In their tongue he's known as Dovahkiin... WYVERNBORN

In their tongue he's known as Dovahkiin... WYVERNBORN

Attached: skyrimwyvern.jpg (1680x1050, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/dragon-chinese-dragons
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah lets just put a giant spike in the middle of its wings that will be badass and wont clip with anything.

>giant spike
It's his thumb

why the fuck would a wyvern need an opposable thumb?
is it gonna play the lute or something?

Attached: 1545989722732.jpg (1339x951, 646K)

It still says "Dragon" (which the creature is, by the way) on your pic sweaty :)

Prostate milking

Lawl your mad. How many times did you get btfo in random topics today before this became your default?

So many Skyrim thread lately. Truly Todd made a game for the ages.

retard

Attached: 1566461492965.png (550x751, 172K)

So what games have actual dragons with 4 legs?

literally got btfo right before entering this thread.

>this is your brain on dragon autism

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (with mods)

>acktually, it's a wyvern not a dragon

Attached: 1566951859490m.jpg (782x1024, 90K)

dragon's dogma, also has the best dragon

Skyrim is an example of a game with actual dragons. They don't have 4 legs, but that's a pretty weird requirement, if I'm to be honest with you, my friend

nah thats lair retard.

Why do people act like only losers can tell the difference? It's literally as easy as counting the legs.

Arent wyverns a type of dragons
Like a drake

No, dragons have four legs while wyverns have two

>Knows that Skyrim dragons are technically Wyverns
>Doesn’t know how wings work

EMBARRASSING

Dragalia Lost

Attached: 1548987822717m.jpg (576x1024, 73K)

You need to be a loser to give a shit, a double loser to be too stupid to realise "dragon" and "wyvern" are the same thing linguistically and it shouldn't be a requirement for every fictional univere to differentiate between them like D&D, and triple loser to shitpost about it on Yea Forums

They’re both types of dragons though

Insisting upon Wyvern is like correcting someone when they call a Tiger a Big Cat. It’s both, one is simply more specific

Guys, guys. Let me tell you a secret.
Dragons don't exist

Reminder that the wyvern vs dragon debate is the scalefag version of complaining about ugly western women, just ignore it

this
dragons are not real you fucking autisting retards, stop shitposting about us

Sorry man I didn't make up the rules, some Welsh guy did 883 years ago

>birds and bats fly through the power of jazz hands

kek

based

Attached: 1564469201282.jpg (398x376, 16K)

>us

Attached: 1567047591124.png (231x282, 89K)

Disgrace.

cute feet

Reminder that Molag Bal made his own Dragon that is more accurate than fucking Akatosh. Akatosh is a hack.

Attached: 1551884038671.png (942x705, 26K)

Seriously what the fuck where they thinking making wyverns and calling them dragons?

Attached: 1554031662637.jpg (1456x896, 144K)

Because wyverns are dragons.

Delet this immediately

Attached: 1486872045063.png (515x525, 464K)

Please marry me if you are female

Attached: 1547411086305.png (154x154, 29K)

imagine if dragons were real and you could get accused of being racist to wyverns

How the hell would a four-legged dragon even fly? Without looking goofy as shit?

Attached: dragons.jpg (1280x907, 112K)

Dragons are fat sacks of shit, they would need wings a 100x their size to fly

I'm sure you're about to post a link to your peer-reviewed scientifically accurate dragonologist publication. I'm waiting.

Never watched How to train your dragon?

>Please be in Skyrim

I just like all dragon.

Attached: images (4).jpg (554x554, 37K)

I wanna mount that dragon

Attached: 1410197303491.png (321x322, 32K)

Sexy dragons

Attached: 1558290202047.jpg (508x617, 51K)

Are there any Skyrim mods to make the Dragons fuckable?

Unfortunately I know only the ones that fuck you

Doesn't have poison... Not a wyvern

The real reason Bethesda and every other developer make wyverns (despite them not actually being a proper wyvern) is to cut time on modeling the dragon for smaller budget.
even LOTR made Smaug into a wyvern when in the books he was always a regular 4 legged dragon that later lost his two legs (that doesnt magically give him wyvern wings)

TLDR; people are fucking lazy

why is the bat so smug

it's easier to model and animate 4 limbs instead of 6

We can all tell when something is a wyvern
But in most settings a wyvern is a type of dragon, the only one I can think of where this isn't the case is D&D

:thinking:

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-29 wyvern - Google Search.png (640x298, 9K)

Aren't wyverns a subspecies of dragon so it's technically correct?

