Japs are trashing Yakuza 7's turn based combat

Japs are trashing Yakuza 7's turn based combat.

twitter.com/famitsu/status/1166955848783945728

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x900, 400K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY
strawpoll.me/18559789
youtube.com/watch?v=qAvcHwlxxIo
youtube.com/watch?v=noioqCv92hM
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=O6kZi4qFAAI
youtube.com/watch?v=2_w-3dyaU1k
youtu.be/6wHKysg4UWE
youtube.com/watch?v=rKdtO2HWWoc
youtube.com/watch?v=un8irRjLCmc
youtube.com/watch?v=pxTm9pVep7w
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone remind me why anyone cares about this shitty series in the first place?

The same reason your mom didn't just abort you.

>Japs are trashing change
FTFY

We don't care about the game
What we care about is what some random random japanese guy thinks about it on twitter.

>when the first post is worst post
cursed thread

you know this game is going to be massively successful and fun when Yea Forumseddit is already crying about the first trailer.

>YOU JUST DON'T LIKE CHANGE
This has never ever been a good excuse.

>MFW Japs are going through the same shit the West went through a decade ago and are starting to cannabalize themselves as they follow the leader and try to capitalize on the hype of Persona 5 and the JRPG renaissance.

Fucking Based. I can't wait till they have to go back to porting sidescrollers just to break even.

Attached: pFn7d32.jpg (559x556, 35K)

>game already has a dedicated doomposter
goty confirmed

You didn't even LOOK at the url did you?

Attached: concern.png (550x535, 198K)

Its reality not an excuse
Japan hates change
They love turn based in pokemon and DQ but they hate if you turn those game into action games
Just dont change shit up and they are happy

WHY!?!?! WHY DID THEY RUIN MY FAVORITE IP!!! THEY NEED TO KNOW OUR FURY. NOBODY BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT AND LET OUR BURNING FUCKING HATRED AND ANGER MAKE IT TO WHOEVER MAKES THESE GAMES. I WANT THEM TO KNOW WE ARE NOT FUCKING HAPPY. A NEW MAIN CHARACTER WAS BAD, BUT THIS? THIS IS A DOWNRIGHT CRIME.

This is a series with 16 fucking games all about the same god damn tired simple action combat with everyone on the street, with hundreds of hours that can be put into each and every single one of the titles, and ONE game deviating from the norm can somehow make fans pee pee their pants that a single one of the titles won't be "the way it's always always been forever", even if the creator has said that he'd go back if people didn't like it.

God, what having to work for these assholes must feel like.

What the FUCK re you talking about.

>but they hate if you turn those game into action games
No, Dragon Quest Heroes exist and pretty successful

Wait I thought this was an April Fools joke

>Its reality not an excuse
It objectively is. All it does is make you look like a fanboy. People liked this series for its beat em up combat and changing it into slow boring turn based rpg is gonna make people angry.
>They love turn based in pokemon and DQ but they hate if you turn those game into action games
Bullshit.

Persona 5 made turn based RPGS popular again. This is just them trying to capatalize on that while the Iron is hot. Can you not read trends?

Attached: BnUUh5KE.jpg (512x512, 29K)

>how dare you point out the reactions of japanese people! you're a doomposter!

Thats a spin off and not a main entry
Stop pretending to be retarded
This sis literally way of the dragon 7 a big fat main entry in the series

No because Im not excusing it Im explaining it, I dont even play this series
>People liked this series for its beat em up combat and changing it into slow boring turn based rpg is gonna make people angry.
So you agree with me? What the fuck dude
>Bullshit.
>he didn thear about the DQ9 possible being ction based huge ass reaction
hahaha

P5 didnt do that at all are you retarded turn based games have stayed popular all along fine without it

Holy shit I haven't used this image in a long time. Big news, dipshit, people know what a turn based rpg is like and they don't have to like it.

Attached: 1447029274511.jpg (802x437, 84K)

>They love turn based in pokemon and DQ but they hate if you turn those game into action games
>Bullshit.
Who the FUCK wants Pokemon that lays nothing like Pokemon? Just make an action spin-off if you're going to change ho the entire game fucking works.

While I prefer glorious turn based combat over shitty brainless button mashing 3D brawler combat, what the fuck were they fucking thinking?

You're lame

Turn based rpgs were never not popular in japan

sure, they don't have to hate it either

Sorry OP but the dislike bar on the trailer tells another tale

youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY

How does their all out attack look like?

No, they don't have to like it. But they don't have to think that one single game that deviates from the norm instantly spells doom for their favourite franchise which is pretty much the Call of Duty of japan, reusing assets like a motherfucker and dropping a new title every year.

it's not an "excuse" in this case, japan actually doesn't like drastic genre changes unless it's a spinoff. remember how mad they were when dqix was originally going to be action-based instead of turn-based?
honestly, the backlash will probably dissipate if sega just removes the number 7 from the title and treats the game like a spinoff, like they're already doing in the west.

please, anyone who fucking loves these games as much as I do knows that they FUCKED UP. Your ass is lame if you can't see this. /vp/ would shit their pants if the formula for pokemon was changed or if fucking dragon quest was changed to how star ocean plays THEY TOO would lose their shit. This reaction is normal.

Well duh, the trailer doesn't show the fucking gameplay.

>call of duty of japan
It's better than call of duty. They make improvements every game except this one. It's a straight down grade. There is no reason for turn based RPGs to exist in this day of age. It's not real gameplay.

>Thats a spin off and not a main entry
The fuck does that matter you dishonest fuck? People liked it meaning you're objectively wrong, who cares if it's a "mainline" entry or not? That's literally semantics in this argument.
>No because Im not excusing it Im explaining it
People liked the changes Yakuza 0 brought like the 8 combat styles, real estate and cabaret club management. People don't like things that they already don't like, they were fans of this series because it WASN'T turn based.
>>he didn thear about the DQ9 possible being ction based huge ass reaction
People love DQ Heroes, meaning you're objectively wrong.
>b-b-but it's a spinoff so it doesn't count because uh...I say so!
The people who like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

You are a fuckig retard never reply to me again.

They do though?
>nstantly spells doom for their favourite franchise
Who said anything about that? They just don't like _this game_, that's all the matters here. So why are you complaining if you're apparently ok with them not liking it?

>it's not an "excuse" in this case
see

it's weird, they've like alienated their entire playerbase. people come to yakuza to play a brawler not a jrpg

>shit, he got me! better insult him! that'll totally not make me look like a sore loser!

good, they need to know what they did is their most retarded choice to date.

EVERYONE send a furious email to these shitstains and let them know we aren't happy. Find their emails, twitters, anything. Once we do, we need to write them what horrors they have caused. Bomb their emails

Tbh, after playing all the games, you lose all the adrenaline feeling there is if they go forward with this turn based combat... what makes it fun is being able to do what you want and the action that follows in the games. And to make yakuza with a different character.. should jus make a spinoff not continue the series after 6...

sounds super neat
hope it comes to PC

With a release date this close it's happening for sure.

>Perzuka Sixven

they still need to be aware of the global pissery they've caused.

Can't wait for this game. The turn based combat is gonna be a fun change.

Based retard

They will judge by sales number

There's not liking it and then there's saying it's going to be objectively bad based on the literal SECONDS of gameplay we have to go off of.

I am not inherently against the idea, but that picture looks like trash. They should have overhauled the visual style of the game if they wanted to go turn based. It looks like a fucking fan mock up

Because moviegames are ok when weebs like them.

Seriously why would anyone care, the combat system in this series is fucking atrocious

>The people who like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.
Good thing they have a series of them to play, then.

