dont know. they dont have a sell price on the wiki. also, how do you sell jet skis? i always have to leave my main jetski in the middle of the ocean to get on another jetski

i meant why isnt it mentioned in the pic

Sounds like it's pretty great then

Pyrokinetic stream works too, if you cast it in their general direction they'll just walk into it, or at least walk into it while walking at you.

Can I take down the Silent Isle giant psi beetles with magnesium grenades on dominating?

I just realized that Ferryman has a randomized name. Or maybe he doesnt like me enough and wont tell his real name?

What is the name he told you?

Thomas Moore, and in another save he said Richard Clarke I think, didnt check another one

What the fuck, he told me Steve something.
THE NUMBERS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

>no exothermic aura

Nope, randomized. He doesn't want to talk about his background, it must be pretty damning, whoever he was.

He has been around long user. He knows about the Abyssal. he stares down there, looking at it every single time you spoke, before of the bigger things.

Nobody that is anybody in this setting talks of the higher eschelons of life and of its meaning, purpose or the transcendence of physical rules unless they are several, and I do mean several, hundreds of years old. This guy is either Biocorp or esentialy a Black Sea Old Jonas.

Or a retired Hank Wardell

Fuck off cunt, it's threads like this that make me check games I wouldn't have bothered otherwise, literally just pirated the game earlier to see what the fuss is about and probably going to buy it. Even if they were shills, shills for actual good fucking games aren't a problem

As far as I can tell, ballistic pistols seem to be centered around blasting out out as my special attack crits as they can per turn.

Does Ambush scale with effective stealth or base points?

how do i stop the ai allies from being sniped by crossbow tribemen? every time i walk away to defend the opposite flank, there are like 3 dead allies all dead clumped in one spot. the allies cant deal with the crossbow fuckers' range can they cant step off the upper ledge so they just sit there getting picked off by crits and poison. im just one man, i can defend everyone, especially suicidal yahota

He is Biocorp, that much should be obvious. You don't get to be this well-read in Underrail without being Biocorp, at least not around these parts. The question is which Biocorp. He dies a natural death a few years after Expedition, so it's possible that he wasn't lying about his age. That would make him New Biocorp. But then again Wit Nosek also dies a natural death right in front of you, so we have at least one example of life extension that only slows aging.

There is a rumor that he served in the Undernavy, and he admits being responsible for more deaths than you can count, so there could be something to it. Why did New Biocorp have an Undernavy when Old Biocorp already abolished it? Who knows. But I like this rumor anyway.

I've had this game somewhere on my steam wishlist for awhile.
I've noticed there was a relatively active community on Yea Forums despite it not getting that much buzz.
I think I'm gonna finally check it out soon.
From what I can tell this is like stalker where the game is good, but obtuse enough to keep idiots out of the community.

Probably. I did it mainly with burrower poisoned caltrops + gasoline molotovs.

could i have joined the pirates or natives or the mutants?im seeing alot of unique named characters on my expedition kill list

From which side?

You can only "join" the pirates.

Pirates yes, natives and mutants no, though you can be on good terms with the latter.

at least one (some?) of the developers posts in here regularly. the rest of us are just autistically obsessed, plus the DLC and update were huge.

welp, that explains why there was a town of unique named corpses during my rescue prof mission

I thought one lurks but doesn't post, and the others know we exist but don't give it much thought.

Killed the rathound chumps on the to the right first and then prepped both sides with caltops. At least 1 of the goliaths is gonna try to backdoor and if they get the group buff, they can drop you quick as fuck from a mile away. Doubly so if you're a psi character that can get psi-interrupted.

The main goal is to kill as many of them as you can while slowing their progress as much as you can. I'd take some flash bangs with you too as they can buy you a lot of time. Toxic gas grenades ontop of your caltrops too can make the goliaths fail.

If your build is still struggling, I was able to grab the package and the rubble oddity too on my knifefag with 70 effective stealth.

>spend 2 hours planning out 3 new builds
>go play a different game
Why do I keep doing this?

i can use some advice. how do i craft a decent suit of metal armor? Im on hard mode and crossbow bolts and snipers can still kill me outright. i made a suit of 4 super steel and 1 regen vest. is that metal armor territory or shield territory? Im not even gonna mention the one shots from those tribal fucker acid blobs

The way I see it, its likely that Nu Biocorp just wanted to try and flop its big dick on everyone, which yknow, is really the best way to affirm yourself politicaly as a force, and totes not just taunting every single large opposition you can. Old Bio can be summed up as the old guard that knew what the fuck they were doing, New is just a pair of idiots trying to emulate a ideology and a haven thats not impossible to do, but fuck is it hard if you are a moron.

Which bio? Has to be nu. Old dudes are still rocking it out with cocks out fine and dandy, from Anton to good old Dude, and they arent weakened in the slightest, so its likely implied that Nu Bio has shittier gene therapy. Wit is a special case I dont consider much of anything because his entire quest is based on him being not only a isolated mad genius schizo thats been locked in an attic for atleast a few decades but also meant to be inconclusive by design.

He is a big dicked motherfucker who went melee agaisnt a giant on a feeling. He is old, older than most, able to speak of actual philosophy. He is friendly to all, or atleast passive enough to trade. Bets on a Devastator driver for the Navy who saw the fucking Shadowlith.

oh I dunno. maybe someone was playing pretend but I've gotten the impression of participation from a dev based on certain posts/responses and answers to questions. either way, the game gives plenty to talk about

I don't have gas grenades, I just got done with Depot A though.

so once again
pickpocketing on dominating
yay or nay

Supersteel needs to be of top quality to be able to reach 95% mech resist. That's endgame Mechanics levels, pretty much irrelevant.

You can do it without them. They're just a very useful luxury.

If you're done with Depot A, then just come back later with a shield emitter and higher quality gear and you can cream them normally.

Why not, esp if you play firearms

well shit, whats top quality? i was working with 100 quality super steel and im at like 50% mech resist. also, is regen a good vest? i love the healing it gives but i want to abuse cryogas

Well, I think I've killed all the normal beetles on the isle. I've got, like, three more of these fuckers to cheese and punch to death.

bare hands' extremely low ap is far more useful on dominating than i expected it'd be despite its damage

Attached: 20190829184811_1.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

I believe it's just a flavor skill with minor loot bonus, like lockpicking and hacking. I will always skip all three of these on any playthrough after my first, unless I have low Str for vents.
160 is top, it adds up to some retarded number with 4 plates. Regen vest is great. Cryogas is useless.

metal armor vs riot shield. whats better?

Good job m8. Dominating Silent Isle is a fucking pain with melee.

i guess. Im mostly using cryogas cause i cant land a decent supply of toxic waste/gas grenades yet. i love spamming a area with gas grenades and walking around with a gas mask

Metal armor.

Redpill me on the Vile Weaponry perk because a 10% increase in damage that stacks 3 times whenever you bleed an ememy sounds really good, yet I never see it mentioned in any builds.

