I thought this was supposed to be bad. I’m done listening to you dummies

I thought this was supposed to be bad. I’m done listening to you dummies.

Attached: C2675512-497B-467C-8073-B52B866E3A1A.jpg (220x273, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lightning is the only good thing to ever come out of Final Fantasy.

Attached: Lightning.jpg (1024x640, 129K)

play 13-2 for hope :)

Good. Never go with the flow, be it hype or a bash-campaign.
I fell for the meme as well.

Only good for the implied shota romance.

It's one of the better final fantasy games.

Attached: forgive.png (1280x720, 531K)

People will try and tell you six is good also.

this game was Yea Forums's turning point, after which, obcessively negative widespread opinions became synonymous with "check this out, it's likely very worthwhile"

My problem with this hallway sim was that it had final fantasy stamped on the box. Call it something else ffs but it’s not was ff fans want

behead those who insult lightning

Attached: yes indeed.gif (220x132, 448K)

A thousand times better than X. Fuck you Yea Forums for rusing me.

Yet fans praised FFXV? I’m not sure that even hardcore FF fans even know what makes a good ff anymore. We’re talking about the same people that shat on FFXI just because it was an MMO.

They really went overboard with the hallways but the game has a lot of positives to it.

Graphically it was great when it came out. The battle system is fun, challenging, and a good evolution of ATB/turn based. The game also easily has one of the best OSTs in the series.

Female cloud with no ass or tits.

>ynr

Good game but held back by some big flaws like pacing, cocoon being dull as shit, and some gameplay shortcomings. I just wish someone would copy the combat system and refine it into something amazing.

lol @ thinking 13 was bad Yea Forums just jumped on the band wagon of lonely guy who said it was shit on release

It's the only FF game I ever played.

It wasn't bad, soundtrack was great, a bit fucking grindy though.

Attached: learn and grow.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

i kinda liked the gameplay but absolutely nothing else made sense
though i hated that you couldn't save party setups

lol @ thinking 13 was bad Yea Forums just jumped on the band wagon of lonely guy who said it was shit on release

You mean like XIII-2? It fixed everything wrong with the prequel.

The only people who actually hated it were the Sony fanboys who spent 600 dollars on a PS3 and then it got announced for another system that costed half as much and had more games.

FFXIII sucked though.

pretty much this

>All these Lightning posters
Surely Toriyama can't spend this amount of time samefagging on Yea Forums?

No. 13-2 took many steps back in the combat department.
>Monsters instead of teammates made it so you have to look up a monster guide when you wanted to switch/try something new unlike 13 where everyone gained experience together even if they weren't there
>have to grind monster items
>no equipment combo abilities
>no unique weapons like axis blade, lion heart, pyrocans, paper tiger that made a character play completely different
>no haste unless you look up a guide or grind a billion monsters. kinda offset by faster atb charge times, but still annoying
>one limit per battle instead of tying it to tp and adjusting tp recovery rate or adding a fucking limit break bar
>shit pseudo random encounter thing that was just tedious
>new Crystal level system while sounds fantastic at first railroads your character into one playstyle hurting your already limited options
>Fucking Mog
At least it fixed the linearity issue and has TIME AND SPACE I guess

its 23 posters. its not samegfagging

I didn't play it until like...2015 or something with the PC port, and...I thought it was okay, I guess? It definitely wasn't as bad as people had said (which I knew because I had watched 2 roommates play it on release, one on 360 and the other on PS3), but it wasn't great. Combat was immensely slow for how little depth it had, and most of the story beats weren't particularly interesting. I ended up stopping when I got to Gran Pulse and never finished.

A shot ton of people hated it, mainly longtime fans of the series who were sold a box of shit with a final fantasy logo on it.

>Obligatory

I feel like the monster system actually added flexibility because while, yes, XIII had options with equipment, there was really only one optimal way to play each character for endgame content.

Attached: E4F2CA67-6B8C-4013-BBC9-3586BD553DD2.jpg (200x252, 11K)

I honestly don't know how people can enjoy FF XIII. I know you all think that everyone tried to play the game years after it came out and the negativity had basically become a meme, but I played it when it was new and thought it was shit. Then I found out that everyone else thought the same thing. I tried to trick myself into enjoying it by playing FF I and FF XIII back to back, hoping that at least the QoL stuff from XIII would make me like it playing it directly after the first game, but all I did was have a really fun FF I playthrough and I still couldn't stomach FF XIII. I know people have different opinions and all, but I really struggle to see why people like FF XIII and sometimes wonder if it's some weird form of rebellion.