We don't need to change how the RPGs play completely, what the fuck? Again, may as well make an action spin-off if you want to make an entirely new and different game.

>those literally whos
disgusting

true

They are about to lose their core fanbase, so they trade longevity for quickies.

live gameplay

Attached: 1567109504769.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

Nobody buy this garbage. It's turn based bullshit. Vote with your wallet.

strawpoll.me/18559789

Attached: 1554379656360.png (807x631, 464K)

Who are you responding to? People don't like turn based combat, that's all.

rip the CURRAAAAAAAZY combat of yakuza series

Core fanbase are japanese fujos who buy it for the guys, not for gameplay.

>wanting entire genre shifts in main entry games

Attached: 1567013857850.jpg (651x551, 141K)

If its like Chrono Trigger, with moving around the environment giving you potentially more targets on attacks then its a pretty cool system.

>Good thing they have a series of them to play, then.
Are you dumb? It's proof that they can accept change. Meaning "durr they just don't like change!" is not and never ever will be a valid excuse. What's happening here is that people don't want Yakuza to turn into a turn based rpg because they don't like that kind of gameplay and preferred the real time action beat em up the series was known for, simple as that.

Yes. And there's also people saying that this will be a bad game because of it, not that it will be a game that they just don't like.

I was hoping it would look something like Grandia but this footage makes it look too basic

>Doom guy enters
>Epic doom guy music begins
>Demons show up
>You are about to smash the living shit out of them
>Turn based RPG overlay shows up

Attached: 1440159320343.png (221x286, 107K)

Dead Souls is a Yakuza spinoff and people hated that game. Meaning just calling it a spinoff doesn't magically make people be ok with shit they don't like.

There's no problem here. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you do then buy it. Personally I will be skipping any turn-based Yakuza games.

People hated that game for it's poor performance and bad camera. Game itself was pretty good.

waiting till tgs to actually form an opinion.
the story stuff looks cool, ichiban looks fun, and i'm happy that the game seems to be centred around an entirely new city, but there isn't enough gameplay for me to say whether i like/hate the direction, so at most i'm just worried.

imagine looking for validation on Twitter

This feels just so bizarre to me.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the idea, and it can turn out to be pretty cool. But... just making the combat turn-based seems like such a weird direction for series.
It feels like this is something you'd wanna keep in a spin-off, or in a side-game mode. Not as the thing for the next mainline game in the series. Especially when they just finished making a new system in Yakuza 6. They got to use Dragon Engine in what, two games? And now they are ditching it?
I'm still gonna buy and play this though. The story looks hell of a lot more fun and interesting than Y6 was.

holy fuck that looks terrible

>Game itself was pretty good.
it was extremely fucking mindless compared to the main series, and the controls sucked doo doo.

>turning a beat em up into a turn based persona ripoff
okay what kind of drugs were they on and how do I get some?

this is like turning Gran Turismo into platformer.

And there's nothing wrong with that, after all, it's an opinion. Very different from you dishonestly claiming that people were saying "objectively". People know Yakuza fans like the beat em up gameplay and not slow boring turn based rpgs.

Imagine the random encounters, they were already tedious, now imagine them 10 times slower because of the turn based combat.

If the spin off was good, it would print money.
Pulling a 180 in your MAIN franchise is stupid as fuck.

Is that menu for switch personas?

>Are you dumb? It's proof that they can accept change
Who is "they"?

No, fans of the RPGs probably don't want them to completely change. Buying and playing spin-offs doesn't mean
>Yes, make the mainline games JUST like this!
How the hell did you draw that conclusion? I don't give a shit about Mystery Dungeon, I want the turn-based RPGs to stay turn-based RPGs.

>Game itself was pretty good.
Hahahaha what the fuck?
That's a different argument than the one we're having. i.e that people are defending this by saying that "people just hate change!" or that "it'd be okay if they called it a spinoff!".

>Ichiban looks cool
>acts like Rikiya but way retarded
>dresses like Akiyama
>his 80s version seems like Kiryu
>another prison tale like Kiryu and Saejima
It seems reashed ideas and all mixed together from every fucking Yakuza. I cant wait until he goes full Majima too

>Hahahaha what the fuck?
Nice argument

>And there's nothing wrong with that, after all, it's an opinion.

Cool. Then I'll exercise my own opinion, that it's too early to tell if it'll be bad and that a lot of people, including the japs, are being unnecessarily reactionary. You don't have to like it, and I can say that I'm allowed to like the idea of it. I'll also keep reminding people that we'll get more games like Judgment in the future.

>it's too early to tell if it'll be bad and that a lot of people, including the japs, are being unnecessarily reactionary

It doesn't matter if the turn-based combat is good, the franchise was not build to be turn-based and more importantly the fans that you've accumilated all this years aren't attracted to turn-based combat.

It's like nintendo announcing a Super Mario FPS game..it's just stupid.

KEK

>Who is "they"?
The people complaining about the change.
>How the hell did you draw that conclusion?
You were defending the side that says that japs simply don't like change, when Yakuza 0 changed plenty of things and spinoffs have both been hated or liked, meaning it's not "change" people dislike, it's "bad change".

Resident Evil 4 and 7 is your proof that you can change the gameplay and still be praised massively.

>Cool. Then I'll exercise my own opinion, that it's too early to tell if it'll be bad and that a lot of people
Okay? Who said anything against that? This argument was about you straight up lying about what people were saying to make them look bad. Also, see again. If people don't like turn based rpgs, why should they like this, especially if it's being done to a series they like BECAUSE it's not like that?

Hey man if you like it, more power to you, I'm not gonna try to convince you.

sounds based desu

Attached: 26.png (800x600, 228K)

That's a roguelike, not a jrpg. Incidentally the actual turn-based doom game that's on phones is mediocre as fuck.

unironically a good game

It's my opinion the game won't be shit, like the image says. A lot of the "don't like it" crowd also opine that Yakuza won't have the old combat style anymore too, it's completely based on nothing and even contradictory.

And I'm not lying about shit, jackass. see that thread has a lot of posts saying it's going to be a shit game. If you're hung up because I said "objectively," use your brain. There's, literally speaking, no such thing. I'm using it in the colloquial sense that it's so bad it may as well be fact.

has anyone noticed that ichiban looks like an amerimutt?

Attached: ichiban muttt.png (500x780, 453K)

What about Nintendo announcing a Super Mario RPG game? or sports game? or kart racer?

You're getting too hung up on the "7" in the title. The developers have already stated they want to do more games like Judgment, so the action combat system will return.

Attached: ichiban mutt.png (1034x595, 571K)

>how you want your combat?
just fuck my shit up

The Jap comments are pure gold.

