Yea Forums - 'This isn't a game'

ITT: Discuss the Jak and Daxter franchise of platforming/shooting/racing/assorted minigames
Whats your favorite
>Game
>Soundtrack
>Level/mission
>Character
>Daxter quote

Attached: half of threads on v.jpg (960x544, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPnnaLnlvg
youtube.com/watch?v=G3lsfUNKyis
youtube.com/watch?v=rfxonMos1RI
discord.gg/HnuUfGn
youtu.be/s_7cXZOtipk?t=269
youtube.com/watch?v=FPIaKzD_mmo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4Z-1nlTc8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'M GONNA KILL PRAXIS

>Doesn't kill Praxis

Attached: 1396136301709.png (564x391, 20K)

1>2>3

This is the truth.

I like 2 for what it did differently but i think this is a franchise which got worse with each release

I'M GONNA SHIT ON THAT FUCKING NIGGER PRAXIS

What i want to know is did the story of Jak 2 onwards(Haven City,Metal Heads, Ottsel precursors, Dark Makers etc.) even have any drafts or any planning ahead before shipping TPL? Its such a dramatic shift in tone and direction that I find it hard to believe the series was thought out at all ahead of the first game.
I also like 2 despite its maze-like half-baked city and lack of explanation between 1 and 2.
>Rift gate opens
>Metal Heads released into Sandover village
>Jak and crew flung into the future
>something something something
>Heavily fortified Haven City with no precursor silos or other TPL landmarks in sight and a large human population that came from...?
Wasn't it also implied Haven was the last human city too before Jak X?

Attached: 1396565602390 (2).jpg (1469x1613, 218K)

I don't think so, TPL ending was really open and could have been anything.
About Haven i think it was just the only known city, after all no one even knew about spargus

How did they get away with this?

The only game I actually replay is Precursor Legacy. I drop Jak 2 in the first few hours and I don't replay Jak 3 since I don't replay Jak 2.

Which would you rather see?
>J&D reboot
>Jak 4
>J&D being given to new studio

Attached: 1540851414201.png (388x400, 258K)

Based

Remember that cool ass glitch in jak 2 allowing you to revisit the sand village by removing the disc when the game is playing the first cutscene? I think it was neat

Attached: 1566876464543.png (750x707, 312K)

Jak 4. Made by the Splatoon team.

If you go to where the scout flies were hidden in Sandover village when doing that trick, you find breakable Krimson Guard crates instead filled with dark eco

Attached: 1517899146274.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

>2
>2
>both of the palace missions in 2
>Vin
>anything he says to Krew

1>Combat Racing>3>Daxter>Lost Frontier>Shit>2

None of the above let it rest in peace we don't need another Sly 4

I remember but there's not enough to fill up the gauge and they won't come back if you break em.

I lost my jak 1 copy so using this glitch was the only way to explore the village again for me. And the place was eerie and shit because the village was entirely deserted and no music was ever playing.

Attached: 1566307418785.jpg (900x675, 86K)

Jak 1 and II are about equal. 3 is really the worst of the lot. That said, II is my favorite for sure.
>Soundtrack
I know these games front to back and I don't remember a single track.
>Level/mission
The snow mountain from J&D, the tower bridge connected to the Haven City palace, and the desert.
>Character
Jak of course.
>Daxter quote
"This could have a serious impact on the lady factor."

Jak and Daxter will always be inferior to Ratchet and Clank.

t. finished the trilogy of each

Attached: B995EBFC-BD04-422B-BF0E-27092CC25C2C.jpg (526x297, 23K)

Mike Erwin was such a good voice for Jak

Well, yeah, obviously.

Ratchet is definitely the more consistent series but Jak 1 and 2 had higher highs

Jak could have been brilliant at its own thing if they stuck with the original game's formula but the shooting gameplay never even came close to Ratchet and the open world paled in comparison to contemporaries.

I haven't played all the Rathet games but I like Jak way more. There's more variety.

Attached: gsdx_20190821160433.jpg (3840x2160, 1.12M)

I prefer having stronger mechanics to just having more mechanics. Any combat encounter in Jak II just makes me wish I were playing Ratchet, and any vehicle mission just makes me with I were playing GTA VC.