It works well when stacked with other damage multipliers. Especially when they're with damage multiplying attacks.

for the domfags laughing, i'm clearing it with this build right now, one molotov at a time

Attached: Nikolai.png (1846x1124, 1.52M)

I like it. I find it to be just about as useful as lockpicking or hacking ultimately. It's not gonna make or break you but it's useful to have.

Lets assume you are doing a Taste of Blood dagger/fist build.

So, you get max stacks easy lategame. taste is 50% extra damage when fully stacked, which is respectable. Add in vile, very easy to proc, 30% extra damage and 75% reduced healing.

What this means is, assuming you deal 10 damage per attack, you now deal 15 base, then extra 30% damage to that guy, totaling about 20 damage per attack. If you have a high dex, that means your multiple attacks will fuck em up hard, their healing will be cucked, your crits will be even more effective and you just nicely boosted yourself.

traps and stealth. if stealth is high enough, you can see them approach you
if you know theres one in a room, lay traps and wait, the fuckers will step on them

What is the point of crafting weapon when the best weapons are the unique ones?

>I've gotten the impression of participation from a dev based on certain posts/responses and answers to questions
Got a link to some? I'm curious.

You're the only one left! Let's go you psionic insect piece of shit!

Attached: 20190829190725_1.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

Nigga u serious? The only good unique is weeb sword

>the best weapons are the unique ones?
And Ezra is an honest fellow with nothing to hide, right?

Oh no user....you posted cringe.
Yes certain uniques are pretty good, but you can always craft something better if you have the right parts.

Ah, and that's the last of them.

the smell of victory is that of burning gasoline, magnesium, and insectoid flesh

Attached: 20190829190801_1.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

How's this for an energy/chemical pistol build?

Attached: 767ae9a4fbe7edc7bf73cc5a65471eab.png (958x933, 80K)

just a few are better than crafted ones (power fist for example, the CAU armor is quite good for chem builds, etc). most are just ok but severely underwhelming when compared to late game crafted weapons.

Hahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious.

Let me laugh even harder; HAHAHAHAHA!

Shit
Didnt we tell you about dumping stats

what about this

Attached: 48bf743e13d083c7d19c5e27af5c989c.png (467x236, 9K)

So how are the expansion leathers? I got 159 quality super steel fiber and a selection of different ones. Bison looks really lucrative and together with infusion bonus it'd increase my max HP by about 100, though the threshold doesn't look very good. Sea Wyrm on the other hand has ridiculous threshold, while Heartbreaker gives a nifty initiative bonus and bio resistance for my gasnade fuckery. Sword user by the way.

Maybe early on, but later they're just specialist gear like protectorate marine armor giving increased jetski stability or the bandana increasing crit chance (including melee unlike goggles) and Brutality feat proc chance. Only ridiculous one is the Sormirbaeren Spirit Staff because no other weapons than the two expansion spears confer psi bonuses to my memory. Like what the fuck Styg, as if psi wasn't powerful enough already.

What non-crafted weapons are even worthwhile aside from the power fist, fedora sword, and psi stat sticks?

Post Tin Cans

Attached: 20190829231739_1.jpg (1024x768, 219K)

Theres no point in having 4 con, dump it or raise it
You want more dex or per or both
Why do you have 7 Will if it's a chem/energy pistol build?
Also you put some feats that only works with firearms

Fursuit is always useful midgame

Perfect. Ignore . Don't forget expertise.

Attached: 1445830064500.jpg (600x450, 237K)

No, just what I've read while lurking. It's not a big deal and I'm probably wrong anyway.

APEX HARDCORE

-items sold are worth 10% their regular price
-carrying capacity reduced by 50%
-grenade cooldowns are increased by 1 turn
-high efficieny energy converters nerfed to regenerating x% of energy lost to damage, at y% per round
-toxic gas simply deals bio damage each round/if moved through; no damage multiplication
-using psi abilities from 1 school will increase the action point cost of psi abilities from other schools
-forcefield functions as an energy shield against ranged attacks and has a certain amount of hp against melee attacks before failing (dependent on skill)
-all npc's have 30% greater detection & trap detection (bosses have 50% greater)
-bear traps dont function if they deal no damage, stronger enemies have shorter durations, and spotted traps use your traps skill vs their dodge
-some enemies (typically knife-users) will have black dragon throwing knives/crossbow bolts, and such traps can also be found
-trap location and type is somewhat random
-enemy placement is somewhat random
-npc's that spot traps or corpses will turn orange and search the map
-if spotted, all hostile npc's on that map will never turn back to green; yellow minimum
-npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
-most hostile npc's, if they can't attack you on their current turn, will instead head for cover or distance
-if you are seen entering stealth in a controlled or partially controlled map, npc's will turn hostile

Attached: doggos.png (212x184, 54K)

Attached: 1521016282879.png (252x196, 27K)

I dont know i am playing as a sniper. Is the Dragunov really bad compared to others?

Its time to draw the smoke

Attached: draw the smoke.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

What's the better early game explosive, Frag or HE?

Dragunov is actually really really good before you get a rapid reloaded spearhead.

Siphoner Jumpsuit + Sniper Rifle makes you look like a skinny dweeb

Attached: yeah i skip leg day.jpg (870x965, 79K)

What are good crafting skills for a psi build?

Siphoner Man???

Get in motion, jack.

bres...

Attached: bres.png (1920x1080, 421K)

Molotov

Siphoner man, take my by hand, lead me to the Flotsum land~

>He is a big dicked motherfucker who went melee agaisnt a giant on a feeling
Holy shit are you retarded? The shard compelled him to.

higher level crafted gear is usually better than the uniques. i actually hate that and wish there was a unique upgrade system. uniques are mostly for craftless runs

Holy shit I also started a Hoplite character named 'Marcus Aurelius'
Favorite Stoic?

Epictetus

Go home, Marcus, you're high.

Intresting, how's his reading compared to Seneca and Marcus Aurelius?

>bought the game years ago, forgot about it, never started

>found out the expansion came out, guess I'll buy it and finally play

>Normal/Oddity
>slam all my skillpoints into psi shit and biology hacking and lockpicking
>autistically explore the base get all the psi powers i could, found a sidequest already at the bar
>go grab the package and begin to leave the station
>jumped by 3 bandits with no dialogue option of escaping the encounter
>cant run past because 2 are ranged and actually hit so fucking hard
>cant fight
>cant enter the station and wait for them to leave
guess ill make a new character and not talk to that asshole in the bar

Attached: 1558451192011.png (377x466, 89K)

Looks like a Latex suit

Literally just throw a molotov cocktail at them

depends on what you want

I dont have the riot gear feats, but I do wear riot gear a lot of the time. I go with a sturdy vest, laminated panel, psi shield, and black cloth; lowest penalty, misc bonuses. I'm 3 con psi, so the hp bonus is significant, the psi bonus is nice, and I can still stealth in this armor. Getting to block some damage now and then is nice but not the point.