The real reason is that it looks like an animal that could actually fly while a 4 legged dragon doesn't.

I mean, you're right to a degree... But fuck you anyway. Wyverns are just so much cooler. You are just too much of a fucking pleb to get it.

>having shit taste

Attached: 29t7394.jpg (770x433, 56K)

By being magical

My fantasy is finding a gf and sleeping with her, then finding out that she is a really a dragon in human form. I want a dragon gf!

Final Fantasy has proper dragons, at least some games of the series.

Why hasn't somebody made a mod replacing the western dragons with Chinese dragons yet?

Attached: download (9).jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

moddb.com/mods/dragon-chinese-dragons

wrong question. the wings of skyrim """""""dragons""""""" are unrealistically too small anyway. they need to span far wider than what we have in the game. there was even a mod that addressed exactly that.

man, I'd install that if it wasn't so lore-breaking.

Even their own animations?
Neat

Here's your dragon bro

Attached: mhw-kirin_render.png (530x557, 245K)

>4-legged dragon can't possibly fly

says who? and how would you prove that? you can't. if the wings are wide and strong enough then the dragon flies. 2 more limbs/arms are not that much more weight so I don't see how any of what you say makes sense.

>a fucking unicorn

Attached: 1564043149989.png (321x322, 24K)

wonder if somebody told todd after the game launched and dude went OH SHIT

spam Todd's mailbox with that until they retcon their shit wyverns to actual dragons

>fucking a unicorn

Attached: SJIJLYB.jpg (600x315, 40K)

yes and dogs are wolves and humans are monkeys

>Skyrim
>Having respectable lore
You retard.

Attached: IMG_0034.jpg (630x1200, 93K)

Not only do the extra legs add weight they increase drag. There is a reason birds and bats only have 2 legs.

darkest soul

Attached: dem.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

It has been a while but I believe in d&d which is the only major thing to have wyverns be not dragons quetzalcoatl actually are a type of dragon

because he got the digits

dungeons & dragons rpgs

>every other developer make wyverns

who are you even talking about?
Capcom made real dragons for Dragon's Dogma. Fromsoft made real dragons for Dark Souls. Obsidian made actual dragons. Bioware, Black Isle and Interplay did the same back in the day. They have no excuse for not making dragons with 4 legs + wings.

If the wings are larger than their body and heavy enough,it can fly.
Lets not talk about how it would survive though

In Fire Emblem is the opposite. Wyverns have 4 legs

Attached: nRXgjrS.png (2044x1907, 3.04M)

>cant read
I'm talking about the devs who make wyverns and call them dragons,clearly their intention was to make a dragon,not a wyvern

then their wyverns are just more slender or smaller dragons or something.

Dragons have been around as a concept for a very long time
Nothing can be set in stone about them at this point

but that's only Bethesda afaik so again: what developer also does that? because I don't know any other than Bethesda.

Those are dragons in lore, just retarded.

Once I learned anatomy and biology, I can't unsee just how fucking "lazy" evolution is. Pretty much every land-based non-insect uses the same basic skeletal structure just with different sizes of bones.

Blew my mind when I learned that a giraffe has thirteen vertebrae. Literally no different from a human or a rat. The columns are just longer.

The only game ever made where this imaginary distinction matters Is Fire emblem

Attached: 1566763115166m.jpg (876x1024, 117K)

I've never known how to pronounce wyvern. Is it why-vern?

I wish i was the horseman of death, so i could delete all of these Dogma and D&D retards and use their souls as fuel for the ruinous powers.

told todd what?
that he got dragons right?
that's what elder scrolls dragons have always looked like, going on, what, 23 years now? longer than the retards who make these threads have been alive

Attached: battlespiredragon.webm (640x480, 1.58M)

>you're about to witness a Fodlan moment.

How far are we?

Attached: 1566379729141.png (1280x1280, 990K)

This is a Dragon in Japan

Attached: Sothis_Neutral.png (250x300, 110K)

>battlespiredragon
>dragon

call me a wyvern? say it to my faces not online see what happens

Attached: 2019 Godzilla King of the Monsters.mkv_snapshot_01.56.56_[2019.08.29_16.45.40].png (1920x800, 2.3M)

correct

incorrect

>dragon
>not wyvern

wee vern

Monster Hunter's use of the word "wyvern" as short for "dangerous creature" is consistent in-universe at least. Other shit like Nibelsnarfs and Velocidromes are called wyverns too.

Wyverns are just winged dragons in heraldry.
You fell for the DnD Jew.