The sky was also gloomy and gray like how it looks in the cutscene after the rift gate opens

I remember liking guns more in Jak 2 and the racing game or Jak 3 were pretty cool. Ratchet is a lot more boring to me because it's just casual shooting.

reboot where they never go through the time portal

this

To be fair. R&C imploded pretty hard towards the end. I believe it’s just oversaturation and developer burnout. Insomniac were pretty clearly sick of the IP and wanted to do other things.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Get_seal_piece_at_Water_Slums.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

3 was like gta for kids

Attached: 1563210973796.jpg (640x477, 148K)

By "towards the end" when do you mean exactly? It's clear Ratchet is a zombie franchise now, but I thought it was pretty great all through the PS2 years and also had a brief spike in quality around Crack. It seems to me like Insomniac just ran out of ideas, while Naughty Dog was always itching to try something new even if they had a formula that worked.

>*dark bombs into water*
>*swims/jetboards to the entrance*
Heh, nothing personal, Baron...

Jak 2 is the clunkiest piece of shit game ever with like 3 guns compared to ratchets 20. Not to mention the much smoother gameplay in ratchet. Kill yourself

What are you talking about? RaC3 had some diffuse moments (the multiplayer maps/base defence shit sticking out in particular) but the core gameplay was better than ever. It's honestly the game that felt nicest to play, although i still prefer RaC1 since it doesn't have the retarded weapon leveling system and a much better art style.

Spinning with tyhe yellow gun is the bewst shit ever, shut the fuck up. Even feels better than the bouncer

Blitzing your way by rolling/jetboarding on the walkway is so much more fun than the intended route.

user is probably talking about the PS3 games and the remake. I never played Tools of Destruction but i found QfB and CiT to be rather lame. Remake was cringe
The trilogy + deadlocked is golden

Attached: 1559637070862.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

The future series is worse than the originals in all aspects, but I would still argue they're fairly good games. The remake was utter dogshit though, shame on current insomniac. I hope it was just because of the movie.
But yes, oriiginal 4 were god tier.

Thread theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPnnaLnlvg

Imagine if they had different citizens in different parts of the city
>Hazard-like suits and high-viz vests in industrial area
>Sailor/Navy-like garb for ship workers High-vis vests in port
>Agricultural areas feature farmers in suspenders and the like
>North city contains the upper class in bizarre cyberpunk/industrial outfits
>Slums contains the working poor in heavily used clothes and some subtle resistance support
>Palace is swarmed by KG and posh rich nobles in obnoxiously expensive clothing
>Water slums is like the slums but worse with disabled and homeless people
The city if done today could be so immersive and atmospheric and unfucked with its maze-like structure being done away with

Jak 2 has 4 guns, one for each directional button
How could you not remember that?

Thats pretty good

Attached: 1553056041480.gif (500x500, 994K)

>game
Precursor Legacy
>soundtrack
I really like the music from the snow level, can't remember what it's called
>Level/mission
The mission from Jak 2 where you collect the three artefacts
>Character
Jak

jak3 kicked ass saw this on the home page and i just wanted to say that XD

>Ooh my GOD

God, this PS4 port is terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=G3lsfUNKyis

>Game
Precursor Legacy
>Soundtrack
Sandover Village
>Level/mission
The mission in 2 where you punch precurse boxes and they turn into paths
>Character
Mr. Green Sage
>Daxter Quote
"This is what you get for removing me from the title", or some such in 2

Looked it up, was "This is what happens when they drop my name from the title."

I don't like TPL and love 2 and 3

>Limited Run released those Amazing Book Style Limited Editions
>It's the fucking PS4 Ports included
Serious Monkey Paw
I just don't fucking understand the PS3 versions are great why couldn't they just port those to PS4

t. started with 2

same for me but 3 is not that much worse than 2
only thing I don't like about 3 is the driving in the desert and dealing with random bandits shooting at me and messing me up, everything else about the game was fine
also 3 didn't nearly have the amount of bullshit missions 2 did
1 was just great overall, I have practically no complaints

2's fuck you difficulty is what made the game amazing

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

When are they doing X?

Attached: 20190829_202947.jpg (4032x1960, 2.12M)

This is still the most depressing thing I’ve seen in awhile.

I just played 1 on the PS3 collection and had a horrible time. It felt like my double jump's input was constantly dropped, the hitboxes on walls and ledges were inconsistent, and I'd rather fucking die than ever have to use that bike thing again. Please say 2 and 3 do it better or it was just the PS3 collection fucking up.

>That glitch in 3 where you could shoot the nuke, hop into a car at the last second and when the screen came back you'd be in a car being chauffered by a civilian

Attached: 1501544212640.jpg (306x462, 45K)

Probably a bad remaster, I'm emulating it right now and it's fine.