Sturdy or regen are the best in general.
Super steel sheet, tungsten shield, blast or antithermic cloth.
Do you care about armor penalty? Cuz you're going to have a hefty one.

>trap location and type is somewhat random
>enemy placement is somewhat random
How do you imagine these?

>npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
Isn't this the exact same AI problem Styg specifically said can't be easily fixed about Force Field and half of the reason why he wants FF changed?

>if you are seen entering stealth in a controlled or partially controlled map, npc's will turn hostile
Gray Army base had this mechanic, but what would be the purpose of adding it to all controlled/partially controlled maps?

Who else tries to do the Black Eeel gang shootout before moving on with the main quest?

It feels like the best time to do it while it's still challenging and you're not fully a demigod yet.

Also make sure you do the other quests before going there. You gotta talk to Tanner, clear out the outposts, do the hopper quest and then you'll be tasked with going that way. Also just throw a moltov at them before they talk to you. It may take a few tries but they're really easy.

i havent tried sniper builds, but ive played the game since the early days and even then, the dragunov was consider top tier. prob, liek the other user said, it could get surpassed by crafted with top tier materials, but still, it will carry you most likely

>Buy bear traps, lure them into it, win
>Throw caltrops on the ground, wave hands at them then move out of range while they can barely move
>Buy/Craft molotov cocktails, set them on on fire, wave hands at them until they are dead
>Buy/Craft grenade, throw it at them, keep walking
Et cetera. You have a TON of options.

NO, 7 int, per 10, Dex MAX. Fuck everything else

>literaly has molotovs, grenades, caltrops, mines, bear traps and everything else he could ever really want or need
>insists on not using it because ???
>gets dunked as a level 1 babby psion thats doing a quest beyond his level
I mean aight mister anime poster, you fucking do you. Just learn what you are meant to do fuckboi.

Attached: 1558564239498.jpg (780x846, 107K)

why is it that whenever things are happening where you can't see them it lags the game the most
shouldn't it be the opposite
I threw a grenade at two dudes and closed a door and I literally couldn't walk while out of combat because everybody in the area was moving around

>everyone freaks out about burrowers in the story
>crawlers are much, much worse and are more common

why is this

with psy that fight is shit easy. invest in pk and zap those fuckers
when i got to that part i wasnt overleveled but the fight was still pretty easy. flashbang and a tier IV nade and they are gone.

I always do it before Depot A. There is a great chance you can get yourself a shield emitter when a Protector dies during the fight.

I never understood that either. Literally any low freq sheild negates them entirely. They don't seem to be afraid of the creepy crawly that waits in ambush for you, stings you, then kills you while paralyzed when all you can do is watch and wait for the killing blow. Fuck man, I'd be terrified of crawlers.

Burrowers are in places that matter. Crawlers are in the shitpiles and hidden nooks nobody with a right mind would be in, which is exactly why you find them and most dont.

A combination of burrowers reproducing like crazy, crawlers leaving no suvivors, and gameplay liberties. Same reason you can somehow break guns down into repair kits with just your dick.

Is there a way to speed up the out of combat movespeed besides sprint (which is on a fucking retarded cooldown)

It's fucking annoying
The worse is trying to bait the lunatics in the mall with a nade, you can only move by entering combat mode

Is there a way to speed up the out of combat movespeed besides sprint (which is on a fucking retarded cooldown) and is a sneaky grenade lobbing character viable for a first playthrough or are throwing weapons too expensive to be main combat skill viable?

crawlers often are found at the lower caves or at abandoned posts. burowers actually invade the upper caves and the south stations. its a completely different problem. i dont give a shit about scorpions in the sewer but id be furious if my house had roaches, you get it?

that is exactly what i was doing

crawlers often are found at the lower caves or at abandoned posts. burowers actually invade the upper caves and the south stations. its a completely different problem. i dont give a shit about scorpions in the sewer but id be furious if my house had roaches, you get it?

There's hotkeys to speed up game time if that's what you mean, it's should be the numpad + and - buttons. Other than that, pick up movespeed footwear I guess.

++++++

Num+ - adjust the game speed between 2x and 5x, it's a DLC thing and it's bloody fucking amazing, thank you again for this, Styg

+/-
Throwing only is the weakest build, dont do it

switch it for sure step or something if you are gonna abuse caltrops and acid puddles but metal boots/mutant dog leather tabi can deal with them respectively. also, try to get some points into psychokinesis for force field. you only need 25 points after bonuses to learn it i think.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-29 Rapid Fire - Underrail Wiki.png (855x70, 4K)

I always do it before Depot A. There is a great chance you can get yourself a shield emitter when a Protector dies during the fight.

Testing
Anyone else having trouble posting?

yeah, its fucking irritating especially after just finding an active underrail thread

>Throwing only is the weakest build, dont do it
damn
Stealth melee throwing with traps maybe?

Attached: dynamite.png (492x692, 649K)

Yes, I do, many people do in fact, there is a thread on /qa/ about that
Fucking Hiromoot

even with spirit poisons and the expedition poisons?

Just started playing yesterday, why didn't you guys mention how much atmosphere this has? You guys suck at hyping up games.

>How do you imagine these?
traps would simply be in different squares, and the type might change, so if there's an HE mine in this particular square in one area, there might instead be a frag mine or an acidblob trap a few squares away instead

with enemies it means instead of an ironhead gunner here, you might have an ironhead bomber there, or a couple dobermans, or a new turret
I'd say maybe half of enemies should be static so you dont get some nonsensical randomized mess in certain places.

>AI problem
no idea
doesnt seem like it'd be hard though
>cant get to enemy to make attack this turn
>so I'll avoid the hurties

>what would be the purpose
no cheesing
It'd be fine if it was guards only, not random commoners or dogs or whatever.

Almost like we're just a bunch of random anons and not a bunch of shills.

You get called a shill when you say 'this game is good, you should try it'
But it seems you're not allowed to play nor discuss videogames on Yea Forums, so whatever

Yeah could work, there are some feats that work for both throwing and regular knives

Should I get Mykola to fix the Tunneler, or do it myself? I know he joins the Zone Rats if you get him to do it, but does it matter? 2k is a lot of Charons.

Don't get it twisted. You can and should throw as many grenades, molotovs, caltrops, gas grenades, nets, and anything else that you can. You just cannot make throwing your primary skill as grenades have a cool down. You can put enough points into throwing to get the grenade related feats, but your primary damage should be something else.

Attached: 1552042743007.jpg (1073x1041, 186K)

I love how the Canine allowed itself to be chipped because it was burning with such a strong desire to torch some savages. Imagine how good it must have felt when it got itself lodged in the giant snekman's left testicle, only to then be left behind for decades with nothing but snekman ghosts as company. By the time you find it, it must have been very desperate to get activated.

also traps/enemies sometimes being in areas that didnt normally have them would be nice

hows this?

Attached: shit or nah.png (939x785, 74K)

Do it yourself, unlike Dan or Gorsky, he has no metal armor, and unlike Sneaky, he can dodge for shit.