>Is this the real Yakuza of the End? (JP title for Dead Souls)
>Seems like a 2980 yen bargain bin after a month title (2980 yen effectively means 50% off)
>Another god game (god game is basically jap memeword equivalent of kino) turns into a kusoge (shit game)
>Probably because Persona is selling well worldwide that's why it was Persona-like UI and gameplay, seems it will bomb and the series will finally be dead
>Why is this even a numbered mainline title? Should've made Judge Eyes 2. My favourite Dragon is dead
>Like a Dragon that fucked everything up - Ichiban Kusoge
>What is with this battle system? Do you even want to make good games ever again?
>Huh? So this is a mobile game right?
>Seems like another company is the new Konami
>Goodbye Like a Dragon, it's been fun. I'll just keep replaying the old games instead.
>Can't help but say goodbye Like a Dragon. Even if the Dragon Engine wasn't shit and it isn't since it's like 80% done, the system looks like some smartphone game
>If you have time to do this, do Black Panther 3 instead
>I'm a long term fan since the first gen originals. Was excited to get a real sequel but then I saw it's a command battle and I dropped that shit to hell. Who do you think you are trying to peddle this to Like a Dragon audience? Do you want to just start over?
>Like a Dragon with no action
>At least remove the number if you call it Like a Dragon. Kiryu-chan is the only main Dragon
>Yep, shit (lit. "feces"). Quality "awareness".
>I was going to buy it but this isn't action, it's an RPG? Even the characters are from the mobile game, I'm very sad
>Never played this series but why is it an RPG and not an Action game? Why is it Persona? Is it because of SEGA?
>So you want to kill the Like a Dragon franchise? Fix that battle system. Now.
>It started getting shady with 5. 5 fucked up the story and 7 throws the action away. How far do you think you can go in breaking the Dragon?
>Way to fuck up the game systems

>I understand this feeling so well. Old Dragon was a god game. Was thrilled by the new game but now I feel horribly betrayed
>The public atmosphere difference from last year's Judge Eyes announcement is amazing ;_;
>This is the worst in history (i assume he menas series). Like a Dragon is dead. If you're a Dragon Quest type person then you can get excitement, long battles, good story. This is just a continuation of the April Fools, the game being like Dragon Quest was actually a lie. A series you knew and understood (can't quite make this one out). Why? Dead and not worth buying.

it's not an excuse, it's an accurate explanation for why you act like a faggot

What?

>played one Yakuza game
>already got pretty tired of it
>there are people who have played every game in this franchise without noticing how repetitive and homogeneous it is
>even the devs got tired of it before the fans did

Attached: 1563593376049.jpg (377x387, 15K)

Black Panther was a PSP spinoff series.
Great games, but never translated.
youtube.com/watch?v=qAvcHwlxxIo

>Zoomers dont know about Doom RPG on the phone

>Like a Dragon that fucked everything up - Ichiban Kusoge

Attached: 1558136752182.gif (256x192, 110K)

It's even better when you know "Ichiban" means "Number One". Basically "Number One Shit".

>Should've made Judge Eyes 2
Is Judgement worth playing? I havent really looked into it.

It's the only Dragon Engine game worth playing but don't even bother if you don't have PS4 Pro because it goes into low 10s FPS in certain situations on regular PS4.

Sakura Taisen becomes action rpg.
Yakuza turns turned based rpg.

Attached: 8FD7627F-8C82-4E2A-B07B-361F341CA738.jpg (579x360, 20K)

That is good, changing the genre at the 7th installment of a known brawler game is atrocious.

>without noticing how repetitive and homogeneous it is

Never happened. For me, I played all of them as they came out. And there was certainly plenty of time to catch up between the release of Dead Souls and 5.

It looks and sounds amazing. Taking the series in a new direction is exactly what it needs. Nagoshi is still directing anyway.
Seething retards can play one of the 500 yakuza games already available that have real time combat if they want that shit so bad.
>popular again
They were always popular. Even in the west shit like bravely default sold very well. And do you live in a cave? ever heard of fucking pokemon?

>just play the old games you already played lol
Why does npc think this is a valid argument? Hey if you love turn-based so much just go play the old jrpg you already played lol xd

Retard.

What? No it isn't. The old Java2me corridor RPG was fucking great. Carmack coded it himself too.

Pikmin and Paper Mario drifted from the norm and now they’re dead in the water.

WTF, the April Fools joke looked better than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=noioqCv92hM

Will this even be out over here before the PS5.

so is it like Valkyrie Profile?

Japs have severe autism, and cannot handle change.

Saku what? Talk up weep we dont know your shitty games.

It says 2020, so probably. I don't think we'll see PS5 until very late 2020.

wasnt that the same footage they revealed during april first?

>Ichiban Kusoge
I don't even give that much of a fuck that it's going turn-based since I'm not a zoomer and can respect their choices, but holy shit, this is gold

Attached: 1547929978996.jpg (500x375, 29K)

I can't think of anyone who's actually happy about it. It's a fucking brawler series why would you turn it into Final Fantasy? The only way this makes sense is if Sega is retarded and demanded Yakuza be Persona or RGG Studios is sick of the series and is intentionally trying to destroy it.

I fucking wish

Attached: 33.606a.webm (720x540, 2.98M)

Samefagging but the only other way this makes sense is if Sega went "YAKUZA'S TOO HARD FOR NORMALFAGS (even though it's not hard) TURN IT INTO A MOBAGE".

Who gives a fuck what nips think? The most popular game there is Dragon Quest, a series that specifically goes out of its way to not innovate for them because any changes causes them to shit their pants.

Would you be happy if DMC became Persona or Kingdom Hearts? Turning Final Fantasy into shitty action games killed that series and nobody was happy with trying to turn Dynasty Warriors (say whatever you want about the series) into a fucking open world game. People pick up a certain series expecting certain things and turning a brawler into a turn-based RPG is not it. It's just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen a company do.

I love the series but I'm not paying $60 for a turn-based mobage on PS4.

I'm happy and looking forward to play it

Let's make Persona 6 into Gears of War. DMC6 should also be a walking simulator. If you don't like it you don't like change and need to seethe more.

There's literally nothing wrong with changing things if they end up being fun. Stop being a binary retard.

>Great story
>Likeable characters
>Good gameplay
>Fucktons of enjoyable side stuff
>Memes
>Manly men doing weeby shit

Honestly, Yakuza is such unique and rich series and I only knew what I was missing 2 months ago

>turn-based
>fun

What exactly does まとめ mean here?

>just start gaining some recognition worldwide
>change the genre completely

Attached: 1567070345720.jpg (1080x1042, 187K)

>good gameplay
Cmon now

not him, but yes it can still be enjoyable, but you'll find that there are fans of yakuza who don't like turnbased combat, and they end up feeling alienated, even if the game turns out great.
imagine if dragon quest made the next main series entry a beat em up. therre would be massive outrage from fans who played the series because it was turnbased.
you're basically alienating a portion of your core fanbase.

>being this much of a brainlet

Not enough flashy bits to keep you interested kiddo?

>Let's make Persona 6 into Gears of War
Better than the trash from the past. why not?

Good.

games were only turn based because of hardware limitations. Now some games are trying to cash in on the "retro" feel by going back to those archaic systems.

Problem is the modern gamer aka me and every one under 23 absolutely hates retroshit. Real time is the future.

You want turn based? Go back and play that old crap on nes and shit. Don't bring that crap to modern games.

Attached: 1547296991257.jpg (314x200, 31K)

>Make new game called Judgment which is just yakuza
>Make Yakuza a completely new game

Attached: 1559836522893.jpg (540x261, 15K)

bait

>let's change the combat system of the 7th game in the mainline series
>wtf why are people upset

I LIKE turn-based RPGs. think this would work for a spin-off Yakuza game. This doesn't fuck work for a mainline game. I don't play a numbered Yakuza game for turn-based combat.

Who gives a fuck if it's mainline or spinoff? That's literally just semantics at this point. They don't even call it Yakuza 7 in the west anyway, pretend it's a spinoff and stop shitting yourself.

>who cares

fans?
at this rate I'm now more interested in Judgment 2

when even Japan hates your game, you've fucked up

You WILL play this new turnbased game and you will like it bitch boy

Doom 2 RPG and Wolfenstein RPG are among the best phone games ever.

itt: oldtypes whose souls are unable to adapt outside earths gravity

>muh cursed!!1!!
you have to go back to twitter

Japan buys this shit less and less every year and just cry about kiryu, they are irrelevant

Anyone that doesn't follow vidya will get pissed off. You play yakuza 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 and get the same shitty gameplay. Then you play 7 and it's a totally different fucking game.

