Devil May Cry

>REfriends get a new game again
>Still nothing for DMC
I thought things would change with 5's success, what the hell happened

Attached: 1543229664743.png (432x497, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twinfinite.net/2019/08/capcom-announces-tokyo-game-show-2019-presence-resident-evil-sengoku-basara-mega-man-more/
gematsu.com/2019/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2019-stage-schedule
gonintendo.com/stories/338759-capcom-shares-adult-masterpieces-switch-promo-video
youtube.com/watch?v=hWHmhb0nf3M
youtube.com/watch?v=cbYCrb7Tob8
rave.dj/MOU5q92J6RKYxg
youtube.com/watch?v=t85HzA80ysQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DMC5 literally just came out

its only been 5 months since release user

RE3 is 60% RE2 Assets. They don't have to work on much to pump out a new game.
Each DMC game is no locations and assets each time. Shit takes time.

>2.5 million
>success

>still no co op

you're lucky Itsuno even picked DMC to make a new game for, he could have jumped into DD2 or his fighting shit but chose not to.
As a fan of DD this bodes well for me, as he will only be taking all the positives from this to that.

2.5 million in 2 weeks or so. That was the game's near release figures so, yeah, it did well, considering that DmC didn't even break the million mark till well into its lifecycle.

as much as im not a fan of V in 5, he'd fit really well as a class in dd2. Just imagine unlocking new familiars

>dmc isn't in their tgs schedule that got released today
goodbye hopes and dreams

Link?

It isn't too dumb to hope for a jam packed DMC5:SE on the PS5 right?

twinfinite.net/2019/08/capcom-announces-tokyo-game-show-2019-presence-resident-evil-sengoku-basara-mega-man-more/

>project resistance
WHAT IS IT CAPCOM?

I was hyped for this game, but then I played the demo and I just couldn't get into it. Got to the boss guy but couldn't dodge is attacks and died every time. Couldn't make the combat work for some reason, played dmc1 a million times but I wasn't feeling this. Shame really.

Why is Gerbera 01 so fun bros

So its outbreak 3?

The game just came out less than half a year ago...
The recent RE games are combat rebalances and asset hauls of an original design. I loved RE2R, but something like that only exists because REngine and the original RE2 are really powerful tools for making a TPS, while with DMC you have to deal with lots of framedata and combat design problems. I’m a huge fan of both series but DMC can’t be churned out if you want to preserve quality, unless you suggest they overhaul the old games in REngine

>DD
Some of it's stuff slipped into dmc 5
Like Proto Angelo charge, Scudo feel like DD enemy, ice goat attack, KC sweaping back+style attack and V

Because it's basically a bootleg Vergil trick-up and trick-down but for Nero

Attached: 1567098587551.png (807x857, 754K)

>REfriends get a new game again
Wait what

Because we need Dragon's dogma 2.

Looks like it

>Outright say they're making a new RE
>Pull Basara out of nowhere
>Mystery Announcement
The dream is dead.

Attached: a65.jpg (499x430, 23K)

It becomes GOAT with disabled wire snatch

Attached: 1566246594131.png (655x642, 405K)

So I'm having trouble activating Judgement in Sin Devil Trigger. Is it because I have my shoot button mapped to L1? It never feels like it reads both at the same time. Can I buffer the input at all, I.E. hold L1 and Square?

Sure would be nice to use it in bloody palace.

>DMC1
you played the clunkiest entry in the series years ago? Sounds about right. Dodging, which is the same since DMC3, is literally just a lock on and button press. Jumping away from the demon’s back is also an easy option - just do an aerial combo, enemy step, jump away, and then tether back to start again while being wary off attacks / mixing in arm attacks. I dunno where the “shame really” comes from..4 and 5 provide different combat design that represents the anime and punk rock aesthetics they were going for in those respective games, and they’re by far the most polished and refined the mechanics have been in the entire series

Attached: 2BA226C3-A380-40DC-9508-9505F2F25D9E.jpg (480x480, 30K)

Mods
>t. Todd

There's no fucking chance they won't announce something outside of that?