Do it yourself.

THROWING KNAIFU!

whats the deal with the gigasnownigger anyway?
was he infused with snakesatan magic or what?

I'd drop Per for something else but sounds good

Post your attributes

>he doesnt throw knives

If you're using melee you can put Perception at 3. You'll run into quite a few traps until you get yourself some detection goggles/detection food but perception is not useful at all for melee.

I'd probably get Sprint if you're melee, it is a life saver.

Ignore the bonus agility, I'm just looting with my infused cave hopper leather and armor

Attached: 20190830000935_1.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

you'll likely want biology for poisons eventually if you are gonna go for throwing knives

Sorry, we forgot to add that to the script.

Only 3 INT? How do you craft anything?

i must have misunderstood the ingame tooltips, perception does nothing for throwing?
shit, maybe ill drop persuasion then
aaaa

He was the mightiest Skerder, one of the transcended warriors who drink the Flottsormir Kool Aid to slowly transform into sneks, the snekborn ever had. The Ferryman found them during the ritual where he was going to lose his limbs, so he was very close to the end of the transformation.

By keeping mechanics at maximum every level
By rushing the workbenches
By using Under Pies
By getting Hyper Cerebrix

It's not a real deal, just a slight annoyance

that no int means no expose weakness tho.

but how was he 10ft tall?
and why did the shard go out of its way to kill him?

I would like an answer to why the basic psi enemy in deep caverns could do 400 damage to me in one turn

Given the fact that psi penetrates shields and can't be resisted why the fuck can one basic bitch enemy put me on deaths door
Where is the balance.
Why do guns not hit for 100 percent when psi does?
Beat the game with an ar psi hybrid on normal ask me anything.

>Big dick hammer damage with super slam and 15 damage
>Big dick proxy punch combo with implosion
Yeah I can live without it

Are thrown weapons or traps considered for the feat hit and run?
Debating burglar or hit and run for my starting feat

Don't think so

we're with you, bro

Attached: psi nerfs.png (865x394, 73K)

>blah blah 3-4 spells per round if I can hardly shoot a decent pistol that often
I literally started playing an hour ago, doesn't dex lower pistol AP costs low enough so much that you can probably hit 1 ap cost per shot?

what's with the eight will, dog?

Two psi castings are all a psi can really do without premediation or the TM psi adrenaline thing.

This is entirely bullshit.

I'm simply a silly man
Hammer wizard build

Attached: 20190828005029_1.jpg (1024x768, 249K)

t. psiDF

Burrowers form colonies and breed really fast
Crawlers just kill a person occasionally
Burrowers are a much bigger problem for established communities while Crawlers are a nightmare for lone murderhobos.

I played a pure throwing build through most of the lower underrail and quit at the start of the black black sea due to dissatisfaction with my build choices. Wasn't that bad and the grenade crits were outrageous. Throwing knives weren't amazing but with split pare and fatal throw they got the job done.

I'd be impressed if that was done without implosion.

Seriously, bre, why the eight will? I thought 7 was all you needed for your meme build.

>traps and enemies
So kinda like in the gang random encounters and the warehouse/beach defenses. Fixed numbers and locations for the enemies, but random where it doesn't matter. I don't know if that would be an improvement over hand placing, but sounds alright. Random traps too, although randomizing might actually make them easier to avoid because right now they are carefully placed with maximum dickishness in mind.

>AI
It was on the screenshot you posted, but I haven't saved it. I don'T remember his exact words though, so it might have been something else.

>no cheesing
Yeah, but what cheesing? I can think of some things that this would make more difficult, but not that many. Basically this would cockblock some stealth solutions to missions, like planting the bug or stealthing the prison, because they have true sight cameras and turrets everywhere, but these are not cheesing. Maybe I'm tired but I'm not following.

>meme build
You'd be surprised by a lot of things if you were not retarded, Nikolai

Bullshit you will be using that TM spell and adrenaline anyways

I personally have no problem with the number of casts per turn, I only have issues with the fact that psi will always hit you, and despite my 7 will I don't remember once resisting any psi effect throughout the entire game

Also you can just be nuked through shields, this is probably balance if you go psi against 20 enemies but is complete bullshit if you are on the receiving end

It will forever be a meme build man. There is no real synergy between sledges and psychokinesis except for damage from strength. Psi monk would be better but Psi monks are a worse meme and a blight upon puncher builds.

>Point shot crit for 311 damage
>Aimed shot crit for 87 damage
44 hammerers are so fucking dumb

if you can't see the obvious synergy with heavy sledges and psychokinesis, you aren't worth arguing with

>There is no real synergy between sledges and psychokinesis except for damage from strength.
And this is why nobody will take you seriously.
You're a lost case.

>It was on the screenshot you posted, but I haven't saved it. I don'T remember his exact words though, so it might have been something else.
I saw it, I just don't get the problem. Other games can do that shit.

>Yeah, but what cheesing?
You don't think getting seen sneaking around the embassy in ninja gear isn't cheesing?

>Bullshit you will be using that TM spell and adrenaline anyways
not if you're saving them like anyone should to precious resources
>I personally have no problem with the number of casts per turn, I only have issues with the fact that psi will always hit you, and despite my 7 will I don't remember once resisting any psi effect throughout the entire game
Your will is entirely too low. Like CON, it needs to be high in order to resist psionic effects like CON does to stun and incapacitation. Have both and you'll be pretty much immune to most effects.
>Also you can just be nuked through shields, this is probably balance if you go psi against 20 enemies but is complete bullshit if you are on the receiving end
And? It's the same with crossbows, most ranged animal attacks, and melee attacks. Psi doesn't have any reason to be resisted by shields either.

>25 points after bonuses
its 25 before

Is 7 not high enough, I needed 12 right, how is that balanced

Every other attack is effected by armor to the point of being almost a non issue, yet even with investment in will, to 7, the most basic enemy in deep caverns did 400 damage to me in one turn, how is that balanced, it simply isnt

Lucky genetics and extremely good compatibility with the Kool Aid? I don't know, it isn't explained.

>and why did the shard go out of its way to kill him?
Probably because they were channeling Flottsormir for the ritual or something. Either that, or the shard wanted to get Yngwar's attention. Yngwar has some special connection to the Canine, not even you see its and the shard's aura glowing like he does. He could see the aura since his childhood, long before he began drinking the Kool Aid himself.

Oh for fuck's sake, the bonus damage from strength both get from the stat isn't worth investing a lot in psychokinesis. It has added utility, I'll give it that, but it's schizophrenic as fuck. Crossbow psychokinesis has more synergy, pistol psychokinesis, sniper psychokinesis, and psi monks too, obviously. If you took more throwing feats, you'd probably have the same amount of utility as you did with psychokinesis, although you can't double implosion with it.

Like tincan spear, tincan shottie, and tincan sniper, it's just so unnecessary.

Did he cast breakdown on you? Were you playing on dominating or something?

If either, you should've known you were going to get destroyed.

