Undertale

Why do people like this game again?

Attached: E2F05255-48E4-4FB8-8B7B-D7A8DCC38D8A.png (1920x1080, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EjXn5qiM8Zw?t=904
youtube.com/watch?v=VT9BfLVbnI8
youtube.com/watch?v=omZ4-wFlScE
youtube.com/watch?v=hxC3ILPiz98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fpbp

gotes mostly

>Yea Forums acts contrarian for the sake of being contrarian
Like a broken record

Attached: 022.png (1067x418, 91K)

Playing the demo years ago and seeing how flowey knew you reloaded saves to not kill toriel sold me on this game

>Biased review did by someone who was very new at doing it at time

Music is really good. If it weren't for the music I wouldn't like it as much.

It's good

It has cute cartoon characters and is pretty much like a playable anime. That's it.

>citing IGN of all fucking sites

Attached: 1334329164853.jpg (600x623, 66K)

>fun characters
>didn't overstay its welcome
>good music
>decent story
>lots of hidden details that are neat
>combat system that is (at the time) pretty refreshing
>memorable

its a good time desu
i do wish combat in pacifist was a little harder desu but thats about it

Attached: ewfewfwef.png (294x391, 171K)

its like by furrys and trannys

I always thought it was because of the premise (that you don't HAVE to fight anything and, in fact, you're encouraged not to).

Also Genocide route appeals to hardcore edgelords.

>tfw some chiptune faux-8 bit RPG does Spec Ops: The Line's message better than it did

That doesnt say much if I had to be honest, the execution here isn't that great either, morals are always complex to talk about

Coming from someone that thinks the game is average at best:
The gameplay is an entry level experience for both RPGs and shmups, which appeals to people that aren't experienced with neither. The characters are very charming and cartoonish without becoming too grating... mostly. The story is simple to follow and allows you to focus on the core message and the meta-narrative without much distraction. Even if you're not paying much attention, you kinda "get" what the game's supposed to be about. The graphics aren't great but still manage to keep a solid style, and the music is pretty freaking good.

It's more of an experience than anything. If you never seen a deconstruction of a genre before, it's probably going to have a huge impact on you. As for me, I already played Spec Ops, Live a Live and MGQ, so I found the game pretty meh, with a few great moments here and there and a kickass OST that bumps it up a notch.

top kek nice reddit silver

I just think the music is neat

It's nice

Attached: Capture.jpg (944x248, 26K)

It's the best game ever made! It's more than a game: It exposes the dual nature of the human spirit. The only way to win the game is to be Frisk but you wanna be Chara so you can do cool shit - you see, it's a constant battle between good and evil, and Frisk must never stray from the path of pacifism and if our murderous curiosity gets the lead, then evil will triumph over good and that's the true conflict of the human SOUL!
And to deny the evil completely would only would only force it to the subconscious mind - like Asgore isolated on his mountain trying to find redemption. People don't wanna step outside of their comfort zone when playing a game, like Frisk falling in a different world. He's unwelcome! Nevertheless, he must abide by his own good nature.
No wonder weapons are useless against Sans! The game does not reward you for acting upon your malevolent intentions. It's a proposed guideline for a set of morality rules to be programmed through real life. It uses monster society as a fundamental deciption of outward hostility and inward kindness. It's a metaphor for social and ethical fragmentation. It eludes the Freud theory of repression, in which unacceptable desires or impulses are excluded from the conscious mind and left to operate on their own... in the unconscious.

oh thank god, I thought this was a copypasta I wrote from when it was first released

glad to see it isn't mine

youtu.be/EjXn5qiM8Zw?t=904

the soundtrack, mostly
youtube.com/watch?v=VT9BfLVbnI8
youtube.com/watch?v=omZ4-wFlScE
youtube.com/watch?v=hxC3ILPiz98

Attached: 1566712055481.jpg (570x587, 43K)

This
I've been saying the exact same thing. It ain't really a game, but rather an experience in a guise of a game
But I'm more inclining to Toby's own rating, aka 8/10 at the best. The evident weakpoints like the pretty crude, basic gameplay just suits the game in a synthetic manner, with all of the other aspects of the game like music, artstyle and general desing
Otherwise spot on. When it comes to visual design, there sure as fuck is lack of polish at parts, cuz hell, there really are sights to behold and then you get let down by low-end, lazy design corridors. Some segments of the game are just straight out designed/written bad or one-dimensional, cheap, or going far too deep into overly quirky territory

Goat tits, Decent soundtrack.

I like shota goats