Still, Basara. I mean it isn’t DMC but it’s more stylish action news. I’m calling that a win. The real disappointment is Squeenix’s lineup not featuring Babylon’s Fall

I cannot fathom the existance of people who pretend to have liked ANY DMC game and feel dissapointed of dmc5
threre is literally no logical, substantial reason why you wouldnt think dmc5 is AT LEAST a great game if you ever enjoyed any other DMC.
Maybe its not your favorite, but you cant say its bad

I haven't played it but yes I have noticed that just from watching trailers and gameplay.
DD is his baby, it's not surprising to see stuff from there make it into his newer games. It's really nice because DD feels like dmc combat anyway. I can't to see what he does in his next game. but also, he shouldn't re-use too many things. Either way, if he ever gets DD2 made, i'm sure it will feel like DMC5 in some aspects as well.

>Got to the boss guy but couldn't dodge is attacks and died every time.
Don't dodge, just jump on its head instead. Same thing as with dmc 3 Beowulf

Why would that change its function?

you can use it while locked on

>It's really nice because DD feels like dmc combat anyway
Really, really simplified DMC combat. I would fucking kill for the inclusion of actual DMC-tier combat in DD. I mean, just murder someone. A bunch of people.

You can use Gerbera with lock on
Normally if you press breaker button during lock you will have WS. If you disable it, you can still jump around with Gerbera and have a lock on target

I don’t see what particular advantage that offers, but okay.

>Literally not even half a year after release
>WAAAAAA WHERE'S MY GAME!?!??!
>b-but RE gets a new game
They reuse crazy amounts of assets for RE

Be fucking grateful that Itsuno and his team got to make a practice game with the RE Engine before even attempting Dragon's Dogma.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is the way more ambitious game and now it's way more likely that he can actually produce something of value instead of yet again an over ambitious game that falls flat on its nose.

i wish every game did that. If you make a game that people love just majora's mask it and pump out a new game a year or so later that will guarantee sales

Majora's Mask also did some pretty neat things with Ocarina of Time's formula. It was an asset reuse/reuse/recycle classic, but they did a little more than just resell the previous game.

thats what i'm saying. Just reuse the assets, that would greatly decrease dev time and give people what they want

It’s among one of my favorites. I’m sad that some tools like with inertia are gone, but I was never good enough to make the most use out of them. I like all of dante’s new weapons - the gauntlet is waaaaay better than it was in 4. Nero actually feels complete as a character with the Devil breaker system + devil trigger, and his combos are a great change of pace to dante’s. I get they since 5 doesn’t have turbo it feels slower, but given that there’s a turbo mod on PC and that I’m sure it’ll drop soon anyway, I don’t see it as much as an issue. If anything, it makes the screen readable. V is the weakest link, but his levels aren’t long at all and are a fun gimmick

So as far as combat styles go, I’d have to say 4 and 5 are really really up there are just about tied for me. They’re just..different which is what i’d prefer in a long running action series. However, as far as story, replay value, and package, 5 takes the cake over 4. I do miss the door opening screen fades though.

Attached: 4120967B-B1BA-4DF2-A0FC-40112B3EC4F8.png (500x382, 213K)

No one is asking for anything major for DMC5. What everyone wants is Vergil, which already is already animated in the game. There really was no reason to hold onto Vergil unless they want to expand on the game. He could have easily been a unlockable bonus player character from day 1 and people would've been satisfied. The (arguably) second most wanted thing in the game the game, Trish and Lady, also is in the game, though they're not animated.

yeah, i think he had to simplify things because of all the classes and most of them having a ton of skills that are more flash than substance but that's another problem is that none of the enemies really let you be flashy on them.

We're getting DmC2 because DMC5 is just DmC 1.5 with extra fanservice, made with recycled assets

Attached: DmC2.png (1440x900, 753K)

>gauntlet
It's so much fun
Balrog only run with a Faust for the looks and you have bootleg God Hand

>DmC2
>tameem no longer involved
Well sign me up, it cant be worse than the original

Which is the big DD problem. It has all the makings of a great game, but it suffers from moveslot syndrome worse than fucking Pokemon.

