My favourite JRPG is Persona 5. Recommend me other JRPG's in order to change my mind

My favourite JRPG is Persona 5. Recommend me other JRPG's in order to change my mind.

Attached: og_image.jpg (600x315, 50K)

Yakuza 7

If that’s really the case your problem is much deeper than just shit taste in games, it suggests a stunted development of basic cognitive functions

Name a better JRPG then

Romancing SaGa

That's your nostalgia talking

It must be, when I played it at 2 years old in Japanese in 1991

>you can only have nostalgia for something if you experienced it when it released
I don't think you know what nostalgia means

>you can have nostalgia for a game you played literally 5 minutes ago
I don't think you know what nostalgia means

So you've played five minutes of Romancing SaGa? Got it.

Based retard poster

Yakuza 7

Attached: Yakuza 7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

Looks more interesting that most Yakuza games

any other persona game

Played 1 and 4 and they were worse

>played 1
>played 4 (vanilla)
theres your problem

It was 4 Golden. Marie was shit.

shes literally optional

>the main added content is shit
>"just ignore it!"

>"reee fuck this new character thats completely optional"
>just ignore it
>"WHAT THE FUCK BRO WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME TO SKIP SOMETHING THAT I DON'T LIKE??"
Your taste in JRPGS are shit. Play literally any other franchise instead of Nusona that is all style and no substance you fucking child

Attached: 1565739233122.jpg (1079x1115, 208K)

>p4 isn't nusona

1-4 are literally nonexistent because Persona 5 bronies never fucking shut up about how "PERSONA 5 IS SO COOOL!!!" "LAST SURPRISE HAHA SUCH AN EPIC TUNE!!" and shit like that. If you thought people saying Persona started at 3 then you'll hate the fact that Persona 5 fags will only talk and play Persona 5 related things and completey ignore its other entries or even the fucking mainline series SMT. All because muh persona 5 and how cool it is. Persona 5 is where the series died. And why I reverted back to SMT. It was a good spinoff doing its own thing with taking a break from the whole dark atmosphere of SMT, but now it's just pandering up the wall to the extreme. Which is why 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

Literally any other JRPG

>it's the worst because it's popular
I've tried two other entries in the series, I'm willing to try 3, and I've played numerous SMT games. I like Persona and SMT, but P5 is my favourite.

Based. I don’t see how P5fags think their game is different from the average cringe weeb trash apart from muh style

Play nocturne

Attached: 1564260419380.png (241x314, 129K)

Okay, now this is epic
I have, but unfortunately my disc is fucked and the game kept freezing at a certain part so I had to give up. I was enjoying it but I actually liked SMT IV more. Granted Nocturne could get better later on. Fingers crossed for some kind of port or remaster.

>its worst because popular
No. It's worst because its all style and no substance. The story is rushed and the characters never EVER develop outside of their confidants which even then arent that great (Fucking Yusuke and Haru are completely ignored after their arcs and each character's quirk i.e Ryuji being a meathead and Ann being sexy are their only character thats milked from start to end) And lastly Akechi is bootleg Adachi and a way shitter plot twist thats basically SOOOO fucking obvious from start to end. The only good parts about 5 are its soundtrack, the gameplay, and funnily enough, the way more likeable confidants.
Yusuke is the only phantom thief I still liked throughout that entire shithshow. Fuck P5

Attached: stop.jpg (400x684, 32K)

Okay. As long as you're getting some mainline in your system

>implying P4's cast was any better
>implying P4's writing is any better
I like some of P4's characters, but then you get characters like Rise and Teddy who are insufferable. I think Makoto can get pretty grating at times but I'd take her over Teddy any day.
I've played a few mainline titles. I like Persona more but that core SMT gameplay is enjoyable. Constant dungeon crawling just gets a bit repetitive for my liking.

thats understandable Teddie and Rise are the fucking worse but seriously Makoto is nothing but the i am smart and thats it sort of girl that they wanna force you to love like shes Joker's actual gf or something. And let me tell you that P4's writing isnt the best but fuck me it had good character interactions and atleast a consistency throughout the entire game that wasn't forced palace backstorys and boring shit like that

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

>Teddie and Rise are the fucking worse but seriously Makoto is nothing but the i am smart
Yeah, I know. She sucks but less so than Teddie.
>it had good character interactions
So does 5. I mean Rise doesn't even feel like she's part of the group in 4, she just tries to seduce the MC while everyone else raises and eyebrow.
>consistency throughout the game
A little girl dies and comes back to life for no reason.
You know this is one I'm actually extremely eager to play, but unfortunately it's stupidly expensive.

