How the actual fuck do I play this game I'm in the tutorial cave and I keep getting one-shot and wiped

How the actual fuck do I play this game I'm in the tutorial cave and I keep getting one-shot and wiped

Attached: 237339_front__06927.1541196038.1280.1280.jpg (640x909, 98K)

The start is the roughest part, just bear with it. Keep trying to recruit the demons you encounter and fuse them to get a bit better ones, exploit the enemy weaknesses to grain press turns and get debuff skills as soon as you can.
Also try to get a few demons with Ice skills for the first boss, or you'll want to kill yourself and Walter.

HOY

Joke thread?

Oh, the start is the hardest? That's a relief. I really like the design and gameplay and art and everything it's just fucking.. difficult. So the whole game isn't a struggle like this?

start is hard, try to recruit demons to have full party in fight and maybe grind

Thanks for the tips user. The start is the worst? That's a relief, i thought the whole game was going to be a struggle. I really like the art, design, music and gameplay and everything it's just... difficult

Based Naraku, the casual filter.

I wish the whole game was like that, but it gets piss easy later. You'll be one shotting everything at the end.

brainlet

That all depends on how good you are in general. The game will become easy only if you pay attention and learn what the game wants you to do.

Yeah, the game is fucking amazing imo, from atmosphere and music to story and themes. The start is hard exactly because you don't have a wide variety of choice of demons, so the skills that you can obtain are also very limited, this changes as soon as you get out of the starting cave as you encounter many other enemies, which open up your fusion possibilities.
And while the main game does indeed get very easy as you go (if you know what you are doing by that point), there's still some very difficult late game optional (depending on the route) bosses. Beelzebub and the Fiends to name a few.

Save after every encounter. Save before trying any door. Save again. Save before any fussion (lol, failure!). Grind. Save again. Sleep. Grind. Save. Sleep. Grind. Use metagame, don't even bother trying to play "fair". Learn an enemy weakness and load if necessary to use that weakness in the first turn in the next try. Grind. Save. Don't bother with apps like "negotiate", demon analize or pleace. Focus instead in the ones that give you extra xp and the scout bonuses. Try to talk and recruit every demon. Fail? reload. Fuse the demons. Stack your skills (particularly elementals in the early game). Never get overconfident. Being level 10 you can still (and will) die against a couple of level 1 enemes. Save again. No one will know and you can still pretend you played 'fairly'.

BEHOLD

Also, remember that the decrease/increase attack/defense/whatever can be used 3 o 4 times in a combat since they stack. You can get a +1 in atk/def/hit/evasion everytime you use it. Not that worthy early since they consume mp and it's better to just attack the enemy but remember this.

MY DEMONS ARE A BIT DIFFERENT

The game becomes absolutely piss easy about 20% in

Play a better SMT. IV is shit.

Attached: 436e4ca635fe135d6d9b34918a65b40a.jpg (700x500, 159K)

Trust this guy.
The game isn't that hard, but still not easy, I thought I was overpowered in the end but the last boss fights were still close.
Oh and fuck beelzebub, couldn't beat that fucker

>So the whole game isn't a struggle like this?
There's a very definite turning point where the story takes a new direction and the gameplay difficulty becomes a lot more lax. You'll know when you get there. The first few bosses of the game are the worst it has to offer.

The game’s difficulty curve is reversed for some reason. By the time you reach the mid game, you will be untouchable.

I've got the demons to fuse up "Angel" and still have a full party. Is it any good? Also, the demons rip me off a lot during negotiations. Is there some trick to it?

this play Persona 3 it's basically the real SMT 4

It's nothing like SMT And it's not supposed to be

use agi for every fight

Don't agree to everything a demon asks for, that just makes them more likely to run off with your shit or ask for more than they actually need. Try to make a point of saying no at least once even if they aren't asking for much. You're usually allowed to do this at least twice before they get angry or attack.

Give them one or two things then tell them to fuck off

Refuse 2x, ends talks. Demon instant joins.

Don't be me and spend an entire night trying to fuse Jeanne D'Arc just for Luster Candy

ok retard

Based Maxanma+6

the game is pretty unbalanced, the beginning can be bs but on the other hand once you get to tokyo you'll never die again