The kind of people who play Yakuza games are probably the same kind who actually research their shit, this isn't like the mouthbreathers who eat up Madden and COD every year without so much as a glance.

>Ichiban's supposed to replace kiryu after he got milked dry
Go drop a colony on someone.

Same reason /vp/ cares about what nips think about the state of Pokemon. Japanese devs only listen to Japanese fans.

Some people don't like researching shit due to how easy it is to get spoiled

Does sakura wars look bad?

Same reason shit taste faggot like you dislike it, kys and fuck off back to /r/eddit

I'm happy because they already said they're going to do more games like Judgment. I'm happy to see how they pull off a JPRG while I also anticipate what comes after Judgment

oh boy i sure cannot wait for getting into 4 minute long fight sequences every 2 minutes while doing side missions
seriously i like some jrpgs but the fact that random fights last so fucking long is cancer to keeping the game interesting, especially the ones that have overly long unskippable animations when casting spells and shit, which looks like this game is overflowing in

im a new fan of yakuza, played 0 and then went back to ps2 and 3 to play rest of the series and this kills my interest in this game
there's a new JRPG released probably every single week of the year, and there are very few beatem ups that are real games made by real companies

>pretend it's a spinoff
Do I also pretend that the main series fucking died then

Some people like movie games

Name 10 JRPGs released in the last 2 months

Didn't know it had turn based combat. Now I'm really intrigued because I'm autistic and love turn based combat.

Judgement is probably going to be the new yakuza.

It's not devil may cry, but the combat system has a decent depth to it as long you are willing to explore, especially in Yakuza 0. Yeah, you can mash your way through, but this apply to every fighting game.

Considering it's the elevens that are the main customers for the series I'd assume Sega would care.

I like turn based games, but as also a beat'em up fan, this a great loss, how many decent beat'em ups with a decent production value are there?

>Japs hate changes
What a revelation. More news at 11

I'll call it a Yakuza spinoff, but it's not worthy of having 7 in the title.

Well i love Yakuza and i love turn-based combat, just sign me up

Yakuza games started having garbage gameplay once they changed to the Dragon engine anyway

>this is a great loss
Not really, everyone seems to be ignoring that the devs themselves had said that if the fans don't like the change they'll go back to the old style for the next title.

Copying from the other thread. Why don't you people read or think for a minute before jumping on the bandwagon.

Already confirmed they'll go back to it if people really dislike turn based. Not to mention that they want Judgment to become its own series and that'll still have normal combat. Worst case scenario (or would it be best case scenario?) they work on 3 series: Yakuza action, Yakuza JRPG and Judgment.

Yea Forums is kill

yeah im sure working on 3 games at once will turn out great for them

>Already confirmed they'll go back to it if people really dislike turn based.
Considering the elevens are pretty furious over this I'd say they have their answer already.

Who said they'll work on all 3 of them at once though? They can work on 1-2 like they've been doing up till now. The mainline series would still be action with the exception of 7. They've already worked on Judgment alongside Yakuza 7 and the remasters.

Isn't that obvious? No game developer would keep doing games if no one buys them.

That doesn't mean you need to accept everything quietly while waiting another 2 or 3 years.

Finally get a new city and they fuck it up with shitty turn based combat. How the fuck did they even make this decision.

We got bored of doing turn-based games for mainline Dragon Quest, so Dragon Quest XII will be an FPS. Please understand.

Interesting. Already looks better than any game in this engine up until now. Even Judgment was clunky shit.

I'm cautiously optimistic so I'm going to sit this out desu. Even if you whine here it won't do jack shit, your best bet is twitter or their youtube channel. Either way, Japs are way more autistic than most anons here and they throw tantrums like no one else when they dislike something so it's not like you have to do much.

Who are the people that keep pushing this meme that Yakuza games are cinematic movie games?

>Yakuza
Where's Kiryu?

Finally get a new city and they fuck it up with shitty turn based combat. How the fuck did they even make this decision.
Still hoping it's just a extra mode

And you are missing the point of 7 being a main game that has been turned into a jrpg instead of this being a spin-off.
They made a big shit with Kiryu retiring, how there would be a new protag for the last 2 years and this new protag had backstory before the main game. And then this happens which is why people are pissed

Dont worry. They will reuse the assets of that city for the next games, that's what they always do.

Finally gone and laid to rest unless z00mers start complaining and want him back for the nth time.

gone
like he should've been after 2

What the fuck, its turn based? That's a weird change, for sure.

>why are people mad that their favorite series switched genres for no reason
>obviously it must be because they don't like change
are you niggers serious

>great story
>good gameplay
lol

It's a movie game but Japanese so Yea Forums likes it.

I am somewhat hopeful they do something with the combat, especially for multi-phase boss fights. I can't see them being able to capture the magic of the previous game's bosses.

From what they showed, enemies and your party will move around in the environment which is kinda like what Chrono Trigger did. Getting bigger hits waiting for 2 enemies to be next to each other, which is probably when you can do Heat moves

I thought the turn based combat was like a mini-game or side thing? Is that wrong?

Turn based is a pretty strange change for Yakuza, thats for sure. It looks so goofy with that realistic art style. Plus, I have 0 faith in Sega making a good jrpg.

why is it yakuza 7?
I bet nobody would complain if they called it something else
hell it could have even been
Yakuza: (subtitle)

but calling it 7 and changing the genre to an rpg is bound to piss people off

>It looks so goofy with that realistic art style
i don't think this is an issue since the combat, and side activities tend to go off the wall most of the time.

>dqix was going to be action based
>whiny jap purists got it changed back into turn based shit
GODDAMIT IT WHY CAN'T I HAVE ANYTHING GOOD IN THIS WORLD

>tfw Japanese are triggered so they'll review bomb it no matter what even if the game turns out to be decent
Can't wait for even more shitposting when it comes out in Japan.

>devs like Dragon Quest
>make main character like Dragon Quest
>forget about the development of Dragon Quest IX and try to change core combat of a long beloved series

Fuck. Just realized that that means it'll be harder to find and recognize genuine jap reviews.

>literally the same copy pasted map for almost every game in the series
>absolutely braindead combat
I really couldn't tell you.

Holy shit, japanese gamers are such entitled childs.

Goofy is different than bizarre. Yakuza always had lots of comedy, but turn based feels...uncanny with a realistic style.

Its going to be called Yakuza: Like a Dragon

what an original post

ok

More like Yikeskuza

Japs didn't like it? Aren't they the ones that like turn based the most?

they might be changing it, since they deleted the trailer with that title.
one of the localizers said they're still working on a name.

The button mashing was already borderline turn-based combat anyway.

Good, its a stupid change. Nobody plays Yakuza because they want a shitty JRPG.

The combat needed to change, but instead of gaming the combat better they changed it something even more basic and shit.

According to Nagoshi that's the main gameplay and they'll "change it back in the next one" if people don't like it. Jap fans are their main customer base and they, to a person, seem pretty pissed so I think even doing that is a risk. They should honestly just scrap what they have and/or delay it and rework it as a brawler. If they HAVE to have a "party" then they should just make the others AI partners you can give simple commands to.

More like Yikeskuza

test

retard

lol
test

>another cuck MC who goes to prison for someone else

oh boy

I'm down with the change. I'd like to see what they do with it.

someone should make a poll

>mfw turnBASEDchads win again
Cry more dunkeycucks

Attached: 1535465857457.jpg (500x498, 48K)

Persona fags are actually delusional holy shit, did you maybe forget about another influental rpg series that sells gangbusters in japan, a certain franchise thats fucking namedropped in the press release for this god damn game.