>Hates 1
Retard

Xenoblade
Xenosaga
Xenogears

Dolphin is as good as emulation gets. If you have a half decent PC you can run it.

imagine not being able to emulate in 2019

Dragon Quest XI

Attached: 241356.jpg (345x832, 54K)

When did I say I hated it?
My laptop ain't great.

Literally any PSX Final fantasy

Absolutely not. I don't think it's a bad game but it does absolutely nothing interesting. Also that music drove me fucking mental.

5's character interaction consists of them either being pissed off at adults or running around acting like retard teenagers. p4's cast actually feel like they're real people dealing with a situation like there's, and arent just retards doing shit and being like "We are cool phantom theeves yay"

I'm playing IX at the moment and honestly it's shaping up to be my new favourite. VII's good but I think it's aged pretty poorly in quite a few areas. Haven't bothered with VIII, doesn't interest me.

>teenagers get magical super powers and enjoy the fact that they can get back at people
>this isn't realistic

It's realistic, however it's not realistic they'd keep going "We're so fucking cool yeah" the entire game. You too would eventually have accepted it as the norm and not that special after a long while.

But hey eff adults right my fellow gamer?

>however it's not realistic they'd keep going "We're so fucking cool yeah" the entire game
Do they do this? I think it's only Ryuji who keeps bringing up how cool it is, which fits his characterisation.

Try out breath of fire or Suikoden II

Have you tried other Persona games and Megaten games?

I have Suikoden 1 and 2 on my hacked Playstation Classic, so it's just a matter of actually making time for them. I played the GBA port of one of the Breath of Fire games and it didn't really do much for me. Maybe I'd like it more now but I don't have the interest to play it.
I've played Persona 1 and 4, and SMT Strange Journey, IV and Nocturne. I enjoyed them all to varying degrees (less so Persona 1 but there was still stuff I liked about it) but 5 ended up being the right mix of elements for me.

Imagine thinking trash like Pokemon and Yo kai Watch are better JRPGs than Persona 5

They are... Persona 5 is cancer

The Devil Survivor games are a pretty good mix of a somewhat Persona-style cast and Mainline's atmosphere with a unique spin on the gameplay

>implying P4's cast was any better
>implying P4's writing is any better
And he is right. Persona 4 is a literary masterpiece compared to Persona 5. I can't believe someone can stand more than 5 minutes of that cringy, nonsensical garbage. Persona 4 is peak bildungsroman kino.

Xenoblade 1
Xenoblade 2

You're right. The problem is that Hashino decided to write 5 himself and he is simply a terrible writer. Anime loving nigger teens don't mind that and that's the majority of the P5 fanbase.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2

Attached: KH1.jpg (287x452, 34K)

P5’s writing is worse than most anime.

SMT IV: Apocolypes is a more refined version of SMT IV gameplay wise. Has some persona like characters who help you out during combats.

I played KH1 and it was kind of rough.
I've been curious to try IV: A, probably will someday.

Nocturne
Grandia
Romancing SaGa 2
Digimon Cyber Slueth
Played these all last week and much better than P5 will ever be.

This.

Absolutely yes

>all these trash games
>good
>better than persona 5
Also you literally just played Nocturne you absolute newfag

this is why you don't take these falseflaggers seriously.

Attached: unimpressed.png (376x504, 241K)

No those are good games. You're confusing a piece of shit like P5 with actual good games.

>better plots
>actually good gameplay
>non shit music
>no insufferable unlikable characters
Imagine liking P5 and being this tasteless.

It's ironic too because Ryuji is probably the easiest to relate to. Every other character feels like they came straight out of some shitty cartoon and behave more like automatons following meme tropes than actual people

>likes Nocturne and thinks P5 is bad
You’re trying too hard to be contrarian, stop embarrassing yourself.

Nocturne is good while P5 is bad. Yes that's true.

whats wrong with p4 or p4g exactly? it is the one of the most cozy jrpgs I have tried.
its p3 without the cringe angst. the dungeons are fucking terrible but its not like other persona games have better dungeons.

Nocturne is shit, it’s one of the worst SMT games Nocturnebabby.

explain how Nocturne, Grandia and Romancing Saga have better gameplay than P5

I think that's only really applicable for Futaba and maybe Makoto, but even then I knew girls in school like Makoto (and they were annoying).

Nope. Its actually good unlike P5.

>whats wrong with p4 or p4g exactly?
I like P4G, I just think 5 does pretty much everything better.

