What are some good /comfy/ JRPGs like pic related or dragon quest?

What are some good /comfy/ JRPGs like pic related or dragon quest?

Attached: 61X40TFMPTL._SX342_.jpg (342x340, 41K)

>Camelot just did Tennis twice in a row, they’re not going to do it again
>Jumping right to Aces to fix the mess that was Ultra Smash couldn’t have been their initial next step, you don’t plan to screw up
>Roughly during US development is when they would have been notified for Isaac’s notable turnout on the ballot
>They could make Golf next, but the last Golf game was a complete disaster, it sold worse than Dark Dawn despite the Mario name being attached
>Golf has not had a trademark renewal, while Golden Sun has (in 2018, not even 10 years since the last time they re-registered that name)
>Switch games like Xenoblade Chronicles, Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quests XI are revitalizing the JRPG genre
>A relatively recent interview has the Takahashi brothers express interest in making another Shining Force, but Sega won’t let them. At the very least this proves they have a hankering to make an RPG again

the time is coming, bros

Attached: 2021 confirmed.png (1200x780, 592K)

Please don't get my hopes up user, it's never going to happen.

Attached: 1527714616314.png (866x900, 172K)

Attached: 1566504534681.png (989x515, 1.24M)

Attached: m3scbghe0w321.jpg (3024x4032, 1013K)

he only """comfy""" games are .hack and Eurotruck simulator

>Dark Cloud 1 and 2
>Paper Mario OG and TTYD
>Terranigma
>Dragon Quest 11

>be a better JRPG in every aspect
Heh nothing personal kid

Attached: mother3.jpg (800x507, 34K)

Which .hack games were actually good

I thought it was never released outside japan

>2006+13
>still hasn't taken the pirate pill

Great taste user. Lufia 2 on the SNES fits the bill very nicely. Its got puzzles very similar to GS (albeit a lot more difficult ones), the cast comes off as surprisingly fleshed out for a SNES JRPG, and it has a fucking killer OST. Really recommend it.

Attached: d7s9h5e-c323ccfd-9889-4094-9bef-2a68d1611944.png (1365x875, 1.44M)

>"DOCTOR ZAIUS DOCTOR ZAIUS!"

Attached: IsaacOld.png (81x95, 22K)

>Suggesting Golden Sun and Dragon Quest are comparable since people are saying nice things about it now.
Fuck you. Fuck off with that. Those games are about as different as possible.

>fan translation

Attached: cringe.png (250x202, 8K)

>fan* translation
>*professional translator who's better than Nintendo's own staff were at the time.

>english translation

Attached: give up.jpg (189x267, 11K)

>being an EOP
>thinking that a translation made by a big corporation is better than a fan translation

>fan who worked as a professional translator

Attached: 1509231825049.png (563x517, 79K)

this game wasnt particularly good. it was passable but you get to chill on a train when you start out

Attached: 210376-cima-the-enemy-game-boy-advance-front-cover.jpg (800x801, 109K)

So, Dragon Quest isn't comfy?

FUUUUUUUCK OOOOFFFFF

Attached: 1566502685036.png (785x1000, 254K)

prove it

Autism

OP if you never played Earthbound, you should give it a go! Explore every town, go into every building, talk to everyone! ORDER A FUCKING PIZZA AND WAIT FOR IT OUTSIDE! Man it's so chill for a SNES game!

Oh and use the "for sale sign" to sell shit. Enjoy the music, it's so fucking good.

I would play them, but I don't like playing on emulators and I don't own a wii u. If only they released an earbound collection for switch, I'm sure it would be top comfy

>but I don't like playing on emulators
why not? playing a VC version is not any different from playing on a traditional emulator

Just look up Legends of Localization, that's what Mato does now.

>it has passed more time between dark dawn and now that had passed between lost age and dark dawn

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is the definition of comfy.

I didn't need you to remind me

Attached: 1534427777576.jpg (2200x2800, 1.65M)

Not really. I mean there's a charm to it, but it doesn't fall into the niche of what the people who usually talk about "comfy" like.

>but it doesn't fall into the niche of what the people who usually talk about "comfy" like.

what makes you say that?

None of them were especially good. But good /= comfy.

>but it doesn't fall into the niche of what the people who usually talk about "comfy" like.
I'm under the impression it means slow adventure with your friends to save the world or whatever.

SWEATY

Fortune Summoners, different gameplay but seriously comfy

Fortune Summoners, different gameplay but seriously comfy

Dragon quest 4 :)