What do you expect in a world where botw is held up as a masterpiece and RDR2 sold a zillion copies.

wasn't this thing an April Fools thing? They're really going to make the game turn based?
I know about the Yakuza series and only played portions of one of them on PS3, sell me on playing the entire series.

Seethe, you weeaboo shit.

These characters look so cool!!!! Im glad Akiyama and Saejima died for these epic looking characters looook

Attached: 1567061105624.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

Not in FFVII, though.

Why do they all look like One Piece characters?

The reception on Japanese boards I've been to is largely positive. Yea Forums is way too obsessed with the vocal minority on twitter.

>buy Atlus
>steal their UI

Hope it's like Legend of Legaia where you have combos for your attacks. Anyone remember that?

whyd they change it?

these looks like one of those phone ads for a Chinese zombie survival game

It's a movie game with shit gameplay that use to have a cuck protagonist unironically raising his waifus daughter. Only it's made by nips, so nu/v/ pretends it's kino.

Attached: 1562265008507.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

Enjoy your 1/12 of a game. That'll be $69.99 plus tip please.

But you do know that DQ IX also originally had an action combat system?
People lost their shit over it and thy reworked the battle system to make it turn-based again.
Proof if you don't believe me: youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=O6kZi4qFAAI

I’m going to buy two copies to negate your boycot

>Japs
Yeah sure. Every faggot ass cuck white boy knows weebanese and has their entire weebanese persona twitter profile like the faggots they are.

It's a spiritual successor to River City Ransom, a game zoomies have never played.

Attached: 220px-River_City_Ransom-front.jpg (220x310, 35K)

They are good games, not perfect, but enjoyable. Though, they may be a bit too "videogamey" for western audiences since it has things like final bosses and whatnot.

Thank you sir, when can I expect to pay 69.99 for the persona 5 royal, the game I should have received 3 years ago?

it looks better than this at least, the combat looks like a generic musou game with mechs which is really shit, but thats also a much smaller part of the game and the rest of it looks fine. With this its basically taking the main focus of the franchise and removing it.

Devil May Cry 6 will be a point and click adventure game, and Mortal Kombat 12 will be a visual novel. You heard it here first.

Japs love turn based, I'm quite sure it will sell well in Japan. The brand new western fan base that they were gathering, may take a hit.

Did the same thing happened to FF when they introduced ATB system

Is Persona 5 the only turn-based game zoomzooms have heard of?

Sounds fun

So whats the power fantasy in beating up thugs with power of FRIENDSHIP?

>Yakuza
>Too videogamey
fuckin lel

Turn based combat? Different map? New characters? What the fuck, I wanted to play the same game for the 13th time.

Man, I feel bad for yakuza fans, imagine having a series that just up and decides to regress its gameplay to the fucking nes era for no reason.

Who knows fellow goyim, they'll buy the game full price regardless so what does it matter though?

FF7 before that.

>make April Fools video
>fans: "wow that's cool I'd play that!"
>make it a reality
>fans: "N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK RPGS FUCK TURN BASED IT'S NOT FAAAAAAIR I WANTED TO PLAY THE EXACT SAME GAME FOR THE TENTH TIME"
This is why you never listen to your fans

Attached: 1560149109726.jpg (1193x679, 167K)

Turn based? More like unbased

Attached: 1553711788196.jpg (623x702, 177K)

there's a reason why Dragon quest is the exact fucking game from 32 years ago with just little perks, nips hates changes.

Guaranteed the faggos whining about this are 0fags

It looks kind of fun tho
youtube.com/watch?v=2_w-3dyaU1k

funny AND true

Yakuza's combat was never stellar
I mean I like it, but it wasn't a highlight of the game

So I'm open to this idea

>dude lets turn a beatemup into a turn based rpg
>slows the pace of the gameplay to an utter crawl.
>"NOOOOOO STOP COMPLAINING YOU JUST DON'T WANT ANY CHANGE AT ALL!"
Imagine some of those hype as fuck opening scenes to boss fights the series is known for, and then they just stand there and do nothing while your party members spawn out of thin air and you select commands from a menu.
This is gonna be a disaster.

Attached: 1561086953218.png (720x489, 422K)

What about new map, new characters, better combat and same genre?

Would you like a new racing simulator Zelda? Now what about a better Zelda that actually plays as a Zelda game?

>wow that's cool I'd play that!"

where

I'm fine with different characters and a new city and I think most are as well. It's turning it into a turn-based RPG that's the issue.

That >10% dislike is pretty high.

>Amon superboss
>just dabs on u with every status ailment possible
Yeah gonna be fun.

You're retarded if you think this video is representative of the gameplay.

Literally everywhere when the April Fools video dropped
Of course now we're going to all pretend that that never happened

I didn't read the press release; was it really inspired by DQ?

burden of proof is on you

I sure am going to miss the fast paced combat of pushing the triangle button to watch a 10 second heat action animation.

They should have ended the franchise instead, they've produced too much of the same shit already and you retards keep buying it

They were obviously joking...

If you show something ridiculous and absurd as a joke, obviously everyone will say "Wow, awesome, I would love that!".

Now show the same thing as a serious plan and the reactions would be totally different.

Do you really want me to go screencap a bunch of YouTube comments and forum posts just for your bitch ass? How about spending twenty seconds on google nignog.

Yeah good thing you can press X a lot while you and your party members walk circles around your enemies until you start a 6 second attack.

Imagine lying about this lmao. The boards are pissed too, faggot.

it's a monumentally retarded move to change the core gameplay of a longstanding series. if you wanted to try something "new" like that, should have made it a spinoff and not a mainline. I can't think of a single example of this that has ever been widely successful, except for maybe Final Fantasy Online 2.

That's exactly why you don't listen to your retarded fans
They don't know what the fuck they want

>no source

cool

>April's Fools
Not anymore

They wont though when its starting to become popular in the West after several years.

>criticism has to be original
what fucking retarded logic is this? If anything the criticism being commonplace signals that it's actually a problem.

Please posts the comments that said "from now on I want the entire yakuza series to be only this and no more brawling combat". Many would like to play a turn based Zelda game. That doesn' t mean the entire franchise should become that.

>"what does it matter if it's a spinoff or a main entry?"
>proceeds to list nothing but spinoffs
lol

Turn based is fine, but with a realistic art style it looks just wrong, it simply doesn't fit at all.

Have they announced games after 7 that are also going to be turn based?

>Nah
>Nope
>No
>Filler
>Cringe
>Super cringe

Remind me why people like Yakuza again?

Many game series have had massive changes to their core gameplay over the years, you're just a fucking zoomer whose only experience in gaming is fucking Fortnite and maybe that "golden age of gaming" thing called Modern Warfare.

a
As a white piggu, bring it to PC and I'll buy two. I fucking love turn based combat.
Thought it doesn't really seem to fit the series, if I'm being honest.

epic post

>That doesn' t mean the entire franchise should become that.
Good thing it isn't then seeing as they're still making Judgement-style games

Because devs can't understand sarcasrm?

Test

Wait this is actually happening?
I thought this image was a joke.

No. They said they'd go back to action if people don't like this one.

Test

>epic post

epic sauce

A simple solution would be DON'T CALL IT YAKUZA 7

Learn how to use google zoomy

Going to post the comments faggot?
Only if this one fails

lmao go fuck yourself

Shit, meant doesn't fail

>I can't think of a single example of this that has ever been widely successful, except for maybe Final Fantasy Online 2.
RE4 arguably?

Why are you just gonna ignore the metric shit ton of gameplay?

Oh wait, you've never played it.

The fact that it feels like a joke for so many just proves how weird this decision is.

