Every persona game is mediocre at best and 4 > 5 > 3
Digimon > Monster Rancher > Pokemon
Oblivion > Skyrim > Morrowind
Subspace Emissary was fine
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was fucking awful and inferior to X in every single way
Diablo 3 was fine
The best moba was paragon
Music is more important than graphics or story
A game being "revolutionary" on release does not make it good by today's standards and if you think otherwise you are retarded

Attached: 1564106744616.gif (200x200, 1.57M)

>A game being "revolutionary" on release does not make it good by today's standards and if you think otherwise you are retarded
I hope you know also that this doesn't mean that you should invalidate said game. Also you need to judge it by respecting the time it was first released, doing otherwise is stupid.

>playing mobas
>liking diablo 3
>liking the abomination that was X
>music is more important than gameplay in a game
literal reddit retard

the last point is irrelevant as i didn't mention gameplay. story and graphics are not gameplay
judging it based on its released time frame is fine however hailing a game as the greatest of all time just because of how good it was at the time of its release is fucking retarded. take pokemon red and blue for example, they basically pioneered the monster catching genre and were "revolutionary" for the time but they aged like fucking milk and play like complete ass. you can acknowledge that they did something while also acknowledging that most other games in its own franchise are just a straight fucking upgrade in every aspect

>Music is more important than graphics or story
>When music depends a lot of the narrative/setting and etc.
...What?

a bad setting can become more interesting if it has good music. a good setting does nothing for bad music

First person shooters are inherently bland and uninteresting and no amount of GoOd StOrY can fix them.

What I am saying is that music will depend of the setting, which means it needs to have a story or narrative to take as basis, so no, it isn't more important that way, even the simplest games needs some amount of writing to determine the setting and vibe beforehand

the point is not that music can exist without a story, the point is that music will have more impact than it

NSFW games are completely pointless if they don't cater to niche fetishes.

The best shooters are the ones with no story. Lookin' at you, arena shooters.

Oh I see, I still can't agree with it, with music only being a complement to reinforce the story for me, no wonder that very often is linked with actual events in the game most of the time in our minds but I can respect your opinion.

the new yakuza game looks good and there's nothing wrong with turn-based combat.

I think Neptunia Rebirth 1 and 2 are decent games

Metroidvania is an underrated style/genre/whatever and needs more games. Looking at the map and figuring out where you need to go or explore and then doing it is rewarding as fuck and is the prime gaming experience.

>pioneer a genre
>make all these amazing innovations
>do it so well other games have to build off it, you're the baseline
>NO bro it's old and theres new games therefore its not the greatest anymore
its a good thing this is unpopular because you sound retarded.

>Final Fantasy XII has the worst gameplay in the franchise
Not only that but also almost the worst story as well

being the first to do something does not mean you are the best to do something

the best at doing it rather

Fire Emblem 6 is the best in the series by a decent margin

I know with 100% certainty you are a zoomer.

hard doesnt make a game better, animations should be as short as possible while still retaining good presentation because waiting for the same animation or same battle transition or same victory screen or same repetitive cutscene its really boring regardless of how good it looks (pokemon for example shouldnt even have animations or transitions or introductions to the opponent because it takes up so much time and isnt very impressive). lives systems and game over screens shouldnt even exist anymore and they are an outdated arcade function, games that get you right back into the action are much more engaging and result in less frustration from death. turn based combat isnt good unless it has mechanics that let you interact with the game during attacks like qte's or action commands. the element system has been long due for an overhaul. you shouldnt always agree with the main character of the game and it makes you question your own theoretical choices in a game when the story has your character do things you wouldnt do or puts you in situations where theres no clearly right answer (fuck off dimitrifags). nazis and nazi like enemies are a tired trope and we need a new bad guy faction in western games and i personally think it should be more about civil strife instead of external strife against obviously incorrect people but that would be harder for devs to sell because then they would actually have to oppose something that isnt universally opposed like nazis. theres nothing wrong with enjoying fanservice.

learn to format

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was fucking awful
yes
>and inferior to X in every single way
no

pokemon as a singleplayer game is not very good

Subspace Emissary was bad but better than World of Light
Doom 2016 is a mediocre game and Doom as a whole is an overrated, long outdated franchise
Rockstar's only good game is Midnighy Club 1
Kamiya's is a hack and his only good game is Vewitfiul Joe 1
Fear 2 is better than 1
HR and MD are better than Deus Ex
MMOs. MOBAs and fighting games are shit.
The people who play fighting games are largely insufferable twats.

Attached: 1566426710949m.jpg (515x1024, 157K)

formatting is for REDDIT

why does everyone either love or hate ff13?
what a good post.

>why does everyone either love or hate ff13
because the game has a lot of good aspects and just as many bad aspects

>God of War, Detroit, The Last of Us in top tiers
>Fromsoft's entire library, DOOM, Generations in low tier
>Highest rated fighting games are NRS
And maybe it's just me but uhh.. I dont see a main series Xeno game but X is there.

Are you fucking retarded?

>why does everyone either love or hate ff13?
waifufags love it because it has lightning in it, everyone else hates it for being a boring cinematic hallway simulator.

I agree with this. I'd also like more 3D Metroidvanias as well.

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was fucking awful and inferior to X in every single way
This isn't an unpopular opinion at all, don't fall for the narrative.

It was a good game especially by indie standards.

Attached: yiik art.jpg (387x643, 52K)

How good this game does when you ignore the horrible writting?

ive seen this pasta

I really enjoy turn based combat.

But the writing is the best part, what happens is

>Dev does something on purpose that seems odd
>People immediately jump down its throat when it's explained later on

I mean, you can safely say it's objectively bad by the terrible exposition alone and a lot of unnecessary setences even if you don't think the mc is that bad. Is it still worth despite this?

Ah yes I love slow and sluggish RPGs where characters take 4 minutes to explain what a competent writer and competent characters/players could explain and understand in 40 seconds

>Fear 2 is better than 1
Well, op is supreme shiteater, but this is a point when I should drop Yea Forums for good. Consider me triggered out of this shithole.