3DS IS KILL

3DS IS KILL

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST

Attached: EC8LvqiUEAATdod.jpg (1080x1039, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-2DS/Usage-/Nintendo-eShop/How-to-Add-Funds-in-Nintendo-eShop-Using-Credit-Cards-1626660.html
3ds.hacks.guide/
youtu.be/HJMABjgh-h4
hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide?p=seedminer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why was the 3ds killed so much faster than the wii?
Is it because wii still gets just dance?

>Kill
You mean a major payment option was removed, incentivizing people even further to mod their 3DSs and pirate games. If anything, this'll revitalize the 3DS

Yes, actually.

I know plenty of people (mostly older) who bought a Wii for sports and dance games and that’s it

wtf?

Link the page, faggot.

Can debit cards still be used or do they just not bother to mention them since they are so uncommon in america?

nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-2DS/Usage-/Nintendo-eShop/How-to-Add-Funds-in-Nintendo-eShop-Using-Credit-Cards-1626660.html

>As of September 2019, credit cards cannot be used to add funds on systems in the Nintendo 3DS family or Wii U consoles.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sucks, but I hacked mine. Also calling it dead is retarded. Yeah, no games come out for it, but the library of games is fucking good. Are the PS2 and SNES era games dead?

>we will continue to support the 3DS going forward
Why do they lie? everybody knew they'y would do this in a few months why still pretend they give two shits about the 3ds?

Attached: 🤔.png (160x160, 12K)

How do you go about modding your 3ds? I want to since there so many games that are still pretty expensive that I’ve wanted to play but can’t.

but they do still supporting the 3ds?
you can still download shit from them, not supporting would be a total unplugged

Do we have an actual date?
Would like to see if there is anything else to scoop up before this happens.

3ds.hacks.guide/

This sucks, I actually have weird nostalgia about adding funds to a 3DS via credit card.
youtu.be/HJMABjgh-h4

What, why? The Wii eShop was supported until just a year ago. The 3DS was still getting games this year. What happened?

what were they supposed to say?
>yeah uuh we're not going to support the 3DS anymore and there aren't games coming out for it anymore, so buy our next system

They need to clear out stock. They'll end production early next year.

The fuck, since when there are emojis in Windows character tables?

Guide: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide?p=seedminer
Free 3ds game website: 3dscia.com

>it's real

I mean, buying digital on the 3DS was always a bad move because of the way they handle your digital purchases. But in EU at least there some games you can only get digital, like SMTIV. It's like they want people to hack their systems.

Attached: 1561838958276.jpg (475x482, 32K)

Will this things work after that happens??

Attached: 5117BDF3-031E-4AA8-925D-4E30D80FD8B8.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Wasn't this europe only due to some new bullshit about the cards?

Why did you put a post number in the name field

Fuck Nintendo, they deliberately shafted the 3DS to sell the Switch

Still pretty good for doodling

Attached: HNI_0075.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

it'll work on the switch

Unless I'm wrong, this means you can still purchase things on the system, but you can't store funds on it.

>nintendo.co.uk
>uk
Who gives a shit?

Please tell me that this is Europe only, otherwise mfw is pic related

Attached: 62AF1EF4-1AAE-4433-821C-C2558FBF5AC1.gif (480x270, 1.27M)

>It's like they want people to hack their systems
Or realize that you can still add funds or directly buy the games using your browser.

>pokemon art academy
Holy fucking faggot. Where do you go when you graduate? Deviantart?

The process of purchasing a game involved adding funds, it just gave you the option to add the exact amount needed. The inability to add funds via credit card means no more exact purchases.

vouchers will still work, this only affects credit card registration for europe 3DS & Wii U accounts.

Oh that would make sense, those idiots are always coming up with stupid ideas to protect the people that just end up fucking them over

>The inability to add funds via credit card means no more exact purchases.
Yes you can, you simply need to use the site on your browser rather than the eShop application on the 3DS/Wii U.

You think I give a shit what my doodle-program is called?
Here's an spoiler for the game: you draw crap like this.

Attached: HNI_0050.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

Ahhh thank goodness

Attached: 6EFF3A0D-57C4-471C-BC68-4C85C5A3D983.jpg (543x394, 224K)

So can I get a proper fully functioning emulator now?? For fucks sake, the ones I want to play most and not on a tiny as shit handheld never work perfectly on Citra.

I know what art academy is but in this day and age it's pointless. It was funny when it came out on the DS but nowadays you can get a drawing tablet for really cheap and you can even draw on your phone or a tablet if they come with a stick.

Drawing, doodling, whatever, is just a paint in the ass on the 3DS touchscreen.

Why did Nintendo have to kill the 3DS so early?

This sucks

Piracy killed it, just like the DS and Wii.