She actually looks good in FF XIII, it's everything else she looks like shit in.

It’s not rebellion. It’s just some people have shit taste. And don’t be angry with these people, they are necessary. People with shit taste have to exist, so that people with good taste are recognized. Pity them and move on.

Is it really that hard to believe that not everyone shares your opinion? Or that people who like what you don't aren't doing it just to spite you?

I actually enjoyed the PC demo of that more than FF XIII. Doesn't seem great, but it seems somewhat better.

Try reading the whole post next time, champ. Also, lurk a bit and figure out what exaggeration is.

Best to ignore those "people".

>I was just pretending to be retarded
It makes sense now, thanks

That doesn't even make sense. No where was that ever implied. I don't understand the desperation of people here. Have you never interacted with a human being before? Have you never seen people throw in a little exaggeration when talking about something? Are you are a retarded alien trying poorly to fit in?

Twice I've tried playing it and both times I dropped it on Gran Pulse because the "open world" portion of the game was actually just dogshit.

I want to kiss Fang.

Check out the IQ on this guy

>he doesn’t like ff6
Yea I figured you for a mobile game fan. Complexity is not for you.

Only Bathhouse Barry the gay pig fucker likes XV. Keep talking about it and you’ll summon him if he’s not currently banned.

Reminder that all Final Fantasy games are pretty linear overall. Most people who complain about this don't actually want truly non-linear games, because then you'd have the SaGa series and no one fucking likes those games.

The pacing is garbage and both you and the cast don't know the royal fuck you're doing for a good amount.
The skill trees are entirely pointless if you wanna optimize, even more than X.
Cocoon is fucking terrible.
Half the cast's motivations are haphazard at best, literally retarded on a catastrophic level at worst.
We beat the bad guy by......doing exactly what he wanted.
The open world is overrated.

Generally everything people can complain about in X is done threefold in XIII.

No one gives a shit about linear game design and story. It's narratively, mechanically, and visually straightforward that breaks the tolerance for it.

The world building and side content is like RWBY tier where all of it is kept in a meta-encyclopedia.

How could you not like FFXIII?

Attached: 1535974847937.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

>Banish and Ultima everything
>complex

Ok champ.

Attached: 01.gif (500x369, 2.12M)

Lightning is my wife!

Attached: tumblr_n0hwqpIKs51r2rogso1_500.gif (500x500, 969K)

The music and scenery carries an otherwise mediocre game

Lmao u being ironic, boy?
Never have I since such a broken ass game. Holy shit kiddo

I really don't think he deserved all the hate he got

Attached: Hope_Estheim.png (919x669, 566K)

Attached: a2ce0561bc573935dfa620f323aab258.gif (268x350, 849K)

13 - yes. 13-2 is better to a degree. LR is almost ok port.

It's perfectly playable. Runs on 30fps on my toaster.

>have to grind monster items
as opposed to grinding money/drops for equipment upgrade mats in 13
>no equipment combo abilities
straight up false
>no unique weapons...that made a character play completely different
because of how the crystarium works, compared to 13 where you didn't have to make choices.
>no haste
use ATB rate weapons, retard
>Crystarium limits builds harder than 13
retard

Attached: raitoningu.jpg (1920x1200, 909K)

still waiting for a 4k lightning trilogy box for xbox.

Attached: original.gif (500x293, 1.2M)

>hidden multiplier system when upgrading weapons
>system doesn’t tell you when you max out the weapon and lets you waste items
I fucking loved it

Was lightning another attempt at an Aki Ross?

Attached: __tifa_lockhart_final_fantasy_vii_and_etc_drawn_by_kisaragi_yuu_fallen_sky__33b9cf9ea4bb6527a9ffe27a (1000x1166, 139K)

I enjoyed XIII but it was still a big disappointment. It's not a bad game but the series used to be so much better.

Attached: my-wife.gif (500x448, 2M)

All the 360 games are BC and X enhanced. That's all you're getting, but it's good enough.

Attached: lightning.is.my.gif (245x300, 979K)

Attached: Wilderness.webm (1280x1080, 2.63M)

Attached: gun.gif (500x281, 1.89M)

Attached: 123531543254236m.png (800x800, 706K)