Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1C3XgZuXBf1
vocaroo.com/i/s1y65zU4RY6b
vocaroo.com/i/s11DRas7H0Ao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes it was

yes it was

yes it was

It really was that fucking bad, Halo CE except with all the things that make it garbage and none of what makes it memorable
its up there with Unreal 2 and Jericho

Yes it was.

Bad Half-life clone with horrible pacing and bogged down by the worst of the popular FPS conventions at the time.

I haven't played it, but from what I get the game was pretty much a joke. And not even a good one.

yes it was

zero hour was the true dnf

Attached: DNZH_Box.jpg (640x468, 69K)

Fuck yeah. Zero Hour is underrated. I would go as far to say it's the best Duke Nukem game behind 3D.

prove it

it's okay at best.

Nobody is going to be able to stop you from having shit taste. You can't help being who you are.

The game exists.

it wasn't very good either

Have never played any Duke Nukem game. Just curious why it's bad.

I guess that could be proof if it really does suck but I'm not gonna play it or watch videos of it just to find out, though.

not that guy, but it's an ok game. If you can get it for cheap I'd say it's worth it. The main issue is that the shotgun is the only weapon with some real punch to it. I liked the idea of the ego meter being refilled when you execute someone and the game overall was pretty funny

It's just really average game. Not exactly bad but people had way too high expectations. After all the game was in development for well over a decade so it must be good, right?

Play Duke Nukem 3D and you'll see why everybody hates Forever.

It wasn't that good.

Attached: il_570xN.854942588_dbeb[1].jpg (570x855, 78K)

blow it out your ass

Duke Nukem 3d is like Halo CE where everyone remembers the kick ass levels but nobody remembers all the levels that sucked ass

>The entirety of Lunar Apocalypse
Worse than anything in DNF, fuck sntry drones

Attached: 1448018982115[1].gif (1024x768, 139K)

the only bad levels in Halo 1 are Pillar of Autumn, which I can forgive for being the intro, and Keyes.

you're an inspiration for birth control

But Library was way worse.

every level past Assault on the Control Room is a copy paste filled mess

It was average but the years of development hell skewed it into being considered shit. If anything I’d say it’s good considering how shit the development cycle was

>Shitty pistol with schizophrenic reloading
>Airborne enemies are impossible to hit
>Protozoid Slimers are literally fucking impossible to kill with hitscan
>Hitscan pig cops can bring you to single digit health from hundreds of feet away
>TWO (2) regularly appearing rapid-fire hitscanning enemies
>Constantly warping enemies in behind you
>"but dude look you can flip the light switch! soooooo interactive bro"

Attached: 1408333333083.gif (400x225, 244K)

> Lunar satellite dish
> That level with Star Wars-style jump
Lunar Apocalypse ain't bad.

Only episode 2 had really weak levels, and that's mainly the fault of the sentry drones. One of the worst fucking enemies ever designed for a FPS.

>Shitty pistol with schizophrenic reloading
wrong and mostly an unused weapon
>Airborne enemies are impossible to hit
wrong
>Protozoid Slimers are literally fucking impossible to kill with hitscan
wrong and git gud
>Hitscan pig cops can bring you to single digit health from hundreds of feet away
wrong and they aren't hit scanners
>TWO (2) regularly appearing rapid-fire hitscanning enemies
they are not hitscanners also wrong
>Constantly warping enemies in behind you
true but git gud
>"but dude look you can flip the light switch! soooooo interactive bro
not an argument

Attached: 1512067405259.png (349x427, 168K)

>Anime

Thoughts on Ion Fury?

>not an argument
not an argument, also YOU'RE retarded, pig cops DO hitscan, you're WRONG and STUPID

Attached: 1410214791602.gif (250x149, 387K)

you mean ion tranny?

It's okay, needs enemy variety, weapons are kinda boring

Those levels aren't bad on their own, they just have overused spaceship setting right next to real-life setting of the rest of the game.

>>Shitty pistol with schizophrenic reloading

It's one of the best pistols in a classic FPS as it becomes still viable even late in the game. The fuck are you talking about? The reload is super fast

>>Airborne enemies are impossible to hit

Learn how to aim?

>>Protozoid Slimers are literally fucking impossible to kill with hitscan

Learn how to aim or just fucking mighty foot them.

>>Hitscan pig cops can bring you to single digit health from hundreds of feet away

Pop in and out of cover and they literally can't hit you.
Also you're exaggerating their damage potential at range.

>>TWO (2) regularly appearing rapid-fire hitscanning enemies

And you can easily avoid their damage by using cover intelligently. It isn't like Blood where they fire on you the microsecond they see you.

>>Constantly warping enemies in behind you

Get better reflexes. Almost all shooters from this era had ambushes.

>>"but dude look you can flip the light switch! soooooo interactive bro"

Nitpicking.

You really suck at video games.