Doesn't mean the game will be bad, but doesn't make much sense either, it feel pretty much of a "just because" decision.

the characters literally mention Dragon Quest in game

RE4 was still a survival shooting zombie game. Well barely survival, but you still had to manage your resources.

Back when QTEs were novel. Siiiip, those were the days.

More like Yikeskuza

I love watching the you guys try to shit on Yakuza calling it a movie game or say people would hate it if it was western but nobody actually buys your garbage lmao
we know you're not natural it just makes the western devs that paid you to do this look dumber

Attached: 1519431258925.gif (320x230, 566K)

Why officially show a cool cinematic while removing from youtube every single video showing the new gameplay?

If they want to change the gameplay so drastically, that should be their focus when announcing the game.

Attached: yakuza7.jpg (320x180, 10K)

>475993035
dumbass normalfag

I really hope party members can just be randos you recruit, it's allow for the silliness of the side content to spill over into the main story, and also make side content alot more rewarding

Well on the brightside, since I still have to go through the whole series, I don't have to worry about being disappointed for a while.

That would be pretty cool.

There won't be a wait. They'll make another Judgment before the next mainline game for sure.

Kill yourself retards

This is 100% one of those cases where everyone is flipping their shit but when it comes out everyone is going to love it

Am i the only one that isn't particularly bothered that much by this, i play both action and turn based games and i enjoy both genres

Its dead

It's like they knew it would be bashed. Or they are still trolling hard and that's some huge mini-game, or have a background plan with dragon engine in any case

>tfw there will be shitons of dlc for previous main characters, villains, amons, date, like clan creator

i think i t can work, just looks like shit with the engine they use

It'd be even better if you get a party of randos to back you up from time to time, and actually be useful backup.

The retarded stuff they use in the side quests just stays there, the actual story will never be contaminated by it.

I like this formula, because you can have a good laugh when you want by doing side quests, but can go into some manly badass stuff when you proceed in the main story.

There is nothing fun about no name random npc that don't fucking matter being part of the main story. You want this to be a jrpg yet you don't want make a jrpg fun in the first place. JRPG need good party members that matter and are important to the story.

Why do they all look like One Piece characters?

they don't?

Because they look silly?

>this entire reveal in a nutshell

Attached: 0u5clNe.webm (960x540, 2.35M)

subs

youtu.be/6wHKysg4UWE

more like pic related

Attached: 1562346245241231.png (1246x643, 1.42M)

I've noticed that ever since Yakuza 0 the Yakuza series has attracted a bunch of players that are VERY easy to please -- in other words, the Reddit crowd.
I used to be able to discuss the series with nuance, but then Yakuza 0 came out and criticisms couldn't be expressed, even if as the whole my impressions are positive. It's why I stay out of Yakuza threads now, they went down the drain 2 years ago.

>Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Is that the Eng title?

>while removing from youtube every single video showing the new gameplay?
wait, they're actually doing this?
that's confusing as fuck if that's the case.

They released games too frankly which made the franchise age fast. This is why 3-5 are usually seen as the worst in the series.

>just like Dragon Quest

Attached: uguu.jpg (1080x604, 98K)

don't know.
SEGA uploaded it briefly but took it down, so they might still be working it out.

>good gameplay

Attached: bjean.jpg (259x194, 12K)

That's what I'm fucking saying, it's like it Itsuno and friends announced DMC 6 is going to be a driving sim like why?.... I just hope this doesn't re-kill Yakuza in the west

Attached: 1556488876772m.jpg (1024x575, 79K)

Yep. Weird that they aren't numbering it like Japan.

I can imagine them putting in random shit like Onomichio or that chicken real estate manager from 0. But it wouldn't affect the story. The main party would still be the ones in cutscenes, but gameplay could be whacky shit.

>People are mad that their favorite series switched genres AND looks to be doing a subpar attempt at that genre
>u gaiz don like change!!!

yup

it will

>I hate movie games! I need to be constantly mashing buttons to be entertained because I have the undeveloped mentality of a child!

it's not official

>They're still putting combat in the Yakuza games
Why though?

Attached: singlemom.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Missed the gameplay video. Apparently they are taken down now.. Was it bad, or just different?

really different, but there's not a lot to go on.
it was just 2 characters doing jrpg styled attacks.

I'm a turned based fag so it's pretty weird seeing the reverse of what usually happens.

just watch the april fools video again and you'll get the basic gist of it. it's pretty much the same thing
youtube.com/watch?v=rKdtO2HWWoc

wrong video fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=un8irRjLCmc

>WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

Attached: 1544650407872.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>the same
This is clearly way more cinematic you dumbass. Do you seriously think every encounter will be this long?

Cool scripted video

not a great comparison. Yakuza was already getting stale with by Zero. them switching it up is fine because we've had the same basic game every year for like a decade now.

when DMC 6 comes out in 15 years it'll still be an action game because Capcom starves the fans before giving them what they want

I like turn based games but turning an beat em up into a turn based game rpg doesnt feel like improvement to me

The worst part is that the game being braindead easy is a given since it's Yakuza so instead of mashing buttons to QTE annoying fights fast you'll have to go through annoying transitions and menu

>Todd steps out on stage
>Fallout music begins playing
>Shows Vault Dweller roaming around
>Then cuts to hundreds of Vault Dwellers
>FALLOUT BATTLE ROYAL
.....Oh wait

Attached: IMG_20190710_192439.jpg (676x698, 101K)

How would you all feel if it was a mixed system? Say 70/30 split on turn based vs traditional combat, the former beefing you up for the latter. Specifically using the traditional combat for long battles and boss fights. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Attached: th(5).jpg (474x693, 71K)

Well of course the game's more cinematic, it's basically a game where all your attacks are just heat moves; pretty little animations for hitting people.

Honestly i'm shocked they didn't try to go this route sooner with how these games were already just long ass movies.

I could maybe see it being a troll but it seems like a really weird thing to do to officially show your game in a way that's going to generate, and is generating, a lot of ill will from the consumers.

>lol dude Yakuza was always shit lmao. the system should change rofl
>WTF WHY IS FINAL FANTASY XV AN ARPG NOW!?!?!?! FUCKING SQUEENIX FAGGOTS!!!!! CHANGE IT BACK TO TURN BASED!!!!!!

>inb4I'mnotthatguy

sure you aren't you double faggot.

i'd feel better, but so far i don't know what to think, since they're apparently taking all gameplay footage of the thing down from websites.
makes you wonder if they have something else going on or what.

Oh yeah ok so every battle will last 5 minutes and you will be forced to see the same fucking animation everytime? Ok sure you're right bro

There are no official gameplay videos yet, just some pretty bad webM video someone from the crowd recorded.

Most Youtube links to this video are being taken down too.

final fantasy games havent been turn based since X, retard

It's just going to be so stale and lame, you cant have the awesome high octane action setpieces with this shitty system. The combat was never deep but it didnt need to be, it was satisfying and fun and built up hype to make the conflicts in the series seem really fucking cool and impactful. There's nothing quite like it and it's great to have awesome JRPG beat em ups with their own identity out there. This? It's a bad imitation of Persona that doesnt make any sense or offer anywhere near the same amount of fun.

>when Japan of all places are being more sensible than Yea Forums
Yet another reason on the list that spans on millions why Yea Forums doesn't need to exist anymore.

>Ichiban Kusoge

Attached: 1564653466936.jpg (620x670, 76K)

Why not improve the combat instead of doing this complete change, though?

fuck off back to wherever you came from

The worst part is that Yokohama's one of those areas I thought would be really cool with the port setting maybe offering a more blue collar feel.

I now give a fuck about this series. Cool

Because Sega America/Europe actually uses that organ in their skulls unlike Sega Japan.