Grew up with Jak 1, recently played 2 and had a great time. Playing sequels of trilogies for the first time decades later is the greatest vidya experience. You get the feeling of something new safely delivered wrapped in nostalgia.
youtube.com/watch?v=rfxonMos1RI
NO
MORE
POWER
CELLS

there is a insta kill robot in the water for that mission so thats impossible user

>flung into the future
They were flung into the past, brosef

The villain of 3 was such a disappointment
>Set up villains in first game that seem inconsequential to the story and are just they're actually evil pieces of shit that were "probably" destroyed after being sealed in raw evil energy
>Bad things start happening with robots, mysterious villain afoot
>Its the henchman from last game who blew up and now has robot prosthetics
What a waste

>be me
>join this Yea Forums server called the Archive Fields
>( discord.gg/HnuUfGn )
>filled with literal pedos, traps, etc
>cant report them to ToS because they delete posts that break it
>faggot called AA-1 runs the place
>bunch of people tell me to post my legs
>comply because desperate for attention
>AA-1 tells me if I write "copelets" on my body, he'll give me a special number
>stupidly think "fuck it why not"
>do it
>I send it to him
>he sees it
>I delete it
>he saves it and shows it to everyone
>bullies me all day about it and calls me a retard and idiot
>everyone in the server keeps calling me a retard
>even the fucking traps their are bullying me
>AA-1 even DM's me and says the only way to make up for this is too start a live stream and shill the server and then seriously killing myself
>leave the server and have massive panic attack
>AA-1 sends all of his little buddies to add me as a friend and keep trying to guilt trip me into rejoining the server
>inb4 "just ignore them"
>AA-1's friends are in other main servers I use and they keep harassing me in their as well

Please help, what do I do? These faggots is seriously ruining my life.o

Attached: 4FXwgBt.png (467x348, 168K)

Jak 2 > 3 > 1
>476007252
>guys this server is terrible
>posts a server link
Also, glad to know I'm not the only one that attempted to report you fags. Find something better to do with you lives.

And they're both inferior to Sly Cooper.

t.played the 3 trilogies countless times.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 15K)

I want Ashelin milkers

First game
First game
As desolate as it was, Jak 2's hub world was interesting enough.
Daxter. He went from being the worst character in the series to being the best.
"Is this dark eco really that dangerous? 'Cause I'd hate to fall in it again and turn into you!"

I respect 2 but I'll never play it again. What a chore. I didn't even finish three.

1>3>2 any other order is invalid. Just replayed it and 2 was absolute garbage. JnD reboot/indie spiritual successor when

Well, I mean he watched him get killed so I guess that's sorta the same

I tried playing jak2 once and was shocked by the constant screen tearing

>That Daxter quote
Where was this? I seriously don't recall it

If you use the dark bomb ability it takes out the insta-kill robot, but you only get one shot at it

Attached: 1396401800905.gif (267x199, 176K)

>They were flung into the past, brosef
Fucking moron
youtu.be/s_7cXZOtipk?t=269

Attached: spaghett.gif (455x344, 989K)

What version?

>didn't finish three
Its not that bad honestly. I implore you to reconsider. More platforming towards the end

Attached: 1397431935895.gif (480x270, 2.86M)

the ps2 version

jak 4

Attached: Jak 3 tess.webm (940x450, 963K)

>Maia's model has half her asscrack visible
I won't question it, but rather appreciate it instead

yes it does

Attached: Jak 3_20181129195135.png (1920x1080, 649K)

yikes, not a good look

I remember my first faps being just going through the character viewers.

Attached: 1529444080598.gif (320x240, 572K)

i told some guys here i was going to learn sfm to do stuff with the girls i am sorry to say i have not even started

Attached: 1533832837361.jpg (159x205, 18K)

>when the QOTSA kicks in during the Jak X intro

Attached: IMG_20190329_130623.jpg (639x607, 76K)

I just finished the precursor legacy from the HD colection, Whats with the fucking horrendous double jump input? i lost so many lives because it feels like jak has an anvil tied to his leg, and the zoomer controls like shit it feels like driving a hooked fish out of the water.
Anyways beside that the game is actually good, it needs more bosses IMO and the camera control could use some work.
I didn't get all the power cells, whats behind the door in the last level?

Attached: 1474335080969.jpg (389x389, 39K)

I'm confused, when does the pants end and the leotard begins???

Zoom zoom

>what's behind the door in the last level
Cliffhanger for the sequel, they don't show the player what's in it but it's the materials for creating the portal at the start of Jak 2.

Its okay user. Better for it to be quality than rushed
Are there even sfm models?

Is 2 and 3 any good?I understand they change things in the secuels.

i found some on deviantart

you deserve it

I don't like open world games so they're not to my taste, but I finished them and the stories are pretty good.