>You don't think getting seen sneaking around the embassy in ninja gear isn't cheesing?
Nah man, that's totally legit.
Yeah, of course it doesn't make sense that they don't even bat an eye. But on the other hand I don't think removing the stealth option there is a good thing for the quest. If it's the low stealth requirement that bothers you, another NPC in the room with higher detection would be a better way to solve it.

Normal, the point is why is one enemy allowed to do 95 percent of my health with no counterplay, yet every other enemy in the game I can use armor and shields to counter it

you can just wait until the guards are out of sight then go into the dark side room and do it
I think you need lockpicking, but so what

Isnt it possible to resist mental breakdown with high enough will?

Not him, but yes.
Also Bullhead pill.
And Locst of Control.

W-wait I didn't destroy anything don't do something stupid

Attached: nice script but no.jpg (1333x745, 106K)

Maybe I wouldn't know as 7 wasn't enough, so you probably need 10 plus

Still everything else can be countered by armor and shields

We need psionic beetle leather or some kind of craftable carapace armor you could make from crawler, burrower, or psi beetle. A shame stygg never thought of that with all the other armor types. Think it'd be a better medium armor than riot gear.

>Normal

...so this is what it's like to be on the other side

w-where are you in that pic

Uh, don't you see me? Bottom right?

NAGA'D
Grim's office is buggy as fuck.

My build could have beaten hard, cheese is the name of the game, tin foil hats when, mental damage reduced by 50 percent

whats a good sheild recipe for med shields? thats the one for crossbow bolts right?

I don't know what to tell you then. Either icrease your will somehow, win initiative on them, or bait them around corners where they cannot move and attack in the same turn. I had to do that on hard because one getting to attack on a 3 will character like I was playing means death 100% of the time. If you are out in the open stun them any way you can or just run.

>tin foil hats when
see, we already have them, they just dont function

Attached: no mindrape pls.png (284x52, 5K)

Pretty damn good. Ancient Rathounds not so tough since being introduced to napalm.

Attached: rathound leather.jpg (1920x1080, 521K)

10% heat resistance, wooooooow

at least blast balaclava can make you practically immune to explosions

Crossbow projectile is low speed.

this makes me realize I fucked myself out of a perfect show-off fight

I'd love to take on the grimm, cruz, and razor in that small room with my machete build. But they're all dead now.

Yea I dealt with it and beat the game it's just kind of questionable to balance a common enemy to do 95 percent of your health in 1 turn even on normal

And I invested in will with some hope it might help me

>but so what
I don't believe in cutting existing options from quests, period. And in this case I don't what else this would be good for, so it doesn't feel like collateral damage for a change that's for the better either.

It's not that I'm completely against your idea, I just don't find your case for it convincing.

I'm impressed. I've always just stealthed or waited patiently to sneak in for the payload

Tried to get into the game but couldn't. Maybe just not in the mood for the type of game right now.
The beginning just isn't doing it for me, but I probabaly just need to barrel though it to get to the worthwhile shit.
Don't have the willpower right now though
Have fun bros

Fuck jetskis honestly
Who the fuck thought this much RNG was a good idea

just ignore him

>muh balance
I hate this shit, deleting enemies from the shadows with snipe or crits is alright but when the same happens to you it's like wooaah broken game. You're not ironmaning. You have a load function. If there's no way to negate psi damage then maybe kill the psiker first turn.
Since when does balance mean the entire game's supposed to be a tutorial level where nothing can hurt you?

oh, thats even better. im in melee range alot

is pickpocket a meme?

I think most people here will say that it took them a few tries to actually get into the game. It is very rough start that gets really enjoyable once you get a feel for the game.

Snipers can miss and heavy armor and mechanical resistances exist, as well as energy shields

Where is the mental psi resist, oh I needed 14 points in it to still die from it

well I could argue, but it seems its a matter of opinion to you

Anyway, APEX HARDCORE, like DOMINATING or any other difficulty, would be optional

is there anything significant in the talloski manor or is just some place for you to sneak into?

Important is debatable, but something of significance, yes.

>he doesn't know

There's usually only one psiker in a group of thugs and most of the time they'll swing spells that you can actually resist. Apart from psi beetles there's only a few encounters that throw that kinda stuff at you, otherwise you can resist 90% of shit from 95% of enemies. That's not that bad.

well whatever it is i went an killed the old man that was up here probably should have tried to talk to him first instead of just stabbing him to death. he could have given me anything

Attached: 20190829232906_1.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Also based on the fact this is a basic fodder enemy that is pure psi, how does it ever win initiative when I have 7 dex and 7 agility, based on the fact he can nuke me through shields and armor even with 7 will

That isn't balanced

>Just realized that infused ancient rathound are only for fists/unarmed

Dammit.

I didn't actually have 14 will

...HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I genuinely don't understand how people like you exist.

Where can I find the pacifier?

It's good for the first half or so for acquiring oddities and necessities (ammo, medicine, etc.) but it's not worth maxing.

If you mean boots, pretty much. The armor is fucking great either way.

>Murderhobos

Attached: 1565702907655.jpg (449x335, 19K)

Somewhere in the depths

murderhoboing is fun

besides i made a save before sneaking in here

Attached: 20190829233659_1.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

When every fag wants to give you a poison potion, or do something generally fucked up murder is the solution

So, I saw that there is a bandana that increases critical strike chance. I know it is in the expedition. Do I need to join any particular faction to get it? Or can I regardless of what I choose?

I don't care what anyone says. Firearm pistols are fun as fuck.

Nope there are alternative ways to get it, I think the only way to get it is a final solution if you catch my drift, but I've only played through expedition once

Named pirate has it, gotta kill him to get it

extremely glad I waited to start this

bought it forever ago but never started it, then i saw that the expansion was out and had 5x speed

hope my melee stealth character survives oddity
how much is too much really? I have 20 so far

dunno if troll but he is quite a piece of lore

So I gotta join Aegis to get the bandana? I am not really sure which I wanted to join yet. Honestly I am not sure what helmet I really want to use on my Sword + Shield character. Balaclavas are useless (I guess I could get a blast cloth one) and metal helmets give me too much armor penalty I feel like. Maybe a high tier super steel one is worth using, not sure.

Goddammit, I don't know what to pick. I chose heavy punch instead of nimble 'cause I knew I'd need it way sooner on dominating but I can't decide here. Flat 20% increase is nice, 50% from taste for blood is way better, vile weaponry's 30% is inferior right now, pretty sure I can't crit for shit to proc bone breaker on dominating without cheap shots, and while wrestling's 15% bonus from opportunist is meager, it's tackled effect is pretty great on single targets.

Taste for blood is probably for the best though.

Attached: 20190829214831_1.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

if you're not worried about stealth or psi, a shaded supersteel helmet is probably best

with soft padding and armor sloping the penalty isnt much

Attached: helmet.png (392x729, 202K)

turns out he's the guy that azif told me to look for lol

Attached: 20190829235336_1.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Hmm... 17% is acceptable. Thanks, user. The only Psi I use is TM.