If I had access to all of an Assassin’s weapons and skills at once it’d be dope as hell, and there’s no good reason why I couldn’t have, mechanically. Dante gets at least that much. You never really get to explore all the cool shit in the game because of loadout limitations.

So what's the major Capcom series? They've already revealed MonHun, RE, MegaMan and Street Fighter stage shows.

just make mexican Donte a playable character in dmc6

Reboot fag returns
Best Donte costume? I like Neo Donte, with Converse shoes

i'd pray for mvc or some other fighting game crossover like cvs but i doubt it

People do reuse assets as much as possible because that’s important for focusing dev time on other things. Notice how DMC’s menus all use the exact same sounds as in the last 3 iterations of the game. The problem is that novel design, as in MM, is really fucking hard. You’ll have fanboys screaming for more of the game they originally loved while still having others saying that they want the new original idea to go further beyond series conventions. Something like MM doesn’t happen too often. See FFX-2. Far Cry Blood Dragon is a very rare exception as well. Furthermore, asking big studios to take risks on design is hard because there’s a lot of corporate meddling. This is why there are a lot of interesting mods out there but not always interesting small dev team projects. Though, this is now most common in indie and Japanese companies that aren’t Square.

My brain tells me its gonna be street fighter or MvC, bu i wish it was DMC, another RE or dragons dogma

I'm not sure Capcom's shareholders would love to see a sequel to DmC.

>DMC5 is DmC 1.5
Just because they scanned faces and didn’t go for a full 2010s 22 modern fantasy anime aesthetic doesn’t mean it’s DmC. The gameplay, story, etc. are all anime as well, but the visuals are just taking advantage of what’s cheap for REngine to produce.
I bet you’re one of those people who made endless threads about how you hated Lady’s new jawline

Street Fighter already has stage time and we are still not finished with the current season, nevermind the fact that there should be one more season left. I also doubt that Disney is particularly interested in a MvC considering how Infinite turned out. I just want it to be DMC

me too, vergilbro

What do you mean? Their entire TGS lineup is on their website, there’s no mention of a “major series” that isn’t explicitly named.

>Lady
God she and her model have top tier lips

Attached: 551e18719496336d9d3251a2725f3234.jpg (774x1080, 87K)

i think i remember reading somewhere that Capcom has a dedicated team working on minimising dev time whilst maximising quality for their engine. Honestly Capcom would make bank if they sold their engine

September 15, 14:05 to 15:00 – Major Capcom Series Special Stage – Details to be announced at a later date.

>gematsu.com/2019/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2019-stage-schedule
>14:05 to 15:00 – Capcom Adult Masterpiece Series Special Stage – Details to be announced at a later date.
Capcom Adult Masterpiece
gonintendo.com/stories/338759-capcom-shares-adult-masterpieces-switch-promo-video

It’s a series of old franchise ports to the Switch under a new branding.

I have a strange feeling that no one at Capcom really likes DMC
including Itsuno

Attached: 154800461271.jpg (2560x1440, 778K)

You may be right about that first part.

Attached: haibane1.gif (500x451, 675K)

welp boys.
i guess its time to move on

I'm ready to wait 5 years for something, what the hell else am i going to do ?

Attached: 1537650735941.jpg (399x294, 46K)

git gud with dante, should take another 4 years to reach perfection with him

5 feels like a love letter to fans, I don't think that's true.

We waited ten whole fucking years for DMC5. You bandwagon hopping newfags don't understand pain. You'll learn.

You're overreacting.

Don't worry, we'll have a new rotation next year.

We won't get DMC until E3, since they consider it to be a 'western' franchise. They will announce DMC6 is being worked on, as well as DMC5 SE, which will come out in May 2020.

Itsuno chose DMC5 over DD2, and Dragon's Dogma was his baby.

what makes you say that?
what makes you say that anything relating to devil may cry is going to happen within the next year(s)? if im being honest with myself, TGS was my last hope. i'm just gonna try my best to forget about this series until something gets announced, and maybe i can finally relive the pre-launch hype

>until E3
So in July 2020, they’ll announce a game coming out in May 2020?