>worse story
>worse gameplay
>worse characters
>worse music
Nice try

>worse story
Both games kind of drop the ball narratively towards the end
>worse gameplay
Literally false
>worse characters
Nah. Nothing in 5 is as bad as Teddie
>worse music
4 has a couple of memorable tracks but the soundtrack isn't that special. It's unique for a JRPG, but the actual tracks are kind of weak in a lot of instances

Imagine being this delusional about P4 of all games, the worst Persona game

Less broken, more depth, more customisation, better utilization of turn based mechanics

>Both games kind of drop the ball narratively towards the end
No P5 is beginning to end
>Literally false
Objectively true. Anyone who thinks P5 is good has zero understanding of game design
>Nah. Nothing in 5 is as bad as Teddie
It's called the entire cast
>4 has a couple of memorable tracks but the soundtrack isn't that special
And 5 has no good tracks with all of them being unmemorable and shitty

Isn't Futaba a 15 year old hikki that's also some famous superhacker too?

She's just a Mary sue

I literally mentioned Futaba in my post as the main example of this.

>Nothing in 5 is as bad as Teddie
Morgana. At least Teddie's character arc had to do with the theme of the game which is a shame too. Teddie is one of the better written characters in the game in terms of his development but he's so unbearably annoying I just hate him on instinct

Just wanted clarification. Also what school did you go to with starving artists, supermodels and the heiress of burger king?

Teddie's character arc literally has him gaining a human body for no fucking reason. It was so illogical and nonsensical that it made me lose any prior engagement I had with the character. Completely squandered potential.

I went to school with a pretty eclectic group of people, I'll say that much

Sooo whats wrong with it? I personally dont hate other persona games but I just dont understand why P4 is considered the worst except not having edgy enough story.

Why do some people hate this game so much? Like most weeb games fly under the radar but this one cops an irrational amount of flak for doing things basically every other JRPG does.
Like look at this guy who unironically thinks Digimon fucking Cyber Sleuth is a better made game than P5 even though it’s just an SMT clone with an English localisation that I swear was done by google translate

This is my main problem with 5. 3 and especially 4 had some anime stereotype bullshit, but the writers usually did something interesting with it. In 5 they got lazy or ran out of ideas or something.

Because it's a bad game normalfags love to pretend is good. Any jrpg is better than 5 especially Cyber Sleuth.

because it's popular

You have to keep in mind just how many groups of people have reason to hate this game

>nintendofags hate it because it didn’t get ported
>smashfags (95% of the board) hate it because it got shoehorned into smash for no apparent reason
>PCfags hate it because never ever (hurr yes emulation, enjoy your vanilla version only with glitches at sub 30 FPS)
>anti-JRPG/animefags hate it because it’s the embodiment of everything they despise in a game
>xenofags hate it because apparently there was some non-existent war between the two games when they came out
>FF15fags hate it because it got so much more love and quality put into it than the broken mess that is FFXV
>nierfags hate it because some people like P5’s soundtrack better
>SMTfags hate it because it’s a Persona game and therefore is continuing to rob attention from the mainline games
>even some personafags hate it because it didn’t live up to their hype or they have some random nitpick with it that ruins the entire game for them

>smashfags (95% of the board) hate it because it got shoehorned into smash for no apparent reason
Those people are fucking retarded. Who else would be a better Megaten rep than the main character from the most popular game in the franchise.

Maybe a character from a good MegaTen game that's actually on a Nintendo console. Not fucking trash real fans hate

fpbp

Someone here clearly didn't play the game. Even after he "became human" they still couldn't determine what he was, he had to find out who he was for himself. During his time in the real world he started to make friends with Nanako and was shown to be affected the most besides probably Dojima when it looked like she had passed. This results in him realizing that he was a shadow all along just pretending to be human but it didn't matter who he was because at the end of the day he acted no different from any other human.
Morgana on the other hand was constantly padding the game with unnecessary dialogue and kept getting into pointless spats with Ryuji that resulted in some stupid subplot where he leaves the gang and tries to recruit Haru because he's trying to convince himself that he was always human but instead it turns out that he like half the cast was yet another plot device revealed last minute when the story should have already been over by the time you were done with Senator Kamiya. It didn't even matter that he disappeared because he just came back anyway as if nothing has any real consequence.
The mascot

Attached: 1511676658885.jpg (200x229, 5K)

So a character that the majority of Smashfags wouldn't recognise or know?
Jack Frost would just be a less interesting Ice Climbers.

YHVH

Why do Smashfags need to know who the character is? It's reasons like this we get shitty characters from bad games like Joker in Smash

kek based. OP on suicide watch.

>Why do Smashfags need to know who the character is?
Because they're trying to get people to buy the character

Nobody wants another meme anime man

If they wanted to do that they shouldn't use shitty characters like piranha plant or Joker.