Where do I get shaded visors? I don't know if I have seen any. Is it just random vendors and look out for one?

thats with galvanic foam and no armor sloping; I think you can get down to 9%

shaded visors are found with engineer merchants and in random loot
junkyard is a good place to look
they're green with dark lenses

>first playthrough
>stumble upon a guy with 2 rats
>he tells me to fuck off
>playing stealthy thiefcunt
>steal his bolts then try one last time to get him to leave
>drops a crossbow
im guessing taking all his ammo made the fight easier? im liking the game so far, not sure how far im taking pickpocketing though

b-but how? do i have to kill ditch?

I appreciate your input user.

but you might want to consider wearing a muffled temp psi distortion-filter headband

hat of choice is the armored gas mask with how much i abuse gas grenades

Attached: gas helm.png (551x689, 180K)

Draw a smoke, bre...

might be a retarded question but is there a way to always show the tab/z tooltip view as a toggle rather than as a hold? Cant seem to see a setting

I've been using pickpocket on dominating like that user suggested. So far, it's been far more useful that hacking or lockpicking. By the time you get around 30 effective skill, you can stroll on done to junkyard and start swiping 30 rounds of various ammo types from the thugs there, plus they have adrenaline, hypos, and oddities you can still with a little more skill as well. Definitely something to consider if you're playing on dominating and want a bit of a boost to grind through the start of the game. Almost certainly more useful on oddity mode than with xp as well. Pickpocket essentially makes everyone a walking chest you can "unlock" and choose a single item from every once in a while.

yes

stick a piece of paper in your tab key for toggle mode

what do i do with my House? any benefit or is it just cosmetics?

You can put workbenches in the basement that give a boost to crafting, and you can stick the beasts head on the wall. Aside from that, it's a moneysink

shotgun's biggest weakest? cant sawed-off it and use it with riot shield

Yeah, it's a neat trick. Crossbow guys keep their ammo in their inventory instead of loading it because, well, it's a bow. So if you pickpocket their bolts then they can't do jack but try to punch you or pull out a knife that they have no feats for.

It's sometimes useful for people that rely on burst fire too since they empty their magazine quickly. For everyone else, it rarely maters since they'll typically die or kill you before they need to reload.

can you open the acorn?

Do you know where to find its one-of-a-kind code from a corporation that's been dead for 260 years?

some of this shit's pretty pricey. guess ill need to up my mercantile now

probably somewhere in my house since i'm a fanatical hoarder

>want this recipe because I can't craft any boots
>doesn't sell it
>can't steal it with 30~ stealth
fug

Attached: tabi boots.png (1424x421, 486K)

That feeling when you sell priceless 3d printer to samurai man, that feeling when no fucks to give about anyone else and only make decisions for my personal benefit

Interloper is the most important perk for any stealth build.

alright I spent every credit i had getting some armor with +stealth and I have 58 stealth and I still can't jack his shit

Attached: 1562926194283.png (550x575, 15K)

Dont bother you wont get it

is it just bait then? I can almost lockpick the lockers too but if it's impossible to stealth I'll stop checking every level

just get it from Blaine

mercantile a meme skill?

It gives you guaranteed access to high quality crafting mats and some important blueprints like plasma grenades

Ghostnigger leave

how viable is crafting all your gear? not sure how high i need to be getting my tech up to when im using 3 of them, tailoring biology(poison) and mechanics (knives)

Assuming that all parts are of level 160 quality, this is the effective crafting skill required.

ass: mech 153
flash: mech 5, chem 40
energy shield: elec 166
grenade V: mech 10, chem 112
leather armor: tail 128
leather armor w/ pad: tail 141
leather armor w/ coat: tail 141
leather armor w/ pad/coat: tail 154
leather boots: tail 128
leather striders: tail 128, mech 141
magn grenade: chem 40, tail 10
machete: mech 128
machete w/ energy: mech 128, elec 176
machete w/ taser: mech 128, elec 154
metal armor w/ 4 plates: mech 167, tail 128
metal armor w/ 4 plates/regen: mech 167, tail 128, elec 83, bio 83
metal helm: mech 128, tail 128
metal striders: mech 141, tail 128
napalm: chem 60, tail 10
sarah michelle gellar: mech 128
shot: mech 128
psi head: elec 128, bio 44
seeker gogs: mech 76, elec 128
seeker nvg: mech 76, elec 145
shotgun: mech 128
shotgun, combat: mech 153
ski mask: tail 128
smart gogs: mech 51, elec 147
smart nvg: mech 51, elec 164
sniper: mech 153
sniper w/ anat: mech 153, elec 25
sniper w/ smart: mech 153, elec 128
spear: mech 128
spear w/ energy: mech 128, elect 176
spear w/ taser: mech 128, elec 156
tabi: tail 128
tac: tail 128, mech 96
tac w: ssteel: tail 128, mech 128
tac w/ coat: tail 141, mech 96
tac w/ psi: tail 128, mech 96, bio 32
tac w/ coat/psi: tail 141, mech 96, bio 32

Again, all equipment was made with quality 160 parts for reference. Don't forget, you can get a +15% to crafting skills with crafting benches in your house. Some parts don't go that high, like leather, or psi carapaces only going to 100~. So you'll need way less skill points invested

can i repair this champ? I dont want to lose him

Attached: naga brotector.png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

genocide
do it now

I feel like I understand early american settlers now. There really is a satisfying pleasure deep inside when you chase down fleeing indigenous native women.

>first playthrough normal/oddity
>went melee/stealth/throwing
>all these bleed/psn perks
please tell me they arent a meme, they seem really good

They're not a meme.

Underrail really missed shotguns initially and I was very happy when the expansion finally added them.
Now I realize they have crap range and I really don't know how to go about them. Is it a tin can build? But then how do I close the gap between me and ar/crossbow/sniper users? Or do I go tac vest high mobility with boot springs and all? Or do I invest in just enough stealth to sneak within range? If so, what's my starting ability? none of them get any bonuses out of stealth.

>Vivian out of nowhere
WHAT THE FUCK?
Waifu out of nowhere

Attached: 1501949681753.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

>fetid marsh
im not gonna like this place am i?

What stats do I look for in armors?
Stuff like +100% increased DR/DT?

Yea Forums has shit taste

and you must make up a sizable fraction of that shit taste

im playing high agi, dodge/evasion
hit and run, sprint
so the point is to shoot them in the face and run away

the huxkey is supposed to be an omnitool right?
Why can't i actually open ventilation shafts with it?

nvm im a brainlet you need to right click it

How the fuck do I kill this nigga? every time I manage to land enough shots to get him low he just heals to full and then one shots me with his crossbow

Attached: thekid1.png (1282x986, 1018K)

with a grenade

I just ran back and to the other door, if I remember correctly there's a grate you can shoot through so you don't have to deal with the dogs/rats. if I did it so can you.