Itsuno is a good lad and probably felt bad for that piece of shit known as DmC

nigga what
DMC V just came out
not to mention its a game Itsuno personally wanted to make and finish to be done with DMC
fucking faggot 19ers

I eant a dmc dmc crossover

With your first step you will burn
Can't control the hate you have learned
Killing slow is the way i conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer

Attached: hank music.gif (480x280, 1.06M)

HOLY FUCK I JUST WANT VERGIL

They gave us V who plays nothing like him and they're gonna make us pay for a special edition just to play the same missions again. Fuck capcom

The time has come and so have I
I'll laugh last, 'cause you came to die.
The damage done, the pain subsides
And I can see the fear clear when I look in your eye.

Attached: Kaho.jpg (775x720, 107K)

>No fighting game shit in sight
GOOD

>MvC
>Ever after the fandom's good idea to do a massive shit posting campaign as a form of """""constructive criticism"""""
Fuck no, keep that shit in the gound where it fucking belongs. The FGCucks don't deserve a new game.

We're doing music ?
youtube.com/watch?v=hWHmhb0nf3M

Attached: 1381062843819.gif (208x186, 1.48M)

So did RE2

>3:37

Attached: 1375221361646.gif (180x155, 939K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cbYCrb7Tob8

You're on the ruse cruise

Attached: 1541953036976.png (641x491, 282K)

Do not trust Bael's minions.

I get why people shit on V for his gameplay but you can't deny his attitude was well in line with a Devil May Cry character, he had the right smug and confidence.
It's all in the voice acting and he's got the most memorable quotes for that reason. "So is contempt to the contemptible" is worth 100 fuck you's.

why do they do this

>nothing about ace attorney
It's highly likely they're just hiding shit. Like if they announce dmc will be there it'd ruin the surprise because we fucking know what'd it be.

I wish we got a bit of interaction between V and DMC4 shitpost pizza hobo sober drunken uncle Dante

Salauds! Faut pas jouer ave ça.

Attached: 1446049578480.png (764x410, 14K)

All of his quotes are just William Blake

True BUT he said them with style.

Vergil's DMC5 theme is fun to fuck around with on rave.dj to see what mashes up well with it
rave.dj/MOU5q92J6RKYxg
>0:51

Attached: 1566865902781.jpg (974x737, 433K)

I refuse to be excited. Stop doing this to me user.

>0:48

youtube.com/watch?v=t85HzA80ysQ

Attached: 5rTwYl2.gif (250x263, 1.95M)

The most sublime act is to set another before you.

So it is written.

>attitude was well in line with a Devil May Cry character, he had the right smug and confidence.
Gee I wonder why, it must be because he's similar to a previous character hmmm

Attached: 1548080815289.webm (960x760, 2.9M)

Because they can.

Attached: 1562125634686.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

They could have written his lines wrong and he didn't exactly act like the Vergil we knew. V had his own brand.

apparently its just fan art

Project REsistance isn't RE3, it's a 4 player co-op game ala outbreak.

>Resistance
>Resi-stance
God I'm slow.

Without the poetry he's just another Vergil lol.

Attached: 1541211550486.gif (268x410, 3M)

>Resi-stance
>stance
>stance switching

Attached: realisation.gif (200x198, 427K)

Something tells me Capcom isn't eager to make another game with 5 years worth of costly development just to sell 2.5 mil units

Nigga, you JUST got dmcv, its not even a
full year yet, give it time.
Capcom wasn't expecting much from dmcv.

Holy shit

I don't think Resistyle is a word.

This, now they can refine it.

It's oddly specific though. They post a popular character that fans are asking for on their official account.? Porquoi?

>DMC5
>costly develoment
HAHAHAHAHA

>RE3 is 60% RE2 Assets
Telltale sign someone never played Resident Evil 3

>uses some of the most high tech facial capture technology in the industry and body scanning
I'm pretty sure that makes up a sizeable ammount of money alon

so just another zombie coop shooter, Zzzz
I seriously doubt it will be anything like outbreak.