>brainlet incel weeb tard jrpg fag will now invade yakuza
The cancer that 0 bought wasn't enough now we gonna have to deal with toddlers who's only game will be 7

There still is TGS. Is that, this feels a huge fucking prank and could be a very well done

Could mean this is all a troll or just this game's equivalent of tower defense/cabaret game or some shit like that. Could be they have famitsu show off the turn-based gameplay to rile people up only to hit them with the real brawler gameplay or something. I don't even fucking know anymore. The decision is that fucking dumb.

Never said that, el stupido. try reading properly this time.

Yakuza's combat always get repetitive by 1/3 of the game, now imagine that with your guys slowly wondering around the enemies while you choose commands.

This will probably get way more annoying than the action version because I doubt there will be a complex and rewarding turn based system.

Been here longer than you have unfortunately

I didn't think it could get any worse after 6.
I guess I was fucking wrong.

Attached: terrorist.jpg (1080x964, 182K)

Hopefully it means they're gonna delay the game and fix this retarded decision. Maybe even play it off as a joke.
>Haha it was all a prank. Yeah totally fooled you lol (fuck remake the whole fucking thing shit)
This was beyond retarded. Itd make for a shitty minigame maybe.

We're not getting a good turn based battle system here like SMT or Etrian Odyssey. We're getting the usual unbalanced crap that Yakuza team have been doing since Yakuza 1 but except this time it will be in turn-based form which is even worse.

That makes me think if this isn't simply an in game mini game.

Your strawman was retarded and so are you.

Mentioning Dragon Quest in the game is funny considering how much shit DQ9 got when it was going to be action. You get people who cry "stale" or "repetitive" but with any long running series people pick it up due to that familiarity. They play X or Y game because they know what they're getting and know they'll enjoy it since it's what they've been enjoying. A lot of times when developers try to change things up so radically it fails because the fans don't want that radical change and the developer is basically making something they're not actually comfortable making because they have no experience doing it. It is what it is as a series but for all the bitching about Dynasty Warriors look how bad it goes every time they try to deviate from the core gameplay like they did in 6 and 9.

Because the April Fools video was obviously scripted.

They already have the dragon engine. They are masters of reused assets. They can literally take gameplay elements of Kiryu and Yagami into Ichiban, recyle boss fight styles and mooks styles and call it a day since the cutscenes are done for sure.

The Guilty Gear 2 of the franchise.

>mfw

Attached: Diablo-Immortal.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Wait, where do you guys found the gameplay video? Do Sega officially says that's the actual main gameplay?

It simply doesn't make sense, even a FPS gameplay would make more sense, eventhough I would hate it, since it's about Yakuza and there're gun fights.

Looks like the devs think Y6 wasn't quite enough to murder the series just yet

They should be sued for false advertising. They released a video on April fools of what the turn based gameplay looks like, but they called it a “joke”
The joke was that it was real.

turn based is for casuals

Half of combat consists of heat actions which are nothing different than turn-based attack cutscene. This change basically made all attacks as heat actions. Also the action combat had a big flaw - stun lock when you are heavily outnumbered and can't even get up when at least one enemy hits you. Another flaw is lack of good combos. Combat gets very repetitive and you can abuse hit-and-run.

Only brainlets hate turn-based combat.

It doesn’t seem like a strange choice, but I’ll still give it a shot.

I feel like this would have been a better idea for a spin off, instead of a main line game.

With yakuza's flashy animations and stylistic and atmospheric world I'm totally excited to play this. I wouldnt even really be considering it if it were just another yakuza game

brilliant

Yes when people really enjoy a specific thing they will do it for thousands of hours, such is the human condition.

>wanting action based
No thank you

I think that's the idea, it's pretty clear they want to target a different public and it's working! Most people saying they are excited for this also say they never liked Yakuza.

but why?

why would a series that is the same shit since 2004 or so, just up and change styles.

it would be like if they did this shit to DMC
of course they are pissed.

instead of improving the combat(perhaps contracting platinum for help) they change it to another genre
I can understand their situation, i would probably be upset after so such a drastic change to a franchise I followed, specially when it changes to something that's doesn't fit with the game, idk.
if I was the devs, I would've made it into a spin off to see the reception first instead of doing it on a main line game.

You can make a game feel fresh without actually changing the genre.

It would be easy to make new CoD looking actually new, just turn it into a RTS, but a good dev could make even CoD be a good FPS if they really wanted to put some effort into it.

I doin't blame them desu, even the music feels strange, a yakuza turn based game should have music closer to the SMT games
Music that feels a mix of intimdiating but also empowering.

youtube.com/watch?v=pxTm9pVep7w

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

A spinoff turn-based yakuza game that had the presentation of SMT games could actually be extremely entertaining

Those people aren't going to buy JRPG Y7 either.

They already kind of did it with the mobile game

>6 games and spinoff
>same shit
>new game with changes
>bitch and cry like little kids
They could have change released 6 and call part 7 and you faggots could eat it up

Mobile games are just cash grab shit, we can't take them seriously.

That isn't a clan minigame?

Would you be open for any kind of change in any kind of game, always?

Anyway, RGG studio is just ridiculous, Yakuza is the same shit because they simply reuse stuff and it will still be same now, they just tried to be less obvious by copying and pasting some turn based script from the internet.

Dont compare heat actions to actions in turn base mode, is not the same thing.
You cant abuse heat actions all the time because it either consumes gauge and items(unless you have that iteam with infinite gauge that is either endgame or post game), and decreases their power each time you reuse it

Another thing, heat actions were ocasional(not forced to use them) and that neat thing for style and impact or ridiculous shit like throwing people out of a bridge, or throwing a cig

If you couldnt get up from one enemy hitting you on the ground, then it is your fault for playing bad.

>Why is it Persona? Is it because of SEGA?

this

>What is with this battle system? Do you even want to make good games ever again?

oof

They're finally changing the combat? Thank fucking god. I was getting sick of the usual Yakuza gameplay and only really playing them for the writing at this point.

How do you think they're going to handwave this dude coming back from the dead?

Attached: Korean Vergil.png (1409x753, 1.33M)

I wonder how they'll make the final boss work. 1v1's just make fights really simple in turn based rpgs.

>Why is it Persona? Is it because of SEGA?

>announce that you're making it turn based
>take down all footage from the conference you had and don't even upload an official gameplay trailer alongside the story trailer
is SEGA fucking retarded?
all they're doing is confusing people/making people angry

not the same guy

i said this in a different thread, but i have a theory that there's multiple body doubles who get plastic surgery to look like the leader of the jing dong or whatever.

Cane man from judgment has a twin that looks and fights like him. They might do it again

>Kiryu is the bad guy of Yakuza 7
>"no, actually, is some korean guy that got plastic surgery to trick you guys and has been working with the Omi"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: BAKAMITAI.jpg (900x1514, 144K)

Nagoshi literally presented this after his heart surgery. Don't take this out on him, the board of execs probably demanded this

Reminder Nagoshi said they just wanted to try something different and if it doesn't go well they're happy to go back to the action gameplay.

>Haruka didn't actually fuck some chink in Hiroshima it was a gookette that got plastic surgery for reasons

>we get an IRL version of yakuza 6's ending with the actual series

If it's a twin, it's kinda weird he still has the dyed hair, unless it's his natural hair color?
would he be the first Yakuza character with natural anime hair?

>Persona 5 made turn based RPGS popular again
No? We were already in a full JRPG renaissance before P5. It's that you were too stupid to look at things other than consoles. P5 also has worse gameplay than even 3 and 4 because of how fucking slow and railroaded it is.

I wouldn't be so against it if the graphics didn't clash with the combat so fucking much. Couldn't they have cel-shaded it a bit?

