Beloved game dies early

>beloved game dies early
>but atleast it died before it could be tainted by modern devs
M-maybe its better this way

Attached: 238AB71A-5AAE-4883-9A91-3257CD1AAA01.jpg (220x299, 24K)

It really needed more content. What it ended up getting was great, but it just wasn't enough for some people. I can't even convince my friend to play it again since "We already played it and there wasn't that much".

Plenty of people still play it.

[Boomer Gurgling]

It still has plenty of people playing it. It's still a good game but Ia gree the novelty wears off after you play the whole thing once. Killing Floor or any other zombie horde game will never be as good or have as much soul as the L4D games did.

lol

Attached: 65DBD6FB-9D62-40AC-A5B3-A21C99771C59.png (750x1334, 1.15M)

If you make the best game in a genre then sell it for basically free people will play it until the end of time.

>someone slightly slights me
>wait until the rescue comes
>down the person with a shotgun when everyone is on and ready to leave
that'll teach you

Attached: 1559961177892.jpg (576x1024, 45K)

>person enters elevator with oxygen tank

the only way l4d stood out was the amount of different contextual voice lines.

does that bug where you clip through the floor still happen?

I think the oxygen tank thing is fixed but if you turn on AI for yourself while the elevator is in motion you'll fall through

you also fall through if your ping is close to 100

Just play a custom campaign, bruv.

Get better friends, I could play any of those campaigns repeatedly

>dead
>thriving playerbase
I play l4d2 on a weekly basis and never have trouble finding pugs.

A game is not dead simply because zoomers aren't watching it on twitch or fantasizing about the latest season pass.

That's what I wanted to do, but it's just impossible with him.

Way ahead of you.

I remember watching the e3 vids way back and the devs saying that the campaigns were procedural generated but really there’s like only 1-2 changes each map only

Iirc dead center and swamp fever are the only campaigns with a chance of changing the layout of a map but procedural generation probably refers to the ai director spawning different items later in the map depending on survivor intensity and your teamwork coefficient

I know parish changes the graveyard layout

Parish was the best campaign

>when you and the team agree to all save adrenaline from the first 4 maps and agree to yolo the bridge

>get into elevator
>always fall through it
How do i stop it bros? it happens everytime on any campaign with elevators, even custom maps

>Playing single player
>At the farm house or whatever
>Everything's going just fine
>Smoker grabs me from second floor
>Ai can't figure out what to do
>They could just melee me, but don't
>Losing health fast
>They're just looking out for zombies
>Already incapacitated
>Finally, one of them shoots the smoker
>Barely make it out alive

It only ever happened once, but it's not the kind of thing you'd forget.

>be bored
>start up some L4D2 and join game
>immediately get vote kicked
>uninstall
thanks valve

Attached: 1554654654169.gif (255x192, 1.96M)

why has no one copied l4D yet?

There is vermintide and that world war z game

I used to play with a group and those are my fondest gaming memories. Playing with randoms just doesn't compare

>someone gets incapped by hanging off from a jockey
>hear over the mic “JUST LEAVE ME, I ALREADY USED MY PIPE”
God bless that man

Play expert campaign online, its one of the biggest reliefs to be walled on a hard crescendo event and then finally make it through with sheer determination and communication.

World war z is actually pretty fun. The special zombies are just less creative versions of the l4d ones but I think it’s a lot more difficult

>that 30 years old boomer that vomit all over your face

Custom maps and mods saved this game for me but after awhile even that wasn't enough

The most fun I ever had in L4D was on those insane 32 player servers with 16 survivors and 16 infected, where you become an infected after you die. It was utter fucking chaos, loved it

Modern Valve is shit

I instantly go afk get teleported at the third floor, go hide in the safehouse and afk when they reach the other sh
Source Engine doing shitty crap since ever
It wasn't fixed so far you can make people fall through if you heal them multiple times while they stand in the middle, also by starting the passing pills chain and a couple of others.
By going afk or becoming an AI while timing your movements you can either fall to your death, teleport yourself above elevator's roof, I don't remember which floor it was but you could also get intentionally teleported in the U shaped walkway around the elevator while others were still inside and rush inside the safehouse, lastly you could also intentionally teleport yourself above the rooftop and force to restart the level because you or the AI could not be teleported back.
Good hunting