>enemy variety,
in what way?

Its been a while since I played this but didnt a third of this fucking game take place in the hoover dam?

yeah but they don't do much damage unless you let them shoot you while you're right next to them. ergo, git gud

More enemy types, dumbass. What other "way" is there?

Completed it today, it's pretty good. Weapons are fine, grenades are better than classic rocket launcher because launchers are overpovered. Still, Duke's level design is more fun. Don't expect submarines to hijack or whole museums to get lost in.

best level design in any of the build engine games. i'm only about halfway through but it's full of secrets that are way more complex than doom's secrets, similar to duke 3d but taken to the next level because a lot of the secrets depend on level interactions.
the guns are all pretty good except for the crossbow, which sucks. i appreciate most of the one-liners which are taken from movies from the 80s and 90s, even though they're not as good as duke's.
enemies are most similar to blood's enemies, but eased up a bit - there are no true hitscan enemies, and enemies don't have laser vision and perfect accuracy like in blood, so you have more of a chance if you miss a corner or something.
also has a bunch of immature, stupid joke posters and humor that are fun. glad they didn't capitulate to the trannies although they said they were going to at first.

not gonna lie, it was somewhat disappointed in last level.

no

Attached: hitscan.webm (800x600, 2.4M)

>best level design in any of the build engine games
was in Duke it out in D.C, fite me.

>the guns are all pretty good except for the crossbow, which sucks

You suck, how about you try actually using it?

Yep, it needs more cyberpunk city streets.

Twice jp version and usa. Fuck octaking boss fight

Attached: Screenshot_20190829-170551_PS App.jpg (1080x1519, 192K)

they kill the lesbian twins

I agree that the weapons feel kinda akward but the enemy variety is good, the game is just too long so it takes a while to the variety to really kick in. I like some concepts of the weapons but they feel wonky and many alt fires are very underwhelming

It was bad. But had it been released in 2007 as intended (that was the original release date for the version of dnf we got), it would have been better received.

Just because they're missing doesn't mean they aren't hitscan.

>45% achievement rate on a 100% achievement
whats the deal with Sonyfags being so obsessed with trophies?

>if I stand still the enemies will hit me WTF??

Attached: 1487278033812.jpg (163x215, 13K)

If anything it would have been received even worse if it released alongside actually good FPS games like TF2, Crysis and Modern Warfare

i honestly missed somekind of bazooka

You can see how many platinums people have on their profile, so having more platinums is a status symbol

Nah not really because it would have looked like any other FPS at the time. The ones you mentioned were the outliers and big hits for obvious reasons.

yes but there's no projectile. it's hitscan. animation=damage
they just have shit aim

yeah all the explosive weapons were kinda meh. The primary fire of the bowling bomb or whatever it's called grew on me, although I still dislike how you have to charge it, but the grenade launcher and the clusterpuck usually are pretty underwhelming.

and what's the issue if it can be dodged?

the grenade launcher is probably the best gun in the game

vocaroo.com/i/s1C3XgZuXBf1

too european/10

cute

Attached: 1559088722520.jpg (320x320, 28K)

There's no visible projectile, but game still simulates shot-hit delay of projectile, which is why you can get out of way.
Hitscan hits instantly when fired

I only use it to kill the centipedes and get some armor shards from time to time.

I remember getting it the day it came out, getting to the Hoover Dam, and never touching it again.
It was so goddamn bad

vocaroo.com/i/s1y65zU4RY6b

>ITT cucks that cant handle a mans game
Sorry DOOM babies, but duke is much better than your tranny infested shithole and le brutal doom fagggotry

>Duke Nukem
>Not also infested by trannies

Attached: N7qSvBI[1].png (882x752, 710K)

Don't care, I swear nothing gives me a bigger fucking boner than Duke. I want his cum guzzling down my throat while he smokes.

Prove your original claim first

FPS was always a shit genre

vocaroo.com/i/s11DRas7H0Ao

Is there something I missed recently? Why is Doom a "tranny infested shithole"?
Also
>brutal doom

whatever doom tranny, body mutilation is a core aspect of doom

Yours is too soft, it's like romantic Duke ASMR

>Is there something I missed recently? Why is Doom a "tranny infested shithole"?
The Doom Community is no run by trannies, the lead guy on GZDoom is a tranny, there are other tranny WAD makers, and the people that liked and played doom are now outnumberd by fags and nigz that try their best to make doom into yet another cuck safe haven

Attached: deus ex.jpg (207x253, 8K)

>muh facts
what rock did you crawl out from?

>Community shit
Yawn, come back when Doom Eternal has an obese, pink haired protagonist

I don't pay attention to source port or wad creators, only what they output

Yes it was

you dont need to pay specific attention too them, Yea Forums spammed them with OH NO NO NO and other buzzwords for a few weeks

Maybe you should come back with a good game