A friend bought me a copy of DMC 5.
I'm at the chapter where Nero Found V and team up in a level, does the game get much much better after that?
It's ok but not as enjoyable as I thought, V's moveset is less fun than Nero's moveset to me, basically spamming Y and X until your fingers hurt.

your friends pretty stupid to gift you the 5th game in a franchise

get gud or it's not for you

It's cool that it was Brian Cranstons first ever big voice acting gig too, I want to hear him voice other characters in the future. he voiced Mr. Foster in the Killing Floor VR game

Just because you can spam an input doesn't mean you should, you're approaching this wrong.

It gets better when Dante is playable.

He’s really not. Slap both attacks while taunting or reading the book. Drop nightmare when DT allows. Easiest SSS ranks all game.

I know right? DMC5 was just reused DmC elements in REmake's engine

Attached: dante-DMC.jpg (745x366, 39K)

Wait a year or two for DMC5 Special Edition.

You're approaching this wrong as well, getting an SSS is not the finality of the combat system. How stylish are you?

Damn Nero is so much cuter

go back to the other thread

dmc is basically styling on enemies your own way. you got it as a present might as well finish it off.

Tell me i can do that and be able to use all breakers while locked on

not in a million years

Attached: 0a3c0832d79f3a0f3fed6cabbb3a0816.jpg (1181x787, 86K)

if so many other people love DmC why dont you make your own DmC threads and dump your gay shit there

I thought homosexuals we're supposed to have good taste?

Not at all with V, because being stylish for the sake of being stylish is something you do for fun and a love of the gameplay. V isn’t fun and I hate his gameplay. I’m not going to flex on it just to prove something.

What the fuck is wrong with his body?

they are making outbreak in the re2 style

He's the personification of aids, infecting every DMC thread with his gay desires for Donte.

>it's a soulless L4D clone

Attached: Resident-Evil-Project-Resistance-1.jpg (1280x720, 312K)

>Still no legit confirmation on playable virgil with that additional story content
>Let alone ladies night

How long did the SE edition of DMC4 with all of that bonus content take to come out?

Attached: DEADWEIGHT.png (540x469, 469K)

will the next dlc show how nero was made?

Attached: 1565452466235.png (265x239, 67K)

Attached: 1567096265661.jpg (673x680, 336K)

RE2 and DMCV are the two best looking games in the current generation

Those are called "abs"

Attached: 1562993815350.png (800x949, 356K)

They built a photogrammetry studio years ago to save money, it was literally cheaper than creating everything from scratch

skipped chest and shoulder day

Remember when DMC4 was canonically 10 years after DMC3? And Vergil was 19 in DMC3?

Attached: sweat.jpg (300x300, 15K)

>4 player coop resident evil game
fucking hell with those ps2 l4d clones

Attached: file.png (800x450, 894K)

vergil's dmc4se campaign takes place before 3

Man, i know it will never happen, but Capcom releasing the code for DMC2 would be amazing, just so fans could fix, change and improve the game

I don't mind his gameplay, it's a lot more limited than the other character therefore his stylish potential is limited but you can sill fight like a coolguy with V and put up a show.
It's not that much of a shit.

That harlot robbed Vergil of his wizard powers

Dante is more fun to play as

This was before SE I believe

I'd buy 10 copies.

Attached: 1556756805362.png (2100x1450, 1.14M)

Source right fucking now. That game would do wonderful in today's setting. It was ahead of it's time for sure.

7 years

see

>rape dlc

Attached: 1555960628495.jpg (755x715, 195K)

>you will never rape vergil

Attached: 1552659333938.jpg (496x262, 35K)

I just want a remix of STW and DMC2 Dante outfit.

Attached: EBEbaTYVUAA5_3a.jpg (1305x1558, 121K)

>what the hell happened
Nothing. That's the problem. Capcom is still run by literal sub-80 iq brainlets who care more about their ancient petty grudges than their own company's success. The next Capcom game could be amazing, or it could be dogshit, and it all depends on how the stars align and how much these fat fucks interfere with the actual talent making the games. It's actually worse than the soulless husks companies like Blizzard and Bethesda have become, because at least with them there's precious little talent left. Capcom has been squandering the lives of some of the best game creators in the world for decades and they'll continue to do so until the last of the incestuous subhumans that run everything dies off.

if they have anything planed at all it makes sense from a business perspective that they release it along the new anime as a cross promotion, if nothing is released then the rumors of Itsuno's team have moved on to Dragon's Dogma 2 already are true.