For a Shield + Sword character, which faction in Core City is best to join? I know JKK has riot gear, but Coretech has useful items for shields.

run back to the explosive barrel, then shoot it as he gets close. to prevent the rathounds from getting too close too fast, you can toss a flare to panic them for a turn or two

coretech

For a Shield + Sword character, which faction in Core City is best to join? I know JKK has riot gear, but Coretech has useful items for shields.

techcore

Where do I get Phantom Dancer?

at the phantom dance studio

*caughs up blood*

random drop on locust

Glad you could make it Aurelius
*caughs blood*

Not him, but very nice. Do you have an excell table or something where I can punch in my own values?

Aesthetics

i pickpocketed all his bolts

Can you soft-lock yourself with dude's rifts? I did his trippy quest and didn't bother to blow up any rocks beforehand and I don't have dynamite nor the blueprint for it and the only place I can rift to is the nightmare grey army base wtf. There's no way to reach SGS with the rocks still intact.

you can get from Dude's cave to Foundry or Core City without blowing up anything

And also Rail Crossing. Damn, I got scared for a while there

So I just did the Train quest and was offered to do work for the Protectorate. Can I do work for the Protectorate and do work for one of the major factions in Core City?

yes

Yep. You'll have to choose between 3 oligarchs in Core City, though.

if you copy this text into excel i think it shouldnt require too much editing to get it the way you want

Thanks! The reason I asked is because The Ambassador seems to not like the Oligarchs, so I didn't know if they'd get pissed off at me doing work for them.

They still cooperate. The only way to actually piss off the Protectorate is by working with terrorists.

I sincerely hope you helped that shady fuck at the Junkyard to spy on the Protectorate.

Of course I did, I also killed the people in the jail part for loot. However if the protectorate want to pay me to do some work I got no problem with it.

That's the spirit.

>Playing a knifer on dominating
>took nearly 18 levels to come online
>finally can kill more than 1 enemy per turn
>level 22 now
>still p. bad desu
>decide to cheat engine the char and see if fists are any better
>even with survival instincts and cheated 160+ quality components for items fists are still worse
Damn, back to knifes, at least hight dex characters are good

FRAGGIN' GHOSTS

How soon/level can you go to the DLC area?
Where can I get a Sormirbæren Skærder Sword? A bleed sword build seems cool.

Was Vivian questline butchered or something? It's pretty much bullshit.

Which are the best type of enemy to use plasma ganades/mines?

Is this some Dominating-only autist posting? Shotguns are busted, pumps doubly so. They allow immense flexibility due to not needing an absurd amount of feats to be good, high stats or more than one crafting skill to make them OP.

Learn how2shotgun scrub.

No, but Vivian was.

delet

Get a magnified plasma gun and execute for maximum bustin'
Bots and tin cans

Attached: BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.jpg (396x396, 14K)

Delete this right fricken now

Finish expedition main quest and don't turn in Acorn to anyone. Go to Core City, the same area where your house is and enter the bar in the lower right corner. Kill the weaboo.

But the boneyard ghosts aren't interested in being shot...

>tfw Ola is an important vendor
>have to wait until the end of your playthrough to kill him

Attached: 1401313785465.gif (800x450, 342K)

>all except one unique knives are garbage

99% of unique weapons are garbage
>Get double barreled shotgun
>Finally, a bona fide boomstick
>worse damage than a 100 quality shotgun
>2 shells magazine
>300% reload cost for some reason
>Styg also nerfs damage because it's still not bad enough
What's the point of uniques when they're universaly worse than crafted weapons outside of two or three examples?

Attached: 1566596429566.jpg (500x522, 24K)

Gorski died in the assault of Core city.
Worst part is I didn't realize this till I went to Tanner about the Acid hunters topic. I remember Gorcky being badly wounded but not dead, but the dialogue option was there. I did too many things after that because I though he was alive and now I can't go back.

Did I fuck up my playthrough or I only lost whatevr Gorski questline was?

Attached: 20190312_162914.jpg (725x767, 81K)

He's just a wannabe Constantine

Good, fuck Gotsby.

>making some trips back and fort between places preparing myself for DC
>harold on SGS is selling a 153q ballistic panel
holy shit

Attached: 20190830083600_1.jpg (1024x768, 238K)

I guess because they are all rather easy to obtain. the best fist weapon is in the sewers and I never need another one.

I want a house. Which of the 3 factions should I go for? did some things for Coretech but I can tell they are sucmmy bastards. JKK or Pretorians?

Ho, badhidi
Ho, ba-badhidi,
Ho, badhidi
Ho, Ho badhidi
Ho, badhidi
Ho, ba-badhidi
Ho, Ho badhidi

>did some things for Coretech
Then you've already chosen the best faction. Praetorians are the least scummy, but there's pretty much nothing going for them, aside from tin can stuff.

Haaaa, ho
Haaaa, ho
Haaaa, ho
Haaaa, ho
Haaaa, ho
Haaaa, ho

HO
HO
HO
HO
HO

Shit. I though I was just taking side jobs. Doing a sword run with throwing shit so electronics isn't that used beyond shields and plasma.
If I give the cube to Tanner will I lose my chance to get a house?

FORSKARR FLOTSURMIR

>use molo
>one o silas retarded henchman simply walk through it
>everyone is now hostile
literally how in the assfuck

Thank Styg

Then people come to us and ask 'why there are no companions in this game :('

I'm not normally one to complain about graphics, but it's getting pretty ridiculous that rocks, cameras, and walls still use the human silhouette. How long could it take Mac to draw a 100 x 100 rock?

>Went straight into deep caverns with no preparation because I didn't realize it was the end
>haven't even been to foundry or done the expansion yet

>>haven't even been to foundry
How do you just beeline to the Deep Caverns, ignoring EVERYTHING else?

you can still do all that afterwards

I figured a quest would send me there eventually so I put off going.

user...

What's the proper way to genocide the natives? is there a specific place i can go to kill their boss

Killing their boss is not genocide. Genocide is genocide.

>kill their boss
I don't think you understand. Genocide is not about killing one man.

In my first playthrough I aggroed Tchortists during the interview and decided against savescumming, meaning that I lost all possible EXP from their quests, had to slaughter my way through the Institute (you can't get away and restock elsewhere because you can't open the main door on your own) and was very unprepared for DC boogaloo. I also managed to miss the entirety of Oculus, all Six meetings aside from the first one in the caverns proper and also made the Faceless uncooperative so I had no clue about the main plot either.

Attached: 1508281649366.png (336x281, 62K)

With 0 Electronics, is there some merchant I should be aware of to buy shields off of or should I hope to get lucky with an enemy drop?

I'm a full psi user and I'm not ashamed to admit it

Crit Power or Onslaught for sword + throwing/traps stealth build?

What's the precognition build?

Both
Didn't you do the abram quests?

>both
I know bit which first?

Siphoner man?

Yea lay it on me. Skill points too please. I'm struggling with 4 skills needing a max.

