It's been 3 years

>it's been 3 years
>still no word about a new game
>Insomniac focusing on Spiderman after it made a shit ton of money
Is Ratchet kill?

Attached: Ratchet-and-Clank.jpg (1524x1899, 401K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/ratchet_and_clank_is_vital_in_the_present_and_future_says_sony
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ratchet 2016 sucked anyway, so we're not missing anything.

Ratchet was kill after PS2

Crack and Nexus were decent.

Shawn literally just soft confirmed a new Ratchet & Clank on the day of the studio acquisition reveal.
pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/ratchet_and_clank_is_vital_in_the_present_and_future_says_sony

Ratchet and clank fans are so ungrateful

He's dead, Jim.

Attached: ECEy--QU4AA6pS-.jpg (2048x1536, 367K)

>wanting a new R&C game
>when they've been recycling the same few weapons for 12 years
>and they fucked up the remake so bad

I'm pretty glad for what I got. 4 masterpieces and 2 or 3 great games is more than most franchises can boast. If the franchise ended now, I'd be glad.

I really hope it's something new and not an inferior Going Commando remake

I hope they remake 2 and 3, and remaster the Future trilogy. I liked 2016 a lot.

I think they're just giving it some space. Let the fans miss it a little before making another Ratchet game.

Attached: 1534790436623.jpg (330x413, 74K)

No more remakes. New arc please.

Franchise has peaked. They released tons of games and there's little room for improvement.

Merch is due to drop soon. Maybe something in 2020?

Attached: ECm0YUDX4AAYLpG.jpg (1080x1751, 107K)

Tools of Destruction??

bland

Decent but bland and lacking much reason to replay.

Oh I've missed the real Ratchet games since Deadlocked. I've just accepted that they're gone for good.

>wanting more post ps2 nuRatchet
Are you mentally ill?

What's wrong with that, user?

Attached: QqSjk6Bj_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

The formula has gotten really stale they need to shake it up somehow
Maybe they could make the combat combo based or add more RPG elements

>shitty remake that ruined the original

ratchet 2016 was good.

Star Fox fags coming out from the woodwork swearing they know how to make a good space exploration game. That's cute.

Attached: 1465708935441.jpg (1233x709, 450K)

RPG elements (aka endless upgrade meters) are the reason the game is so bland now.
The original 2 games are unique in that they made exploring alternate routes in levels the primary mode of upgrading your character, and they had large levels with several paths to accomplish it. That's something Ratchet games forgot when 3 came out and was linear as fuck with no way to upgrade weapons except shooting them a lot.
If anything, the franchise needs to revive the 1&2 formula.

no.

>e-everyone who dislikes a shit game just likes shittier game!
fuck off retard.

nice stuff

What the fuck is Naughty Dog's excuse for not returning to Jak then, aren't they Sony owned as of a few years now too?

Oh shit, first MediEvil now Ratchet. Gotta be a Jak one on the way too

The character were butchered, the talking was atrocious, too many cut planets, still the future trilogy weapons everywhere. No user, overall that's no good.

Attached: 1564377537514.jpg (800x800, 164K)

fuuuck I want it

>What the fuck is Naughty Dog's excuse for not returning to Jak then, aren't they Sony owned as of a few years now too?
they don't want to make Jak
how is that hard to understand
they get a blank check from Sony to do whatever they want, and they don't want Jak

PS3 ratchet sucks ass
>using the EXACT same weapons for multiple games
>terrible upgrade system that changes between games and you have to grind to get enough raritanium to make them not shit
>terrible armor designs
>game is spr srs business no fun allowed that puts extreme emphasis on shitty clank puzzle sections
>isnt an action platformer anymore, its mostly flat plains with the platforms sitting at the back right behind the enemies
>no cool or varied locations
>artstyle is totally different, but in a bad way
>the new characters stick with you for multiple games
>that fucking smuggler faggot that you cant just kill and take the shit he obviously stole from you
>terrible weapon design
>games are really fucking short with even shorter games like quest for booty and nexus being even shorter
>remake is the worst offender since it isnt actually a remake, its more a tie in with the new movie, it leaves out most of the suff that made the original game the way it was, it cuts out a bunch of levels for no reason, nefarious is in the game and his gay origin story, story focuses more on qwark and nefarious instead of the dude destroying planets.
>#GadgetTron

all that bullshit and you fail to mention that the gameplay mechanics and level design are wank

Is this insomniac studio?

>game is spr srs business
no they really aren't

what is that thing in the tube that says PlayStation?

so you havent played the future series of games? you know the ones where its full of faggy emotional drama and you get shit on by everyone instead of being a badass that blows shit up

No one played the ps3 games
They are making a return for ps5

Plenty of people played the PS3 games. It's just they got lazy with the 4P Co-op ones.

The ratchet games are getting worse and worse
The PS4 has absolute awful story/characterisation/humour/style
and the gameplay isnt great either, probably the easiest ratchet to date

Are the PS3 games worth playing? Loved the ps2 games as a kid.

French TGV train en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGV

Except this model has a Playstation sticker or decal on it
Probably just a promotional item or something.

No.

It's better off dead. The PS3 games were dull and the remake of R&C1 was trash for little kids.

Deadlocked was the last 10/10 in the series. The PS3 games ranged from ok to bad and the reboot was iffy

French TGV train model en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGV

The model has a Playstation decal or sticker on it, probably a promotional item or souvenir

>gameplay isn't great either
The PS2 games were literally only hard because of gameplay limitations like how much health you could level up to (Going Commando) or having a 3 hit limit before dying (OG).

this game kinda sucked

Ratchet was dying slowly after the first game and didn't even survive the PS3.

A Crack in Time is but not the others

Confirmed you've never played the PS3 games. Get the fuck out.

People won't believe me, but I know they are making Ratchet and New IP right now.

>gameplay limitations
not being able to sponge damage isn't a "gameplay limitation"
in the OG ratchet and last levels of 2 and 3, you had to plan what you were doing and use some effort to dodge attacks

test

inb4 future 4k ports

fuck off manchild

>Ratchet and New IP
They're ditching Clank??

>3
>hard
3 is just as fucking easy as the newer games because specific weapons are broken messes and the upgradable armor makes it even easier.. Literally only 1 and 2 have difficulty added due to limitations of your health and what kind of max health you can achieve. Do no pretend Up Your Arsenal is "hard" by any measure.

None of these criticisms apply to A Crack in Time, the actual best game in the series if you remove your nostalgia goggles

I would bet that they pass it off to a smaller, junior team within Insomniac and do $20 or $30 dollar standalone games now and then. The marketplace for these mascot platformers has changed a lot since the PS2 era.

People won't believe me, but I know they are making Ratchet and New IP right now.

Test, servers are fucky

Because the PS4 game was really just a mediocre tie-in for the shitty movie.

They're nowhere near as good as the PS2 games but they're worth playing if you want more Ratchet.

nahh it was more than just less health
Ratchet on 1 you had to plan stuff
In ratchet ps4 you spam something like bouncer or lock on missiles and not even have to aim at anything

>get a bad gateway
>post goes through anyway

Did Hiroshimoot trip over a cable?

The need to remove zirkon and the disco ball
unfunny meme shit

>Replaced the soundtrack generic orchestral shit
Fucking disgusting.

Maybe in 1 since I remember never having enough ammo with all the weapons excluding the RYNO to take him down during the final platform section.