That's what pirate fags said about the PSP before sales got raped so badly it killed the Vita by proxy because no one wanted to make games for Sony handhelds.

>so early
The 3DS has been out for almost nine years.

Finally. It was a good handheld and stayed relevant for more than was asked. Now it's just terribly outdated. Lack of computational power means lack of games being developed for it and this kills the console.

Why didn't they make the switch light backwards compatible with 3ds.

cause you are a total faggot

About fucking time, I can replace it with the Switch Lite.

The Wii was not replaced by Wiiu
The 3ds was totally replaced by Switch

I doubt I'll ever need to, but will there be a way to hack the WiiU without needing to buy Brain Age?

Nintendo really doesn't give a fuck if their games can't be played at all.

>You can't buy 3DS games unless it's an overpriced out of print physical copy?
>Not our problem LOL.

The note about it not working is on the web browser page though?

I'm still mad at those fuckers they pirated phantasy star portable 2 so much Sega refused to give us any of the games for a fucking decade

>Fire Emblem Fates focuses on 3 paths, the third of which is digital only and the canon path
>Unless you own a special edition cart that has all 3 paths physical, which will now be even more expensive
What were they thinking?

>2011 handheld

Good, finally. It's a fucking prehistoric relic in console generation years. A living fossil of a bygone era where everything was better because you were younger and less jaded by reality.

Yes cause no one plays them you fucktard

So how is that 3DS emulator? I've never used it before.

Attached: 1550161683324.png (290x425, 256K)

>debit cards
>uncommon in America
Are you fucking stupid? Literally everyone with a bank account has a debit card or at least has the option to use one if they choose. I use my debit card constantly in lieu of withdrawing cash, don't own a credit card.

But I thought the switch wasn't replacing the 3DS.

But debit cards can? Works for me.

The Wii had a great attach rate though, 9 games per console

Since Windows started supporting unicode, probably in the fucking 80's.

still havent hacked my wii u. can i still get brain age after the change or should i buy it now

"Dead" means its no longer being supported with new releases, that's exactly what it means.

Obviously this still isn't happening though, as the 3DS is still getting new games.

But you can't buy them with a credit card, which should be alarming for 3DS owners.

The 3DS can't last forever, it'll be 9 years old in 2020. It had a good run.

So is this the end of Nintendo portables and they're all going to be hybrids from now on? asking for a friend.

Only in the UK and EU, this doesn't apply to the rest of the world, and you can use any of the other payment options to continue to buy games.

Not even clear if this affects debit cards.

Will you still be able to buy things of eshop directly with your card?

it will still be possible with another payment method but you should do it now for convenience

>3DS IS KILL
>AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST
Are they gonna stop manufacturing? Is it time to collect the system?

They could trot out a new dedicated home console or handheld in 2025, who the fuck knows.

Let it go it almost 8 years old

well, yeah. assuming this is completely true, and not some retard's oversimplification, a business isn't trying to appease niche internet dorks. Businesses try to make money.

>Only applies to UK and EU

Its over 8 years old, it launched March 2011

>9 games per console
How does that compare to other consoles?
Does it count indie shit?
I know I passed that with proper games due to buying games for my nephews, but I'm curious nonetheless

I still have like 6 dollars on my 3ds that I never used

A rental service for eshop would help with crap like that (also avoid buyers remorse with games that are iffy)

>stop selling year old games to make more money... somehow

That's called A9LH.

No point of keeping it around now that the Switch is getting a fully portable version.

>Piracy killed it
No

>Yea Forums is this desperate to bash on nintendo
and people pretend like this place is nintendogaf, the fucking delusion is unreal

This. The retards celebrating cant read.

>wiiu is literally 100% backwards compatible
>switch only has select 3DS ports

Press Windows + . if you're on Windows 10.
Viola.

It's alright. You'll get very few slowdowns then and there, but it's never an issue, unless you want perfect emulation.

>pick up $20 Nintendo gift card while grocery shopping
>put code into 3DS
>keep buying vidya
you guys are vegetable tier retards

What about the pokebank ?

>Why do they lie?
To be fair, Nintendo only say the "We will continue to support X system in the future" is just Nintendo making sure they have something to back on if, either handheld or console but more or less the handheld part, one of their handhelds/consoles doesn't sell well i.e. the reason why the GameBoy lasted for nearly a decade and a half is because of how much of a failure the VirtualBoy was.

I recently hacked my 3DS and I'm looking for a site that has more CIA's than 3DSCia.com because that site has like 20 games and some of them don't even have working links.

3dsiso
Make an account with a throwaway email.

Nintendo wanted to avoid the Osborne effect.

PS4 has a similar attach rate, 9 is fairly high

The Wii being a fad that people bought 2 games for was a literal meme

In my country 99% PS4 owners bought Fifa and some 1-2 other shits and now trying to sell it on ebays