>P5 also has worse gameplay than even 3 and 4 because of how fucking slow and railroaded it is

elaborate

>Japs are trashing a developer's attempt at radically changing a series' base gameplay
Based

Imagine where we'd be if western consumers more actively challenged things like this

Attached: Dawn of War 3.webm (720x480, 2.93M)

The old brawling system was broken shit. I would have preferred if they just fixed it instead of throwing it out the window, but whatever, a turn based RPG works too.

unironically based

kek

People need to chill, this is Nagoshi we are talking about. The man made miracles happen at SEGA from VF to their AM2 division with titles like F-Zero GX. I trust him and people are way too critical, they need to chill. He just had surgery and people are acting as if he butchered their family. Like what the fuck

I don't give a fuck, give the nigger brain surgery because he's fucking losing it.

I'm actually kind of baffled that Yea Forums is defending this. Is it because the game's Japanese? Like, they don't want to admit this may be a fuck up?

>you cant abuse heat actions all the time
Actually you can. Just stand still blocking or use a drink.
>heat actions were ocasional(not forced to use them)
You have to collect different heat actions for the secret shop points and 100% completion.
>then it is your fault for playing bad.
t. played on easiest dificulty

He should have made a Yakuza Forever starring Kiryu, Majima, NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHHHHKI, Akiyama, Saejima, Korean Tanimura, Haruka, Ryuji, Date, etc in some fever Kamurocho, Sotenbori and Okinawa world where everything goes in jrpg mode. And then have weird bosses like Nightmare Majima,pregnant Haruka, Ono Michio, MrLibido, tax girl from Real Estate and Bob Utsunomiya as final boss with Mahjohng mechanics. And Godzillamon as secret boss

i like turn-based jrpgs and the yakuza series, so why wouldn't i like a combination of the two?

I like Assetto Corsa and I like Monster Hunter, that doesn't mean I want the next mainline Monster Hunter game to be a game where I have to break out the Logitech G27, drive an off-roader and run over the monsters instead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd play the fuck out of that; but that'd be a shitposting spin-off, not a mainline MH game because that'd just be retarded.

Japan loves Wakanda

Thank God. Hopefully this garbage sells less than even the worst selling spinoffs over there.

If only the doctor had given him too much anesthesia during that surgery, we wouldn't have to suffer this abortion.

it sucks

suck it

>Caring about SEGAshit.
>Ever.

Attached: 1565927183290.jpg (231x218, 7K)

In Japan's case it's true. They've been rehashing the OYW in Gundam for 40 fucking years now.

epic

This IS improving the combat. Only limp dicked brainlets think otherwise.

Fucking eat shit and fucking die you fucking segascum piece of fuckign shit

OYW shit is so different in most cases with only like three themes running in all OYW anime Gundam and they do a good job showing different aspects of the OYW and the aftermath like Thunderbolt, War in the pocket and Stardust memory.

>you're not allowed to be mad at a series you've followed for over a decade doing a complete genre shift
Yea Forums is amazing sometimes

epic

Calm down dude you're gonna stoke me off if you keep it up.

Yea Forums doesn't like the idea of long running game series anyways

I think it's fine to be mad, but they have already said if this doesn't go over well they're happy to change back so I would say acting like this is the end of the world is a bit dramatic. I'm willing to at least give it a try before I'm really upset about it.

His point is they do it because
>muh Zeon
>muh Zakus
>muh RX-78

As if American IPs are any better though
>muh Decepticons
>muh Megatron
>muh Optimus Prime
etc.

I thought this was a joke?

>it's fantastic.

>The combat has been the same forever! They have to change it up!
>Therefore they must remove the combat and replace it with selecting options from a menu
>Improve the action? Huh? No way that's impossible they have to dumb it down this is the only way

Attached: 607px-Green_lex_luthor_oh_god_what.jpg (607x600, 26K)

it is haha

What's the best order to play these games in? Currently planning to play zero, kiwami 1 and 2, and then work through the 3 4 5 and 6. Is it worth waiting for the 4 and 5 rereleases to come out?

0 > Kiwami > Kiwami 2 > 3 remaster > 4 remaster > 5 remaster > 6 > Judgment > Yakuza 7/Yakuza: Like a dragon(shit name Sega localizers)

If there's anything as absolutely lazy, its shitposters trying to hate on Yakuza by calling them cinematic.

>shit name Sega localizers

it's not official

Hope not, rather they keep the 7 and change the subtitle

I know right?

Attached: Y6.jpg (1080x951, 297K)

>tfw you're finally on the other end of the stick
My heart goes out to you yakuza fans. This game looks cool but it sounds like you guys hate it. Feels like I'm reliving my hate boner on MHW.

>>Seems like another company is the new Konami
How is Konami image in Japan? They pretty much abandoned console games for mobile and pachinko.

If this was the other way around and something like dragon quest made a main series game that was an action adventure you guys would be having fucking panic attacks.

>phone games
apply yourself

FPWP

>It started getting shady with 5. 5 fucked up the story and 7 throws the action away. How far do you think you can go in breaking the Dragon?
pretty based

>Mash O to basic attack every random mob
>Blow all SP on boss
This is going to be the height of the gameplay.

Attached: 1438505324491.jpg (781x853, 150K)

The combat isn't deep at all. Maybe at the start of the game when you're gimped for moves but the games are beyond easy after that. Doesn't help that the AI has always been laughable/

Sega does this shit all the time for press release events. They took down one Persona trailer for years before it could stay on youtube.

yeah because XCOM and Chrono Trigger play the exact same

That means paying for it, which defeats the purpose of this since good sales would mean they would keep going forward with this combat.

Attached: 1530004985004.png (804x1350, 235K)

Looks like absolute shit to me. Looks slow and awkward with them just shuffling around like that. I want an exciting action beat em up not this bullshit

Daily reminder that anyone on Yea Forums that hates Yakuza is a Reddit/Resetera refugee

>7 games in
>change the gameplay mechanics
That is just fucking baffling to me. Why didn't they try that out with Judgement, when they tried to do a spinoff without putting Yakuza in the title so you wouldn't have preconceived notions of how the game will play?

this

They already told if this fails,they are going back to the old combat system.
So hope nobody buys this

>Final fantasy stops being turn based and becomes more action oriented
>Yakuza stops being action oriented and becomes turn based
What?

>This is just them trying to capatalize on that while the Iron is hot.
ITS BEEN 2 FUCKING YEARS SINCE P5 LAUNCH
FUCK OFF

So Kiryu is totally going to be a overpowered DLC party member?

games take time to develop

Stupid secondary

>Yakuza is now a turn-based RPG
>Sakura Wars is now a real-time hack n slash
Bizarro Sega

>Taimin asagi is now a real time hack and slash
And i'm not even baiitng

If it was a spin off it would be okay but this is a whole different genre for a mainline title.

Its like if Dawn of war 3 was a FPS or Dark souls 2 was turn based.

I mean its a cool idea but a bit much for a mainline game.

I don't think anyone would have a problem if this was a spinoff. Hell, make the entire Ichiban saga a spinoff turn based RPG series.

yakuza is rpg
turning it from action rpg to snooze rpg is not much difference

why didn't they just make the zombie game a spinoff

Attached: 1458428553586.gif (245x320, 538K)

>turn based
the 90s called

Good thing they're dropping the 7 from the western title. Leaked english trailer has it titled simply as Yakuza: Like A Dragon

But it is?

I still don't get why they didn't do it with Judgment. New series, new characters, and no strong attachment to the main series. It was the perfect chance to do it with that but they went for a mainline title instead. You would have avoided all of this drama just because of that.