>Wii-vern
>Buy Nintendo :^)

terrible example, having 2 extra limbs is a fuckhuge difference

a better example would scorpions with spiders. they are in the same family, but there's no way in hell you could call scorpion "a type of spider"

Well, you're free to try and do better.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REPORT OP

THIS NIGGER KEEP SMAKING THE SAMER FUCKING SHIT EVEY DAY, IF IT ISNT ION FURY, IS THIS SHIT!

Attached: 1566151304556.png (1542x6365, 1.64M)

I don't understand
Why no one complained during morrowind and oblivion that dragon statues in truth are wyvern statues?
Why no one complained about tolkien calling giant not flying worm a true dragon?
Is it a recent thing newfags do or something?

It's one fucking autist that can't comprehend that dragons were a thing well before gary gygax thought it would be cool to have creatures that look like dragons but aren't

Because the shitposter that keeps making threads like this wasn't born back then

DnD didn't exist when Tolkien wrote his books.
Most of the redditors repeating that bullshit probably haven't plYed dnd either though.

To use as support while walking you fucktard

I can't, but humanity's best will in a hundred years.

I mean take the human hand for example. Both an amazing gift that pulled us out of monkeyville but also a colossal piece of shit. The little finger is worthless. If we had two thumbs on either side of our hands sort of like pic related, our grip strength would exponentially increase along with dexterity of manipulating objects. The non-thumb side of your hand is literally the "exploit the fuck out of it" target of every martial art known to man. It's the direction you yank tools and weapons out of to disarm someone.

Attached: d4l22aj-b09f447e-6e9d-4648-b9b7-e051648bd536.jpg (700x376, 42K)

Wings or gtfo

calling that dragon a wyvern would be wrong though. it's explicitly referred to as a dragon, just like the dragons in skyrim. nobody in-game has ever referred to them as wyverns. you can use wrong terminology for things if you like but it will only serve to confuse those you talk to, same reason you don't call dunmer "drows"

Just report the autist and the mods will rangeban him, he keeps spamming this shit every day

Oooooo!

Attached: 6a285089ff87964df7bd7e13205dd80696c81aba_full.jpg (184x184, 18K)

But If he gets rangebaned that might fuck up other nearby posters, I am willing to put up with the daily wyvern thread if it means other people don't get unfairly fucked over

Wrong.

Wyverns ARE dragons.
Hi OP

Right, nigger. Nearly all the strength in your grip comes from your thumb.

If you were the only mammal that could fly (take your "gliding" to the fucking dirt, flying squirrels, since that's where gravity will inevitably drag you when you can't flap), wouldn't you be?

You fucking brainless fool how am I going to fap properly with a second thumb banging on my balls just think about it logically you cunt Jesus I'm mad now I'll go and fap

you're wrong. the thumb has significantly more strength than any other digit on your hand. it has almost five times the muscle mass around its metacarpal bone compared to the other four in your hand.

See

Maybe for you pussy. I got a ring finger that could grip and rip your butthole out. No homosex ofc

>Wyverns are dragons
no they aren't, there's a 2 leg difference

Real men shove the thumb in the pooper.

Attached: meaty.jpg (798x906, 140K)

Do you have a fetish for protoss hands or something?

Attached: Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg (279x315, 8K)

Interesting that you chose to samefag and thought that was what's wrong about the post.

Didn't this comic end with the horn falling off because it was fake and it just turned out to be a normal horse that wanted human dick?
Or was that something else?

>hur dur if I don't want to fuck over a bunch of people because of something that never has more than one thread going at a time I must be the person making those threads

Plenty of dragons have no legs, the term goes back to Latin and there it was synonymous with a bid snake.

Didn't samefag, if you're talking about the martial art stuff you're extra wrong. The taught trick of every hand-to-hand self-defence method when it comes to disarming is to grab the weapon by the none-thumb side of the hand and rotate it out of the grip.

Nope, just stating it's the future of hand anatomy. Whether it be mechanical or biological manipulation. That little finger is getting dumpstered.

Attached: Capture.jpg (997x446, 31K)

triggered
Still no but closer.

>In their tongue he's known as Dovahkiin... WYVERNBORN
Better than Insectborn

Are you being cheeky and referring to the run method as the counter to anybody with a weapon?

BTFO

Unfortunately it's still extremely potent bait

It's 7 cervical vertebrae, moron.

>All six limbed beings are insects
Fuck off insectfag
T. Springtail

Salamanders look like cool guys to me

Those models look stolen from something

Yeah well your mother has seven cases of cervical cancer.