I didn't mind the way DmC's rebellion looked in-game but damn is it ugly in real life.

I'm guessing it's Outbreak file 1 remake and would more than likely still has the Police building.

>all the idiots that think it will be like outbreak

>wanting yearly release faggotry
end yourself

If it's not like outbreak I won't buy it just like that shitty umbrella corps shit.

>no chest
>no shoulder
>just abs
that's lame though

Because every time there is one the DMC brigade rushes to its demise. Not going to lie, I do that shit sometimes. I love to hate that game, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't happen, either.

I think they have a team working on Itsuno's new project and a crew for DMC at the same time. Even if that's the case, Itsuno probably still has oversight over anything they do.

I like DMC5 but V is a faggot and I hate playing as a faggot.

>a crew for DMC
except that the DMC team is the new itsuno project team too

technically he fucked a woman

If only we could replace him with Vergil..

Wait for the next gen to come around where they'll release DMC5SE with Vergil, Trish and Lady playable alongside Turbo and LDK.

Posting on here is all fucked up.

Just take my money now.

Sure, waiting 2 more years and re buying the same game again sounds fantastic.

I was late to the party with DMC, only really getting into a couple years before 5. I understand the pain long time fans went through, but 5 was great. If 5 is the last we get then its a good place to end things on. Ideally we'd get some DLC/Special Edition stuff such as Vergil, Lady, Trish, new costumes, the "Divergence" mode, co-op for the game and BP. If we get 6 then I'll be happy if not, then its not the end of the world.

I wish you could just tell that to anyone who ever said Kingdom Hearts is "mash x to win."

They're working on DD2

True. It's not like I can't stand to see the story discontinued, it's just that I like to see all my favorite dead franchises come back to life at least once as a form of validation, as if to say "no, it's not just you, it really was that good and people actually do care about it." Thankfully, 2017-2019 is a good time for that. Cheers to FLCL season 3, Samurai Jack season 5, and the new Power Rangers movie. Haven't seen the new Hey Arnold movie or Invader Zim movie yet, but I have high hopes.

Wait until Dante blows you away in missions 10-14. Dude never stops unlocking shit.

Does anyone else feel like dmc5 Nero is the one true Nero? When I look at the generic anime pretty boy in 4, whining about his girlfriend and only having two weapons, I now feel like I'm looking at a complete stranger.

Can we just appreciate the fact that 5 is a game so rich in mechanics that it's still giving you tutorials IN THE END CREDITS? Hot damn, this game is awesome.

Attached: 1551800340510.jpg (400x461, 30K)

>I LIKE DMC

Attached: Dante.png (454x520, 16K)

cringe dontefag

WOW THE WACKY PIZZA GUY WOW HE HAS TWO GUNS AND JUGGLES DEMONS LIKE A PRO AND HE ALWAYS GO CUHRAYZEE

Attached: Smokin soy style.png (454x520, 13K)

Why do you keep trying to force this meme semen mind?

Dmc is trash, that's what happened
5 was just to make you shut the fuck up, specially that stupid vergil fanservice nonsense

>Dragon's Dogma 2 is the way more ambitious game
Sure, and the elder scrolls 6 will be a great rpg with good combat, fuck off

I didn’t know you could disable wire snatch. Is there anything you can disable for V?

>476007025
>dontefag didn't get the attention he wanted

Attached: Dante1.jpg (1080x1020, 146K)

Not him, but I'm seriously considering turning off that skating move. It always seems to turn on exactly when I don't want to an V sails past the spot to which I was walking.

>having more than 0 wojaks saved

I once made a DMC thread with a wojak OP as a joke. The janny deleted it even though there was healthy discussion going on.

Even sadder is that the shitposter most probably made it himself. What a sad pathetic man.

Well, only 3 was good so...