Very funny game, this is now my first turn

Attached: 20190830155125_1.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Idk try using your braincells and stack all the evasion

Im in the health center, my only options are to kill guard or get body horror, but neither option lets me report anything back to the professor, am I missing anything? Also, only one of the two back doors are open, is the other one supposed to open as well?

Also, is the MRI scanner useful for anything?

Crit power almost always unless you're in some kind of weird ultra low crit strength build

If there was a way to hit 100% hit chance with guns I'd be using them instead of psi.

did you get the chip?

Thank you for this exceedingly helpful reply. The thought of putting points into evasion in an evasion build had not occured to me.

Phil's chip is implanted, yes

>my only options are to kill guard or get body horror
Can't you just let the Robotman go about his business and walk away yourself? It was an option for me. Well, that or die.

>am I missing anything
Yes, this nonsense has nothing to do with why you're there. You missed something in the western wing, and it's not the mysterious blocked door.

did you call the professor after you got out?

You're welcome bre!

Yes, only option is asking him where he is. Maybe you have to progress beyond a certain point in the rest of the story to report it? I just stumbled into the health center without being directed to go there.

Not that user, and I haven't done the area with high Will character yet but doesn't the guy refuse you to leave unless you finish him off? If you try to use the elevator to get out you get a Will check that prevents you from leaving.

it's fantastic in fights, but out of combat you're pretty useless

Attached: Siphoner Man.png (1056x886, 374K)

nvm got it

just had to reload until my aimed shot did enough damage

Attached: beating_the_ratking.png (1275x973, 809K)

Yeah, it probably has something to do with the Will checks. I passed all of them and the strongman just told me to fuck off, since I can't help the guy... whatever that means. And if you try to go in, you just up and die.

I passed all of the Will checks but I could still kill him for Body Horror. Not that I wanted it, but I could.

That's... weird.

No robotman does not have that option. I have very low will and failed all checks. I can leave without body horror by choosing to attack the strongman as a dialogue option instead of following him in. If I follow I get body horror. I did get Phil's chip implanted. Maybe I haven't progressed far enough in the storyline, but can someone answer these questions:
>Are you only supposed to open 1 of the two doors in the south? the morgue one
>Is the MRI machine used for anything?
>Can you end the lockdown somehow? In the security terminal in the reception
I'm leaning towards just killing the strongman and avoiding body horror, but I'm afraid the area is going to count as unfinished if I do. But since I can't report anything to the prof either way I dunno what to do

How often do merchants get fresh money, I just can't seem to offload my stuff

Cheers lad. Saved to fuck around with later.
How you dealing with traps? Just memorisation and reloading? Also, is evasive manooveres any good?
Thiking of maybe running it with a knoife for the extra temporal and ripper or maybe off wielding a spear with sweep and sacking expose weakness.

>Are you only supposed to open 1 of the two doors in the south? the morgue one
Get your eyes checked user. The doors go in the same fucking room
>Is the MRI machine used for anything?
I think you can use it to leave without doing the Will check, pretty sure that what I did on my first run of the DLC
>Can you end the lockdown somehow?
Probably but later, you find a way to upgrade your chip security level in another facility, never came back to try

MRI stuns every single robot that comes near it permanently. Fairly good and trivializes the area is you sneak around and shit.

Fuck it i'll just get body horror

Enjoy your PTSDs, bre.

Pirates will attack me from the same place the natives did? I need toget more caltrops and bear traps then

>not just staying friendly with them

>joint security headquarters

Oh boy time for another forced stealth section where my character has 0 stealth which makes the whole thing fucking PAINFUL

It's not really a stealth section. Just don't try to fight the turrets. And don't open all the doors. And for the love of god don't immediately disable the turrets when you get the opportunity.

>staying friendly with vermin

Enjoying that northern dick, bre?

I've reduced my Will to 10 and I still survive it. So unless it's not effective Will it checks then there has to be something you've said or done that kills you.

user, where'd you get a working cheat engine? My macheteman reached the point of no return on black sea aka crab island

>Ratking
BOY you're in for a surprise

You are probably the most powerful being in the Underrail besides the Godmen. Everyone is sucking your dick, not the other way around

They're worse than ARs even at close range.
Get your eyes checked, I had all shotgun feats and only 2 AR feats. Both weapons were at 4 range. Hornet dealt way more damage per AP.
>pumps doubly so
Oh, nevermind, you have no clue what you're talking about.

>something you've said or done that kills you
Guessing that's the case. Maybe it's because I initially passed the Will check to leave? Can't think of anything else.

>want to try pirate quests
>jet ski fights yay cool
>90% of fights are determined by RNG
Styg you are a goddamn fucking retard

I'm surprised they attack, too, but I thoroughly cleanse their base so it's not something I've ever had to deal with.

Tell that to Briggs when he chokes you again in his tent sweetie

How do you get him to choke you again? Asking for my friend.

In the process of killing them, they still attack the base. It's intended probably but I dislike it. Just send everyone to kill me, not the Aegis base, retards

Haha w-what if that was my fetish

Enjoy bad ending half the factions in south underrail because you're short sighted and hate north underrail

>pirate game
>there's no map
>get sent out on a mission, told to gear up and talk to people about it
>visit doctor, try to get healthpacks out of cabinet
>HOW DARE YOU GET A HEALTHPACK BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT ALONE ON A MISSION
>COMBAT
>get killed by random dude
>uninstall

Be Yahota. Take a wild guess how she got that husky voice of hers.

Attached: 250520_20190806172313_1.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

That choking part is stupid.
>10 STR 10 CON tin can man actually being hurt by that
>10 DEX 10 AGI guy actually being touched
>Psi god not just instantly killing the guy touching him
I am autismo and like roleplaying

I managed to grab a haxxor and then grab my stuff back, i'm just murderhobbing everything now, come at me faggots. I saw no where to go if you didn't have hacking to 90 either. The camera catchs anyone going into the armory and the turrets watch every other exit

>pirate game
Understandable
>there's no map
There is
>visit doctor, try to get healthpacks out of cabinet
>HOW DARE YOU GET A HEALTHPACK BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT ALONE ON A MISSION
Stealing is bad, user
>COMBAT
Yes that happens when you commit a crime. Life's tough in the Underrail
>get killed by a random dude
A stronger guy than you
>uninstall
You're trash

Honestly can't imagine not siding with the Protectorate.

Literally nothing to lose.

in the early game, you cant deal with traps
but once you start getting some levels, 3 per or not, your detection gets high enough for most traps if you move slowly
get some motion tracking goggles if you suspect traps
if you know there are traps, you can put on better armor and keep your shield on, maybe pop some morphine
overall traps were almost never a problem for me

I dont have evasive maneuvers; it might be good but I dont think its worth a feat and I don't think I'd use it much to be honest; I want my move points
evasion caps at 40% miss chance before light/distance/misc penalties anyway, and most ranged weapons aren't too dangerous with a shield active

GOD I wish that were me.

that bothered me too
I was siphoner man; no way he's touching me.

How much biology would you guys recommend for a psi character who wants to craft his own gear?