I legit believe Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls title ever released.

I have a very high end PC with a 2080 ti GPU, and even though the game is buggy as fuck and capped at 60fps it's the only thing I can tolerate playing in my current gaming burnout.

The amount of soul this game has incredible.

Attached: 1566857379575.jpg (573x544, 219K)

>hands consisting of two index fingers and two thumbs
lets be honest dude even if we evolved over a million years with hands like that we'd still consider them to looks weird as fuck and 5 fingers with one opposable thumb to be more aesthetically pleasing.

Attached: 0m59JtD.jpg.png (1500x1458, 206K)

Based.

Attached: 1544456910722.png (670x1082, 433K)

Sangheilli hands are cute!

Monster Hunter

You retards don't understand that just like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares, all wyverns are dragons but not all dragons are wyverns.

Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3

This picture fucks up, though. Quetzalcoatls have wings.

Attached: 1470068527016.jpg (980x552, 177K)

Is Rouge the Bat a dragon? She has six limbs

sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. mostly he doesn't

Motherfucker a Wyvern is definitely a type of dragon. They both have scales, bat wings, claws, are basically lizards, and breathe fire. Hell, the only thing they don’t have in common is the lack of arms on one, and certain organs and limbs are missing between spiders.

This thread is giving my high blood pressure. What is it about autist arguing that a vaguely described mythological creature should have a singular arbitrary definition across all fictional works that pisses me off so much. Does the fact that it makes me mad make me the bigger autist?

That's a wyvern, dragons have four legs and a pair of wings, rather than two legs and a pair of wings.

Is Yea Forums down in general?

no, she's an insect

St George and the Dragon, circa 1470

Attached: st_george_dragon.jpg (1400x1049, 566K)

It's a futile discussion because there is no decisive conclusion to it.

You could say that "dragon" is a general term in the same way "lizard" is, making dragons an order that contains the different families, such as wyverns, wyrms, and all that stuff. Referring to them as dragons would still be correct in the same way iguanas, agamas, skinks, etc. are all lizards.

But then the other side could say "Well, their classification works differently. Wyverns are to dragons what tuataras are to lizards. They resemble each other a lot and are easy to mix up, but referring to them as each other's name is incorrect. Therefore dragons, wyverns, wyrms and such are all their own orders of fantasy reptiles that contain specific families within them like elemental wyverns, dwarf wyverns, whatever.

In the end they are fictional animals with no strict classification, so it purely depends on the creator of the fanatsy world to decide about it.

in D&D lore maybe, but functioning people don't LARP about insect lizards all day

the japanese wyvern looks like a gay furry

in D&D lore maybe, but functioning people don't LARP about insect lizards all day

Alduin making the GUSIC face

Wouldn’t be Chinese otherwise

Can we all agree that "wyvern" is pronounced "why-vern" and not "wih-vern"? I almost punched my monitor playing that Dragon Age 2 DLC because of this

May-ro

the statue of akatosh in oblivion was a wyvern too...

Attached: 1558384168179.jpg (1280x1024, 630K)

Alduin making the GUSIC face

kek'd

Attached: 1564378249460.png (185x224, 58K)

MH's usage of wyvern and dragon is their own take. Wyverns are dangerous animals that threaten other species, while elder dragons threaten entire ecosystems.

so what you're telling me is that DNA is actually just a bunch of tiny programmers

so was his mom or dad the dragon?

the dovakhiin is just the soul of a dragon in the body of a mortal, it could be literally anyone at random

I love dragons

Attached: 1553021555913.png (728x580, 549K)

wyvern, dragon, i don't care, i just want a friend with a cold, scaly body to embrace me in a hug then kill me, preferably in that order

Attached: 1541930880771.jpg (750x733, 170K)

>her hairline
OH NO NO NO

>If you're not stupid or you care at all you're a loser incel
Truly, we live in a society.

Attached: 1564986126472.jpg (363x425, 24K)

This goes back to heraldry from the middle ages, not the middle ages. Although it was not consistent between countries, the wyvern/dragon distinction began then.

heraldry is literally LARPing so

This is the most autistic picture i have ever seen

Gothic 2 has dragons with small t-rex hands
type gothic finkregh for example into google images
i can't post pictures

>if you're not stupid
but I mentioned being stupid as one of the reasons for being a loser
cry me a river autismo, nobody has an obligation to follow D&D's rules

>gothic finkregh
they look silly

how do you explain 4 legged birds and bats then?

at least they're not fucking wyverns

what mod

fucking idiot, dumb fuck.