What went wrong? Will the next xbox do even worse?

What went wrong? Will the next xbox do even worse?

Attached: Capture.png (1608x772, 462K)

Seeing as Microsoft is making sure to try and put their Xbox games live service on every possible platform.
Yes.
It used to be "Why get a Xbone when everything is on PC"
Now it's going to be "Why get a Scarlet when everything is on everything else."

Nothing, Mattrick's plan to destroy Microsoft's console division worked perfectly.

I liked Don better.

>Switch is gonna past it
I guess now we know Microsoft have been buddying up with Nintendo

Imagine being the biggest corporation in the world but you can't outsell a Japanese TV company and a toy company.

PS4 has the potential to be the third best selling console of all time. HOW??

Xbone had a great back half this Gen of QoL stuff. The only problem was the lack of exclusives.
Their strategy of buying a shit ton of studios and developing game streaming along with wider platforms. I expect "the company" to do a lot better than "the console" in the next gen. MS still gets $$$ every time someone buys Cuphead on Switch. If no third party companies want to take on the Switch, why not another 1st party? It plants seeds for a fanbase for future timed exclusives, "Get Cuphead 2 only on Scarlet" and the such. Plus Game Pass coming to PC is also a thing, we'll see how well they embrace it next gen.

The hope for fans is that they continue what they have been doing since the back half of this gen, more QoL, more "free" games, more funding for creating and localization of games.

MS make their most money on Software not related to video games. They're fine.

its pretty much guaranteed to be the second best selling console by the end of the year

Next Xbox will shit on the Xbone.

I want have a semi serious conversation about Xbox. What needs to be done in order to capture the 360 magic again?

>what went wrong

>forced kinect bundling (which was shown to be literally fucking spying on you and listening to everything you said)

>tried to force always online connection or it would lock your console until you did connect to the internet

>Tried to force shitty anti consumer one console marking of games making it so you can't barrow,loan or buy used games

>Shit canned all of their exclusives most of which looked really good thus making people thing, "Well then why the fuck would I get one?"

>Shitty attitude towards the public after they got hit with the back lash "If you don't like it, don't buy it" (Boy, where does that sound familiar?)

>A lot of their mainline titles had horrendous bugs and glitches that took 6+ months to fix (MCC for example, some of those bugs still aren't fixed YEARS later)
What went wrong?

No fuckin idea champ.

Attached: 1508177490699.gif (300x168, 726K)

>it's going to pass it this year

Xbox is a failure and microshit should've given up after XB1

I dont think they can.
It was a place and time thing.
What made the 360 more appealing than the ps3 is the fact that the ps3 was shit and xbox live was an amazing new thing.
The ps3 sucked so much ass that people kept buying xbox after xbox when they got red ringed.
But by the end of the generation the ps3 eventually outsold the 360. PlayStation has always been a stronger brand around the world and aside from anglo countries i cant see them ever getting anywhere near sony again.

They are fucked. They could have played that pro gamer/anti-censorship card like nintendo did, but they didn't/couldn't because microsoft is filled with SJW like any tech company.
Therefore they have nothing to offer compared to Sony, especially in terms of exclusive.

It needs to be as cheap as PS5 or cheaper, it needs to completely re-ignite Halo as a top 5 franchise and have multiple killer exclusives in its first year.

why don't they just sell the a desktop PC that plays xbox games and call it XBOX
it's like a console with word and excel and a browser

Game Pass has been good for the price, and Play Anywhere too.

A lot went wrong. Microsoft fails at every single thing they don't hold a monopoly on. They literally don't know how to compete.

Hyperbole much? Get the dick out of your ass they're like every other corporation some good decisions a lot of bad. If they were incapable of competing are at least adopting their competitor's ideas they'd be bankrupt.

The 360 thrived from non-gamer bros that liked shitty TV, so having those guys grow up into wage slave status and every incoming kid preferring mobile devices, it makes sense there's no way the platform can be good again.

microshit made a blunder effort at broadening their target audience for the device, while the device was insufficiently differentiated from sony's at its core competency
there has never been a reason to own an xbone

How long did they set their sales target for?

come out a year earlier and hundreds of dollars cheaper than the ps5

You reek of assblast. Search a doctor.

RROD all over again

maybe don't try to make a home spying device
honestly if you go to work at one of these companies that tries to install home monitoring into everyone's residence, for big data delusions, just drive across the median on your way to work and make the world a better place