Honestly jak 2 and 3 are barely open world, they're more like hub worlds with linear levels attached

tl;dr yes but your level of enjoyment depends on what you liked about the first game. I like them all about, give or take, the same amount fight me
2 and 3 aren't focused entirely around platforming but all the same platforming moves are there
Guns are introduced: 4 guns in 2, and 12 guns in 3
Jak gets injected with Dark Eco, is the only known survivor of this process, and as a result has the Dark Jak ability which allows you to cheese certain encounters
Much more 'dark and mature' with some edginess here and there
Large maze-like city which takes a few minutes to travel from end to end(no fast-travel). Memorizing the layout of the city helps greatly in your traversing of it
Jak 2 has notorious difficulty spikes your health never increases either unlike in 3. 4 hits and you're dead. health is scarce, 3 does not have any difficulty spikes that I can recall.
They both also include a NG+ called Hero Mode. Good luck getting past the drill platform turret mission on Hero Mode.
Orbs are much more rare and are used to unlock easter eggs, such as mirror world, big head mode, unlimited ammo and others.
The jet board is cool once you learn how to do tricks and earn speed boosts from it
Story is decent enough barring the bootstrap paradox which infuriates me honestly

Play 'em user. They're not bad as some people make them out to be

Attached: 1562473428410.gif (386x280, 3.13M)

Thanks anons, i'll give them a go, i liked 1 despite the flaws, the story, characters and world are good.

what bootstrap paradox?

>soundtrack
Something from 2 or 3.
>Level
Going from sand wastes to the main city blew my 7yr old mind
>Character
Kiera. She is just such a cutie.
>Quote
Probably "Hot Coffee" from JakX given that it's a direct reference to the controversial "Hot Coffee" scene from GTA that got everyone in such a craze.

The rift rider used to send young Jak back to the past Sandover at the end of Jak 2 is the literally the same vehicle that is found in the true ending of Jak 1. Not a duplicate, the same vehicle. The more it gets examined the less concrete certain plot points become. Nobody agrees on certain aspects of the story including who Jak really is among others

When was a rift rider found in Jak 1?

Collecting 100 power cells you get treated with this
youtube.com/watch?v=FPIaKzD_mmo
You don't see whats behind the gate for sequel bait but its the rift rider
youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4Z-1nlTc8

Attached: 1548494819579.gif (200x150, 1015K)

If naughty dog is making it still, none.

Sly Cooper > Jak and Daxter > Ratchet and Clank
Every time

put Ratchet and Clank where sly is and its fine

Remember Daxter on PSP? I kinda liked that

best game

>leotard
You what?

Ratchet and clank became shit past Deadlocked. The humor was so childish that even 12 years old me had difficulty swallowing it. Interactions between characters were so fucking dull. 1-4 is gold a must play. The planets all have some very interesting scenery and it's quite a solid make belief universe, before shit goes south in the latter entries. The comedy is fucking rich and the characters are quite likable in their banality.
Sly Cooper was quite repetitive because of the small amount of mechanics that were present in each stage(steal shit, hide, get the fuck out, enter next stage). Murky and turtle boy weren't good enough to compensate, even if I enjoyed knocking people a little with Murky as a 5 minute distraction. The comedy was very cliche and the only thing that slyfags ever talk about is foxgal's tits or something like that. I won't even bother talking about 1 because it was even more the case of stagnant mechanics that dragged too long. I honestly didn't play 3 because I never had the opportunity of finding it, but I presume that it's the same cliche scenario with furry pixar animal people. The constant ''night roads'' into dimly lit buildings atmosphere was quite boring.
Jak managed to stay fresh from 1 to 2, 1 was short enough to warrant the limited mechanics It had and 2 left you with just what you needed. Sure, Jak 1 to 3 had their ''Oh shit not this stuff'' stage, but It had a lot of ''Oh shit this is my jam stage''. I honestly replayed Jak 2 a month ago just because I remembered how good the temple of Mar stage was. 3 dragged its feets in the desert, but It still had very good platforming,although *some* weapons were redundant and others game breaking. The universe is quite intricate, the stages are fucking beautiful, from void vaginas to lustrous forests.
To top it off, I'm a french faggot, and Ratchet and Jak had quality and existing dubs whilst Sly didn't, so throughout my wall of autism, I declare that [Spoiler]Jak>=Ratchet and Clank>Sly Cooper

Attached: 1xokzp.jpg (1236x949, 178K)

>He didn't fly by pressing X and O repeatedly in Light Jak mode

Attached: 1553588139190.png (501x445, 205K)

>Murky
Its Murray

Attached: 1529451152091.gif (360x238, 1.43M)