Important story boss has generic boss-theme

>Important story boss has generic boss-theme
>But Boss-Music changes to a character's theme if you take him along

Attached: magus.png (470x620, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=stW28vfLeOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i like the masamune transformation boss music.meant shit was going down.

Excuse me, Magus had his own unique boss theme that doubled as his own personal theme.

Not him, Queen Zeal

He's talking about the bitch queen in the star destroyer.

Wait wait wait, her music changes to Magus' theme or a random party member's theme if you bring Magus along? I've played this game like a million times and I never noticed this.

Magus' theme, because it's his mother.

>her music changes to Magus' theme ... if you bring Magus along?
Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=stW28vfLeOA

It's been awhile since I've played this
Is there specific dialogue between Zeal and Magus for the fight, or do they just kind of gloss over it?

It's kinda funny. I mean he obviously looks like Vegeta but I never realized he mimics his story too. Well, partially. Both doing evil deeds, get forgiven by the heroes, joins up with them, turns out him being a dick wasn't all his fault, turns out to be a valuable ally and a good guy in the end. Though I'm not sure if you could consider Vegeta at the end of the Buu arc a good guy yet, but he certainly is now in Super.

>Is there specific dialogue between Zeal and Magus for the fight
Yes, he has extra lines.
See vid

>Though I'm not sure if you could consider Vegeta at the end of the Buu arc a good guy yet
You could, because despite Piccolo telling him he would get essentially erased during soul purification he still goes through with his sacrifice.

Reminder the Black Omen is a Star Destroyer.

Attached: black_omen_by_realityendshere_d4vzm4o-pre.jpg (956x836, 82K)

>Though I'm not sure if you could consider Vegeta at the end of the Buu arc a good guy yet, but he certainly is now in Super.
Vegeta's character arc regresses in Super
He accepts that Goku is his better at the end of Z DURING Goku's fight with Kid Buu, and then Super starts with Vegeta basically going "I HAVE TO SURPASS YOU KAKAROT" soley because of God powers
I love Super but man they really should've left some shit alone

>Magus looks like Vegeta.
I get Toriyama is the meme artist but come on.

I couldn't ever see it as anything but a huge pine tree

Ah, good point. I know he did some horrible shit but I guess actually changing your ways matters there.

I'd agree with you if I felt it came off like that. To me it just seemed like Vegeta wants to stay as close to Goku in power as possible so he can help protect what he cares about. Even if he knows Goku is better than him if Goku achieves a new form, he's going to want to reach it too. You can still be rivals even if you admit someone is better than you. I mean I could be wrong. It's just what I got out of it. Him constantly saying he's going to win the ToP is just him motivating himself.

His face is nearly identical except the hair.

He states multiple times during Super that he's going to surpass Goku, that he HAS to
It's his entire motivation for training. He accepts that Goku will always be better in Z and then completely flipflops and states he HAS to surpass him in Super

That's why I'm reminding you it's a Star Destroyer.

Queen Zeal had normal boss music if Magus wasn't there? Damn, I don't think I ever fought her without Magus in the party, then.

Attached: 0cb.png (560x865, 871K)

She uses generic "Boss 2" theme normally, yes.

Yeah I misread OP's post, my bad.

Man, with as many times as I've played this game, I don't think I took Magus through the Black Omen a single time...

As a kid I used to think it was some huge insectoid thing. Like the two big round things at the bottom were the eyes.

I guess I just always took at him motivating himself. Like he doesn't believe it but he wants to keep pushing so he tells himself these things. Funny thing is it'd be nice if they both got better than the other in their own ways. Like how people thought Goku would get ultra instinct defense and Vegeta would get UI offense.

If it was a regression of his character yeah it's unfortunate. His character got better in other ways though too. Caring about his family and friends even if he won't admit he has any friends, scolded his future son into making him strive to better, hell he brought the folks in the future a ton of food. He is goodest boy, you be nice.

Unless I'm charming for shit my team is always Magus, Robo, Crono, so I'm not surprised I never realized Zeal had normal music without Magus.

Never saw it as a tree or anything when I was a kid. I always figured it was a top-down view and it was supposed to look like a huge ship.

I also never saw Gestahl as a dog. Always figured he was an old man with a mustache.

>Unless I'm charming for shit my team is always Magus, Robo, Crono, so I'm not surprised I never realized Zeal had normal music without Magus.

I almost always use Crono, Lucca, and Frog myself. Fuck, I'm wanting to replay this now.

I always go way out of my way to fight plot relevant bosses with specific characters. Fire Emblem is a good example as it tends to happen a lot.

Who kills Zeal without letting Magus get revenge though?

Oh. I never realized that. I always had Magus confront his mother. In the one playthrough I killed him I don't think I bothered with the Black Omen. Pretty sure I just crashed the Epoch into Lavos' shell that time.

If you don't pick Duran for a character, there's no music and barely any dialogue when fighting the Darkshine Knight.

Attached: 34-SD3_52_28[1].png (512x446, 34K)

>feed Magus speed tabs
>put haste helm on so he attacks 3-4 times for every enemy attack
>let other party members die to up his weapons damage
>1,800 attacks, 3,600 damage crits
>mash attack solo Zeal and Lavos with Magus

My revenge ending.

Characters should always be given the opportunity to murder their evil or mind controlled parents/siblings. It's story law.

Attached: dcsnkbe-fb72184f-366b-47f9-a873-de50634b76fc.png (512x512, 39K)